PDA

View Full Version : What Offspring songs should be gonefrom the set list?/Average age of Offspring Fans

one hundred punks
05-30-2008, 04:52 AM
It is pretty much a given that certain songs like COAP,SE,TKAA, will usually be played. If you could pick a few songs that have worn out their welcome, what would they be? It isn't that you don't enjoy the song but maybe you would like to bump it to make room for KHWHD or JLTW. Thoughts??On a side note, I am 29 and have been seeing Offspring shows for 15 years, My first show was in an outdoor patio type bar with the Lunachicks and Vandals opening. There were sand pits.IT was awesome til we realized it was midnight and we had no way home. We walked a good ten miles til these dudes blastin Van Halen pulled over and took us home ( no there were no sexual favors involved, they were just cool dudes) I will see my first Offspring show at 30 next year and damn do I feel old! Bonus points to whoever can name my song in my quote as well as the little short fella in my Signature with me. I am the one doing the Hulk Hogan Pose in the back.
________
mexicocity hotel (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

holland25
05-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Right Next Door to Hell by G n' R

Where are my bonus points?

Unnatural Disaster
05-30-2008, 05:42 AM
I am 18 and I've been listening to the offspring for 10 years. I think they should drop wdygaj from their playlist.

Count Orlok
05-30-2008, 06:07 AM
I think they should drop wdygaj from their playlist.

I think they should do that,too.And also Want You Bad.Instead they should play Kick Him When He´s Down and...let´s look what RAFRAG brings...
I´m 17 and an Offspring fan for 9 years.

ad8
05-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Yeah, drop Want You Bad!

Jack-UK
05-30-2008, 06:50 AM
I dont like Can't Repeat live.... I like WYB live though..

Free?
05-30-2008, 07:07 AM
I'm 25, and I believe that WDYGAJ is fantastic live. It's a really great song to chill abit with easy lyrics to sing along. The songs I'd like them to drop from live shows are Hit That and prankster, but I guess it's pretty unimaginable. And of course I'd like them to play more older songs like Genocide, Amazed, etc.. and all the songs from Self-Titled and Ignition.

Count Orlok
05-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Do they keep playing Original Prankster?`
I thought they haven´t played it for quite a while.But you´re right,if they still play it they should drop it.

megadeth
05-30-2008, 07:29 AM
they should drop Pretty Fly For a White Guy

Jack-UK
05-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Nah, Pretty Fly is a fun song. Its their biggest hit, why get rid of it? Just get rid of the other 'joke' songs.

I'm 17 btw and first heard the Offspring from, you guessed it, Pretty fly, then was later reintroduced to them when i was a teenager when someone sent me TKAA. Loved them ever since <3 :P

dff_punk
05-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Even if they drop some usual songs, they probably won't play the songs you mentioned(Jennifer, Kick Him...). And now there are tracks from the new album, so it's even less possible.

EDIT: And yeah, 22 y/o, Pretty Fly first song.. :)

Free?
05-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Nah, Pretty Fly is a fun song. Its their biggest hit, why get rid of it? Just get rid of the other 'joke' songs.

I'm 17 btw and first heard the Offspring from, you guessed it, Pretty fly, then was later reintroduced to them when i was a teenager when someone sent me TKAA. Loved them ever since <3 :P
Agreed on that. Pretty Fly is epic, their best joke song and I believe their most succesful single that turned into Offspring / punk rock / rock music most of all Offspring fans. That's what I believe.

dff_punk
05-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Off course, do not remove Pretty Fly. For some people that is the only Offs' song they know :D

findout5
05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm kinda tired of WDYGAJ and also COAP, Gotta Get Away, All I Want, Gone Away (they should still do them, just not EVERY SHOW the play, like one time eachs 3 shows)...their setlists are a bit predictable! They should do things a bit differently - no one likes seeing the same show over and over. They always do the same setlist on a given tour (ex: European Tour 2000, etc.). The only time they didn't do it was on the Warped Tour, where they played older stuff and such.

leo3375
05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah, WDYGAJ? and "Pretty Fly" are basically played out by now. I wouldn't mind seeing KHWHD or "Crossroads" added to the setlist.

By the way, I'm at the ripe, old age of 26. I've been a fan since 1994.

IamSam
05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
I can't imagine them cutting out big hits.

Unnatural Disaster
05-30-2008, 08:48 AM
This would probably please hardcore fans and casual fans:

COAP
TKAA
Pretty Fly
Want You Bad
Session
Bad Habit
Have You Ever
Gone Away
All I Want
The Noose
CGMHAY
Jennifer Lost The War/I'll Be Waiting (PLEASE play something from S/T, anything!)
Million Miles Away
Lightning Rod (just for fun)
Hammerhead
YGGFK
New Song
New Song
New Song
Self Esteem

IamSam
05-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Doubtful that would be the RAFRAG tour one. Possibly like this:

Hammerhead
Staring at the Sun
Bad Habit
All I Want
You're Gonna Go Far Kid
COAP
New Song
New Song
Want You Bad
Pretty Fly
New Song
Head Around You
Gone Away
New Song
Lightning Rod
Americana
New Song
TKAA

Encore/More
Half-Truism
Self Esteem

T-6005
05-30-2008, 09:37 AM
make room for KHWHD or JLTW

What the fuck are these songs?

I realize that my rabid offspring fandom is long over, but I still don't think you should be able to tell every song from its acronym.

Don't get me wrong - TKAA is simple enough, as are COAP and even WDYGAJ is simple enough. But where does it end? HYE, RAM, TILAM?

keonii7
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I love their live Million Miles Away, but could do without their Can't Get My Head Around You.

Hmmm total immortal or all along could be interesting. And heck yes their old stuff would be cool.

dff_punk
05-30-2008, 10:11 AM
We should have a new thread: "Guess the acronym" :D

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-30-2008, 10:43 AM
i got it!
those acronyms:
JLTW- jennifer lost the war
KHWHD- kick him when he's down

jacknife737
05-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't really think they should cut any songs completely, however I would appreciate a little more variety at shows. That said, i really want them to play a lot of new stuff during the proper RAFRAG tour.

RageAndLov
05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
i read about a band (can't remember which) that was so tired of people knowing only their singles, that they played ONLY non-singles!
it would be amazing if offspring did that once in a while :)
maybe not at festivals when half of the crowd only knows the band's singles, but at least at shows when people are coming just to see offspring live :)

so, drop all singles! once in a while...:p

Greekoldfan
05-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm 25 and I am a huge fan since I was 11 back in '94

LowEndLem
05-30-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm 17 and have been a slobbering fan for 2 years.

I kinda fell really hard for these guys.

IamSam
05-30-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll add mine in: 21 years young and have been listening since 2003.

ZbadhabitZ
05-30-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm 21 and saw them in concert for the first time when I was 12. Last row at the very back of the venue, and my Dad kept making comments on how it smelled like weed. Looking forward to seeing them again soon!

Hmm...I don't think there are any songs I would "drop" from a setlist. I think if they skew too far from what is mainstream, they run the risk of losing some people, but also bringing up the excitement for the die-hard fans. I'm sure they have a lengthy discussion before drafting a setlist for the tour, trying to decide what older songs would work well with what newer.

I know it's not frequent, but I have heard L.A.P.D., Session, and once Dirty Magic live. Also heard Beheaded live once.

Manic Subsida
05-31-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm 16 years old and have been listening to Offspring since I was a small kid. My brother burned me the "Ixnay on the Hombre" CD that he got, so I've been listening to that. Pretty Fly is also a song that I remember well. Now, about a half year ago, I finally got REALLY interested in Offspring, and now it is my favourite band.

Pitty that I missed the 80's and 90's when they was at their "best"... :/

F@ BANKZ
05-31-2008, 05:39 AM
I'm sixteen too, I think I've been a fan since I took my brother's Americana cassette when I was in my very early teens.

I think they have a fairly balanced setlist, they should make sure that they vary enough for each time they play, but generally I it.
Edit:
80's and 90's when they was at their "best"... :/
Take that back!! >:-z

Manic Subsida
05-31-2008, 05:45 AM
Take that back!! >:-z

No no, I didn't mean it that way, heheh.

I mean it's just pitty that I missed the 80's and 90's when they breaked through and become HUGE. They are still as awesome as they were then, it's just pitty that I missed that time...

Don't you agree? : )

Smash punker
05-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Drop something from Offspring? No way in hell! :D You think that like dropping Hit that´would let play things like Smash or Session! That´s kinda senseless to do. I just hope that Dexter will pick Self-esteem at Hradec Králové´s Rock for people!

Manic Subsida
05-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Drop something from Offspring? No way in hell! :D You think that like dropping Hit that´would let play things like Smash or Session! That´s kinda senseless to do. I just hope that Dexter will pick Self-esteem at Hradec Králové´s Rock for people!

Self Esteem is a song they MUST play, MUST!
One of their biggest hits and one of the best song ever.

Smash punker
05-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Self Esteem is a song they MUST play, MUST!
One of their biggest hits and one of the best song ever.

La,la,la,la,...la,la,la,la! :D

Jack-UK
05-31-2008, 09:53 AM
You gotta keep COAP, Self Esteem, TKAA, Bad Habit, Pretty fly... the main crowd pleasers, If theres one 'hit' you need to get rid of i say Gone away or Gotta get away, though they should be able to squeeze one or the other in.

Free?
05-31-2008, 03:29 PM
No no, I didn't mean it that way, heheh.

I mean it's just pitty that I missed the 80's and 90's when they breaked through and become HUGE. They are still as awesome as they were then, it's just pitty that I missed that time...

Don't you agree? : )
80's is just not right word

Free?
05-31-2008, 03:30 PM
La,la,la,la,...la,la,la,la! :D
Haha! To me it's "Laa,laa,lalalaa..." :rolleyes:

Manic Subsida
05-31-2008, 03:32 PM
80's is just not right word
No, I know. 90's.

volcano62
05-31-2008, 04:34 PM
This would be my dream setlist:

(in album order)

beheaded
blackball
session
we are one
L.A.P.D.
bad habit
gotta get away
come out and play
self esteem
gone away
all i want
have you ever
staring at the sun
pretty fly
the kids aren't alright
why don't you get a job?
original prankster
want you bad
hit that
can't get my head around you
hammerhead

offspringer24
06-01-2008, 01:56 AM
im 27 and been into offspring since 94, holy crap thats 14yrs :eek:
first time i saw them was wolverhampton - civic hall in 95

i aint that struck on why don't you get a job live :(

Alison
06-01-2008, 04:55 AM
I think they should play more old and less new.

sbazzone
06-01-2008, 05:01 AM
I think they should drop Why Don't You Get A Job, The Kids Aren't Alright and Want You Bad
and they should play Self Esteem, Bad Habit and Huck It

RageAndLov
06-01-2008, 05:52 AM
they should absolutley play huck it live!
have they ever done that? i didn't find anything on youtube