PDA

View Full Version : Screamo, Post-HC bands

Mirjoe
05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Can you tell me some good Screamo & Post-HC bands like Alesana, Aiden, Atreyu, A Day to remember, Silverstein, Senses Fail?

coke_a_holic
05-22-2008, 01:12 PM
The Fall of Troy, The Blood Brothers, Foxy Shazam.

0r4ng3
05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
In addition what coke_a_holic said, there's also Chiodos and Alexisonfire.

I myself might take some suggestions from this thread. I need some new music.

nieh
05-22-2008, 01:24 PM
The Blood Brothers, Dillinger Escape Plan, Horse the Band, Drive Like Jehu.

I really, really wish Atreyu had a different singer. I had one of their albums a long time ago and the music was surprisingly good, especially considering the other bands they get lumped in with, but the singer made it unlistenable. I heard a song off one of their other albums sometime later and it was pretty bland and generic, so I'm thinking they've probably run dry since that one album.

Mirjoe
05-22-2008, 01:33 PM
The Blood Brothers, Dillinger Escape Plan, Horse the Band, Drive Like Jehu.

I really, really wish Atreyu had a different singer. I had one of their albums a long time ago and the music was surprisingly good, especially considering the other bands they get lumped in with, but the singer made it unlistenable. I heard a song off one of their other albums sometime later and it was pretty bland and generic, so I'm thinking they've probably run dry since that one album.

Yes, Atreyu is a good band, but the vocals of that drummer sucks :mad:

WebDudette
05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Give up the Ghose/American Nightmare
mewithoutYou
xbxrx
Black Eyes
Daughters
Some Girls
Das Oath
the Blood Brothers
Neon Blonde
Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower

There is bound to be something in there you'll like.

nieh
05-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes, Atreyu is a good band, but the vocals of that drummer sucks :mad:

Actually, if I remember right, it's the main vocalist that sucks, the drummer tends to sing in a cleaner voice that's a little better.

Mirjoe
05-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Actually, if I remember right, it's the main vocalist that sucks, the drummer tends to sing in a cleaner voice that's a little better.

Yes, right, We don`t think the same... I like main vocals, but that drummer voice irritates me...

H1T_That
05-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Can you tell me some good Screamo & Post-HC bands like Alesana, Aiden, Atreyu, A Day to remember, Silverstein, Senses Fail?

Those bands you listed don't really fit the genre descriptions very well.

Aiden post hardcore....seriously?

Alesana are the third worst band ever by the way. Narrowly beaten by Job For a Cowboy and Bring Me The Horizon, respectivley.

Anyway, by the bands you listed, you may want to check out

Shadows Fall
Caliban
The Sorrow
Ligeia
A Dozen Furies
Narziss
Calico System
Diverge

to name a few...

Mirjoe
05-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Aiden post hardcore....seriously?

Old Aiden, They're some kind of Emo now

OffspringHead
05-22-2008, 08:15 PM
New Evergreen Terrace is the best I can think of. I don't like too much post-hardcore.

Scythe Death
05-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, right, We don`t think the same... I like main vocals, but that drummer voice irritates me...
Alex (the lead singer) specialized on screams when their genre was metalcore. I also used to think he sounded better until I realized he can't really sing as good as Brandon, and that he uses some studio magic.

Now that they're genre has changed, Brandon could be considered the actual lead singer.

Alex screams weren't that great either, but I guess that's because his voice is spent. Mark's screams were used for more brutal screams in plenty of songs. Alex is an excellent writer and vocalist anyways.

One last thing: Atreyu sold out and I hate their new material.

H1T_That
05-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Old Aiden, They're some kind of Emo now

Old Aiden doesn't really fit that genre tag either to be honest.