PDA

View Full Version : Flobots - Fight with tools

Enix Belmont
05-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Anyone buy this CD? I got it for 7 bucks at circuit city, and honestly, i'm surprised, i think its pretty good. Handlebars is an incredibly catchy song with an awesome video, and I really like the last song on the album.

Alex101
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I wish I had their new CD. "Handlebars" is one of my favorite songs from new bands.

Short_Attention_Span
05-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Alex, it should be in the music sharing thread, if you want to look for it. I know I asked for it, and I know someone uploaded it, 'cause I downloaded it and I know I got the link here.

That said, yes. I've got their album. It's excellent! It threw me for a loop, because I didn't really know what to expect. I thought there were some kind of oddball lyrics here and there, but for the most part, I thought it was great.
________
SEX SCENE (http://www.fucktube.com/video/4731/worldwide-celebs-sex-scenes)

Apathy
05-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Flobots is just too damned popular around these parts. I have the Handlebars song, but to be honest I don't like much else.

XYlophonetreeZ
05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Handlebars is kinda gay. However, I checked out their myspace and "Stand Up" is 452345883 times better. I love that viola!

WebDudette
05-22-2008, 12:24 AM
For some unexplainable reason I like Handlebars.

Every aspect of that song I generally hate but something about that song, gah.

Anyway, I didn't like it too much and have already got pretty bored of it.

jacknife737
05-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Handlebars has become kind of a guilty pleasure; I think i'm going to check out the rest of the album.

nieh
05-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Someone at work told me I might like these guys because "you like all those no-name bands". They sound dangerously close to all the other rap-rock groups out there (though a bit more rap and a bit less rock than most), even despite having a viola player (Subtle have a cello player, thieves!1!1), but sound like they might have potential to become a bit better because they have some neat spots in the mix too. I kinda like the first half of Handlebars despite the fact that the guy's vocals don't flow so well with the music at times.

SuperKnux
05-30-2008, 05:10 PM
The album is a huge suprise.

It's pretty inspiring and makes me want to do some good in the world for once. I think these guys are going to get pretty popular in the coming weeks (or months), because this record is just really solid. I don't think there isn't a weak track on this album.

Llamas
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I heard "Handlebars" at a party last night, and immediately fell in love. Where should I start with these guys?