PDA

View Full Version : dexter's vocals

Nemesis881
06-03-2008, 10:30 AM
did dexter use some kind of auto-tune on his voice for 'me and my old lady'? I can hardly believe he gets his vocals that high in that song.

Also is it just me or does the "falling!" part of 'have you ever' sound like its sung out of tune on the album?

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
1. I don't think so. Auto-Tune is much more 'forgiving' on male voices because they're lower. On a note that high, I would think you'd hear that robotic audio signature it leaves behind. Unless the engineer was really good, I think it's all him.

2. It's just you.

Hypodermic_89
06-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Does it really matter?

spidey255
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
He sings higher, and much more harshly, in She's Got Issues.

GunForHire
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
On the subject of autotune I definitely get a hint of it in the harmonies in Half Truism, from the Amazon preview.

medi01
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
On the subject of autotune I definitely get a hint of it in the harmonies in Half Truism, from the Amazon preview.

yeah i thought that, and with a few of the other previews to.

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Does it really matter?

Nope.

yeah i thought that, and with a few of the other previews to.

The previews are so compressed that everything sounds robotic like it would with Auto-Tune. You really won't be able to tell until you hear the album for reals.

IamSam
06-03-2008, 01:00 PM
The previews are so compressed that everything sounds robotic like it would with Auto-Tune. You really won't be able to tell until you hear the album for reals.

Damn! Beat me to it!

Audio (and in a different sense JPEG) compression does weird things to files.

GunForHire
06-03-2008, 01:05 PM
That's cool, it wouldn't really bother me anyway. They'd hardly be the first band to use autotune.

medi01
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Damn! Beat me to it!

Audio (and in a different sense JPEG) compression does weird things to files.

it does change the whole sound though and the previews are at 64kbps which is better quality than anything u'll hear on youtube... i'm sure they'll sound different to the high quality cd, but i still think they've changed the audio...but thats just my opinion

[[Meli.x]]
06-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I dont think it matters how the sounds are made...
Just the fact that they are damn well awesome makes it all okay XD
I personally prefer the way Dexter Holland sounds in songs like Totalimmortal and Lightning Rod rather than in songs like Pretty Fly and Come out and Play, but i guess thats just my opinion.
xx

randman21
06-04-2008, 01:38 AM
He sings higher, and much more harshly, in She's Got Issues.
Yep, and higher still for a short time in the "Sin City Cover".