PDA

View Full Version : Offspring should totally be on Sesame Street.

randman21
05-22-2008, 05:43 PM
This may be a completely useless thread, but I've been thinking about this continuously for the past few years and have to get the thought out there. The members of The Offspring (at least Dexter and/or Noodles) should make an appearance on "Sesame Street". These guys seem very kid-friendly. Heh, anybody like to see this?

drex878
05-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Sesame Street, Hell no.

...but Yo Gabba Gabba, maybe. Aquabats performed on that show.

randman21
05-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Looks like we've got ourselves a disagreement, although I can't say I've even as much as flipped past Nickelodeon when Yo Gabba Gabba was on, so I wouldn't know how good it is. Is that the show with the kid Nathaniel who likes to daaaaaaance?

drex878
05-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I have no idea, but I really wish this show was on when I was 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKqKAboqDQA

Short_Attention_Span
05-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Sesame Street? No.

Pancake Mountain? Yes... they even had the Evens and Against Me! on there.

And, one of the guy from the Aquabats created Yo Gabba Gabba, right? I'm not surprised that they'd be on there.
________
AVANDIA SIDE EFFECT (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

Camilamazed
05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Hahahahaha

I'd love to see Noodles dancing or making a cool trick on Yo Gabba Gabba. That could be great because my host kids already know the band. (What am I doing with them? But it's so awesome watching them sing "Bang bang hammers in my head")

[Mode Au Pair on]

randman21
05-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Wow, absolutely no love for Sesame Street. But...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKqKAboqDQA
I have to say that after this and other clips I've just watched, Yo Gabba Gabba is actually pretty cool. Very hip for kids. I'd still prefer "Sesame," though.

EMehl6
05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
They should totally be on some kids show. That's be awesome. Preferrably playing a song like "Bad Habit", and have the kids scream "stupid, dumbshit, goddamn motherfucker!". That's be hilarious.

Cock Joke
05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I wanna see greg k. bash Barney over the head with his bass! Now that'd be sweet!

Scythe Death
05-22-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXPnH0C9UA

I agree.

randman21
05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I wanna see greg k. bash Barney over the head with his bass! Now that'd be sweet!
Heh, you mean Bert, or Ernie?

EDIT: Riiiight, I gotcha. I would also like to see this.

Cock Joke
05-22-2008, 10:09 PM
I mean if they were to appear on Barney. But yea, Bert and/or Ernie getting hurt would be pretty awesome...same with Big Bird!

DeAtHsTaR
05-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Looks like we've got ourselves a disagreement, although I can't say I've even as much as flipped past Nickelodeon when Yo Gabba Gabba was on, so I wouldn't know how good it is. Is that the show with the kid Nathaniel who likes to daaaaaaance?

And is it the show that had the clip of the kid's dad, who is a stereotypical rudeboy, singing a ska song called "Pick it up" about cleaning?

EDIT: HELL YES IT IS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-R47vp2XQ

Llamas
05-22-2008, 11:13 PM
What in the world... people here don't wanna see them on Sesame, because no bands they like have been on it? Oh, Aquabats were on this show, oh, Against Me was on this show... so the Offspring should, too.

Fuck that! Offspring should do something different! Be their own band! I say Offspring on Sesame! Elmo could sing Pretty Fly. Elmo Cohen.

randman21
05-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Lolz, hell yeah! I'd die. Now I know I'm not the only crazy one. 'Twould be the greatest if Dexter wrote and sang a duet with Elmo. It's sad, but I've already seen this episode several times in my head.:o

Llamas
05-22-2008, 11:58 PM
As a lifelong fan of Sesame Street, I'm totally with you. I think Dexter would be perfect... but I can't see Noodles doing it. I just think Dexter has a personality that would be awesome on that show. Dexter with his acoustic guitar, singing along with Elmo... hell yes. I'd buy it on DVD. ;)

Little_Miss_1565
05-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Are they even filming Sesame Street anymore? But regardless, fuck Sesame Street. As already mentioned here, Yo Gabba Gabba is the SHIT. I fucking love that show. I was introduced to it through another love of mine, The Soup on Saturday mornings on E!. Joel McHale dancing with clips Nathaniel (who likes to daaaance) and Seth, who can shake it like none other. The other night, my sister starts IMing me with clips of the show, telling me I should check it out. Now, she and I got heavily into the Aquabats! once upon a time. I was a good big sister who introduced her to all kinds of good music, which she repays now by drunk dialing me at 2 am during the week. Anyway. She had no idea that the MC Bat Commander runs YGG. The MC and Dexter are bros, right? I bet they could hook that up. Greg K can teach the children the bass dance.

keonii7
05-23-2008, 12:35 AM
What I'd like to see is the members of Sesame Street jamming to the Offspring's songs.

I can so see Count and Bert and Ernie moshing, Elmo as the original prankster, and Oscar the Grouch singing vocals to "Cool To Hate"

randman21
05-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Are they even filming Sesame Street anymore? But regardless, fuck Sesame Street. As already mentioned here, Yo Gabba Gabba is the SHIT. I fucking love that show. I was introduced to it through another love of mine, The Soup on Saturday mornings on E!. Joel McHale dancing with clips Nathaniel (who likes to daaaance) and Seth, who can shake it like none other. The other night, my sister starts IMing me with clips of the show, telling me I should check it out. Now, she and I got heavily into the Aquabats! once upon a time. I was a good big sister who introduced her to all kinds of good music, which she repays now by drunk dialing me at 2 am during the week. Anyway. She had no idea that the MC Bat Commander runs YGG. The MC and Dexter are bros, right? I bet they could hook that up. Greg K can teach the children the bass dance.
I'm hating/loving you at this point. On the one hand, heck yes, Sesame Street is still filming (39 years and running, foo'). On the other hand, The Soup is also how I learned of daaaaaancing Nathaniel and Seth (Did you see when they were on the show?! Defs snubbed by Emmys). You guys are selling that show well. Might give a look.

Little_Miss_1565
05-23-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm hating/loving you at this point. On the one hand, heck yes, Sesame Street is still filming (39 years and running, foo'). On the other hand, The Soup is also how I learned of daaaaaancing Nathaniel and Seth (Did you see when they were on the show?! Defs snubbed by Emmys). You guys are selling that show well. Might give a look.

Oh hell yes I saw that! The Emmys totally got it wrong. Okay, okay, Sesame Street is cool. REM with Kate Pierson of the B-52s changing their song to "Furry Happy Monsters" and pogoing with muppets -- classic.

Dude just look up Yo Gabba Gabba on YouTube. I wish I was a kid, or had a kid, so I didn't feel so awkward loving this show. And it's from the mind of the Bat Commander so it's automatically awesome.

randman21
05-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I wish I was a kid, or had a kid, so I didn't feel so awkward loving this show.
Awkward-B-Gon!

ages 1 and uphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRw0qL_cCM0&feature=related

Yo Gabba Gabba = TiVo'd.

I guess llamas and I just need to get with the times...

Superdope
05-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I just saw Elijah Wood's guest appearance on Yo Gabba Gabba... epic.