PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Rossdale's solo album

HeadAroundU
05-31-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kuhi2l
The album was produced by Bob Rock and finds Rossdale collaborating with drummer Josh Freese, former Helmet member and Bush tour guitarist Chris Traynor, bass player Paul Bushnell and Jamie Muhoberac on keyboards, as well as David A. Stewart of Eurythmics fame, Katy Perry, Joel Shearer and Garbage-singer Shirley Manson.

The album hasn't grown on me yet...

Free?
05-31-2008, 03:36 PM
whoa! so many big names

Llamas
07-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I listened to some Bush the other day (I still love Razorblade Suitcase and Science of Things), and it made me wanna check out his solo album. I downloaded it, and I like it. It's VERY different from Bush stuff. I really wasn't expecting this, but it's so awesome to hear his voice, and it sounds more refined than with Bush. This could definitely grow on me quite a bit.

cool 2 hate 681
07-03-2008, 07:10 PM
damn the link is down:(

bd007h
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I was gonna download it, then I heard from a few people that it is very bland and boring. I dunno, I still might wanna give it a listen for myself.

leo3375
07-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Does Gwen sing on it? Is she gonna be on tour with him? [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, I am curious about what his solo stuff sounds like. He's gonna be playing at a festival about a mile away from me later this month. But I can't help but wonder how many people are going to go in hopes that they could catch a glimpse of Gwen and their son.

(Note: She and the little man are not gonna be there.)

HeadAroundU
07-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Allmusic.com have beaten the shit out of this album. :D Poor Gavin. :(

I can see how it's very bland and boring for some people. It's made for masses. :D

I'm not blown away but I like it.

I can upload it if anybody wants.

Llamas
07-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I was gonna download it, then I heard from a few people that it is very bland and boring. I dunno, I still might wanna give it a listen for myself.

It's no less bland or boring than Bush. Some of the songs are much poppier (Can't Stop the World), which is strange. But some of the songs are really interesting (The Skin I'm In, Future World) and different. It's worth checking out if you're a fan of Gavin's voice.

HeadAroundU
07-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I love "Future World"! Also, duet "The Trouble I'm In". "If you are not with us..." and "Can't Stop the World" are fine as well.

Llamas
07-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I love "Future World"! Also, duet "The Trouble I'm In". "If you are not with us..." and "Can't Stop the World" are fine as well.

Future World is fantastic. I like This is Happiness, too. If You Are Not With Us is quite awesome.

I like most of the album, even though a few songs are kinda generic. I just really like Gavin's voice, and some of these songs are such a venture for him. I may end up buying this album.

bd007h
07-05-2008, 08:11 PM
It's no less bland or boring than Bush. Some of the songs are much poppier (Can't Stop the World), which is strange. But some of the songs are really interesting (The Skin I'm In, Future World) and different. It's worth checking out if you're a fan of Gavin's voice.

I never found Bush boring or bland, so I guess I might just have to download it.