slimtim
06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
wow you can preview all the tracks on amazon.com

I'm too lazy to show you the link, just go google it yourself

I have a feeling this has been brought up already, so forgive me if it has

Rave21
06-02-2008, 08:33 PM
i gotcha dude. i just put the link up in the best new song Thread

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fall-Rage-Grace-Explicit/dp/B001AMVN3U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1212457962&sr=8-4

jacknife737
06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
You have no idea how tempted I am, i even clicked on a link that someone else posted in another thread and after about 5 minutes of starring at the page, i think my will power is strong enough to last 15 days until the 17th. However, i'll let myself download the OC Life cover as soon as it becomes available, since i'm not buying the Japanese edition anyways (well, i might).

Drafan
06-02-2008, 08:45 PM
So tempted am I, good luck I canīt hear it at work without speakers.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Half-truism -> very nice
Trust in You -> Punk-Rock meets Metal. I like it
Kid -> nice on studio with all effects, not as good live, not the one i like more
Hammerhead -> Lovely lovely
A lot like me -> very strange, but still has chorus very addictive, but an odd song
Takes me nowhere -> love love love it, maybe one of the best in the album.
Kristy -> Radio friendly, seems like a lot of songs in the radio, but i think i will like it some day lol
Nothingtown -> A good song, but not the best of them
Stuff is messed up -> I love , i love, i love, i love, i love(PLAY IT LIVE PLEASE)
Fix You -> the only one that i do not like
Rock bottom -> the another one that i do not like that much
Rise and fall -> Punk Rock Anthem nice to sing

Best Songs : Hammerhead, takes me nowhere and stuff is messed up
Nice songs: half-truism, Trust in you, Rise and Fall
The not so good list -> Fix You and Rock bottom

I gave 4 ot 4.5 out of 5

PLEASE DEXTER PLAY Takes me nowhere and stuff is messed up, please!

DividingByZero71
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Half-Truism- 10/10
Trust In You- 10/10
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid- 10/10
Hammerhead- 10/10
A Lot Like Me- 8/10
Takes Me Nowhere- 10/10
Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?- 6/10
Nothingtown- 10/10
Stuff Is Messed Up- 10/10
Fix You- 1/10
Rock Bottom- 7/10
Rise And Fall- 5/10

I have never heard a song like "Fix You" at all!, not by The Offspring anyways. Other than that, all the other songs sound AWSOME!

Italia311
06-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Probably their best work in a while. Loving the non traditional bar chord/fast punk drum tracks. Something different. Can't wait for its release.

Alot Like Me
Kristy, Are You Doing Ok?
Fix You

Dying to hear the full version of those!

Revolver-2005?
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
incredible, wow im really excited now

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Probably their best work in a while. Loving the non traditional bar chord/fast punk drum tracks. Something different. Can't wait for its release.

Alot Like Me
Kristy, Are You Doing Ok?
Fix You

Dying to hear the full version of those!

you like the songs i like less ;) itīs good :d

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Half-Truism- 10/10
Trust In You- 10/10
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid- 10/10
Hammerhead- 10/10
A Lot Like Me- 8/10
Takes Me Nowhere- 10/10
Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?- 6/10
Nothingtown- 10/10
Stuff Is Messed Up- 10/10
Fix You- 1/10
Rock Bottom- 7/10
Rise And Fall- 10/10

I AGREE WITH YOU . stuff is messed up and takes me nowhere are the biggest surprises...itīs so catchy and so hard :D

Italia311
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
you like the songs i like less ;) itīs good :d

They are just different/non traditional Offspring songs, so they stand out to me more. All of the songs I like 10/10.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow, they've spent quite a lot of time on this record and it shows, just based on those previews. Can't wait to hear the album in its entirety.

I don't think people should be dissing Fix You just yet. You only heard "I wish I could fix you." It was, like, 20 seconds. It definitely stands out the least out of them all, but I'm reserving full judgment of the song when I hear it completely.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
But then you got lame songs like Fix You. I really like Alot Like Me. Nothingtown sounds very American Idiot. The Offspring have really stepped out of their boundaries for this CD... It's like a whole new start for them kinda. Totally different sound.

i donīt think it sounds... but i do not listen a lot to green shit day

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
i think that RFRG can have, easily, 3 or 4 singles.

Dexterīs voice in Stuff is messed up is so sexy LOL

drex878
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Holy fuck I believe that I have just creamed my pants.

06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
i think that RFRG can have, easily, 3 or 4 singles.

Dexterīs voice in Stuff is messed up is so sexy LOL

I agree. I think the next singles should be Half Truism and Alot Like Me... Rare to get a 4th but let's just say they do... I think Takes Me Nowhere should be it.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree. I think the next singles should be Half Truism and Alot Like Me... Rare to get a 4th but let's just say they do... I think Takes Me Nowhere should be it.

How can a simple Human Being be so great ;)

Revolver-2005?
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
takes me no where is really catchy i like it a lot, and i still love youre gonna go far kid. i like the whole thing...bar fix you isn't seeming all to wonderful, yet that is though

drex878
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
My god, I am floored by these previews. Never have I heard a more dynamic, out of the box Offspring record. Amazing, simply fucking amazing.

effreyj
06-02-2008, 09:14 PM
half-truism => best song on the album...the studio version sounds really good

trust in you => ok but very generic offspring song

you're gonna go far kid => this is my second favorite song...i disagree with the guy that said this doesnt sound good as a studio version

hammerhead => best single since TKAA

a lot like me => very different sounding but i like it, especially the chorus

takes me nowhere => kind of generic but definately better than trust in you

kristy => i don't really like it they sound like they're trying to copy wake me up when september ends but it's not as good

nothingtown => nah...not very catchy or interesting and kinda dull

stuff is messed up => the joke song...better than worst hangover ever and special delivery but i'm not that big a fan of these

fix you => i like it so far but i need to hear the chorus of this one

rock bottom => not a big fan...too poppy

rise and fall => i like it but i definately see how it sounds like american idiot

Overall, it sounds better than splinter and co1 and there are a bunch of songs i like but there are a bunch of ones that aren't that great. i hope they release half-truism as a single it's absolutely the best song.

Nemesis881
OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!
sounds like half older type stuff and half newer stuff :cool:
rise and fall sounds EXACTLY like something green day would do but thats my only complaint.

XYlophonetreeZ
Trust in You, A Lot Like Me, and Takes Me Nowhere all sound awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing them branch out and try some shit they haven't before. From the sounds of things, those songs will be "Kristy," "A Lot Like Me," and "Fix You." From the previews it sounds like the first half of the album will be much better than the second, but you can't always tell from 30 seconds.

I was disappointed with Splinter, so I wasn't sure if I'd buy the Offspring's next album or not. Now that Hammerhead is out and I love it, and most of these other songs sound like they'll be great too, I definitely will.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:16 PM
half-truism => best song on the album...the studio version sounds really good

trust in you => ok but very generic offspring song

you're gonna go far kid => this is my second favorite song...i disagree with the guy that said this doesnt sound good as a studio version

hammerhead => best single since TKAA

a lot like me => very different sounding but i like it, especially the chorus

takes me nowhere => kind of generic but definately better than trust in you

kristy => i don't really like it they sound like they're trying to copy wake me up when september ends but it's not as good

nothingtown => nah...not very catchy or interesting and kinda dull

stuff is messed up => the joke song...better than worst hangover ever and special delivery but i'm not that big a fan of these

fix you => i like it so far but i need to hear the chorus of this one

rock bottom => not a big fan...too poppy

rise and fall => i like it but i definately see how it sounds like american idiot

Overall, it sounds better than splinter and co1 and there are a bunch of songs i like but there are a bunch of ones that aren't that great. i hope they release half-truism as a single it's absolutely the best song.
I said the "KID" live is worse than "KID" studio version.

The_BlackSwordsman
06-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Ok people don't dis Fix You like that! We heard nothing of the song! Although a different sound, it may be really good. It feels like it'll be...

Anyway, the album seems pretty good. :D

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok people don't dis Fix You like that! We heard nothing of the song! Although a different sound, it may be really good. It feels like it'll be...

Anyway, the album seems pretty good. :D

My review is about the samples. I talked about the samples, maybe with full album i can change my opinion ;) . But itīs a fuckin solid album.

jacknife737
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Ok, again i'm not listening to the previews, but anyone making the Rise and Fall- Green Day comparison, please watch/listen to this http://youtube.com/watch?v=advxtHtTkoQ[/B]

Apathy
06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm kind of upset, the songs aren't impressing me all that much. This might be the first offspring album I don't buy.

I like Trust In You, You're gonna go far, and Let's hear it for Rock Bottom.

As of now, tracks 1, 7, and 9 just make me wonder what on earth they were thinking.

I'm not big on 5 and 12 either because 5 reminds me of nickelback/daughty esque stuff and 12 sounds too much like a million green day/offspring/vandals/so on and so forth songs.

But keep in mind these are just samples. And past that, it's just my opinion and my taste has been changing since the last album was released. I do like the three tracks I mentioned a lot though.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm kind of upset, the songs aren't impressing me all that much. This might be the first offspring album I don't buy.

I like Trust In You, You're gonna go far, and Let's here it for Rock Bottom.

As of now, tracks 1, 7, and 9 just make me wonder what on earth they were thinking.

I'm not big on 5 and 12 either because 5 reminds me of nickelback/daughty esque stuff and 12 sounds too much like a million green day/offspring/vandals/so on and so forth songs.

But keep in mind these are just samples. And past that, it's just my opinion and my taste has been changing since the last album was released. I do like the three tracks I mentioned a lot though.
track number 9 is maybe their best happy song ever :D

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok, again i'm not listening to the previews, but anyone making the Rise and Fall- Green Day comparison, please watch/listen to this http://youtube.com/watch?v=advxtHtTkoQ[/B]

the three songs, that two and Rise and Fall, are almost the same lol.

Ryder1234
06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
are these the entire songs!? cant listen on PSP

bouncingcoles
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
this album sounds like the best since ixnay or smash. i like every song! takes me no where sounds kinda like bad religion. it sounds very offspring but offspring in 2008. way better then splinter in every way!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
are these the entire songs!? cant listen on PSP

No just 30 second clips.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM

I like Trust In You, You're gonna go far, and Let's hear it for Rock Bottom.

But keep in mind these are just samples. And past that, it's just my opinion and my taste has been changing since the last album was released. I do like the three tracks I mentioned a lot though.I understand you, theyīre not so HARD as we imagined. I think SPLINTER was a harder album than this new one, but itīs an album that, at least to me, transmit more life and joy when listening to it :D

Unnatural Disaster
I've been waiting for this forever!!!

wrc307
1. Half-Truism --is good song, but i think that is too much effect
2. Trust In You --this the best one
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid -- its really good but i think that is better on live version
4. Hammerhead -- one of the best
5. A Lot Like Me --in my opinion this song would perfectly a theme for a tv serial
6. Takes Me Nowhere -- i like it!
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? -- honestly i dont like the "soft" songs
8. Nothingtown -- it sounds like millencolin, its good
9. Stuff Is Messed Up -- not bad
10. Fix You -- i dont like it, :mad:
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom -- its my idea or its sound like police?? xD
12. Rise And Fall -- mm i like it

in my opinion the best songs are H-T, TiY, yggfk, Hammerhead, nothingtown
but i think that the order of the songs its not the best, i would finnish with TiY

Autonomist
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!! Can't...must...resist...12 days...

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:27 PM
1. Half-Truism --is good song, but i think that is too much effect
2. Trust In You --this the best one
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid -- its really good but i think that is better on live version
4. Hammerhead -- one of the best
5. A Lot Like Me --in my opinion this song would perfectly a theme for a tv serial
6. Takes Me Nowhere -- i like it!
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? -- honestly i dont like the "soft" songs
8. Nothingtown -- it sounds like millencolin, its good
9. Stuff Is Messed Up -- not bad
10. Fix You -- i dont like it, :mad:
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom -- its my idea or its sound like police?? xD
12. Rise And Fall -- mm i like it

in my opinion the best songs are H-T, TiY, yggfk, Hammerhead, nothingtown
but i think that the order of the songs its not the best, i would finnish with TiY

2- i think itīs better studio ;)
7- believe me , that songs grows on you
11- yeahhhh

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:28 PM
this album sounds like the best since ixnay or smash. i like every song! takes me no where sounds kinda like bad religion. it sounds very offspring but offspring in 2008. way better then splinter in every way!

takes me nowhere seems like a bad religion from "NEW AMERICA" right?

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!! Can't...must...resist...12 days...

whatīs the problem in listening to it? lol

Llamas
06-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I caved and listened. Holy shit. I think this is actually going to be their best album to date. I think Fix You sounds very bland in the preview, but previews always seem to be random song bits... never anything particularly good. It doesn't sound like a particularly active section of the song was used there, so it could end up being awesome.

The only preview I actually disliked was for "Stuff is Messed Up". It sounded like a bad attempt at older material. But again, it's just a preview, and it could sound awesome as a whole song.

By the way, I don't know if this has been pointed out, but if you add up the track times on amazon, this album is going to be about 45 minutes long- their longest ever if you don't count empty space!! AWESOME!

effreyj
06-02-2008, 09:33 PM
its 43 minutes 43 seconds...not bad considering splinter is 28:19 minutes long when you take out neacon and when you're in prison

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I caved and listened. Holy shit. I think this is actually going to be their best album to date. I think Fix You sounds very bland in the preview, but previews always seem to be random song bits... never anything particularly good. It doesn't sound like a particularly active section of the song was used there, so it could end up being awesome.

The only preview I actually disliked was for "Stuff is Messed Up". It sounded like a bad attempt at older material. But again, it's just a preview, and it could sound awesome as a whole song.

By the way, I don't know if this has been pointed out, but if you add up the track times on amazon, this album is going to be about 45 minutes long- their longest ever if you don't count empty space!! AWESOME!

i think iīm the one that understands the new ixnay feeling on this lovely song: STUFF IS MESSED UP :D such a sexy voice MR. HOLLAND ;):cool:

EDIT: Sorry guys, for sure, S.I.M.U is the best suprise in this album

bouncingcoles
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
fix you sounds a lil cheesy and so does kristy are you doing ok. but they still sound good. rise and fall sounds a lil bit like green day, at least the guitar does. its a similar style. i was hoping it would be darker. i was slighty disappointed. but otherwise OFFSPRING IS REBORN!

mrXniick
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
this should mean a leak is right around the corner.... right?

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:37 PM
this should mean a leak is right around the corner.... right?
not yet, www.diditleak.com

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
fix you sounds a lil cheesy and so does kristy are you doing ok. but they still sound good. rise and fall sounds a lil bit like green day, at least the guitar does. its a similar style. i was hoping it would be darker. i was slighty disappointed. but otherwise OFFSPRING IS REBORN!

yeah, itīs not that powerhorse train that Dexter Talked about, but i have to be honest, i think i like more this IXNAY 2, than a SMASH2.

jacknife737
06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
the three songs, that two and Rise and Fall, are almost the same lol.

They do sound similar, i just posted it, so that people didn't start screaming "OMG THEY COPIED GREENDAY!!!!!"

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:41 PM
They do sound similar, i just posted it, so that people didn't start screaming "OMG THEY COPIED GREENDAY!!!!!"

You did well, actually it seems that Dexter "stole" lol, but green day had stolen too, so i think itīs ok.

[OFF-TOPIC] this new album and WEEZER - TROUBLEMAKER are the best thing done this year in music, at least, until now.

megadeth
06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
oh man this sounds really commercial

i hope the full versions prove me wrong

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
1. Half-Truism -- Newoffspringawesome
2. Trust In You -- Smashawesome
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid -- AWESOMESTTHINGEVA
4. Hammerhead -- bestthingsinceTKKAwesome!
5. A Lot Like Me -- slowawesome
6. Takes Me Nowhere -- badreligionawesome
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? -- GIVESMETHECHILLSITSSOGREATAWESOME
8. Nothingtown -- Itgrowsonmeawesome
9. Stuff Is Messed Up -- BADHABITMEETSAMERICANAAWESOME!
10. Fix You -- IFEELBUTTERFLIESINMYSTOMACHAWESOME!!!!
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom -- Skawesome
12. Rise And Fall -- KindasoundslikeAmericanIdiot,butmuchbetterAWESOME!

My veredict - AWESOME! From the previews this could be their best since IXNAY!

bouncingcoles
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
takes me nowhere seems like a bad religion from "NEW AMERICA" right?

ya i agree

bouncingcoles
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
oh man this sounds really commercial

i hope the full versions prove me wrong

bob rock is known for the commercial sound. but i still dont mind.

Unnatural Disaster
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
The Offspring sounds really weird with piano.... I need to hear the full songs.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:49 PM
As i canīt stop listening(5 am here...) i have to say that iīm starting to dig in in Kristy and A lot like me. Songs left to be Superliked : FIx YOU and NothingTown, and the last two.

h2ocean
06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
This album is really top heavy, with the first 4 songs being awesome (more so Trust in you, Kid, and Hammerhead). I can't believe how good those latter 3 songs are. They live up to anything they've done. A lot like me can grow on me more for sure after hearing the whole thing, Takes me nowhere is good, nothingtown is good too, Stuff is messed up sounds like it will be great. The last 2 songs are decent; have kind of a "Nimrod" sounds to them. Clearly I have left out Kristy and Fix You, not my thing but to each their own. I'm one of those people who would love another Ignition, Smash or Ixnay haha, so more stuff along the same lines as Trust in you would have been just fine with me, but obviously that won't happen. Should be solid. If the rest of the album continued the way the first 4 songs did, I would say it is better than Americana, CO1, or Splinter, but after hearing the songs after that I would say it's better than Splinter. I have heard some others saying it is better than CO1. I am not sure about that, but I am maybe a bigger fan of CO1 than normal. Obviously this is entirely based on just hearing 30 second samples. To be fair though I think they are pretty representative. But obviously hearing the entire song can make a difference. Definitely stoked to hear the whole thing. It sounds solid.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
bob rock is known for the commercial sound. but i still dont mind.

me neither, itīs not the harder album that dexter made us expect, itīs more alternative and less metal/punk . I thought that only one song would have piano, but it feels like 2 or 3 songs have it.

Unnatural Disaster
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
A Lot Like Me sounds very emotional.... I like it.

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 09:52 PM
a lot like me sounds like amazed...i donīt know...it gives me the same kind of chills...AWESOME

bouncingcoles
06-02-2008, 09:53 PM
wow you can preview all the tracks on amazon.com

I'm too lazy to show you the link, just go google it yourself

I have a feeling this has been brought up already, so forgive me if it has

THANK YOU!

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Stuffīs messed up definetly sounds like americana + bad habit

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
This album is really top heavy, with the first 4 songs being awesome (more so Trust in you, Kid, and Hammerhead). I can't believe how good those latter 3 songs are. They live up to anything they've done. A lot like me can grow on me more for sure after hearing the whole thing, Takes me nowhere is good, nothingtown is good too, Stuff is messed up sounds like it will be great. The last 2 songs are decent; have kind of a "Nimrod" sounds to them. Clearly I have left out Kristy and Fix You, not my thing but to each their own. I'm one of those people who would love another Ignition, Smash or Ixnay haha, so more stuff along the same lines as Trust in you would have been just fine with me, but obviously that won't happen. Should be solid. If the rest of the album continued the way the first 4 songs did, I would say it is better than Americana, CO1, or Splinter, but after hearing the songs after that I would say it's better than Splinter. I have heard some others saying it is better than CO1. I am not sure about that, but I am maybe a bigger fan of CO1 than normal. Obviously this is entirely based on just hearing 30 second samples. To be fair though I think they are pretty representative. But obviously hearing the entire song can make a difference. Definitely stoked to hear the whole thing. It sounds solid.
this album lacks a "come out and play"/"self esteem" or a Pretty fly song, like the 2 more commercialy successful albuns. Itīs like IXNAY: a bunch of nice songs, maybe none of them will achieve world hit status, but for sure they will be fan hits.

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 09:55 PM
this album lacks a "come out and play"/"self esteem" or a Pretty fly song, like the 2 more commercialy successful albuns. Itīs like IXNAY: a bunch of nice songs, maybe none of them will achieve world hit status, but for sure they will be fan hits.

I agree with you...though I see Fix You and A Lot Like Me as potential hits

And Hammerhead is already a kind of hit anyway.

DeAtHsTaR
The previews don't work for me.

RonWelty
a lot like me sounds like amazed...i donīt know...it gives me the same kind of chills...AWESOME

itīs a pop-rock "Race against myself" ;)

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
The previews don't work for me.

Iīll tell you...
SHIT IS FUCKED UP!

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
itīs a pop-rock "Race against myself" ;)

yeah... race against myself has the same feel as Amazed anyway...it makes sense.

Eu sempre concordo com vc, hehehehheehhe!

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree with you...though I see Fix You and A Lot Like Me as potential hits

And Hammerhead is already a kind of hit anyway.

yes but

1) to be a world hit, and weīre approaching the summer, it has to be a HAPPY songs, like PORK AND BENS of WEEZER (example).

2) HammerHead does well in California and maybe in USA, but in Europa no:(

3) Lot like me deserves a shot in Europe or Kristy, but not WORLD HIT material.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 09:58 PM
yeah... race against myself has the same feel as Amazed anyway...it makes sense.

Eu sempre concordo com vc, hehehehheehhe!

Obrigado, acho que percebo muito de Offspring :p:o

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
yes but

1) to be a world hit, and weīre approaching the summer, it has to be a HAPPY songs, like PORK AND BENS of WEEZER (example).

2) HammerHead does well in California and maybe in USA, but in Europa no:(

3) Lot like me deserves a shot in Europe or Kristy, but not WORLD HIT material.

Yeah... Youīre gonna go far, kid would be an AWESOME summer hit... if they could replace fucker with sucker than all would be right in the world!

RonWelty
i donīt know why, but "stuff is messed up"īs dexter voice, remember me that "jackass line" of Dexter cameo @ Pauly sHORE is dead...iīm so fuckin crazy

Unnatural Disaster
Iīll tell you...
SHIT IS FUCKED UP!

LA LA LA LA LAaaaaaaaa!!!!

leo3375
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Man, I shouldn't have listened to those previews! Because I want RAFRAG to leak, like, NOW!!!

RonWelty
Yeah... Youīre gonna go far, kid would be an AWESOME summer hit... if they could replace fucker with sucker than all would be right in the world!

that F word is really not the problem. the song lacks a faster rythm...is a slow song. Iīm not a great fan, i admit it.

TeddyBear_Army
shit, fix you fucking rules...it grows on you like crabs man!

I dunno... this may be the best album ever...

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Man, I shouldn't have listened to those previews! Because I want RAFRAG to leak, like, NOW!!!

i want to buy it :D but leak it would be nice too.

Ninty Man
Sounds pretty good... I think that the band finally decided to make a step forward... THANX TO GOD I DON'T HEAR A WORST HANGOVER

TeddyBear_Army
that F word is really not the problem. the song lacks a faster rythm...is a slow song. Iīm not a great fan, i admit it.

Oh...I love the song...I think that YGGFK, Fix You, A Lot Like Me and Shitīs Fucked Up are the best songs so far...

leo3375
06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
i want to buy it :D but leak it would be nice too.

Oh, I plan on buying it when it drops. I'm ethical like that. I just want those songs on my hard drive ASAP!

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh...I love the song...I think that YGGFK, Fix You, A Lot Like Me and Shitīs Fucked Up are the best songs so far...

itīs "stuff is messed up". My favourites, as i pointed out: HammerHead, SIFU, Takes me nowhere and Trust in You/Half-truism. A lot like me and kristy are growing.

Moose
06-02-2008, 10:06 PM
after track 5 it sounds kind of weak...6 is okay, kind of reminds me of an attempt at a pennywise song though...

it never really recovers after track 5...but then again...these are only like 30 second clippings...

...so i guess none of us can say, but just taking a guess on these previews...a little dissappointed after track 5...

...trust in you sounds like it can be the best song on the album.

...but im disappointed in the previews...maybe itll be better once i actually hear the songs in full.

prediction: after track 5, the album is a letdown...but who knows, it was only 30 second previews...im still getting the album anyways.

RonWelty
Oh, I plan on buying it when it drops. I'm ethical like that. I just want those songs on my hard drive ASAP!

yes, i know you will buy it, sorry if i was missunderstood

TeddyBear_Army
itīs "stuff is messed up". My favourites, as i pointed out: HammerHead, SIFU, Takes me nowhere and Trust in You/Half-truism. A lot like me and kristy are growing.

No, Shit Is Fucked Up is a waaay better song title than Stuff Is Messed Up!!
Concorda?? ;)

Aaaanywho, itīs 1:10 a.m. here and I need to wake up at 5:20 a.m.
So this is goodbye then...but fuck, Iīm excited!

Unnatural Disaster
06-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I like every song I've heard except for KAYDO?, Fix You, and Rise and Fall... but they are still growing on me, plus it's only 30 seconds....

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:08 PM
No, Shit Is Fucked Up is a waaay better song title than Stuff Is Messed Up!!
Concorda?? ;)

Aaaanywho, itīs 1:10 a.m. here and I need to wake up at 5:20 a.m.
So this is goodbye then...but fuck, Iīm excited!

concordar, concordO, but itīs dexter who decides ;)

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:09 PM
"A lot like me" deserves a great videoclip, with the band playing outside, pretty damn raining ;)

Italia311
06-02-2008, 10:10 PM
shit, fix you fucking rules...it grows on you like crabs man!

I dunno... this may be the best album ever...

Im gonna call it in the air right now...fix you = world hit...

Cock Joke
06-02-2008, 10:11 PM
These samples are frikkin amazing! Far beyond what they've done before!

Also, I'm incredibly surprised that we get to hear these. Good God! I could listen to some of these non-stop.

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Im gonna call it in the air right now...fix you = world hit...

damn right brotha!

Unnatural Disaster
06-02-2008, 10:12 PM
If you listen close, you can hear the drums start picking up at the end of the Fix You clip. Maybe it gets faster.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I do not think that "fix you" will be used as single, like AMAZED or Denial revisited. If kristy is the second single, it has to be KID or HAlf-truism the third.

Camilamazed
06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
DAMN!

Why do they do that? I'll have the album in 2 weeks. I MUST hold my horses.

I'm not going to listen. Nooooooooooooo

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
DAMN!

DOOO EEET!

mrXniick
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
some people will say that the offspring are irrelevant now because they expirement with genre's other than punk..... but to me these songs just show they have grown.

Smash and ignition were amazing... and still are so why do we need another? I would much rather have a new sound, so we can have a wider spectrum of offspring music to enjoy. I am so fucking excited for the album!

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
DOOO EEET!

Donīt be afraid. Itīs good :D

Unnatural Disaster
06-02-2008, 10:16 PM
I wish they had put Half-Truism or KAYDO? as the last song, I like to end albums with something slower and meaningful.

RonWelty
some people will say that the offspring are irrelevant now because they expirement with genre's other than punk..... but to me these songs just show they have grown.

Smash and ignition were amazing... and still are so why do we need another? I would much rather have a new sound, so we can have a wider spectrum of offspring music to enjoy.

LALALALAL LALALALLA LALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Iīm telling you, Shit is fucked up :D:D:D

leo3375
DAMN!

Everyone's doing it. You cannot resist.

selfDemanDeD
Well, actually, the second half of the album sounds more pop-punk :) and it makes the thing only more interesting, because it's The Offspring playing in youngish style - and it's fun)

hshduppsnt
06-02-2008, 10:18 PM
You have no idea how tempted I am, i even clicked on a link that someone else posted in another thread and after about 5 minutes of starring at the page, i think my will power is strong enough to last 15 days until the 17th. However, i'll let myself download the OC Life cover as soon as it becomes available, since i'm not buying the Japanese edition anyways (well, i might).

Oh I know what you mean dude, I saw this topic, clicked, saw the amazon link and just slammed shut my laptop lid...

I think i've been off long enough that I can now come back here safely...

two weeks...

Camilamazed
06-02-2008, 10:18 PM
You guys shush:mad:

Moose
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Well, actually, the second half of the album sounds more pop-punk :) and it makes the thing only more interesting, because it's The Offspring playing in youngish style - and it's fun)

i was thinking it sucks...but if you wanna go with fun...

06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
You guys shush:mad:

Stop being a hoe and trying to have self control. I've seen you're negative posts about leaks, etc... Just give in, go give em a listen. We all know you have no self control for shit, especially Offspring. :P

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
i was thinking it sucks...but if you wanna go with fun...

Offspring has two times : Punk-Rock/Punk-Metal and the Rock/Pop-Punk/Alternative. You have to face it. At least this album has a mix of them, and itīs not just another pop album.

Moose
06-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Offspring has two times : Punk-Rock/Punk-Metal and the Rock/Pop-Punk/Alternative. You have to face it. At least this album has a mix of them, and itīs not just another pop album.

okay, then i guess you face that it sucks?...what is your point?...the first 5 tracks are strong, the 6th track isnt bad...stuff is messed up is coy, but can be cool...the other tracks can be really really bad...i hope they arent, i guess once we hear all the song, we will find out for sure...but 7 good song, 5 bad songs...kind of seems what they have done since americana as far as quality goes...ixnay was their last great album.

...wait and see for the whole album though...i guess.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:27 PM
okay, then i guess you face that it sucks?...what is your point?...the first 5 tracks are strong, the 6th track isnt bad...stuff is messed up is coy, but can be cool...the other tracks can be really really bad...i hope they arent, i guess once we hear all the song, we will find out for sure...but 7 good song, 5 bad songs...kind of seems what they have done since americana as far as quality goes...ixnay was their last great album.

...wait and see for the whole album though...i guess.
My point is: THE OFFSPRING have two different kinds of public: Punk-Rockers and people with 15 16 17 that like pop-rock or punk-pop songs. They have to try to make both of this two groups happy, because they canīt afford lose more fanbase like in 1996 and again in 2001. Got it now?

Unnatural Disaster
06-02-2008, 10:27 PM
SIMU is a song I would love to blast as loud as possible while I'm driving!!

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
SIMU is a song I would love to blast as loud as possible while I'm driving!!
i want to make love with the song, and i know this is stupid sentence.

GREAT SEXY DEXTER VOICE but GREAT BACK VOCALS too.

sebastienfan
06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
There's not many songs with their traditional fast beat drum. Its nothing like they did before, I like it a lot but its weird at the same time, its so different.They went from Punk/Rock to Alternatif/Rock. this is only 30 sec of not 100% quality but it gives a good preview.

My favorite songs so fare are:
Half Truism
Your'e Gonna Go Far Kid
Hammerhead
A lot like me.
Takes Me Nowhere

NothingTown and Rise and fall sound like Green Day songs.

I was able to hear Trust In You before some of you guys and I was one of the first to say its sound like Smash, you can all understand now.

Cock Joke
06-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I have come to the conclusion that Bob Rock is the best producer they have ever had! These songs are just so powerful and strong as far as quality and production go!

You can also tell that this doesn't mark the end of their career at all, rather, the beginning of way more, newer things to come.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I have come to the conclusion that Bob Rock is the best producer they have ever had! These songs are just so powerful and strong as far as quality and production go!

You can also tell that this doesn't mark the end of their career at all, rather, the beginning of way more, newer things to come.

And there is also O.C. Life ;). Now to be perfect, 3 gifts to the guys(and girls ;) ) who will buy the record :

- Pass by me
- Dirty Magic Re-recorded
- CGMHAY demo, i think itīs called "Roof is falling"

Cock Joke, i still like Dave Jerden more, but yes, Bob Rock kicks a lot O'brienīs stupid ass.
Reviews will start to show up next week ;)

T-6005
06-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Alright, so to be honest I'm not expecting to like everything but I am now looking forward to this.

*tingly impressions*

I fully expect Half-Truism to make it to my playlist and stay there. I am really looking forward to that song now.

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid I might listen to a few times, but I doubt I'll really enjoy it unless the chorus is something really special.

I don't really like the guitar line at the beginning of Trust in You, but again I think the chorus will be catchy enough to grab my interest.

A Lot like Me - hrm, I don't know. I don't know, honestly. The verse sounds pretty awesome and has a great little background mood, but I don't think it'll follow through for some reason. The yelling bit doesn't really fit what I was expecting.

Kirsty are you doing okay - Alright, I am now gay because I am looking forward to this. It seems kind of - I don't know. I like it.

Nothingtown - even the title sounds like a Green Day song, so why shouldn't the song?

Fix You - I can't make any sort of prediction as to whether I'd like it or not. The sample is ridiculously unfulfilling.

The other two I could go either way on, I guess.

I guess I kind of negatively reviewed those samples, which I guess makes a lot of sense because I don't really listen to them any more, but I think it gives a false impression of what I think overall.

I am looking forward to this album's release, but like many bands I expect to like a few songs and feel pretty much unaffected by the rest, and that's much more than I expected at all from the Offspring this time around. I quite enjoy Hammerhead and I honestly feel like Half-Truism is going to be one of those rare songs I stick on repeat for days. A lot like me could still turn out great and Amazon's sample of Fix You is laughably inconclusive. The Kristy song could also be good, especially since I already like what I heard.

So yeah, I will be picking it up after all, despite what I originally expected.

Moose
06-02-2008, 10:36 PM
My point is: THE OFFSPRING have two different kinds of public: Punk-Rockers and people with 15 16 17 that like pop-rock or punk-pop songs. They have to try to make both of this two groups happy, because they canīt afford lose more fanbase like in 1996 and again in 2001. Got it now?

well they should try to make great music again, not to try and please a fanbase that needs catchy poppy music. If they feel the poppy stuff is good, that's fine...but if you are saying they are trying to please everyone, that is ridiculous, they should only try to please themselves.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-02-2008, 10:36 PM
I can't even belive what a rip of rise and fall is american idiot! They are like the same dam song! It's a good album, but i think they took it in the wrong direction. But greenday could fucking sue offspring for the song, it's that much of a rip off.

sebastienfan
06-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Its weird, its been what? five years now since I was sitting in front of my computer and listening to Splinter's preview on Amazon. I was trying to figure out wich song I liked the most. Just like now, we were able to hear 3 songs before the release, I think it was Da Hui in mp3 Hit That at the radio and CGMHAY live. it took me like 3 month before I pull out Splinter from my cd player.

At least now RAFRAG is 12 real songs, no intro, no jokes,no song under 2:57. its gonna be like twice as long as Splinter.

spidey255
06-02-2008, 10:38 PM
dexter's voice sounds really weird. has a lot of chorus/vocal tuner on it it sounds like. Half-Truism and You're Gonna Go Far Kid are a lot slower than they play live. Takes Me No Where is definitely bad religion-esque. Before people say Nothingtown sounds like Green Day, remember that Green Day did not invent the shuffle rhythm.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:39 PM
well they should try to make great music again, not to try and please a fanbase that needs catchy poppy music. If they feel the poppy stuff is good, that's fine...but if you are saying they are trying to please everyone, that is ridiculous, they should only try to please themselves.

Thatīs not the real life, dude. They have a "niche" in the market, and they have to please they, if not, another new band will please them.

"Thatīs the way thing goes"

Think: why do you think they play their "greatest Hits" in every gig? because they have to. if not, the young teens in the front rows will "cry"... Itīs life.

wazzup22
06-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm going to get flamed for this, but I can't help notice the Green Day similarities (as Soxic did) in a couple of songs:(. Don't get me wrong, I love the songs, but:

- Rise and Fall sounds very much like Emenius Sleepus
- Fix you has a similar rhythm to Wake Me Up...
- Kristy, Are You Doing Okay has a similar use of the xylophone in the verse as Wake Me Up.

Luckily it's only small things, also It's probably because I'm a Green Day fan too, that I notice these. But hey, Offspring and Green Day combo is like a dream-come-true for me :)

My favourite songs so far are: Rise and Fall, Stuff is messed up, Takes me Nowhere and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

Moose
06-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Thatīs not the real life, dude. They have a "niche" in the market, and they have to please they, if not, another new band will please them.

"Thatīs the way thing goes"

recommendation: when you try to argue...dont quote songs in that way.

second: they are 45 years old with one contract left on columbia...if they are really still concerned about that, then they never grew up...they should focus on making what they love...not what little teenyboppers will love...good songs sell...not just poppy shit.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-02-2008, 10:45 PM
It sounds like it's gonna be a great album. But fans are going to react to it the way bad religion fans did with no substance.

vlado
post some fucken link to hear all what you're sayin' people! :eek:

Camilamazed
Stop being a hoe and trying to have self control. I've seen you're negative posts about leaks, etc... Just give in, go give em a listen. We all know you have no self control for shit, especially Offspring. :P

Oh yeah, how well you know me..

shut it, ok?

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:46 PM
recommendation: when you try to argue...dont quote songs in that way.

second: they are 45 years old with one contract left on columbia...if they are really still concerned about that, then they never grew up...they should focus on making what they love...not what little teenyboppers will love...good songs sell...not just poppy shit.

What the problem with "dont quote songs in that way." PS: itīs "go" and not "goes".

Chill out dude, weīre just talking. We all love the offspring, i love ignition and Smash too, but i have a more realistic vision, i think.

jacknife737
06-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I can't even belive what a rip of rise and fall is american idiot! They are like the same dam song!

/sigh

http://youtube.com/watch?v=advxtHtTkoQ

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
It sounds like it's gonna be a great album. But fans are going to react to it the way bad religion fans did with no substance.

Interesting, because i just like 1 or 2 songs of that album. But Bad Religion isn' t my fave band, so i'm not an expert.

Moose
What the problem with "dont quote songs in that way." PS: itīs "go" and not "goes".

Chill out dude, weīre just talking. We all love the offspring, i love ignition and Smash too, but i have a more realistic vision, i think.

i was messing with you in the quote...its from a movie, anyhow not important...

i just find it a little odd that we should accept that they have to make certain music, rather than the music they want...thats all im saying. maybe this is the music they want to make...but u r implying otherwise...just odd. thats all.

Unnatural Disaster
KAYDO sounds a lot like Good Riddance
Rise and Fall is like American Idiot
Nothingtown is like Dearly Beloved from Jesus of Suburbia

RonWelty
i was messing with you in the quote...its from a movie, anyhow not important...

i just find it a little odd that we should accept that they have to make certain music, rather than the music they want...thats all im saying. maybe this is the music they want to make...but u r implying otherwise...just odd. thats all.

"thatīs the way thing go" is from HIT THAT....

wazzup22
06-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Unless I added wrong, the album is exactly 43:43 min long :p

All pure music

spidey255
06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
post some fucken link to hear all what you're sayin' people! :eek:

yo...it's the second post in the thread...

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:51 PM
KAYDO sounds a lot like Good Riddance
Rise and Fall is like American Idiot
Nothingtown is like Dearly Beloved from Jesus of Suburbia

i will play that game :

Takes me Nowhere seems a little like "There will be a way" from Bad Religion

offspringing
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
omfg i cant fucking wait takes me nowhere sounds to me like an afi songs

ilsagJKHASKJAGVD im sooo excited for this album

Conspiracyof1000
06-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Arg, I'm about to cave and listen...
All your descriptions are so amazing, and I never was good at self-discipline anyway.

Moose
06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
"thatīs the way thing go" is from HIT THAT....

no...the reason i was messing with you about the lyric...nevermind.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:55 PM
no...the reason i was messing with you about the lyric...nevermind.

ok. i understood now . ;)

sebastienfan
06-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I dont like this band because of ignition and smash, I like this band for what they are, what the creat,their music, lyrics, personality. I will always follow them whatever they come up with, they will always be the offspring and Noodles said it in one of the last interview "Its like 12 hits" and " its a offspring record, the fans will know that as soon as they hear the songs"

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Doesnīt "TIY" has in the very start of the sample, a strange synth sound?

yelloweyeyes
06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm really liking Trust in You.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 10:57 PM
OMG! Itīs 6 AM and iīm still here....can+t stop listening :eek::eek:

sebastienfan
06-02-2008, 10:59 PM
And I can't wait to read the official lyrics.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
OH MY GOD! I just thought of something hallarious. Ok remember on the mtv cover in the park video, and they were covering that one song and dexter and noodles were like "what a buch of crap that song is, but we took the time to learn it, so we'll play it? Well kristy, are you doing ok song sounds just like that song that dexter or noodles (can't remember who said it) said is a load of crap.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 11:01 PM
OH MY GOD! I just thought of something hallarious. Ok remember on the mtv cover in the park video, and they were covering that one song and dexter and noodles were like "what a buch of crap that song is, but we took the time to learn it, so we'll play it? Well kristy, are you doing ok song sounds just like that song that dexter or noodles (can't remember who said it) said is a load of crap.

dexter holland

Unnatural Disaster
06-02-2008, 11:04 PM
That song was "When You Say Nothing At All" and it doesn't sound anything like KAYDO.

Conspiracyof1000
06-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Holy fucknut Cheetos!
I just caved.
Fucking amazing. This album is gonna rock.

RonWelty
That song was "When You Say Nothing At All" and it doesn't sound anything like KAYDO.
i agree...

keonii7
Meh. I think we've heard all of the best songs already before these previews.

The Offspring got wayyyy too soft.

Camilamazed
Holy fucknut Cheetos!
I just caved.
Fucking amazing. This album is gonna rock.

can't believe it.:rolleyes:

spidey255
06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
it actually reminds me a lot of millencolin

adombomb222
06-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Now i maybe cross the " band personal details" line, but i think the slower and more sad songs are about his daughter, iīm guessing, but as she left to live in Los Angeles to pursue a music career ( She charts TOP 10 in ITUNES FOLK LIST , with a great debut album), he maybe miss her or something. I repeat this is just a guess

Whats the album title?

HeadAroundU
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
No fucking way I'm listening to retarded samples. The album is so close. :)

Conspiracyof1000
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
can't believe it.:rolleyes:

I said I had no self-discipline. I couldn't help myself. :)

HeadAroundU
06-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Stop calling it kaydo, it's so Japanese. Call it Kristy!

And You are gonna go far, kid ought to be called just Kid!

adombomb222
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
i will not say more than i did, i donīt want to be banned of this forum and i donīt want that Dexter be sad/mad of me, as we all know that they know what we talk here.

However the fact of the matter is; is that it isnt personal since its her own band.

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
@RonWelty:

I don't want personal info! That's creepy!

I just don't see anything on iTunes, and I'm looking at it right now. That was my point. Just forget it.

if the "Moderatrix" let me tell her stage name, you will see how simple is to know who she is.

leo3375
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I may not be a mod, but I would like to chime in here:

Music that is or isn't being made by Dexter's daughter should be discussed in the Other Bands forum. This thread is getting off-topic and needs to be reeled in.

Now, to get this back on-topic: Amazon seriously needed to make the preview much, much longer. Maybe a live stream of all the songs in their entirety.

-Diesel-
06-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Half-Truism ~ Lovely. When I first heard the live recording, I knew was I in love. When I first heard that low quality stuido recording, my love was reassured. Now, with this high quality clip, I believe it's time for full blown marriage. Amazing song, my favorite off the album.

Trust In You ~ Good song. Didn't hit me as hard as HT, but it's definitely growing on me.

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid ~ Awesome. I loved that decent quality live recording, and I actually believe it sounds better in studio quality. I'm a big fan of the chorus going into that really simple, yet effective, beat.

Hammerhead ~ Not more needs to be said that we don't already know. Great song.

A Lot Like Me ~ I really like this song. Just a really solid song.

Takes Me Nowhere ~ Woah, didn't expect something like this. Very, very pleasant surprise.

Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? ~ Different sound by them, definitely. But I like it. I'm a fan of some slower rock like that.

Nothingtown ~ Loved this song right when it started. Dunno, it's just awesome to me. Really clicks.

Stuff Is Messed Up ~ I almost get a 'Bad Habit' feel from this song. Probably because of the sudden pausing, then swearing. But nonetheless, good song.

Fix You ~ REALLY like this song, actually. Like for KAYDO, I'll be listening to this song before bed. I'm also thinking this could definitely be a radio smash. Maybe like the 'Through Glass' of The Offspring.

Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom ~ Good song. Nothing mind boggling original, but it's still new material from them; automatic thumbs up. :D

Rise & Fall ~ It does sort of have that American Idiot feel to it, but who the fuck cares. It's still different enough to be able to CLEARLY tell they didn't carbon copy it.

Overall; This was the first time I've been lucky enough to anticipate a new Offspring album, and I have to admit; more than worth it. I can't WAIT to hear the full album.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Dexter Can Fucking Sing Again

jacknife737
06-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I've actually just deleted Hammerhead and the live version of "Kid" and Half Truism from my mp3 player, i'm going to try and block out all "new" Offspring stuff for the nest 14 days or so.

Stop calling it kaydo, it's so Japanese. Call it Kristy!

And You are gonna go far, kid ought to be called just Kid!

Ha! I actually think the actual song title should just be "Kristy".

sebastienfan
06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I may not be a mod, but I would like to chime in here:

Music that is or isn't being made by Dexter's daughter should be discussed in the Other Bands forum. This thread is getting off-topic and needs to be reeled in.

Now, to get this back on-topic: Amazon seriously needed to make the preview much, much longer. Maybe a live stream of all the songs in their entirety.

I agree, lets get back to the main subject.

I dont agree, a 30 sec is enough. you have to buy the album if you wanna hear the full songs.

Tijs
06-02-2008, 11:46 PM
RonWelty, if Dexter's daughter makes music and puts out an album as an actual artist, then of course it's ok to talk about that and give others a link to it. She's just another artist then, isn't she?

RonWelty
06-02-2008, 11:48 PM
RonWelty, if Dexter's daughter makes music and puts out an album as an actual artist, then of course it's ok to talk about that and give others a link to it. She's just another artist then, isn't she?

Youīre a moderator, so itīs ok.

Her stage name: lex land. She has a great record now @itunes, very good. I recommend EASY and the second song.

Dirty Magic
06-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't know why I thought of this but, if Want You Bad was a ballad, it would be Fix You. Not sure why or how I came up with that but that's what I was thinking. Anyways, the previews sound awesome, every song sounds great, I really like the slower songs too. My favorite though is definitely Trust in You. Has that old school feel to it. 2nd would be either Stuff is Messed Up or YGGFK

Budzy
06-03-2008, 12:59 AM
TO BE HONEST i dont like fix you at all.
maybe it'll grow on me when i get the album like all their songs have. i like all offsrpings songs, i cant let one song take that away!
but really
first thought when fix played
was
im sorry
really sorry
but it sounded like
"walking in a straight line" by silver chair....

im ashamed to even compare offspring to them.

EVERY THING ELSE WAS AWESOME. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danitanev
06-03-2008, 01:02 AM
I like all the songs (I love them actually it's The Offspring), but I should say that they sound different than evey other The Offspring song I ever heard! Even from Splinter or one of the latest songs like Can't Repeat or Next To You I don't know it's just 30 seconds that we can hear from every new song so I can't say it for sure but really sounds different! Well, but I have to say that Hammerhead is the only full studio version of the new album I have and it feels like it sounds just like The Offspring, so I guess I should listen to the full album first and than go and check my ears!

skoko
06-03-2008, 01:03 AM
i like the album. i think itīs gonna be a summer-fun-happy-album (kid, half truism, takes me nowhere, nothingtown, stuff is messed up). you know what i mean? i can imagine to here it in my car when iīm on my way to the beach :D

i also like the softer songs, kristy, fix you and a lot like me. but i think one of them should be replased for an typical punk song (somethink like da hui - o.k., trust in you goes in this direction) to make this album more variable.

i think it will be a succesful album!!! not as "good" as americana, but it comes close to it.

is it just me, dexters voice sounds different to there other albums. i donīt know how to discripe it, i think itīs higher and a little bit softer. donīt get me wrong, i like it.

btw: thx for posting this

keonii7
06-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm starting to like "A Lot Like Me". I still don't like "Fix You" or Rise And Fall.

I bet Rise and Fall has more to it than we've heard though.

disclaimer_07
06-03-2008, 01:14 AM
It's hard to say having heard only the previews... I'll wait till the whole thing comes out, You're Gonna Go Far Kid sounds really good.

The Search Button
06-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Half-Truism- Good song.
Trust in You- Punkish. Me likes.
Kid- Catchy stuff. I like how the song changes during it.
Hammerhead- It sucks! Nah I'm kidding.
A Lot Like Me- Powerful stuff son!
Takes me Nowhere- Yeah! Stoked for the lyrics on this one.
Kristy- I would like if the song was not that personal. Still slow is good.
Nothingtown- Watch out! This town could be yours!
Stuff is Messed Up- Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Makes me wanna dance, trash and mosh. Yeah! La La La La Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sexy stuff.
Fix You- If you don't like mellower stuff you'll find yourself skipping this track a lot. Always been a fan of slower TheOffspring songs.
Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom- Pick it Up! Pick it Up! Pick it Up! Ska-ish.
Rise and Fall- Only TheOffspring can make Green Day sound good. HAHAHA

Jesus
06-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Oh man, can't wait. Damn.

Anyway the sample parts that I like the most:
-You're gonna go far kid (Fuck yeah! Although the dance-punk vibe appears to be better in the live version, because it's played a bit faster then)
-A Lot Like (awesome Dexter voice especially near the end, so heavy, too bad the sample stops then)
-Takes Me Nowhere (The Offspring on Bad Religion steroids, awesome!)
-Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? (Love it, love it. Seems to be a great slow rock song, I thought it would be more acoustic from what other people had said)
-Nothingtown (Seems like a great sing-alon. It has a Green Day dookie/nimrod touch to it. Which is a plus for me, two great bands. This is gonna be a great record.)
-Fix You (Yes yes yes! Seems quite emotional. Really really like it. Has that old Snow Patrol/Coldplay vibe to it. Good to see Dexter still does what he wants and doesn't give into to tru punx)
-Rise And Fall (Classic punk rock anthem)

And then there still is: lets hear it for rock bottom, half truism, hammerhead, ect. . Damn can't wait!

This is gonna be great. I sort of get a second Ixnay vibe from this record. Trying new stuff and being brilliant at it while still sounding Offspringish.

Living in Chaos
06-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Fix You reminded me of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Well, I thought the entire album (samples) was just fantastic, really nice to hear them try something different than just the same old stuff. Very catchy songs I must say. It will indeed be great!

Cejus
06-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Arghh, I've only had the time to hear the samples twice! I ran out of batteries on my mp3 player and I'm at work, so I cannot listen to them again until this afternoon! aaaaargh!

But from what I've heard so far, I love it! Really, it sounds like there will be very different and catchy songs on this album, and I love that. I also like how they've tried to explore different kinds of sounds, like the two ballads, for instance. I've always believed that a band should try to change their sound a bit with each new album; it's boring to hear always the same stuff.

Thanks to the starter of this thread and to whoever posted the link to the previews :)

danitanev
06-03-2008, 03:19 AM
1.Takes Me Nowhere - I think it sounds like the best one!
2.Trust In You - Sound like the best one too!
3.Stuff Is Messed Up - Shit Is Fucked Up - second best!
4.Rise And Fall - third best!
5.You're gonna go far, Kid - Dance Fucker Dance - Yes I will!
6.Nothingtown - My fucking town!
7.Hammerhead - It Hammers in my head - where it'll end nobody knows!
8.Half-Truism - Our lives Half-Truism
9.A Lot Like Me
10.Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom
11.Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
12.Fix You

I like all the songs but I can't say much! I just hope there will be some hidden tracks and bonus things, cause too much of The Offspring is never enough for me!

Hypodermic_89
06-03-2008, 03:21 AM
This is BY FAR the best Offspring album ever. I'm serious.

MAXTER
06-03-2008, 03:24 AM

OHHHH YEEEAAAAHHH!!!!:cool:

Free?
06-03-2008, 03:25 AM

Whoa! Now that's the spirit! You really surprised me after all those negative comments with such statement.

danitanev
06-03-2008, 03:27 AM

I Agree Hypodermic! Sounds So Fucking Nice! I gotta survive the next 2 weeks!:D

Ptit Seb
06-03-2008, 03:27 AM

it's the 5 years long wait that makes you say that
go back listening to ignition and smash before saying that

i know now that they will never do as good punk rock as that

The Search Button
06-03-2008, 03:30 AM

You are completely right, sir.

It's the best bacause atleast is the newest.

Obie2trice
06-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Goddamn

I just listened 10 seconds to You`re gonna go far Kid

Pff, this album should be so worth the wait!

Can`t wait till june 13th:)

rise_and_fall
06-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Half-Truism- 10/10

I have never heard a song like "Fix You" at all!, not by The Offspring anyways. Other than that, all the other songs sound AWSOME!

I'm guessing "Fix You" when you get further into the song will be a more heavy song... I hope

ygokazuki
06-03-2008, 04:32 AM
this is awesome! takes me nowhere sounds kinda bad religion ish, it kicks ass! man the whole thing is awesome, thx for posting!

ernesto88
06-03-2008, 05:06 AM
eh! guy, you have not idea how happy you make me with this threat!!!!

tanks

RFRG is a great album, i think the best!

Hypodermic_89
06-03-2008, 05:09 AM
it's the 5 years long wait that makes you say that
go back listening to ignition and smash before saying that

i know now that they will never do as good punk rock as that
Dude fuck off. Stop expecting The Offspring to be all PUNX. They're not that band anymore. But they're still fucking awesome. Seriously, If you want punk, go listen to The Casualties and other stuff like that, and leave The Offspring alone.

ernesto88
06-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Dude fuck off. Stop expecting The Offspring to be all PUNX. They're not that band anymore. But they're still fucking awesome. Seriously, If you want punk, go listen to The Casualties and other stuff like that, and leave The Offspring alone.

yeah! you are right! hahaha

guy, only it's offspring!!!!

FOXMAN
06-03-2008, 05:26 AM

I agree my friends!! Maybe we have the best Offspring album!! FUCKING YEEEAAH!! :D (10 days...)

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
06-03-2008, 05:54 AM
I don't know...I have to get used to most of the songs. But I love trust in you, Kid and Hammerhead. And rise and fall really sounds like american idiot... I have doubts...

Zee
06-03-2008, 06:05 AM
30s samples doesn't do good. No way I'm doing the same mistake as on Splinter, listening to the 30s samples. They give a picture of the song, but yet they don't. At all. See ya on June 18th. Yup, we get it last, but whatever. I can wait. :p

holland25
06-03-2008, 06:09 AM
I won't listen to the samples no matter what you say.

RonWelty
06-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Kristy and A lot like me are growing a lot inside me.
But STUFF IS MESSED UP is the best yet

Jesus
06-03-2008, 06:17 AM
30s samples doesn't do good. No way I'm doing the same mistake as on Splinter, listening to the 30s samples. They give a picture of the song, but yet they don't. At all. See ya on June 18th. Yup, we get it last, but whatever. I can wait. :p
Yeah true, but I can't wait :p.

I mean parts of the lyrics from "stuff is messed up" that were posted were pretty good. But I guess the "chorus" is what's in the sample, and that chorus is pretty bad and ridiculous/childish (maybe it fits better with the rest of the song, who knows).
The only sample I don't like is from "stuff is messed up" (all the other samples are awesome), if they had chosen another part of that song as a sample I might have loved it straight away too. So yeah , but I still can't stop myself from checking it out.

RonWelty
06-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Yeah true, but I can't wait :p.

I mean parts of the lyrics from "stuff is messed up" that were posted, were pretty good. But I guess the "chorus" is what's in the sample, and that chorus is pretty bad and ridiculous/childish.
The only sample I don't like is from "stuff is messed up" (all the other samples are awesome), if they had chosen another part of that song as a sample I might have loved it straight away too. So yeah , but I still can't stop myself from checking it out.
i canīt agree with you. Itīs one of their best sing-along chorus.

Jesus
06-03-2008, 06:24 AM
We'll just agree to disagree. ;)

But i'll give you that it's not difficult to sing-along too though. Maybe it just fits with the rest of the song, and works perfectly. Because the samples are like 20 seconds and some of the songs are like 4 minutes, so a lot can happen in between.

RonWelty
06-03-2008, 06:26 AM

But i'll give you that it's not difficult to sing-along too though.

man i think this song, and a some others in the album, reminds me a lof of IXNAY and i fuckin love that album.
I want Dexter to play STUFF IS MESSED UP live friday. lol

RonWelty
06-03-2008, 06:27 AM

But i'll give you that it's not difficult to sing-along too though. Maybe it just fits with the rest of the song, and works perfectly.
Because the samples are like 20 seconds and some of the songs are like 4 minutes, so a lot can happen in between.

yeah, see HAMMERHEAD, the best part isnīt on that sample-

Jesus
06-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Yup totally getting an Ixnay vibe too. Hope you get that song, they had a week to practice with the new bass player (so who knows!).
I want them to play the whole new album from start to finish at the Paris club show (+ tkaa, self esteem etc), that would be brilliant!

RonWelty
06-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Yup totally getting an Ixnay vibe too. Hope you get that song, they had a week to practice with the new bass player (so who knows!).
I want them to play the whole new album from start to finish at the Paris club show (+ tkaa, self esteem etc), that would be brilliant!

they should play more new songs on that tiny concert, because the crowd is only big offspring fans. So please, record it.

Man i saw them like 10 times or something, and iīm just starting to get tired of the same tunes...

Zee
06-03-2008, 06:34 AM
I want the album release date to be a spectacle. I wake up at the morning 5.00am, go to work. Knowing the fact that after the June 18's work is done, I'll be hearing new Offspring will probably keep me happy during the day. Then I start my car, head up for a record store. Spot the album. Proudly carrying it, thinking 5 fucking years. 5 years of new stuff. Driving home, maybe playing Hammerhead in the car as warm-up. Then, home. Ahh... without knowing a thing how the song sounds after Hammerhead. Hopefully I'll be alone. Neighbours gone.

What would this be after hearing the 30s samples? Absolutely nothing. The feeling was horrible after I did it on Splinter. Not that the songs were bad, but the thought that "this was it?". Hearing the whole album in 2 minutes. That's how it felt.

Don't do it. ;)

RonWelty
06-03-2008, 06:35 AM
I want the album release date to be a spectacle. I wake up at the morning 5.00am, go to work. Knowing the fact that after the June 18's work is done, I'll be hearing new Offspring will probably keep me happy during the day. Then I start my car, head up for a record store. Spot the album. Proudly carrying it, thinking 5 fucking years. 5 years of new stuff. Driving home, maybe playing Hammerhead in the car as warm-up. Then, home. Ahh... without knowing a thing how the song sounds after Hammerhead. Hopefully I'll be alone. Neighbours gone.

What would this be after hearing the 30s samples? Absolutely nothing. The feeling was horrible after I did it on Splinter. Not that the songs were bad, but the thought that "this was it?". Hearing the whole album in 2 minutes. That's how it felt.

Don't do it. ;)Actualy, most of Splinter song are bad...

Zee
06-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Heh, well that's pretty off-topic though. ;)

It was an encouragement for everyone who's having hard times not to listen to them and would like not to, but are tempted as hell.

medi01
06-03-2008, 06:40 AM
AWESOME - I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!

Jesus
06-03-2008, 06:47 AM
You forgot the capital A :(.

Splinter had it's moments, The Noose, Can't get my head, Lightning Rod and I always was a sucker for Spare Me The Details. But overall there were a bunch of let down songs and it was so short, too short!
They never did something I totally disliked or thought that sucked. So don't really like to use the terms bad or worst. But best or better ;).

But this is getting offtopic!

And then finding out that the CD has a copy protection and doesn't play in your cd player (I think Splinter had that with me, or it had to do with the mp3s on it). That would be quite an anti climax!

dff_punk
06-03-2008, 06:49 AM
I just listened to the first 4 songs(that I already knew). You're Gonna Go Far, Kid = Pure awesomeness. I'm gonna listen to the rest in the full versions. I know from the past that Amazon 30-second samples do not give you a good and appropriate vibe of the full songs.. and why ruin the surprise? It's only two weeks, goddammit.

RonWelty
06-03-2008, 06:50 AM

Splinter had it's moments, The Noose, Can't get my head, Lightning Rod and I always was a sucker for Spare Me The Details. But overall there were a bunch of let down songs and it was so short, too short!
They never did something I totally disliked or thought that sucked. So don't really like to use the terms bad or worst. But best or better ;).

And then finding out that the CD has a copy protection and doesn't play in your cd player (I think Splinter had that with me, or it had to do with the mp3s on it). That would be quite an anti climax!cgmhay is one of their best songs ;)

disclaimer_07
06-03-2008, 06:51 AM

And then finding out that the CD has a copy protection and doesn't play in your cd player (I think Splinter had that with me, or it had to do with the mp3s on it). That would be quite an anti climax!

Splinter had a copy protection?

Jesus
06-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Can't remember. My old CD player doesn't play copy protected cd's. So I thought it was that. It could also have been because of the mp3s and data files on it.

medi01
06-03-2008, 06:56 AM
is it me or does Dexter's voice sound real different to normal?? they've like put a technical echo on it or sumthin...songs ares till awesome tho

Zee
06-03-2008, 06:58 AM

That'd quite be...

It was somewhat close that I listened all the clips, but still quite far... but my posts had a real therapeutic affect on me. Now I'm stronger than ever, and not even with a knife on my throat you can get me listen to the new Offspring right now. Ok I'm done with my ideology and happy moments for everyone who decided to listen.

disclaimer_07
06-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Can't remember. My old CD player doesn't play copy protected cd's. So I thought it was that. It could also have been because of the mp3s and data files on it.

I was just curious 'cause I ripped everything with no problems.

Enix Belmont
06-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Fix you SUCKS. Its a total ripoff of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, and I despise that song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ajy0w1XPJk8

Not exactly but damn close. But who knows, the actual song might be better, its just the start. But first impression is that I hate it.

GunForHire
06-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Fix you SUCKS. Its a total ripoff of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, and I despise that song.

Not exactly but damn close. But who knows, the actual song might be better, its just the start. But first impression is that I hate it.

Holy crap, you're right on that one.

medi01
06-03-2008, 07:14 AM

it is pretty similar. not really offspring style song but im not gonna judge till the whole song is released

disclaimer_07
06-03-2008, 07:19 AM
What are you talking about? There are shitloads of songs sounding similar.

GunForHire
06-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Also gotta say, there's a definite 'American Idiot' Green Day feel on some of the tracks - Nothingtown and Rise And Fall sound like they could've come off that album no problem. Think it's the guitar style that makes me think of it.

Jesus
06-03-2008, 07:20 AM
The Fix You sample sounds like a mix between Chocolate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fufb9w2A7Dk)and Chasing Cars. And some (well a bunch of) Coldplay songs. I'm a sucker for Snow Patrol though, not so much of Coldplay. I'll go watch my porn (female on female ofcourse) now to increase my masculinity.

To say it's a rip off is pretty much wrong though. If you don't like that kind of music, well it will probably all sound the same to you. Just like to a person that only likes classical music Green Day, The Offspring, My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan and Paramore all sound the same and rip each other off (which they sort of do but still).

Even if it's a hypothetical rip off, it doesn't make it a bad song for that reason. Hell TKAA rips off Belle and Sebastian, doesn't make it bad though.

medi01
06-03-2008, 07:25 AM
...anyone planning on tabbing the bits from the demos???...can't wait to play them

Superdope
06-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Well... guess it's time.

I'll be staying the hell away from these boards until this album is in my hands.

See you guys on the other side!

Macko
06-03-2008, 07:52 AM
I haven't listened to it..I can wait..NO I CANT!..yes you can do this!..omg, need some will..power!! Aaaaaargghhhhh! Please guys, just dont say how amazing it is, then its tempting even bilion times moooooore! Well, maybe one song...nooo! thats it, Im unplugging the compu............................................. ...............................

RobinoZombie
06-03-2008, 07:54 AM
well it sounds mature though, and i like it, there are snippets that easily could have been picked up from American Idiot, The black parade, nothing wrong with it,

In other words:

its only rock n roll but i like it.

spidey255
06-03-2008, 08:09 AM
is it me or does Dexter's voice sound real different to normal?? they've like put a technical echo on it or sumthin...songs ares till awesome tho

I said this earlier. Sounds like chorus and vocal correction. It sounds too smooth to be natural.

medi01
06-03-2008, 08:11 AM
I said this earlier. Sounds like chorus and vocal correction. It sounds too smooth to be natural.

ok. i didnt see ur post as dont really have time to read through 200+ of them

glad someone agrees though

medi01
06-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm going to get flamed for this, but I can't help notice the Green Day similarities (as Soxic did) in a couple of songs:(. Don't get me wrong, I love the songs, but:

- Rise and Fall sounds very much like Emenius Sleepus
- Fix you has a similar rhythm to Wake Me Up...
- Kristy, Are You Doing Okay has a similar use of the xylophone in the verse as Wake Me Up.

Luckily it's only small things, also It's probably because I'm a Green Day fan too, that I notice these. But hey, Offspring and Green Day combo is like a dream-come-true for me :)

My favourite songs so far are: Rise and Fall, Stuff is messed up, Takes me Nowhere and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

no. rise and fall sounds more like American idiot if anything. fix you isn't like wake me up and nor is kristy....

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-03-2008, 08:45 AM
This album has the potential to be one of the best sounding albums this year, and I'm not just saying that cause these guys are one of my favorite bands, it sounds great so far. Fix You was kinda boring, but it was a 20 second sample. As were the others. The studio versions of Half-Truism and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, sound sick so far. Stuff Is Messed Up is great as well. But I can definently see You're Gonna Go Far, Kid being my future favorite song just from the twenty second sample and the live version we all heard

randman21
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Heh, I'm not gonna be able to sing along with this album like I can with the others. Too high. The only problem I can see that I'm gonna have with this album is that I won't be able to rely on them to be my energy monkeys, meaning I can't just put it on shuffle and know that I'll get a fast head-banger. That said, the songs seem excellent. Like, very good and very different.

I really really really can't wait to hear "A Lot Like Me". The verse part reminds me of "Let Love In" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

ad8
06-03-2008, 08:50 AM
I have the impression that the best tracks are in the first half of the album... but I like most of them very much. Except for Fix You and Rise And Fall. Those were quite disappointing:( But who knows, maybe the full versions will surprise me in a positive way.

Manic Subsida
06-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Wow, shit I'm amazed. Positive and negative. No... POSITIVE! =D
This is gonna be a great album. Some people will like at alot, some will dislike it and some will say it's ok, because we all have different taste. But I think most of us will love it. ^^

Offspring has made some songs with totally new style - the "soft" songs (a couple with piano too). I think that's good, but that's of course the songs I (we) dislike (or not used to) most. I'll put it up this way:

I most like Trust In You (good old ones like "All I Want, Cool To Hate, MOL", wish they had more songs like that, and more hard ones) and all of the "others". The soft songs are nice too, but that's not Offspring and we never heard it before - but we'll be used to it, and love it. ^^

So I think this gonna be a great album. And hey, we haven't heard the full songs yet, so this is gonna be great!

..and one thing.
"# Genres: Alternative Rock, Alternative Rock/General"
Not punk-rock? Well, I think it's punk rock AND Alternative rock now.

zsk
06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Half trusim: 10/10
Trust in you: 10/10
You're gonna go far Kid: 10 /10
Hammerhead:10/10
A lot like me: 6/10
Takes me nowhere:8/10
Kristy are you doing okay:3/10
Nothingtown:6/10
Stuff is messed up:6/10
Fix you: 2/10
LHIFRB: 7/10
Rise and fall: 9/10 it's akin like american idiot,isn't it???

I dind't like the calm songs like Kristy and fix you

the first 4 songs are realy the best and i liked Rise and fall,too

pyrostatic_jim
06-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Songs I love:
Kid
Half-Truism
Hammerhead

Song I might love:
Kristy (although I'm not digging the strings)

Songs I kinda like:
Trust In You
Takes Me Nowhere
Stuff Is Messed Up

Songs I don't really like (yet, anyway)
Nothingtown, Rock Bottom, Rise And Fall - as said previously, they sound like Green Day... and I love Green Day, but I want The Offspring to sound like The Offspring.
A Lot Like Me - I like the chorus, but the piano on the verse... hmmm
Fix You - similar reaction... that style doesn's fit the band.

I gotta say... this album reminds me of the last Papa Roach album... all over the place, trying other bands' styles, a lot of ballads and weird sounding stuff.
I don't want to be so negative, but compared to most Offspring albums, from which I loved all the songs, this doesn't do so well.

Jesus
06-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Would be cool if the Dillinger Four are mentioned in the album credits ;).

spidey255
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I like all the 30 second previews a lot.

One thing that's weird is that the last song, Rise and Fall, is the second shortest song on the album. It seems odd that they would end the album with just a fast punk song that doesn't really relate to the rest of the album. It seems kind of like a cop-out, similar to how Da Hui ended Splinter and how Conspiracy of One ended Conspiracy of One. whereas Ixnay had Change the World and Americana had Pay the Man. I know I haven't heard the whole CD yet, but the rest of the songs are mostly over 3:30 and then to just end with a fast punk song? Anyone else agree?

medi01
06-03-2008, 09:45 AM
I like all the 30 second previews a lot.

One thing that's weird is that the last song, Rise and Fall, is the second shortest song on the album. It seems odd that they would end the album with just a fast punk song that doesn't really relate to the rest of the album. It seems kind of like a cop-out, similar to how Da Hui ended Splinter and how Conspiracy of One ended Conspiracy of One. whereas Ixnay had Change the World and Americana had Pay the Man. I know I haven't heard the whole CD yet, but the rest of the songs are mostly over 3:30 and then to just end with a fast punk song? Anyone else agree?

yeh wud be a shame. Rise and Fall sounds better than da hui and conspiracy of one though. shouldn't wreck the album, but it would have been better to end with a longer one

Indii
06-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Would be cool if the Dillinger Four are mentioned in the album credits ;).

I know this hasn't much to do with the topic, but exactly this D4-song (Doublewihiskeycokenoice) is mentioned in a new song by The Hold Steady. Two lines in Constructive Summer are:

Me and my friends we're like
Double whiskey coke no ice

(But THS have mentioned D4 before...)

IamSam
06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
I love all of it. And with those comparisons to Green Day I could really care less because it's not Green Day. It's The Offspring. Besides of which I like all the Green Day songs they've been compared to.

Still relevant to punk rock.

Dex90
06-03-2008, 09:51 AM
so far im kinda disappointed..after hearing the first four tracks (HT,TIU,YGFK,HAMMERHEAD) from live versions n samples, i honestly thought this was gonna be the most amazing cd theyve ever made. But, at least form the samples, it sounds like theyve almost completely lost their offspring feel. I've always stuck up for the band when people have said that they sold out, cuz their music was always different than everything else at the time, thats y theyve been my favourite band for so many years, but now it actually sounds as if theyre tryin 2 fit in with whats goin on around them..nothingtown, rock bottom n rise and fall could honestly have come from american idiot, ive always loved offspring cuz their stuff was so much deeper n meaningful, greenday has always been superficial pop punk and i can't believe that offspring made songs like that. Fix you and kristy just sound like their tryin to fit in with the whiney rock thats on the radio, i really hope that after i hear the cd i realise i was completely wrong, but so far it seems like bob rock has changed them too much. Trust in you is just amazing, as well as half truism hammerhead an ygfk, Im fine with slow songs cuz ive always wanted to hear offspring do slow stuff, but the greenday style songs are just embarassing,It sounds like the second half of the cd is aimed at 13 yr old pop rock lovers. i hope they turn out differently in the full versions.

Leandro
06-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Preview in mp3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/119814566/Rise_And_Fall_Rage_And_Grace_preview_mp3.zip.html

Ill.be.waiting.
06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
I loved it...
omg
I can't wait
xD
youre gonna go far kid, now have become my fav song...
I love how it sounds the real version
And I agree that maybe some songs have a new sound
but I disagree that offspring changed, or something...
Listen to can't repeat, that's new too and it sounds nothing at all like other cds...
You have to change sometime, and it's not that offspring changed totally them style, and they started to wear black clothes and make up, and sing sad songs, as all the stupid bands that are now famous and liked by people...
Offspring will never change

And thanks leandro, now ill download them xP

IamSam
06-03-2008, 10:09 AM
You people need to stop complaining on three counts:

1. It's a 30 second clip. The 30 second clip of Hammerhead doesn't really do the song justice, so how can we know that these clips will do the song justice?

2. "Selling out" and "getting soft" are repeated over and over again in this thread and it makes me lol. I'm guessing you people who are saying this are the same people that would have listened to a 30 second clip of 'Gone Away' and complained about it.

3. The "Green Day" comparisons aren't all bad. Bands borrow all the time, and, from what I hear, the small elements they have borrowed from them are good elements from Dookie/Nimrod days.

I think it's sad that a bunch of you are crying over a low quality, 30 second clip. It shows me you lack maturity, common sense, and an open mind.

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
agreed.
youve got two weeks. get the cd, listen to it, THEN you can bitch about it all you want.

the verse for rock bottom reminds me a lot of the Police. i think its mostly in the drums.

Camilamazed
06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Great I'm not alone.

I thought I was the only one to think it's too early to come to a conclusion about the album.

Wait the damn thing. For crying out loud.

maxiloader
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Stop comparing it to Green Day already!
It bothers me...

jacknife737
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
All these comments about some of the tracks being "commercial", ect are really making me lawlz. You people are aware that you're posting on a band's website that released such hard-core street punk songs as Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, and Hit That as lead singles. A lot of you are acting like the Offspring is some obscure indie band that's still on Epitaph, not one that's been on a major lable for over 10 years. A lot of these comments are also strikingly similar to what a lot of "tru punx" claimed what Ixnay sounded like. The band is never going to make Ignition II or Smash II, that would be regression

T_immortal
06-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Well I cant stop listening to these previews but I'm definitely feeling a few song more than others, here goes:

Half truism: Absolutely awesome! I can't wait to see the lyrics, it sounds like a powerful song and the tempo change during the chorus is great! (MCR my foot :P lol) 10/10
Trust in you: Sounds like something straight from smash, which is a great thing :D 10/10
You're gonna go far, kid: I loved the live version as soon as I heard it the first time, and the studio version actually topped it! 10/10
Hammerhead: Enough said about that, 10/10
A lot like me: Alright, now this is where the previews were completely new to me, and this song is really good, reminds me of a cross of Gone Away/Race Against Myself. Also, does anyone else get a kind of U2 vibe from this song? Dont hate me for saying that lol, I can't help but think about "Beautiful Day" when I hear this one, but still awesome 10/10
Takes me nowhere: Its alright, not great, but not terrible, I have a feeling i might end up skipping this one once the albums been in my player for a while 7/10
Kristy, are you doing okay?: Well, this definitely doesnt sound like anything they've done before, and its a refreshing attempt at something new. Pretty good and very personal in terms of lyrical content 8/10
Nothingtown: This one...well I can't quite place it cause it's not a bad sounding song, but just doesn't appeal to me as much as the other ones if that makes sense? But I still like the way it sounds 8/10
Stuff is messed up: My favorite song on this album! (Based on the previews anyway) incredibly catchy, and keeps me coming back to listen to it again! :D 10/10
Fix you: I can't rate this song based on the preview alone, I feel like that wouldn't be doing justice to this song. N/A
Let's hear it for rock bottom: Alright this is probably the only song I don't like on this CD, however the full version may/probably will change my opinion 4/10
Rise and Fall: Title's misleading that's for sure, you'd expect something hard and powerful. I have to admit my thoughts did keep going back to american idiot on this one, but it doesn't really matter its still pretty good 8/10

Final score (not including fix you) = 95/110 = 86% = A

As for the songs that sound similar to other bands or whatever, we don't make a fuss when other bands come up with songs that sound like offpsring right? I don't know about the rest of you guys but I love hearing other bands that make offspring-like songs, almost as if its an homage. I'm sure fans of the bands that people say these songs sound like are probably pretty happy to hear that. In conclusion, is this the offspring's answer to American idiot and Minutes to midnight? I don't think so, but Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace definitely seems to take some of the best of the old and mix it in with new sounds, with good results! As for comparing it to their other albums, I would say this album is Ixnay part 2, with a small sprinkle of Smash. I just hope that we won't have to wait another 4 and a half years to hear something again from one of the best bands to have ever played on this earth!

I got all of that from 30 second previews, I'm almost afraid to write a review of the full album when I get it lol. Btw is it just me or did they choose some pretty stupid 30 second clips? In terms of timing in the song I mean

The Search Button
06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Hammerhead- School Shootings
Kristy- Child Molestation

Then we have Nothingtown, Half-truism even Kid with a lot of serious issues around them.

Noodles was right. They went too fucking serious on this one.

Am I the only one that hears "she's fucked up" instead of "shit is fucked up" on "Stuff is Messed Up"?

And "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" = You're Gonna Go Fuck It"?

Ah, rhetoric!

Lupin
06-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm looking forward to the album even more after listenin' to the previews.
Its like having sex but, due to a prior vasectomy, which is about to be undone...you can't quiet make the most out of it.
SO in all, im basically looking forward to the 'ball-induced' orgasm that is RAFRAG!!!
________
Ford 335 Engine Specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_335_engine)

GunForHire
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Hammerhead- School Shootings
Kristy- Child Molestation

Then we have Nothingtown, Half-truism even Kid with a lot of serious issues around them.

Noodles was right. They went too fucking serious on this one.

Am I the only one that hears "she's fucked up" instead of "shit is fucked up" on "Stuff is Messed Up"?

And "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" = You're Gonna Go Fuck It"?

Ah, rhetoric!

I think it's hard to say they went too serious - Ixnay was a pretty dark album in places, thinking Gone Away and Amazed here. Although this does have A Lot Like Me and Kristy which are kinda dark.

I'm really digging A Lot Like Me. It reminds me a bit of Denial, Revisited which I love, but it's kinda dark and powerful.

Edycal
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Love the new Album!!!!!!! this is much better that i expected earlier!!

and the good thing is that it comes out on my birthday so il be getting drunk and listening to RAFRAG at the same time

Dragnet
06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Sounds great so far!

HeadAroundU
06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
so far im kinda disappointed..after hearing the first four tracks (HT,TIU,YGFK,HAMMERHEAD) from live versions n samples, i honestly thought this was gonna be the most amazing cd theyve ever made. But, at least form the samples, it sounds like theyve almost completely lost their offspring feel. I've always stuck up for the band when people have said that they sold out, cuz their music was always different than everything else at the time, thats y theyve been my favourite band for so many years, but now it actually sounds as if theyre tryin 2 fit in with whats goin on around them..nothingtown, rock bottom n rise and fall could honestly have come from american idiot, ive always loved offspring cuz their stuff was so much deeper n meaningful, greenday has always been superficial pop punk and i can't believe that offspring made songs like that. Fix you and kristy just sound like their tryin to fit in with the whiney rock thats on the radio, i really hope that after i hear the cd i realise i was completely wrong, but so far it seems like bob rock has changed them too much. Trust in you is just amazing, as well as half truism hammerhead an ygfk, Im fine with slow songs cuz ive always wanted to hear offspring do slow stuff, but the greenday style songs are just embarassing,It sounds like the second half of the cd is aimed at 13 yr old pop rock lovers. i hope they turn out differently in the full versions.
Don't worry. You'll grow up and everything will be OK.

BuckyO'Hare
06-03-2008, 11:27 AM
As for comparing it to their other albums, I would say this album is Ixnay part 2, with a small sprinkle of Smash.

Nailed it :)

FrancoDaHui
06-03-2008, 11:33 AM
i really liked the preview of the songs, but i dont know, i think that this is the offspring's new america (bad religion), i have the feeling that some people will love it and some will hate it

to be honest, im i little dissapointed for the lack of punk songs, but i think the variety they made will be awesome

0r4ng3
06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
i think that this is the offspring's new america
I don't think RAFRAG will be The Offspring's New America because RAFRAG won't be a complete pile.

brian.offspring
06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
i think there is really good stuff like trust in you, hammerhead, you're gonna go far kid, half truism . . .
good stuff like takes me nowhere and stuff is messed up . .
and soft songs . . fix you, kristy are yo doing okay? . .

i want to hear the hole cd anyway :cool: