PDA

View Full Version : The Death Penalty

OffspringHead
05-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Fair or unfair. And why.

Unnatural Disaster
05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't like it. I'd rather the offender suffer through life in prison, both ways they end up dying in prison, one just takes a longer time and is more to suffer through.

OffspringHead
05-29-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't like it. I'd rather the offender suffer through life in prison, both ways they end up dying in prison, one just takes a longer time and is more to suffer through.

So you'd rather a prisoner suffer than get killed?

Little_Miss_1565
05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
LOL, was bighead giving you a run for your money?

brian.offspring
05-29-2008, 09:23 PM
i'm against Death Penalty, just think in how many cases we would kill the wrong person . . .
justice is not ALWAYS right . . it's complicated.
and we don't have the straight to take someone's life . . . even though some persons deserve that . .

Chrome
05-29-2008, 09:48 PM

i agree. i think that if they get killed, they actually get off easy, because as you said, in prison they would suffer more for longer. this is really based off if they were to murder someone, because then in prison they would (eventually) regret killing them, because now theyre stuck in prison for life. and for killing someone, they deserve that

randman21
05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
LOL, was bighead giving you a run for your money?
lolz inorite?

I'm against capital punishment, but not because of the reason most stated here (well, not primarily). I personally don't have strong objections to eye-for-an-eye justice. I'm against it because it's useless. Without a doubt, the point of it is to deter would-be murderers from murdering. Since this hasn't and will never work, death penalty has no real reason to exist anymore.

HeadAroundU
06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Fair. A deliberate murder should be punished by the death penalty.

Why? Because they can masturbate in a jail.

Life is precious. Murderers are anti-life. Their life is worth nothing. Therefore executioner is not anti-life.

I'm quite surprised that I'm pro death penalty because a lot of retards are pro as well.

Take em out
06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I believe in rehabilitation.

Death penalty is not a rational solution to the problem of punishing killers.

Take em out
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Life is precious. Murderers are anti-life. Their life is worth nothing. Therefore executioner is not anti-life.

Sorry, but I call bull.

Not all, but many murderers are not intent on killing people. If put in a prison rehabilitation program and consequently shows positive progression, I see no reason as to why the convict can't make a contribution in society again.

People deserve a second chance.

Wolfbutter
06-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Instead of killing criminals, or making them rot in jail, we should put them into forced labor camps without pay so they can be a benefit to society still. Think of how much money we can save if we force the millions of criminals to work to produce goods and services.

HeadAroundU
06-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry, but I call bull.

Not all, but many murderers are not intent on killing people. If put in a prison rehabilitation program and consequently shows positive progression, I see no reason as to why the convict can't make a contribution in society again.

People deserve a second chance.
I'm not talking about inadvertent murder.

Drafan
06-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Some criminals canīt be rehabilitated, especially the ones with deviation. I am for exemplary punishment in cases of proved mass murderers. Otherwise forced labors is a good idea for the others. Work can help them more than time spent in jail.

Take em out
06-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm not talking about inadvertent murder.

Even so, the cliched line of 'Killing to prove that killing is wrong?' is appropriate here.

I think you'll find that alot of murderers feel guilt about their crime, if they don't then they are quite clearly mentally ill. In which case they should be in appropriate care. Making a murder convict mull over what he/she has done, being racked with guilt, coupled with some form of labour is a much more fitting punishment.

Rehab FTW, as i already stated.

Komaschwarz
06-07-2008, 10:02 AM
With the exception of defending oneself or another from grievous bodily harm or death, I don't really believe there is a sound argument as to why anyone could feel entitled to take the life of another.

Komaschwarz
06-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Fair. A deliberate murder should be punished by the death penalty.

Why? Because they can masturbate in a jail.

I'm quite surprised that I'm pro death penalty because a lot of retards are pro as well.

Yeah, lucky for us you brought your sensible and logical argument to the table to counterbalance all the other retards :rolleyes:

ad8
06-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm against the death penalty. The only thing that has to be done to criminals is to either isolate them for the rest of their life so they can't do any more harm or brainwash them so they don't commit any more crimes. Or maybe "normal" rehabilitation, but that would work in only a few cases, I guess.

[[Meli.x]]
06-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Three Cheers For The Death Penalty...

You gotta love it.. i do, i really would like to see nothing more than an assload of criminals burn for what they have done. people have nothing to fear anymore. In English prisons, each cell has its own tv, xbox 360, playstation 3... you name it.. they got it... so criminals can kill a few people, rape a few women... and then they get caught.. oh well, nevermind.. ill have a tv and godknows how many games to play on top of the range consoles... what sort of punishment is that? In the olden days, people acctually feared death.. now, people are scared of nothing... there is no punishment for those who deserve it...
Hang the fuckers...

Take em out
06-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Whilst you are right about the over-indulgent prison life, the rest of your post is beyond ignorant.

HeadAroundU
06-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Even so, the cliched line of 'Killing to prove that killing is wrong?' is appropriate here.

I think you'll find that alot of murderers feel guilt about their crime, if they don't then they are quite clearly mentally ill. In which case they should be in appropriate care. Making a murder convict mull over what he/she has done, being racked with guilt, coupled with some form of labour is a much more fitting punishment.

Rehab FTW, as i already stated.
No, it's not appropriate. It's just an empty line of scared pussies. The only part that is right is "killing is wrong" (killing of murderer). The first word 'killing' is blowed up because you are scared. Murderers are just removed in a human way with a lethal injection. Using the word 'prove' is laughable. There is nothing to prove. Murderer took away your right to live, human rights...etc...he has nothing to do on this planet anymore. Here's a better cliche that I just invented! 'The ultimate murder deserves the ultimate punishment.'

Lol, guilt? They killed a human being. Who cares about their guilt? If they are mentally ill, then it's an inadvertent murder (no death penalty I guess). Nope, it's not a fitting punishment. Life for life.

How would you feel if I intentionally slit your throat from ear to ear? Oh, wait, you would be dead! And I would be manufacturing valentine hearts while masturbating in a jail.

Yeah, lucky for us you brought your sensible and logical argument to the table to counterbalance all the other retards :rolleyes:
Oh, how awesome of you that you didn't bring anything to the thread.

With the exception of defending oneself or another from grievous bodily harm or death, I don't really believe there is a sound argument as to why anyone could feel entitled to take the life of another.
Oh, how awesome of you that you didn't bring anything to the thread.

Take em out
06-07-2008, 03:54 PM
No, it's not appropriate. It's just an empty line of scared pussies. The only part that is right is "killing is wrong" (killing of murderer). The first word 'killing' is blowed up because you are scared. Murderers are just removed in a human way with a lethal injection. Using the word 'prove' is laughable. There is nothing to prove. Murderer took away your right to live, human rights...etc...he has nothing to do on this planet anymore. Here's a better cliche that I just invented! 'The ultimate murder deserves the ultimate punishment.'

Lol, guilt? They killed a human being. Who cares about their guilt? If they are mentally ill, then it's an inadvertent murder (no death penalty I guess). Nope, it's not a fitting punishment. Life for life.

How would you feel if I intentionally slit your throat from ear to ear? Oh, wait, you would be dead! And I would be manufacturing valentine hearts while masturbating in a jail.

Ha, your small mindedness amuses me.

Death penalty is NOT a rational punishment. Have you considered the consequences of killing someone that was wrongfully convicted? I believe there was such a case in America recently, the guy pleaded innocent the whole time. But alas, they went ahead and murdered him anyways. Not so long after, it was proven that he was innocent.

And in the case of an actual guilty party, death penalty suits them more than rotting in jail. It's an easy way of being rid of the guilt.
To me the only feasible reason for a Death Penalty is a means to control the population. It's still a pathetic reason.

But of course, I'm a pussy for thinking that murdering even more people is an absurd course of action to take.

Jog on, fella.

[[Meli.x]]
06-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Whilst you are right about the over-indulgent prison life, the rest of your post is beyond ignorant.

How is it?
I am stating the facts of this fucked up world...
Are you seriously telling me that you wouldnt want a person who took the life of one of your closest relatives/friends to suffer the same fate? mental illness is no excuse.. people are being put into prison for deminal reasons now a days.. they need something to fear... a "life sentence" can last less than 7 years.... to be honest, i dont think they will ever bring back the death penalty in my country.. but i would at least smile in the knowlege that the criminal who commited the crime was made some bigass bald convicts bitch...
An Eye, For An Eye, A Tooth, For A Tooth, A Life, For A Life..
As for a false conviction, as in the case of 10 rillington place with John Cristie... yes, Tim Evans was executed... but that is the ignorance of the police... we should blame them.

Komaschwarz
06-07-2008, 06:52 PM
];1125866']
An Eye, For An Eye, A Tooth, For A Tooth, A Life, For A Life..

Ah yes, Hammurabi and Old Testament morality. Surely, they are without fault.

How else will the justice system be effective, without mimicking the exact actions that led us to condemn the accused in the first place? We deem rape, torture, and murder as morally and socially repugnant, yet it suddenly becomes acceptable because someone else did it? That’s some shitty deductive reasoning; malformed logic that could be spotted by any bright elementary student.

You start playing eye for an eye, and we'll have a world full of blind motherfuckers. If you take part in violence, you condone violence. And thus, you keep the cycle infinitely repeating because of a weak perspective.

Killing those who have harmed others, does nothing more than give temporary piece of mind to the victims or friends and family of the victims (and even then, not often). No punishment can undo the pain inflicted, and so, capital punishment is really nothing more than a retroactive, regressive use of force by frustrated members of society with no proper outlet to grieve.

I have a friend who was raped several years ago. I also have a close relative that was killed in a gunpoint holdup, so I’ve experienced this firsthand. Of course, anger was the first emotion to swell up in me; I even beat the rapist black and blue when I found him. The result? I nearly gave myself a record in the process. Did it make me feel any better? No. My friend was still damaged, regardless of the action that I took. Nothing takes away the hurt. Nothing reduces the pain.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up.

Take em out
06-08-2008, 03:00 AM
The person above me puts across the argument much better than I do, thank you.

];1125866']How is it?
I am stating the facts of this fucked up world...

You are excacerbating how much it is fucked up by condoning the continuity of killing.

Gurdil
06-08-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm against death penalty. There are too many examples of supposed murderers who've been executed but proved unguilty many years later (for example by DNA tests). When you decide to kill someone, there is no possible come back. But that's just my opinion...

[[Meli.x]]
06-08-2008, 08:51 AM
i think we are missing the point here, i made my opinion known and two other members have attacked my personal thoughts... where, yes i do understand your point of view, i also disagree with it.. but i can apreciate your well informed points, yet i deeply believe in karma so sometimes the only way karma can be effective is to punish by death..
Would you not rather know that this person or people who committed these crimes could not commit these crimes again.. in my country, there was a man who was given two or three life sentences for murder (of more than one person, i am unsure of how many) yet he was released.. three guesses what he did? he killed again. rehabillitation doesnt stop hardened criminals.
Telling me to "shut the fuck up" is a bit harsh.. dont you think?
the point of a forum is to debate, not to belittle another members views.. i did not do that to you, so what gives you the right to do it to me...
being called "beyond ignorant" is ignorant in its self... ironic.. isnt it. i respect your views, though i disagree with them. what makes you so special that you cant respect anyone elses.
so ill let you have your opinion and you let me have mine... which hasnt changed, might i add...
Fair?

Take em out
06-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Your views are your views.

I'm not trying to change that, my wording may have been a little aggressive, but the party on my side is not the only guilty party.

Because we're pussies of course.

No offence was intended or taken. (to slightly contradict myself) :p

ad8
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
];1125866']mental illness is no excuse..
So punish people for their destiny? For being born or traumatized with a mental illness? No matter how many people they kill, they aren't responsible for things like that. The only ways to deal with such people are to put them in prison for the rest of their life or healing them. In general, I agree with Komaschwarz. He summed it up well.

[[Meli.x]]
06-08-2008, 03:09 PM
So punish people for their destiny? For being born or traumatized with a mental illness? No matter how many people they kill, they aren't responsible for things like that.

Fair point... but at the end of the day, that still doesnt change the suffering of the victim or their family and friends, given, they are less guilty because of their malfunction, but they still commited the crime...
But yes.. i see your point.

offspringer24
06-08-2008, 03:54 PM
fuck...yeah... deep shit!

RabidFrog
06-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm definitely against the death penalty. How can a society expect people not to kill each other when it makes slaughter legal?

Duskygrin
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't view life and death as rights. Nobody deserves to be born, and nobody deserves to die. I'm against the death penalty, because it harkens to bygone days, because it has no place in modern society, and because it is useless.

And somebody asked "so you'd rather murderers suffered instead of died?"

Well, I hear the electric chair isn't exactly painless, for one.

IamSam
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Murderers don't exactly suffer in jail. Some prisons have nicer facilities and living quarters than my dormitory.

oh_strange_one
06-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Unfair People Like Paedophiles Especially Deserve To Rot In This World In Prison We Dont Know Wot Comes After This World And We Could Be Sending Them To Somewhere Luxury For All We Knowthey Deserve To Stay Here And Face What They Have Done

However I Think Many Prisons These Days Are Way To Lenient On Prisoners Ive Known People Who Have Being In Prison And They Say Sometimes They'd Rather Be In Prison Cause Life Was Easier

Also I Dont Think Paedophiles Get Sent Down Long Enough They Are Sick Creatures And They Are The Scum That Cause Too Many Kids In This World To Be Afraid

Jakebert
06-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I Also Think That Capitalizing Every Single Word You Write Should Also Be Punishable By Death.

oh_strange_one
06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
lol at jakebert is this better

Jakebert
06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Good work.

Anyway, I didn't read the rest of the thread, but I will say that the death pentalty debate is a pretty good example of why I dislike the political discussion in America: the death pentalty has so much of a gray area that putting any kind of black or white, "it's wrong/it's right, end of story" stance on it is just stupid, but people like to ignore the little "but if...'s" and nuances in order to stay true to what they percieve is their ideology.

HeadAroundU
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Have you considered the consequences of killing someone that was wrongfully convicted? I believe there was such a case in America recently, the guy pleaded innocent the whole time. But alas, they went ahead and murdered him anyways. Not so long after, it was proven that he was innocent.
Well, that's sad. If they can't prove it for sure. Then NO.

I'm definitely against the death penalty. How can a society expect people not to kill each other when it makes slaughter legal?
It's not a slaughter.

I don't view life and death as rights.

Nobody deserves to be born, and nobody deserves to die.

I'm against the death penalty, because it harkens to bygone days, because it has no place in modern society, and because it is useless.

Well, I hear the electric chair isn't exactly painless, for one.
Honey, we are living under the system with rights. Anrky!!

That's lame. I certainly deserved to be born. Because I'm HAUSOME!

Way too sensitive reasons for a whore.

Lethal injection for the win.

Anyway, I didn't read the rest of the thread, but I will say that the death pentalty debate is a pretty good example of why I dislike the political discussion in America: the death pentalty has so much of a gray area that putting any kind of black or white, "it's wrong/it's right, end of story" stance on it is just stupid, but people like to ignore the little "but if...'s" and nuances in order to stay true to what they percieve is their ideology.
And instead of discussing the gray area you posted this useless and obvious "nothing".

Mota_boy_
06-12-2008, 03:50 PM
People may do, or people may do it not, anyway its makes people kill other people because taht someone kills someone else, myself its does not you to authorizes to kill that person, i thing no people should.

Ps sorry bit bad english.

brian.offspring
06-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Instead of killing criminals, or making them rot in jail, we should put them into forced labor camps without pay so they can be a benefit to society still. Think of how much money we can save if we force the millions of criminals to work to produce goods and services.

there would be millions of unemployed people too cause criminals would work for free . .