PDA

View Full Version : Papa Roach

Grimesy da Offspringfan
05-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know anything about the new album? I mean, new songs, release date etc.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-31-2008, 03:14 PM
People still listen to Papa Roach?

Free?
05-31-2008, 04:03 PM
People still listen to Papa Roach?

Agreed! Papa Roach now are more posers than musicans. Ways too much of emotions and mainstream, but no serious stuff. Too emo I'd say.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Agreed! Papa Roach now are more posers than musicans. Ways too much of emotions and mainstream, but no serious stuff. Too emo I'd say.

Dunno, i don't think so. The vocalist looks a littlebit emo, but he isn't, he says, he's a rocker, and the rest of the band are totally not emo

Tijs
06-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Emo or not, 'Blood Brothers' and 'Last Resort' are great, great songs.

I saw them unexpectedly live once at a festival. Another band canceled and they filled in, good performance too, just too bad I didn't get to see the full show.

jacknife737
06-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Sigh, yet another "quilty pleasure" of mine, I actually don't listen too them much, but i did see them during their last North American tour, and they do put on a fun live show.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah, the vocalist's style is strange (personally i think he's funny and pretty cool :p ) but the crowd on their shows are a littlebit frozen, because what the vocalist, Coby does i...dunno, too much.

Free?
06-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I loved them during Infest times. They weren't such posers and they had some refreshing style / sound. But man... what did they become now... just read how their lyrics evolved from album to album. Last one is totally soft-crying piece. Just go and read lyrics of Paramour Sessions. All they sing about is love, broken heart, feelings forever, being rejected and going down and there is nothing to save you, but I will die with love by my side! That's actually a picture of just another emo album (I have to say that I'm not experienced with emo stuff, but I believe that's true). I'm not against expressing feelings in songs, I'm against doing that cheap way and resinging the same idea over and over again from artist to artist. And that track with orchestra which sounds like some hollywood drama soundtrack totally approves that they became another love-crying band. They are too glamourous now and have all the emo kids as their hardcore fans now. But I just can't respect a band that sings only about emotional bullshit without any serious message or questions that would make you change your point of view. Thanks to Offspring, NIN and many other bands who made me think that way.
P.S. Guys, just a good advise for everyone, don't be lazy and read the lyrics, try to understand what songs you like are about. If you just like the music and don't even bother to understand what is that music about, you'll be just another trendy asshole. A good album allways has some good message or two. ;)

Llamas
06-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I used to LOVE the "Lovehatetragedy" album. "Infest" was okay, but only had a few good songs.

Then I got "Getting Away With Murder"... and I fell away from them. I did not dig that album much at all, besides a few songs. Then I heard the Paramour Sessions... and it just sucked ass.

So I went back and listened to Lovehatetragedy... and I don't like much anymore. I can listen to a few songs and enjoy them, but the album as a whole gets really boring. :-/

They never were anything special, but they were a decent rock/rap band.

dff_punk
06-02-2008, 04:11 AM
I've actually quite enjoyed "The Paramour Sessions", aside from the lyrics and their recent appearance, the album is really good and catchy. The song "Crash" might be my favorite.

And "Last Resort" is a freakin' classic!

slade
06-02-2008, 06:37 AM
I guess I'm one of the few that liked The Paramour Sessions.

I never was a big fan of theirs, didn't like the type of music they played early on so Paramour Sessions was good for me.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah, the lyrics on Paramour Sessions suck ass :/ but the songs kick ass, and personally i love all of their albums. I mean, they have some classic songs like Last Resort or Blood Brothers or Between Angels And Insects, She Loves Me Not, but i like the new stuff too, except for some songs like Forever. Now that is a gay song

brian.offspring
06-02-2008, 11:59 AM
the paramour sessions really sucks in my opinion . .
i used to be a big papa roach fan, but i didn't buy their last cd . .
even though i have the first 3 ones . .

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I own Infest and Getting Away with Murder, which I still listen too when I am in the mood, after these albums I just lost interest.

Forza
06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
There's no money, there's no possession, only obsession... I don't need that shit!

Free?
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
There's no money, there's no possession, only obsession... I don't need that shit!

Too bad papa roach don't do such songs anymore...

Devidence
06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
They have a fucking great live show, albums are hit and miss for me. If they ever try to write a "slower" song it's pretty painful.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
They have a fucking great live show, albums are hit and miss for me. If they ever try to write a "slower" song it's pretty painful.

Yeah, their song called Forever SUCKS!!!!! Really, one of the gayest songs i've ever heard

dontWannaBeControlled
06-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah, their song called Forever SUCKS!!!!! Really, one of the gayest songs i've ever heard

omg, how old are you? This statement sounds really immature.

However, I used to be a Papa Roach fan since Iīve listened to Last Resort for the first time. To me they have probably been the most influencing band of my teenage years. :D But actually I donīt like the way they have developed during the last years.
Itīs true that their songs are sometimes way too emotional and I also think that their singer has turned into an arrogant asshole during the last years. I think itīs somehow sad to say that about your "end-of-childhood-hero" :D but it is like it is^^
But Iīm still looking forward to listening to their next album and seeing them live in Germany.

oh_strange_one
06-16-2008, 04:42 AM
i think papa roach are pretty good actually the best albums are infest and getting away with murder

one of my fave songs is tightrope thats a goodsong its different to their stuff but still brill :)

about their next album, no idea soz mate:p