PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the preview

gabrielpatriarca
06-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, I believe much can be said now that the preview is out. I'll give my opinions... If you think comments based on the preview is a waste of time than don't waste your time here... 'cause I think it's cool.
But if you think it's worse a try I'd love to see other people point of views.

Half-Truism: It's actually very catchy... it has a mix of energy and beauty. At first live it seemed like the chorus were kinda "forced to be cool" but I get a better impression in the studio version.

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid: It's very Scorsese hehe...
(Remember that Dexter and Noodles interview to KROQ?)

The lyrics (which I know due to the live version) totally fit the Departed which was directed by Scorsese...
I loved the song! I loved the Movie! amazing combo there Brainy Brian! hehe... the man knows how to play his cards!

Trust In you/Hammerhead/Takes me Nowhere: Like someone said Trust In you is really the more old school song... this one and hammerhead are the heavier on the album and both are amazing!
They're followed by Takes me Nowhere which is also nice but not so great. Maybe the entire version will prove me wrong.

A Lot Like Me: Man this is totally not Offspring. Our luck is that the man is smart enough to do something totally different and still sound so cool! But I believe things like that should be in a parallel project. Anyway it's amazing.

Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?: Seems cute hehe... Offspring doing cute stuff is totally new... anyway I couldn't get the feeling from the preview if its gonna be so beautiful. But boring I'm sure it's not gonna be.

Nothingtown: It's got that shuffle rhythm thing Green day uses to do. Someone said that in another thread and I agree. Looks more like nimrod style though... what's a good thing 'cause Nimrod is great stuff.

Stuff's Messed Up: Wait Noodles... you said there wouldn't be joke songs... (We got ourselves too fucking serious) LOL maybe the lyrics aren't but the song definitely has got some joke vibe... and I loved it! Finally scored again... long after Why Don't You Get a Job that was also very nice.

Fix You: It seems to be romantic. Anyway it's the preview that "tells less" about the song from all of them. At first It seemed boring but listening to it a couple times I figured that this must be nicer than the other slow song (Kristy)

Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom: It's got a happy chorus than gets into a slower verse... seems nice to me but in an album with so many catchy songs it's the weekest.

Rise and fall: Fuck this is great! It's punk fucking rock motherfucka!! LOL!
I hate green day for having "ripped" D4 first so I keep remembering American Idiot all the time! hehe... I can't wait to be able to let it go... also, can't wait to see what Dexter has got to say about the similarity

ANDiTKO
06-03-2008, 01:22 AM
and where did you heared the songs?

disclaimer_07
06-03-2008, 01:23 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fall-Rage-Grace-Explicit/dp/B001AMVN3U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1212457962&sr=8-4

gabrielpatriarca
06-03-2008, 01:26 AM
there you go hehe disclaimer was too fast!

ANDiTKO
06-03-2008, 01:26 AM
yay!Thanx! :) im listeng it now. comment later...

Budzy
06-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Half Truism- I expected more of these sorta songs on the album. I really like it. its a typical offspring songs. you feel it. you dig?

Takes me nowhere- as a metal feel to it, but as offspring written all over the rest. reminded me of the heavy guitar in meaning of life.

You're gonna go far kid- i can't play this song enough. i love it. its got a good beat, its catchy. and has attitude.

Hammerhead- explains itself.

Alot like me- has the stupid piano like Fix You, but i like it in this song, has a gone away feel to it. slow verse with a meaningful chrous.

Takes me nowhere- a good solid offspring song.

Kristy are you doing okay?- another slow song. sounds like "When september ends" so i like it. its bit stronger tho.

Nothingtown- ahh i like it. cant describe it rly. a good sturdy song. cant go wrong.

Stuffed is messed up- i love it. catchy. sounds like a joke song to me. VERY SIMALR TO I CHOOSE I RECKON. yes yes. thats what it is.

Fix You- reminds me of "walking in a straight line" ****Chasing Cars- snow patrol. im sorry to say. i love the offspring. i really really do. but unless that songs break into something more exciting. i must say. im disappointed. SORRY. just my opinion.

lets hear it for rock bottom- a catchy song. a fun sorta song. io guess thats the fun sorta jumping around song of the album.

Rise and fall- reminds me of american idiot- only cos of the guitar bit. you'll prolly know wat im on about. but it doesnt rly show the chorus. cos i dont rly know. but i like it.

IT IS JUST 30 SECONDS OR SO OF THE SONGS- MANY OF THE OFFSPRING SONGS BREAK INTO A DIFFERENT RHYTHEM SO THEY COULD END UP BEING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

HASNT SATISFIED MY HUNGER FOT THE ALBUM. I STILL CAN NOT WAIT.!!!
made me even more excitied.

ANDiTKO
06-03-2008, 02:08 AM
The album generally SUX!There are 3-4 good songs and the others aren't good.
My favorite songs from this album are
1)You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
2)Trust In You
3)Hammerhead

And this songs "Fix You" and "A Lot Like Me" WTF is THIS MAN!An sad emo song or something??
Come on!I know they are old but hey!WTF! :mad:

They changed their sound.Offspring is my fav band because they sound different but now they sound alot like greenday and other poprock bands.I liked the old offspring style punk!Smash,Americana,Ignition...
Also i noticed change in the dist guitar effect witch sounds alot like greenday's guitars.Man i want the offspring!Not other shit!For the other shits there are other Bands(that do it better)!

Rise And Fall?This song is like GreenDay's American idiot.A stupid commercial song.

Also in You're Gonna Go Far, Kid there have some very strong Vocal Corrections.Using pitch correcting software like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFBnUWpViQ&feature=related)

Living in Chaos
06-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Well, I thought the entire album (samples) was just fantastic, really nice to hear them try something different than just the same old stuff. Very catchy songs I must say. It will indeed be great! Fix You reminded me of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, not emo at all. :)

Budzy
06-03-2008, 02:25 AM
Fix You reminded me of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, not emo at all. :)

THATS THE ONE
NOT WALKING IN A STRAIGHT LINE
CHASING CARS THATS THE ONE
all those gay pussy songs sound the same.
:(
id like to fix, fix you :)

killboybowerhead
06-03-2008, 02:26 AM
i really like everything I heard. Stoked for the album. Every song seems to offer something different from one another, which for me is the best thing an album can do. I dug the different stuff too, especially a lot like me. Halftruism is still the best for me so far.
Oh yeah btw everyone uses autotune on vocals nowadays and Im pretty sure the Offspring used it before this album.

Jesus
06-03-2008, 02:27 AM
There is already a topic about the previews, but I'm sure there will be more threads about it ; ). Anyway:

Oh man, can't wait. Damn.

Anyway the sample parts that I like the most:
-You're gonna go far kid (Fuck yeah! Although the dance-punk vibe appears to be better in the live version, because it's played a bit faster then)
-A Lot Like (awesome Dexter voice especially near the end, so heavy, too bad the sample stops then)
-Takes Me Nowhere (The Offspring on Bad Religion steroids, awesome!)
-Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? (Love it, love it. Seems to be a great slow rock song, I thought it would be more acoustic from what other people had said)
-Nothingtown (Seems like a great sing-alon. It has a Green Day dookie/nimrod touch to it. Which is a plus for me, two great bands. This is gonna be a great record.)
-Fix You (Yes yes yes! Seems quite emotional. Really really like it. Has that old Snow Patrol/Coldplay vibe to it. Good to see Dexter still does what he wants and doesn't give into to tru punx)
-Rise And Fall (Classic punk rock anthem)

And then there still is: lets hear it for rock bottom, half truism, hammerhead, ect. . Damn can't wait!

This is gonna be great. I sort of get a second Ixnay vibe from this record. Trying new stuff and being brilliant at it while still sounding Offspringish.

Irhia
06-03-2008, 02:28 AM
2)Trust In You
3)Hammerhead

And this songs "Fix You" and "A Lot Like Me" WTF is THIS MAN!An sad emo song or something??

They changed their sound.Offspring is my fav band because they sound different but now they sound alot like greenday and other poprock bands.I liked the old offspring style punk!Smash,Americana,Ignition...
Also i noticed change in the dist guitar effect witch sounds alot like greenday's guitars.Man i want the offspring!Not other shit!For the other shits there are other Bands(that do it better)!

Rise And Fall?This song is like GreenDay's American idiot.A stupid commercial song.

Also in You're Gonna Go Far, Kid there have some very strong Vocal Corrections.Using pitch correcting software like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFBnUWpViQ&feature=related)

+10000 , i'm an offspring fan since 1995, and i'm very disappointed. This album is babyish. The only thing which says that it is an offspring album is the dexter's voice. Music for the 14 year old kids. Now Dance fucker dance :(
The time of the creativity of ixnay is far, far .......

Sorry if my engish is'nt perfect ^^

The Search Button
06-03-2008, 02:33 AM
+10000 , i'm a offspring fan since 1995, and i'm very disappointed. This album is babyish. The only thing which says that it is an offspring album is the dexter's voice. Now Dance fucker dance :(
The time of the creativity of ixnay is far, far .......

Sorry if my engish is'nt perfect ^^

"Dance Fucker Dance" line has an inner meaning [Just like Ixnay on the Hombre has]. If you don't see it that is your problem. It is not like someone is telling someone else to literally dance...

Budzy
06-03-2008, 02:37 AM
"Dance Fucker Dance" line has an inner meaning [Just like Ixnay on the Hombre has]. If you don't see it that is your problem. It is not like someone is telling someone else to literally dance...

DANCE FUCKER DANCE has attitude man. i like it too. its like americana. WELL FUCK YOU!

MAXTER
06-03-2008, 02:41 AM
I've Heard Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace Songs Preview and seems like really Green Day's Songs,
but "RAFRAG" It's Really good and has many different sound...OK
I'm not convict in Fix you song....

You Guys Rocks!!!

Free?
06-03-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm not going to listen more of RAFRAG stuff until I'll have cd in my hands. All I heard was Hammerhead, Half Truism few times and 2 short pieces of Trust In You (from the studio).

Ptit Seb
06-03-2008, 02:57 AM
2)Trust In You
3)Hammerhead

same here
i'm so disappointed. there's nothing new, just copy/paste from existing songs...
american idiot, want you bad, denial revisited... damn it !
5 years for this !!!!
i'm so gonna listen back to ignition right now

Jesus
06-03-2008, 03:02 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=advxtHtTkoQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5iCc9RS_zU

BuddyHolly
06-03-2008, 03:09 AM
I hate to say this but I really don't like the samples of songs we hadn't heard before. The only sample I liked was Takes Me Nowhere. I hope the full songs will be better, otherwise this will be their worst album ever.

Jesus
06-03-2008, 03:16 AM
Takes Me Nowhere was the song I liked straight away after the first time I listened to the samples (besides songs I already heard). So that's the most commercial sample for me. And probably the song I'll grow tired of first though :(. Which in retrospect explains why I compared it to Bad Religion I guess, cause that's what I have with most Bad Religion songs...

MAXTER
06-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Kristy, You Are Doing OK!!!!!!!:D

disclaimer_07
06-03-2008, 03:20 AM
To those who are already complaining after hearing only the low quality samples:
People, you'd better all calm down. Wait for the full release and then decide if it's shitty or not. Now it's no use whining.

Ptit Seb
06-03-2008, 03:22 AM
yeah i know previews are just previews
but man, listen to it, there's nothing new

but i hope you're right...

Conspiracyof1000
06-03-2008, 03:28 AM
To those who are already complaining after hearing only the low quality samples:
People, you'd better all calm down. Wait for the full release and then decide if it's shitty or not. Now it's no use whining.

YES.
I, personally, enjoyed everything. I love the hard songs, I love the soft songs, I love everything that I heard the first 30 seconds of. :)

The Search Button
yeah i know previews are just previews
but man, listen to it, there's nothing new

but i hope you're right...

Nothing new?

WTF are you talking about?

This is a very different album from any the band as ever made.

Ok. Now you will go whine that you want another Ignition/Smash/Ixnay but that's just not possible, it's not possible. Deal with it.

disclaimer_07
I may be right, I may be wrong....
I just know that I wasn't too happy after listening to the preview of Hammerhead, but now I do like the full studio version.

Ptit Seb
06-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Nothing new?

WTF are you talking about?

This is a very different album from any the band as ever made.

Ok. Now you will go whine that you want another Ignition/Smash/Ixnay but that's just not possible, it's not possible. Deal with it.

of course i don't want a copy of ignition or smash
but this album IS A COPY of things that already exists...

The Search Button
06-03-2008, 03:33 AM
I may be right, I may be wrong....
I just know that I wasn't too happy after listening to the preview of Hammerhead, but now I do like the full studio version.

That's very true. Take for instance this preview of "Kid", you can't hear the full fucking chorus. And the chorus rules, man. Does that make the song bad? No.
Wait to hear the full songs for deeper analises.

disclaimer_07
06-03-2008, 03:34 AM
YES.
I, personally, enjoyed everything. I love the hard songs, I love the soft songs, I love everything that I heard the first 30 seconds of. :)

So good to hear this.
But I actually can't, even if I wanted to, tell you if the songs are good or not, 30 seconds are definitely not enough.

The Search Button
06-03-2008, 03:40 AM
of course i don't want a copy of ignition or smash
but this album IS A COPY of things that already exists...

Wtf?

This album contains:

Half-Truism
Kid
Trust in You
Hammerhead
A lot like me
Takes Me Nowhere
Stuff is Messed Up
Two "Ballads"

If you don't like any of these songs, then I'm unfortunate to say that you don't like TheOffspring at all, cause this is what they do!

Hypodermic_89
06-03-2008, 03:42 AM
1. Half-Truism - My favorite song on the record. Defínately. Really catchy and.. It's just really awesome. 10/10
2. Trust In You - My second favorite. Generic Offspring, that's why I love it. 10/10
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Not a favorite, but still great. Love the tempo and the catchy chorus. 8/10
4. Hammerhead - Heard it too many times already, but it's still great. 9/10
5. A Lot Like Me - Very Linkin Parkish, so it's new, but I think they pulled it off. Good song. 8/10
6. Takes Me Nowhere. Reminded me of Staring At The Sun. Great. 10/10
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? - I expected this song to be shit. I was proven wrong. 8/10
8. Nothingtown - This song was kinda meh. Still good, but nothing special. 6/10
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - Good one. 9/10
10. Fix You - I like it. I have been waiting for something like this from The Offspring. 9/10
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Kinda ska-ish, I like it. Lyrics sound good. 8/10
12. Rise and Fall - It's true, it sounds like American Idiot. But it's The Offspring. Imagine this: If the Offspring had made American Idiot, we would've loved that song. 9/10

Overall, based on these samples, I give this album a
9.3/10

Indii
06-03-2008, 03:47 AM
If you don't like any of these songs, then I'm unfortunate to say that you don't like TheOffspring at all, cause this is what they do!

Right. And they're good at what they do.

It seems that some people would like to hear another Smash or another Ixnay or another Ignition (which would be doing the same album over an over again like Pennywise do it [although I really like Reason To Believe]). And other people complain about the new songs sounding just like the old songs or Green Day songs or anything else heard before.

I am happy that they still sound like the band they have been for 20 years now but are trying to add something new. Nevertheless I can't rate the album or songs just from listenig to these samples.

Living in Chaos
06-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Finally, some positive people. I'm sick of people bashing the band for not sounding like their past albums. A band has to evolve, try new things, and it seems the guys have done that, and I personally loved it.

I think you guys should chill out, and maybe expand your music horizons, like The Offspring have. Great job guys!!

Cerberus
06-03-2008, 03:55 AM
I can't understand people bitching after hearing only bunch of 20 sec clips. I know it's been tough 4½ years waiting, but calm down.

And yes most of the songs sound great. I think Stuff Is Messed Up is gonna be my favorite. :D It sounds cool.

Grabbal
06-03-2008, 04:53 AM
Simply put, I think it sounds amazing.

ernesto88
06-03-2008, 05:10 AM
all songs are too great!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait for 17/06....!!!!!

Jack-UK
06-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Is it just me or does Dexter sing "POONTANG at the end of my road" on the end of the Trust In You clip :D

Jesus
06-03-2008, 05:48 AM
2)Trust In You
3)Hammerhead

I really think you have some anger management issues dude.
This is what he said when hammerhead came out: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1102793&postcount=11

Count Orlok
06-03-2008, 06:39 AM
I also think this album has a similar situation like Ixnay.
Much experimentation,but still offspring-ish sound.And fun.
My ratings of the 30 seconds of the songs so far:
Half-Truism: nice,but not my favourite 9/10
Trust In You: fast,loud,great,very good guitars,smash-ish 10/10
You´re Gonna Go Far,Kid: catchy,but kinda hard,really cool 10/10
Hammerhead: love it,hard,serious 10/10
A Lot Like Me: I like it really,nice chorus,remembers me on Amazed 9/10
Takes Me Nowhere: nice rythm,hard,really cool,catchy 10/10
Kristy: don´t like it much,i´m not a fan of soft songs 7/10
Nothingtown: not bad,very happy sound 8/10
Stuff´s Messed Up: jokingly,but hard and catchy,really cool 10/10
Fix You: based on this 30 seconds:slow,no really melody 6/10 but remember:only a preview
Let´s Hear It For Rock Bottom: happy sound,ska style guitars 8/10
Rise And Fall: fast,similar to americanidiot,but harder 8/10

So i´m looking forward to RAFRAG,i think it don´t sound like their best album to date(which is Ignition imo),but i think it´s a good album which i will like as much as Ixnay:D

GunForHire
06-03-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm also getting an Ixnay vibe from this album.

As for the tracks themselves, I'm not going to pass judgement from 20 second clips in shitty bit-rate.

medi01
06-03-2008, 07:19 AM
The album kicks ass all songs are soundin fairly good

Top Songs: YGGFK, hammerhead, Half-truism, R & F, Stuff is messed up, Takes me nowhere, nothingtown EDIT: and Trust in You...how did i forget that one!

Not so good: Kristy are you doing ok?

i don't mind fix you too much even though it's a bit of a rip off 'chasing cars' by snow patrol . reminds me of Denial revisited, a powerful love song.

I think it'd be a shame if kristy is the second single. it really doesn't sound too good IMO

Lord_Gabo
06-03-2008, 07:28 AM
:cool::cool:
I really think you have some anger management issues dude.
This is what he said when hammerhead came out: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1102793&postcount=11

ahaahaahahahha . This album is AWESOME !!!! AMAZING!!!! POWERFUL!!! SO....DIFFERENT!!!!

and if you don't like it?

is not my trouble!:cool::cool:

Unnatural Disaster
06-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Now that I listen to it again, Rise and Fall doesn't sound exactly like American Idiot, but it definitely reminds me of a Green Day style song.

JeromeFleur
06-03-2008, 07:58 AM
On overall, I think it is a great album... a lot of great catchy songs.
Would make excellent, perfect singles :
- Hammerhead (...)
- Half-truism
- You're gonna go far kid
- A lot like me
- Stuff is messed up

"I'm telling you, Shit is fuuuuuucked uuuuuuppp !" hahaha amazing ! Another great line, along with "dance fucker dance!" i fuckin love the attitude !
A lot like me have so much feeling, remind me of amazed.

As others, i didn't really like Kristy are you doing okay? Sorry to say that, I guess people will want to beat me up, but... it reminded me of simple plan... But aniway, this is just a 30s preview... the song is 3:40 long, and I guess it will maybe grow on me...

The end of the album seems weaker. But hey, this is just previews, and the songs are like 3-4minutes long !

Jesus
06-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Now that I listen to it again, Rise and Fall doesn't sound exactly like American Idiot, but it definitely reminds me of a Green Day style song.
It's probably because the intro sounds familiar (Green Day/D4). But the longer the sample goes on the more the song is different.

Camilamazed
06-03-2008, 08:00 AM
*Being a bitch*

I still think it's too early to have an opinion about the CD with only 30 seconds of each song.

I'm going to see a lot of people changing their opinions... Woo hoo..

Jesus
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Nothing wrong with being a bitch, hell it's better than a bunch whiners here ;).

SeanAshmore
06-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Don't listen to An-DICK-Ko (see what i did there? did ya? arnt i so witty.) This is exactly what i was hoping for from this album. it still has all the expected offspring sound and hooks with songs like trust in you, hammerhead and half-trusim but they have also successfully experimented with new sounds with songs like fix you and a lot like me (which i think along with half-truism will be my favourites).

I think its about time for a massive offspring comeback and this album has what it takes to do it. Maybe they could do a tour with Rick Astley(joke).

Camilamazed
06-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Nothing wrong with being a bitch, hell it's better than a bunch whiners here ;).

Thanks, now I don't feel so bad.;)

cool_dexter
06-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I can compare thi album to Americana, but with little bit more poppy songs

my order :

Takes Me Nowhere
Half truism
Trust in you
Hammerhead
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

Biggest offspring fan
06-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I loved it! I simply can't find any words for it, sounds so fucking awsome. But i can agree to that they have changed their sound.

The_Bass
06-03-2008, 08:29 AM
They will probably have it around 9/10 June here :).

I could not resist listening to Fix You, the pianosong. Now I've heart 5/12 songs...

I think I can make it that week.

Manic Subsida
06-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Wow, shit I'm amazed. Positive and negative. No... POSITIVE! =D
This is gonna be a great album. Some people will like at alot, some will dislike it and some will say it's ok, because we all have different taste. But I think most of us will love it. ^^

Offspring has made some songs with totally new style - the "soft" songs (a couple with piano too). I think that's good, but that's of course the songs I (we) dislike (or not used to) most. I'll put it up this way:

Soft songs: A Lot Like Me (piano, soft but powerful chorus as Gone Away), Kristy Are You Doing Okay? (surprised. "what a bunch of crap" - mtv in the park"), Fix You (piano).

Hard songs: Trust In You (good old ones), Hammerhead.

Others: Half-Truism, Your Gonna Go Far Kid, Takes Me Nowhere, Nothingtown, Stuff Is Messed Up ("joke" song, cool!), Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom, Rise And Fall (something like "American Idiot").

I most like Trust In You (good old ones like "All I Want, Cool To Hate, MOL", wish they had more songs like that, and more hard ones) and all of the "others". The soft songs are nice too, but that's not Offspring and we never heard it before - but we'll be used to it, and love it. ^^

So I think this gonna be a great album. And hey, we haven't heard the full songs yet, so this is gonna be great!

..and one thing.
"# Genres: Alternative Rock, Alternative Rock/General"
Not punk-rock? Well, I think it's punk rock AND Alternative rock now.

Dirty Magic
06-03-2008, 08:34 AM
I just remembered this too... most bands put up their entire album for streaming on their myspace page a few days or a week before the album is released so their is a good chance we will be able to hear the entire album mid next week sometime!

Jesus
06-03-2008, 08:36 AM
They will probably have it around 9/10 June here :).

I could not resist listening to Fix You, the pianosong. Now I've heart 5/12 songs...

I think I can make it that week.
lol, maybe you should do one a day or so.

I just remembered this too... most bands put up their entire album for streaming on their myspace page a few days or a week before the album is released so their is a good chance we will be able to hear the entire album mid next week sometime!
Prolly on the same day as it's released in Japan, the 11th then. But I think it'll leak sooner though.

Kristy Are You Doing Okay? (surprised. "what a bunch of crap" - mtv in the park")
That had to do with the content of the lyrics.

Devidence
06-03-2008, 08:44 AM
I've decided to pass up the samples and hold out for the full release / leak. I'm going to buy it either way, but hey.

Just on comparison, Hammerhead's sample sounds like shit compared to the full track I have. It buries a lot of the sound / production to me.

Free?
06-03-2008, 08:55 AM
*Being a bitch*

I still think it's too early to have an opinion about the CD with only 30 seconds of each song.

I'm going to see a lot of people changing their opinions... Woo hoo..

I remember the same situation with Splinter's 30 sec previews, on previews it sounded more promising than actually the album was. But i honestly believe that we will not be disappointed this time and I'm glad that I didn't listen previews like I did with Splinter.

SketchaMPM
06-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I remember the same situation with Splinter's 30 sec previews, on previews it sounded more promising than actually the album was. But i honestly believe that we will not be disappointed this time and I'm glad that I didn't listen previews like I did with Splinter.

I'm the exact opposite. I didn't like the previews for Splinter but I ended up loving the final album. I LOVE Splinter.

My only complaint was that it was too short.

Jack-UK
06-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Can anyone help me work out those Trust in You lyrics? they sound amazing!

so far i've got

'Cause i am ready,

*insert awesome guitar*

I am the one who blames only you,
The flame in my eyes ????,
Oh, I am the one who wanders alone,
The darkness inside ????

Sound sooo good, but i cant work out the ends of those two lines.. anyone got any ideas? Im just curious..

medi01
06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Can anyone help me work out those Trust in You lyrics? they sound amazing!

so far i've got

'Cause i am ready,

*insert awesome guitar*

The flame in my eyes ????,
The darkness inside ????

Sound sooo good, but i cant work out the ends of those two lines.. anyone got any ideas? Im just curious..

'Cause i am ready,

*insert awesome guitar*

The flame in my eyes that blackens my view,
The darkness inside marks how you shown,

And, ????, at the end of my road,
I wanna move on, i wanna... (and it then fades out)

not sure about the 'shown' in italics. thats my best guess of it all though

Dex90
06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
so far im kinda disappointed..after hearing the first four tracks (HT,TIU,YGFK,HAMMERHEAD) from live versions n samples, i honestly thought this was gonna be the most amazing cd theyve ever made. But, at least form the samples, it sounds like theyve almost completely lost their offspring feel. I've always stuck up for the band when people have said that they sold out, cuz their music was always different than everything else at the time, thats y theyve been my favourite band for so many years, but now it actually sounds as if theyre tryin 2 fit in with whats goin on around them..nothingtown, rock bottom n rise and fall could honestly have come from american idiot, ive always loved offspring cuz their stuff was so much deeper n meaningful, greenday has always been superficial pop punk and i can't believe that offspring made songs like that. Fix you and kristy just sound like their tryin to fit in with the whiney rock thats on the radio, i really hope that after i hear the cd i realise i was completely wrong, but so far it seems like bob rock has changed them too much. Trust in you is just amazing, as well as half truism hammerhead an ygfk, Im fine with slow songs cuz ive always wanted to hear offspring do slow stuff, but the greenday style songs are just embarassing,It sounds like the second half of the cd is aimed at 13 yr old pop rock lovers. i hope they turn out differently in the full versions.

IamSam
06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
You people need to stop complaining on three counts:

1. It's a 30 second clip. The 30 second clip of Hammerhead doesn't really do the song justice, so how can we know that these clips will do the song justice?

2. "Selling out" and "getting soft" are repeated over and over again in this thread and it makes me lol. I'm guessing you people who are saying this are the same people that would have listened to a 30 second clip of 'Gone Away' and complained about it.

3. The "Green Day" comparisons aren't all bad. Bands borrow all the time, and, from what I hear, the small elements they have borrowed from them are good elements from Dookie/Nimrod days.

I think it's sad that a bunch of you are crying over a low quality, 30 second clip. It shows me you lack maturity, common sense, and an open mind.

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Agreed with IamSam.

There's another thread of comments on the previews. Please continue to discuss them there.