PDA

View Full Version : What's new on www.theoffspring.de

Beheaded
05-30-2008, 12:25 AM
I think I should make a new thread. All new stuff on the site will be post here. ;)

So, the second part of the interview with The Offspring is on:
http://fadedmemories.de/offspring/main.php?section=download_mp3

The last part comes in the next days. I think....Wednesday.:P

Für alle deutschsprachigen Leute:
Demnächst gibt es ein Gewinnspiel auf der Seite mit tollen Preisen von Offspring natürlich. Schaut also öfters mal vorbei.;)

~|Vredina|~
05-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Beheaded
Thanks, nice interview! ;)

Jesus
05-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Damnit no more Higgings :(

Thanks for the interview dude, damn cellphones ;).

Beheaded
05-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Yeah, this stupid reporter hasn't turn off his fucking cellphone. Annoying.

I will miss Higgins, but I can understand him and the reason (family).

Btw.....congratulation Higgins.:)

YODAvid
05-30-2008, 03:01 AM
oh wow in one of the next party they will talk about playing half-playback.

i was seeing this video yesterday and thought myself "damn that one of the best live performances" but still notices it was a little strange.

well it was half playback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nASUgwlhK9I&feature=related

edit: well shit they are talking about the chris higgins stuff but still i think that performance isnt 100% real..... sounds too good especially during the chorus

Jesus
05-30-2008, 03:31 AM
The screaming part in Hammerhead (well from the "yea though I walk through..." till after the screaming) ? Yeah that's with a recording behind it, all the rest is live. Been pointed out like straight after the performance.
For that stuff they need Higgings to make it sound great, although they probably did it because it was a webcast and it needed to sound good because it was the new single. Or Dexter was just having a bad day. Because on the summersonic live versions it doesn't sound like a recording during the screaming parts.

ad8
05-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the interview! What a pity that they don't play the older songs cause of some random kids...:(

jacknife737
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Wow, these interviews are great, thanks for posting. A lot of interesting stuff, ie about auditioning Pete, and its too bad about Higgins, i'll miss him for sure. And it was awesome that Noodles wants to put out a b-sides/rarities album!

Amiralanal
05-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanx for posting!

Beheaded
06-03-2008, 06:41 AM
So, the last part of the interview is on:

Jesus
06-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Awesome thanks (damn cellphone again)!

He's right about singing lower, sounds great though.

Noodles: "The guy with the Judas Priest shirt would call me fag every day. Isn't that ironic" <3

medi01
06-03-2008, 07:05 AM
So, the last part of the interview is on:

interview is awesome. thanks for posting.

Beheaded
10-31-2008, 02:16 AM
To all the german people:
Win tickets for The Offspring on 30th november, Berlin.
Check out: www.theoffspring.de (www.fadedmemories.de)

holland25
10-31-2008, 02:36 AM
Can also a Slovak man try to win it? Or not?

Beheaded
10-31-2008, 02:42 AM
I would say, every country can try to win it. But the only problem is the thing with shipping in foreign countries. Not only the the price, I would pay it. But the time.:( I don't know exactly how long will it take. So, if someone knows.

Okay, maybe there is another chance.
I will go to the concert as well. So, IF SOMEONE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY win one of the tickets, I could give him the ticket right before the concert. But the person has to "trust in me". ^_^

holland25
10-31-2008, 04:02 AM
That's not a bad idea. I'll try, I trust in you ;)

Beheaded
11-18-2008, 01:57 AM
I got a new info and I want to share with you.

Maybe (but just MAYBE!!!!) I got the chance for an interview with the Offspring on 30th november in Berlin. I will find out on 29./30. of november. It appends on the band (time and if they feel like it).

I have to make an interview, whatever there will be an interview or not. So now, I ask YOU for questions, cause it should be a "fan asks - band answers"-interview, you know? But I want serious shit, not questions like "Hihihi, you got a pet? hihihi", "What's yous size of shoes?" and stupid stuff. So, your part....

jacknife737
11-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Hmm, i've got a couple...

Did Atom Willard ever record or demo anything with the band?

How difficult was Atom Willard’s departure from the band?

How collaborative is the band’s songwriting process? Has the process changed or evolved as the band’s career went on?

What does the band plan on doing with the rest of the tracks that were demoed but not recorded during the sessions for Rise and Fall Rage and Grace?

What does the band think of the current state of Punk Rock today? Do they see their influence in any current bands?

Is Pete Parada going to become the new permanent drummer for the band?

Do they ever see themselves returning to an indie label?

How involved were they during the planning and creation of the two music videos for Hammerhead and You're Going to Go Far, Kid.

It was mentioned in an interview with the LA Times, that famous producer and co-head of Columbia Records Rick Rubin took a special interest in the recording of Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, and even offered some very specific advice on certain songs. Is this true? If so, what songs?

mrs_hollandova
11-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Good idea, ask Dexter is he will marry me :p

Wait... not if, WHEN :D

Thank you!

Beheaded
11-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Good idea, ask Dexter is he will marry me :p

Wait... not if, WHEN :D

Thank you!
ahem.....
Like I said:

But I want serious shit, not questions like "Hihihi, you got a pet? hihihi", "What's yous size of shoes?" and stupid stuff.
:D;)

mrs_hollandova
11-18-2008, 02:45 AM
For me its the most important question :p

As Noodles said or wrote somewhere - they are bored of all album and tour questions.

Beheaded
11-18-2008, 02:51 AM
For me its the most important question :p
As Noodles said or wrote somewhere - they are bored of all album and tour questions.
I don't want these.

I want stuff like "Did you read some of the threads in the forum?" "What do you say about all the comments about "This song sounds like Green Days American idiot", that song sounds like "Wake me up, when september ends", some say, Yggfk sounds a bit like Panic At The Disco and so on". Did you ignore the critics?" Or something like that. I don't wanna (would) ask something about touring or recording Rafrag. But the question about the other demos is interesting. "Will there ever be an B-Side-album or maybe an acoustic-cd like "MTV unplugged"? Or maybe a whole tour?" You know, really interesting stuff. Ah, and I wanna ask, what's wrong with Dexters hair. Sorry, but THIS one is a very interesting and SERIOUS question, I think.:D

mrs_hollandova
11-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Hehe, his hair looks cute sometimes, but I dont like it as well so ask him ;)
And also ask about his daughter, if he likes her music and if they will make some show together.

Beheaded
11-18-2008, 03:04 AM
And also ask about his daughter, if he likes her music and if they will make some show together.
Her music?:confused: You mean, what she is hearing all day and all night or is she part of a band? o.O

mrs_hollandova
11-18-2008, 03:06 AM
No, shes got her own music and album... dont you know? hehe good morning

Beheaded
11-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Didn't know. Got a link or something to bring me back up to date?

randman21
11-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Damn, where'd that last post go? Now I can't do my joke.:(

Beheaded
11-18-2008, 07:38 AM
So why did the mod delete the comments? Is it not allowed to talk about the artist *** ****? If so, WHY? o.O

Tijs
11-18-2008, 07:41 AM
I deleted the posts because it contained private information about the band. We are simply not allowed to discuss their private life, and we have no reason to.

randman21
11-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Heh, okay. That's pretty much the extent of what I was going to say anyway. I thought the guy had deleted it.

Jesus
11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I would advise you to not ask Dexter a question about his daughter.

And if you're gonna go ask him about something relating to American Idiot, ask that as a final question cause in the LA Times interview/article of a while back they said he was tired of people talking or asking questions about that album. So if you don't want the interview to end early avoid those things ;).

ad8
11-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, my questions would be:

Do they still like their older stuff(Ignition, S/T) and do they just don't play that stuff anymore because of the younger audience?

B-Sides and stuff...

Do they plan on playing more small club shows(like the myspace one/ the one at le trabendo) and less big festivals?

What amazed them when they toured Japan, Brazil and Europe lately?(Landscape, culture, whatever:D)

And finally: Do they still read the boards and why don't they post here anymore?

jacknife737
11-18-2008, 09:12 AM
I would advise you to not ask Dexter a question about his daughter.

And if you're gonna go ask him about something relating to American Idiot, ask that as a final question cause in the LA Times interview/article of a while back they said he was tired of people talking or asking questions about that album. So if you don't want the interview to end early avoid those things ;).

This.

Ask any questions related to those things, and your interview may be shorter then you'd expect.

Beheaded
11-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I deleted the posts because it contained private information about the band. We are simply not allowed to discuss their private life, and we have no reason to.
wtf
But the information can be find in the internet, so it isn't that private, don't you think? And she has wrote/recorded/released that song, so why can't we talk about it? Don't understand.

But okay, you are the leader.

Back to topic. Your questions to the Offspring please!

This.

Ask any questions related to those things, and your interview may be shorter then you'd expect.
I would never do.
I'm interested in The Offspring, not in her daughter.

mrs_hollandova
11-18-2008, 09:30 AM

There was nothing deleted cause there were no informations posted... What are you talking about???

Tijs
11-18-2008, 09:34 AM
But the information can be find in the internet, so it isn't that private, don't you think? And she has wrote/recorded/released that song, so why can't we talk about it? Don't understand.There's lots of information on the internet. But that doesn't necessarily make it true, or right to talk about.
The person who's post was deleted, didn't just post the song and the lyrics but added some information to it which has nothing to do with the band or the band's music, it was pretty damn private.
Even if I agreed with you, it is simply not allowed, by the board's rules (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32062).
Of course it's OK to post songs of Dexter's daughter as an artist.

Blitzkrieg Bop
11-18-2008, 10:55 AM
I have a question: We know which instruments the band plays professionally, do they play any other instruments besides these? I know that Dexter took a bash at the drums, but what else.

Sofinch
11-18-2008, 10:58 AM
I have a question: We know which instruments the band plays professionally, do they play any other instruments besides these? I know that Dexter took a bash at the drums, but what else.

I thought Noodles played Ukulele (how do you spell that?)

Sofinch
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Yep he plays ukulele
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325551#post325551

cool 2 hate 681
11-18-2008, 11:34 AM
i would ask when is the last time he talked to ron welty as your hang up question:D

Rutegard
11-18-2008, 11:49 AM

PIANO!!

ask about what would noodles do, if he sees a white shark while surfing!!