PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss atom?

icklebabygremlin
05-31-2008, 05:42 PM
i know i sure as hell do,he is so much better live than pete and he has alot more energy!

Unnatural Disaster
05-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Not really. Ron will always be 'The Offspring's Drummer'

Cock Joke
05-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes! Atom is the world's greatest drummer!

Pete rocks, tho. He's a really great drummer and I like Freese, too.

Leandro
05-31-2008, 07:24 PM
I liked Pete Parada.

IamSam
05-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Atom Willard has nothing on Josh Freese. That being said:

I liked Atom, but I like Pete more. He seems to fit in better.

Budzy
05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
i wouldnt have a clue
but i hav the complete video collections and im pretty sure the live songs are played by ron welty and atom.
he seemed pretty cool
???

jacknife737
05-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I've loved Atom's stuff since his Rocket From the Crypt days, and i do wish he had stayed with the band. Still, Pete is a great fit, and thus, i hope he stays on.

RageAndLov
06-01-2008, 06:04 AM
i never really got to like atom, and i have no oppinions about pete yet

i consider josh freese as offsprings drummer, and i have since ron left
atom and pete is only touring crew it would seem, and josh freese the real drummer

Footman
06-01-2008, 06:08 AM
No.

Atom is poor drummer. For drummer I like Ron.

SaiKYoU
06-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Pete kicked asses at "Hammerhead" and "Americana" live this friday on Madrid!!!

Free?
06-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Ron will allways remain as the offspring's drummer. Atom was ok, and Pete seems to be ok aswell, though I'd like Josh Freese to be new constant band's member, he suits the band better than atom or pete. But Josh is kinda busy with loads of bands and side projects he participate in. It's bad that band switch drummers pretty often after Ron left.
And I will not miss Atom.

Alison
06-01-2008, 06:38 AM
I miss Ron :(

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Yes! Atom is the world's greatest drummer!

Pete rocks, tho. He's a really great drummer and I like Freese, too.

Hell yeah! ATOM IS THE BEST DRUMMER!!! He has so much energy, and he's fast as noone else!! Too bad his current band is the gay A&A... :( Joey Jordison and Lars Ulrich aren't better than him, but Pete and Josh Freese are awesome drummers too

Gustavo
06-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Nah, not that much. He's the one who wanted to left The Offspring to stay with Angels And Airwaves.
And, of course, Pete is great.
I guess The Offspring is better off him.
I cannot lie and say that Atom is not a good drummer, actually, he is a great drummer... And so is Pete!
As far as I could see Pete's been doing a great job while being the The Offspring drummer, let the boy show his work :)
I'm sure you all will like him.

findout5
06-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I miss Atom. Great Drummer! Pete should get kicked out :P lol This, of course, to bring Josh Freese in! Now that he's not in NIN or APC...it could happen!

GunForHire
06-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Never had the pleasure of seeing Ron perform with the band, only Atom, but he put on a rock solid performance, and he did come over to talk to some of us in the pit after the rest of the band went offstage. So he scores some points with me on that for being a decent guy. So yea I miss him a bit, but I like Pete too, he seems to be fitting right in.

ad8
06-01-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't miss Atom. I somehow never liked him. He just didn't fit in. I mean, Ron will always remain as the Offspring's drummer, but Pete is doing well. And in a way he is matching with Dexter, Greg and Noodles.

Alex101
06-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Not really. Ron will always be 'The Offspring's Drummer'

Same here. I actually like Ron better than Atom.

sneedo
06-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Ron was boring, solid but boring, Atom was the opposite, not quite as solid but never boring.

I don't like how Pete has to count down every single thing that happens on stage on the high hat or at least he did at the weenie roast, that annoyed me and just felt amateur.

Amiralanal
06-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I dont know about all the technical drummer stuff, i just like Ron.

Hypodermic_89
06-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Ron ftw.

fucking lol

Amiralanal
06-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I cant believe that ron is not an option in the poll.

samara
06-01-2008, 01:42 PM
No, I miss Ron. He was awesome. Pete is great too and I really like him. He is better than Atom.
I never liked Atom, I don't know why. He was irritating.

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Atom Willard has nothing on Josh Freese. That being said:

I liked Atom, but I like Pete more. He seems to fit in better.

no punk drummer has anything on josh freese

IamSam
06-01-2008, 03:43 PM

Thank God there is another of us! I thought I stood alone for a while! From the sound of Hammerhead and the clip of Trust In You it sounds like they may have turned Freese loose on this album. Which would rock my socks off.

SuperKnux
06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm getting used to Pete even though I've pretty much only saw him in peform from the KROQ webcast, but I do miss Atom.

I don't know, but Atom had this charisma and style that really made the Offspring somewhat young again and I liked that. I know Ron will always be great, but Atom was without a doubt a worthy replacement.

Free?
06-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Ron was boring, solid but boring, Atom was the opposite, not quite as solid but never boring.

Ron was like a drummer version of Greg K - both of them have found their own style of performing and were keeping it for whole life, that's their way to charm people and I like that alot. It's cool to be a drummer like atom who is attracting people with his energy of moving like crazy, but drummer like Ron is on the next level, he doesn't need moving like that to be loved even more. He's just one concerned silent sexy drummer.

RobinoZombie
06-01-2008, 04:41 PM

I don't like how Pete has to count down every single thing that happens on stage on the high hat or at least he did at the weenie roast, that annoyed me and just felt amateur.

Atom was a slick rock n roll drummer, never boring, pete is just a real burst of energy, and about the counting is for the samples and the Pre recorded backup vocals(i refuse to call it playback or singback).

Ill.be.waiting.
06-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I love pete
How can we miss atom if he was in the band very few time?
if we have to miss someone, could be ron
but personally right now im really happy with pete

sneedo
06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Atom was a slick rock n roll drummer, never boring, pete is just a real burst of energy, and about the counting is for the samples and the Pre recorded backup vocals(i refuse to call it playback or singback).

nah, he counted down 2/3 of the songs, even the ones that didn't include samples at the KROQ show. It's probably just a habit of his but it's annoying as fuck

IamSam
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't get how you guys find this annoying to tap in a song. It's clearly not as annoying as the Ramone's always yelling "1 2 3 4!"

Thomas
06-01-2008, 08:58 PM
As much of a fan of Ron as I am, Pete is easily the best drummer The Offspring ever had (excluding Josh Freese, of course). Look up some videos of him online and you'll see.

Indeed. And that is DEFINITELY not because of his work with The Offspring. I don't consider myself a punk drummer and I can pull off everything he's done with The Offspring no problem. His work with The Vandals, however, is a completely different story...

btw, if you honestly think any of these drummers are the "best in the world" then you need to do your homework. Find ANY youtube video of Jojo Mayer, Dave Weckl, Virgil Donati, or Steve Gadd and you'll see. I didn't even mention any of the great jazz artists, who would put the guys I listed to shame.

Llamas
06-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't see how it's really possible to miss a drummer that was with the band for such a short time, and barely helped the band with the recording of anything. I missed Ron for quite a while... and I wish Freese had stuck with the band... but I don't miss him, or Atom. Atom didn't do enough with the band for me to really feel anything about him.

IamSam
06-01-2008, 11:29 PM
As much of a fan of Ron as I am, Pete is easily the best drummer The Offspring ever had (excluding Josh Freese, of course). Look up some videos of him online and you'll see.

Indeed. And that is DEFINITELY not because of his work with The Offspring. I don't consider myself a punk drummer and I can pull off everything he's done with The Offspring no problem. His work with The Vandals, however, is a completely different story...

btw, if you honestly think any of these drummers are the "best in the world" then you need to do your homework. Find ANY youtube video of Jojo Mayer, Dave Weckl, Virgil Donati, or Steve Gadd and you'll see. I didn't even mention any of the great jazz artists, who would put the guys I listed to shame.

I <3 you. This post should be handed out in a 'Welcome to the BBS' type brochure.

randman21
06-02-2008, 01:52 AM

The only video I can find of him is the one where he does the "galloping beat" thing, and I can't really tell much from that.

Thomas
06-02-2008, 06:36 AM
The only video I can find of him is the one where he does the "galloping beat" thing, and I can't really tell much from that.

haha. That was the first one i was thinking about. Freaking impressive. I tried that beat, and ended up stumbling all over myself. And I'm most of you probably can't notice, but his hand technique and grip is perfect, even more so than Ron's around the end of his career with The Offspring. It's a very relaxed, mature, grip; something I've been trying to get into my hands for the past one or two years.

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-02-2008, 07:09 AM
btw, if you honestly think any of these drummers are the "best in the world" then you need to do your homework. Find ANY youtube video of Jojo Mayer, Dave Weckl, Virgil Donati, or Steve Gadd and you'll see. I didn't even mention any of the great jazz artists, who would put the guys I listed to shame.[/QUOTE]

Buddy rich, muthafuckas!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WgeX9iYOFSQ

randman21
06-02-2008, 08:01 AM
^Hehe, trust me, Thomas meant to mention him. He also didn't mention Jon Bonham this time, either:p

IamSam
06-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Watching Buddy Rich is proably like watching Bach or Mozart. B E A utiful.

On a side note (and partially at Thomas) I agree that Pete is the best drummer The Offspring has had. Excluding Josh Freese. I just enjoy when actual drummers discuss matters like this instead of blind fans.

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-02-2008, 12:54 PM
^Hehe, trust me, Thomas meant to mention him. He also didn't mention Jon Bonham this time, either:p

of course!
but it never hurts to mention him again. lol

Smash punker
06-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Atom? Itīs like who was that guy? He prefers some bullshit called Angels and Airways! What dick! Instead of staying in da Offspring house! :D Fool! If you ask me, then I miss James Lilja more! :D But really Ron was the drummer of the Offspring. Thatīs the guy I really miss. He belonged to the Offspring!? :D

Ansem
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't miss him 'cuz he still kicks ass in Angels & Airwaves. :p

Komaschwarz
06-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't miss him 'cuz he still kicks ass in Angels & Airwaves. :p

It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...
It hurts...

Yeah...real glad he's a part of that.

nameless
06-06-2008, 06:24 PM
atom was good but most people will be happy whoever is playing with them!