PDA

View Full Version : What you don't like about them CLOSED??

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 05:16 PM
WTF? no one complained!

RonWelty
06-04-2008, 05:18 PM
this forum now lives like in a nazi system... some times i understand why the mods act, but in others times i feel like : WTF!?!

HAIL MODERATORS

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 05:21 PM
It's fucking stupid......there is NO FUCKING REASON

SmashMyBadHabit
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Make that two....

brothadave79
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Don't look surprised if this one gets shut down too.

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 05:28 PM
i bet it's a girl........mrs moderator

jacknife737
06-04-2008, 05:39 PM
This thread will be locked/deleted soon, as it should be. This forum already has enough bitching on it, no need to start another thread dedicated to it. Focus on what you like about the band, not what you dislike.

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
but we talked about what we like soooo many times.....it's not a sin to tell what should be better.....it's like you don't wanna see the truth.....stupid I-Dont-have-opinion freaks...........:mad:

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
so.... what did i miss?^^

Biggest offspring fan
06-04-2008, 06:06 PM
They always have a reason to close/delete a thread. Where you thinking of a special thread?

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:08 PM
since their is a thread closed with almost exact the same name, i guess she means that one^^

I was hanging out in another forum for a long time..
and without judging the mods here, i guess it's kinda normal they have their dictatirship times, always hated it too. But as i tried ti fight it, they just kicked me out of the forum for a while. so theirs no chance to argue i guess. power is always gonna be missused :D

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
nevermind.........there is no justice in this world....actually that was talking to myself..

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
too bad you're right, but don't give up the fight^^

Rave21
06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
And i'm sick of those cereal boxes that SUPPOSEDLY hav those prizes inside, and then u buy it and find out u hav to buy more for the Proof of Purchase thingamabobbers! I mean what the heck?! all I want is the Lightning racecar! who said i even like the cereal?! let alone buy like 5 more or whatever. What is Happening to the world we live in?.................ya kno?........right?

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I#m glad the cereal gimmicks really suck in germany :D

bighead384
06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Although I think people should be able to criticize The Offspring, it might not be a good idea to have a whole thread about it...

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Although I think people should be able to criticize The Offspring, it might not be a good idea to have a whole thread about it...

why not? what are you afraid of people?

jacknife737
06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
why not? what are you afraid of people?

A thread where a lot of the posts are "their too fat" or "their too old!" is not productive. If you don't like the way the mods run things here, you're free to leave.

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:26 PM
since im new here i don't really wanna like.. seem bad or something but.. i had the impression that this forum got a lot of stupid threads just for fun, with maybe even less productiv stuff. correct me if im wrong :o

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
A thread where a lot of the posts are "their too fat" or "their too old!" is not productive. If you don't like the way the mods run things here, you're free to leave.

I think there were lots of productive critics too...

Ryder1234
wait, what are we talking about?

shanna_guarana
since im new here i don't really wanna like.. seem bad or something but.. i had the impression that this forum got a lot of stupid threads just for fun, with maybe even less productiv stuff. correct me if im wrong :o

so damn right

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:31 PM
i just thought.. that it's maybe more producitve to give his thoughts how to improve the offspring (yay, we shouldn't even speak it out loud :D ) than to.. give the songs titles referring to bananas xD

just a little comparison :rolleyes:

shanna_guarana
06-04-2008, 06:35 PM
i just thought.. that it's maybe more producitve to give his thoughts how to improve the offspring (yay, we shouldn't even speak it out loud :D ) than to.. give the songs titles referring to bananas xD

just a little comparison :rolleyes:

yeah.......

Rave21
06-04-2008, 06:35 PM
it might be, but this is kinda fun( the banana thing that is)

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah it really is... so is their gonna be a party-pooper again?

( i just looked this funny word up in a dictonary.. crazy one :p )

06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Mod's are becoming increasingly more and more gay as the album approaches. They are just being cocks to everyone. Fuck the system. And to quote PW, fuck authority. :D Fuck any authoritive figure period. :D

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah.. thats actually what i meant.. just couldn't since im new.. i wanted to.. behave :D

Ryder1234
06-04-2008, 07:26 PM
i had the impression that this forum got a lot of stupid threads just for fun, with maybe even less productiv stuff.

ive been noticing this too, it seems that lately the threads (in GOD at least) being made are pretty pointless, and overall there's been a lack in posting.

i kinda wish it was the way it was back when I joined. I dont even remember if it was good then, but maybe I just didnt know much about the Offspring and was learning more.

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
ive been noticing this too, it seems that lately the threads (in GOD at least) being made are pretty pointless, and overall there's been a lack in posting.

i kinda wish it was the way it was back when I joined. I dont even remember if it was good then, but maybe I just didnt know much about the Offspring and was learning more.

that's another thing everybodys says about any other forum he's on :D
But isn't it a fact that everything was better back in time?^^

sidfarkus
06-04-2008, 08:00 PM
of all the places to bitch about a band their own fucking website has got to be the worst place to do it. plus we're on the eve of a new album we've been waiting five fucking years for... get over it

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 08:03 PM
duuuuude, it all reminds me so much of the system of a down forum when mezmerize/hypnotize came out.

And i didn't care of all the kids back than and I won't care abut all the kids now!

Everybody was a kid. 2 years ago you did have your fun with a thread. Now they are the next in line.

So where's the problem? I fuckin never understanded all the mods freakin out on this for no reason. Nothings gonna happen if an old thread comes up. And if your tired of it. go an look for the thread you wanna.

Oh man i said this so often and it never worked, so why am i doin it again?

yay, i really should shut the fuck up :D

jim109109
06-04-2008, 08:03 PM
of all the places to bitch about a band their own fucking website has got to be the worst place to do it. plus we're on the eve of a new album we've been waiting five fucking years for... get over it

not bitching my friend, constructive criticism!
Obviously, pretending that offspring is flawless is foolish and shows a big deal of ignorance!

jim109109
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
duuuuude, it all reminds me so much of the system of a down forum when mezmerize/hypnotize came out.

And i didn'tcare of all the kids back than and I won't care abut all the kids now!

Everybody was a kid. 2 years ago you di have your fun with a thread. Now they are the next in line.

So where's the problem? I fuckin never understanded all the mods freakin out on this for no reason. Nothings gonna happen if an old thread comes up. And if your tird of it. go an look for the thread you wanna to.

Oh man i said this so often and it never worked, so why am i doin it again?

yay, i really should shut the fuck up :D

if you create a new thread about something that's already posted you get reprimanded.

if you revive an old thread with what you wanted to post about you get reprimanded.

there's no way to please 'em

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
damn, you quoted it before i corrected it^^

yes, thats just the way it is, so theres only one solution. create a new forum for the new generation :)

Ryder1234
06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
post a new thread about an old subject in a different forum (general chat etc) and they wont remember it (or you may have to play dumb and say you posted in there by accident). then you get positive respones before someone else from GOD comes along and goes " WTF close dis shiz use da serch buttonz rofl! "

hmm... there's something wrong with that logic...

Johnny Birdbrook
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
wow, you totally confused me dude :o

sneedo
06-04-2008, 09:11 PM
The mods are indeed getting more and more out of control, banning people for no reason (Ryder1234) and locking and deleting threads for no reason.

Seriously it's time to switch out the mods, some of these fucks are having too much of a power trip, yes I'm looking at you little miss whore.

06-04-2008, 09:14 PM
The mods are indeed getting more and more out of control, banning people for no reason (Ryder1234) and locking and deleting threads for no reason.

Seriously it's time to switch out the mods, some of these fucks are having too much of a power trip, yes I'm looking at you little miss whore.

Fuck yeah! Fight the power! +1

hshduppsnt
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Maybe we should give them a bit of a break?

Ever consider people are telling them to be extra harsh right now because the album is coming out?

Camilamazed
06-04-2008, 09:50 PM

Hope you don't get banned for that.

=\

gabrielpatriarca
06-04-2008, 10:01 PM

LOL

you mean Ixnay on the Hombre then...

sneedo
06-04-2008, 10:03 PM
ixnay on the lutsay

gabrielpatriarca
06-04-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL!!
I just got that hehe

Black
06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
There's no debate. This board is about positive and constructive coversation regarding the band.

Ryder1234
06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
some of these fucks are having too much of a power trip, yes I'm looking at you little miss whore.

hooray! i got mentioned!
hopefully you dont get banned for that though, if you do, hopefully its omly temporary.

i do kinda agree about the power trip, altough it wasnt as bad as it orignally looked. she could have at least asked me by PM first though, because i had no idea about it.

Conspiracyof1000
06-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I've never been at a forum before with so much arguing. :mad:

Ryder1234
06-04-2008, 11:01 PM
i agree. stop arguing

HeadAroundU
06-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Sneedo, shut the fuck up. I would ban him. Permanently.

IamSam
06-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I've never been at a forum before with so much arguing. :mad:

It's because people think it's punk.

"AH! Tru PUNX! Fight da man! Anarky!"

For reals...some people need to grow up past the '14-year-old-mom-won't-let-me-stay-out-past-midnight' phase and realize that in this world their opinion really doesn't matter because in 1000 years no one will remember your name.

Ryder1234
06-04-2008, 11:49 PM
so im a good 14 y/o? :D:rolleyes:
anarchy is not the answer

Conspiracyof1000
06-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Yes. You are a good 14-year-old. From what I've seen. :)
Why is everyone so obsessed with fighting the system? I listen to punk (thanks to my dad who loves 80s punk), and I really feel no need to be all "I'M FULL OF ANGER FIGHT THE MAN!" and hit people in the face for looking at me funny.
I don't know what I'm talking about anymore...

F@ BANKZ
06-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Sneedo, shut the fuck up. I would ban him. Permanently.

Why make a martyr of him? Nobody's listening anyway.

bighead384
06-05-2008, 01:03 AM
It's because people think it's punk.

"AH! Tru PUNX! Fight da man! Anarky!"

For reals...some people need to grow up past the '14-year-old-mom-won't-let-me-stay-out-past-midnight' phase and realize that in this world their opinion really doesn't matter because in 1000 years no one will remember your name.

You're an asskisser.

Superdope
06-05-2008, 03:14 AM
i bet it's a girl........mrs moderator

this forum now lives like in a nazi system... some times i understand why the mods act, but in others times i feel like : WTF!?!

HAIL MODERATORS

Mod's are becoming increasingly more and more gay as the album approaches. They are just being cocks to everyone. Fuck the system. And to quote PW, fuck authority. Fuck any authoritive figure period.

Fuck yeah! Fight the power! +1

You're an asskisser.

Congratulations!

You have all just completed your tru punx training period! here's your diploma!

Now leave this board and it's totalitarian regime, and go out in the real world and start some fires... you know, bring down the man... with fire... right? isn't that what you should be doing?

RageAndLov
06-05-2008, 03:36 AM
i dont see the point of locking that thread of what should be improved with the band

disclaimer_07
06-05-2008, 05:31 AM
i dont see the point of locking that thread of what should be improved with the band

Me neither.

06-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Congratulations!

You have all just completed your tru punx training period! here's your diploma!

Now leave this board and it's totalitarian regime, and go out in the real world and start some fires... you know, bring down the man... with fire... right? isn't that what you should be doing?

Am tru punx now?!1! Awsum!

But on a serious note, maybe this board needs some people that are able to express their true feelings and have some balls.

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2008, 10:16 AM
This thread will be locked/deleted soon, as it should be. This forum already has enough bitching on it, no need to start another thread dedicated to it. Focus on what you like about the band, not what you dislike.

To these posts, I agree. Think about it like this -- the band, their families, people who work with them, they can all view the forums if they like, and does it really help make this community a better place to have an entire thread filled with page after page of "They're too fat" "They're old" "Dexter is totes balding"? I understand not having much else to talk about, but we need to try and keep this place a little more positive. Of course everyone is free to criticise the band. But let's not open it up into a major bitchfest.

First of all, Ryder was unbanned after we discussed things because the IP logs did implicate his username with trolls who have been banned. Ryder's a good guy and we worked it out. Thanks for noticing. Secondly, are you even capable of having a discussion without being infantile? But I give you points for being soooo incredibly punk.

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 11:05 AM
ok, the discussion is over.....PEOPLE, PLEASE DON'T HAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS, LOVE EVERYTHING THEY DO, CAUSE THEY HAVE FAMILIES...:confused:....go on, close this thread, what are you waiting for?

IamSam
06-05-2008, 11:07 AM
ok, the discussion is over.....PEOPLE, PLEASE DON'T HAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS, LOVE EVERYTHING THEY DO, CAUSE THEY HAVE FAMILIES...:confused:....go on, close this thread, what are you waiting for?

She didn't say that at all now, did she? Maybe you should let sleeping dogs lie.

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2008, 11:08 AM

Dude, cut it out. I do this as a volunteer job because I love the band and I don't deserve this bullshit. Just like they don't deserve an entire thread of "OMFG THEY FAT AND OLD."

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 11:12 AM
niehhhh....:cool:...everything comes back on the same.....love offspring, or at least pretend....or shut up...and leave...stupid I-Have-No-Opinion freaks..

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-05-2008, 11:16 AM
In my opinion, they aern't "fat and old".

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2008, 11:16 AM
niehhhh....:cool:...everything comes back on the same.....love offspring, or at least pretend....or shut up...and leave...stupid I-Have-No-Opinion freaks..

No one is actually squashing your opinions.

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 11:32 AM
we need to say....

BREAK
06-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Bein positive's so uncool.

pulstar
06-05-2008, 12:48 PM
thread back open, so what i wanted to say yesterday... :
they could put some pictures in their cd booklets again. like ignition. cool pics there!

Jesus
06-05-2008, 01:03 PM
So, what don't you like about Ethiopians?

nieh
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
niehhhh

whaaaaaaaat?

ad8
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
---->"post here when you're drunk" thread

Bein positive's so uncool.

I hate your band and I hate TV
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery

jacknife737
06-05-2008, 02:20 PM

lawlz 12345678910

HeadAroundU
06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
whaaaaaaaat?
Lolollll

I think that nieh means no in her Kosovan language. :d

Mota Boy
06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
This thread should totally be in my forum.

/srsly, it's lonely in there

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
This thread should totally be in my forum.

/srsly, it's lonely in there

MB, you can have it. Shall I move it?

holland25
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
whaaaaaaaat?

I totally knew you would reply to that.

Johnny Birdbrook
06-05-2008, 02:46 PM
pulstar did proove that there is a good way to use this thread, so why don't we just use it as it's sopposed to be used?

i think that it's sad that they don't have an intro and outro this time :(

and i dislike that splinter broke the chain of albums that had the last song title as album title. (since smash)

disclaimer_07
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
pulstar did proove that there is a good way to use this thread, so why don't we just use it as it's sopposed to be used?

i think that it's sad that they don't have an intro and outro this time :(

and i dislike that splinter broke the chain of albums that had the last song title as album title. (since smash)

There was no song called Ixnay On The Hombre.

jacknife737
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM

The last track on Americana was Pay the Man.

brothadave79
06-05-2008, 02:52 PM

"Huck It" was the last track on many copies of Conspiracy of One.

Jesus
06-05-2008, 02:55 PM
So combine the last 3 posts and you get one hell of a tradition of not having the album title as a final track.

ThunderPX
06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
EDIT: I REED GUD

fuck caps filter

Johnny Birdbrook
06-05-2008, 02:57 PM
yeah, i even new it when i was posting.. just hoped nobody would mention it... man i must be stupid, i'm on a offspring fan forum :D

edit: ok dudes, you're all right! (but huck it doesn't count to me) now chiiiil! :D

holland25
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
EDIT: I REED GUD

You shouldn't have edited the post. Someone would have started to complain about how it had been said before and remind you that there are also some previous pages on the thread. No fun now.

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Hope you don't get banned for that.

=\

Thanks, Camila, you're awesome.

Maybe we should give them a bit of a break?

Ever consider people are telling them to be extra harsh right now because the album is coming out?

The board's traffic is getting much, much heavier now that we're close to the album and it's getting heavier all the time. This means, apparently, more trolls, more disruptive behavior, and more work for the moderators. But we do it because we want this place to be awesome. I think a lot of people just got used to it being a sleepy little place where not a whole lot happened so everyone just pretty much did whatever the hell they wanted with little fear of repercussions. Things are a bit different now.

There's no debate. This board is about positive and constructive coversation regarding the band.

I like this.

Exactly. The rules are posted in every forum, and the moderators enforce them.

Jesus
06-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Someone would have started to complain about how it had been said before and remind you that there are also some previous pages on the thread.
So why didn't you do that :(.

Jesus
06-05-2008, 03:20 PM
The board's traffic is getting much, much heavier now that we're close to the album and it's getting heavier all the time.
Yeah I noticed, the board is having slower loading times at certain moments.

There's no debate. This board is about positive and constructive coversation regarding the band.I like this.
Knowing this place they'll probably interpret constructive in a queer eye for the straight guy way and start recommending anti-aging cremes and different dietes.

holland25
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
So why didn't you do that :(.

I don't know. Should I?

disclaimer_07
06-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Wow, disappearing posts.

4eh
06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
i know Tijs since he had theoffspring.info and actually i know Little_Miss since i've been on this forum. the obly thing i can say about them that is my total respect for work they do. Maybe it's sometimes wrong but make your own web page, make it popular and then try to "clear up" all the mess people do. As i'm in the team that owns Russian The Offspring Portal i should tell you that after we had more than 1,000 people registered in our forum it's a great job to clean all the shit that lamers do and it's totally hard to stop the offtops and flood in forums, so CLOSing is right decision even sometimes it may be rude.

Jesus
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
i know Tijs since he had theoffspring.info and actually i know Little_Miss since i've been on this forum. the obly thing i can say about them that is my total respect for work they do. Maybe it's sometimes wrong but make your own web page, make it popular and then try to "clear up" all the mess people do. As i'm in the team that owns Russian The Offspring Portal i should tell you that after we had more than 1,000 people registered in our forum it's a great job to clean all the shit that lamers do and it's totally hard to stop the offtops and flood in forums, so CLOSing is right decision even sometimes it may be rude.

Only thing I can add, is that I prefer closing topics over deleting them (except when they are like: download rafrag here and there). Because if you delete them then the next day a person that wasn't here goes "hey I found something new which isn't posted yet" and the shit starts over.

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
whaaaaaaaat?

actually, that was the sound when you want to say whatever, but you don't say it...cause you're to lazy...and bored...:D sorry:p

disclaimer_07
06-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Once I was surprised to see my postcount decreased by 10 posts. Guess they were all wiped off the face of the forum.

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 04:49 PM
in her Kosovan language.
wtf?!......

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 04:53 PM
1565, just say that you had closed the thread....

hshduppsnt
06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
1565, just say that you had closed the thread....

wow we're still talking about this?

What difference does it make if she closed it or not? It was deemed necessary to close and thats sort of it. There has been a lot of bitching going on that has actually been let go so don't start up with the we can only say cheery stuff.. you want to argue that they're sometimes harsh fine, but you've all made your comments the mods have responded why are we repeating ourselves? Get over it.

06-05-2008, 05:57 PM
So it's like safe to say that everyone hates the Little Miss chick right now? :confused:

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 06:01 PM
So it's like safe to say that everyone hates the Little Miss chick right now? :confused:

noooo...they should kill us....

RageAndLov
06-05-2008, 06:02 PM
i dont hate her, i think she's a objective moderator and are doing a great job!
so is tjis! he gotta live in this place :P

Mota Boy
06-05-2008, 06:03 PM
One of the issues that the moderators as a whole have to deal with is that we're being pulled at by two different constituencies. On one hand, this is owned and operated by the band and its management. On the other, this is a place for its fans. And within the fans, there is the individual that wishes to do whatever he or she wants, whatever he or she feels like, and then there is the broader community that has to put up with his or her bullshit. We attempt to straddle the line between those two desires, knowing that, sometimes, pleasing one means pissing off the other (and that, of our options, it's probably best to err on the side of not pissing off the band).

Though I may joke about it, I'm quite relieved to have a quiet forum in which to reign, as it greatly cuts down on the tough decisions I have to make. I personally don't think I could deal with overseeing a forum of this size with only one other person and balancing it out with living a life. I'm not going to personally vouch for all the decisions that Tijs and LM'65 make as I don't hang around the forum enough to be familiar with every last one of them, but I can certainly vouch for their wisdom and good temperaments, especially under a high workload and often hostile working conditions. They might not always - in fact, given the two different groups they're trying to please, they will not always - make decisions that leave everyone happy, but that does not mean that anything about the way the board operates is changing, or that we're all aboard a slow boat to fascism.

What it can lead to, however, is more people attempting to test the limits once they discover them, more people that get themselves riled up and want to see how far they go, which in turn leads to the limits (flaming, NSFW pictures, pointless necroposting, etc.) become more and more relevant. Yes, big shock, you can "go too far" on this forum, especially if you try so hard, but the edges of acceptability aren't an issue, generally, unless you're trying to find them. And decisions made are neither final nor indicators of sweeping new policies - if you have a problem, sending a PM to a moderator or attempting to reason with them/us is just as likely to work - hell, perhaps even more so - than reacting with shock, outrage or anger, not to mention better on your blood pressure. Yes Virginia, this is a dictatorship, but it's a pretty damned benevolent one. No point in getting all irate and needlessly activist just for activisms sake and making us go all Tiananmen Square on your asses (just so we're clear, I only have a couple people in mind when I say this).

Standard disclaimer - the words and views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of the band, the forum or the moderators as a whole. Terms and conditions apply.

MB, you can have it. Shall I move it?Nah, I just like whining. I know my forum is a bit of a death sentence for a relevant thread, and since this does apparently deal with modding issues regarding discussing the band itself, it's probably better off here. If anything gets too off-topic, however, you know where to send it.

jim109109
06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I made a post here and it got deleted (it talked about how little miss would influence the other mods to maybe become like her (aka evil))
Then I made a post here highlighting the fact that my other post got deleted, and that this bbs was becoming like a communist regime where the ruling force decided what was viewed and what wasn't. This post also got deleted.

I'm making this post to simply inform you of these two deleted posts. I don't know if this post will be deleted too, but I assume it will. To those who manage to read it, good job. (There really isn't any reason for this to be deleted considering some people even called the mods "whores" and their posts weren't deleted (which wasn't necessarily a bad thing but kind of unfair that all my posts get deleted nowadays). I hope you feel guilt when you delete this, mods!

jim109109
06-05-2008, 06:08 PM
plz dont delete
plz dont delete
plz dont delete...

hshduppsnt
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM

No, just the people who feel personally slighted for whatever immature reason. I think moderating all the stuff that goes on here is ridiculously hard and whether I agree with the decision or not you have to respect that they're voluntarily doing a job. I think they're doing a damned fine one at that

noooo...they should kill us....

you're not making any sense any more...A lot of people have had threads closed or deleted and you should think of it this way, at least you're being allowed to continually bash the mods because you feel personally slighted... so don't make it seem like all we can say is oh we love so and so...

and finally - we should all read MotaBoy's post and try not to pick it apart but look at it objectively

jacknife737
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM

No offence guy, but please just shut up about this.

hshduppsnt
06-05-2008, 06:11 PM

greater words of wisdom have not been spoken on here in a while... we should all just drop this already...

shanna_guarana
06-05-2008, 06:16 PM
you're not making any sense any more...A lot of people have had threads closed or deleted and you should think of it this way, at least you're being allowed to continually bash the mods because you feel personally slighted... so don't make it seem like all we can say is oh we love so and so...

and finally - we should all read MotaBoy's post and try not to pick it apart but look at it objectively

Nieeehhh....:cool:

06-05-2008, 06:26 PM

No "offence" guy, but you're just gay.

And I was just saying, I have no part in this.

Oh, and I'm not your guy, buddy!

jim109109
06-05-2008, 06:47 PM
No "offence" guy, but you're just gay.

And I was just saying, I have no part in this.

Oh, and I'm not your guy, buddy!

dude...being gay is cool [see my profile]
don't insult gay people by comparing them to THAT guy!

nieh
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM

No, only idiots like Sneedo hate her.

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I understand not having much else to talk about, but we need to try and keep this place a little more positive.

for reals. the album is out in 12 days (at least for me), and I have noticed there being nothing to talk about, so just go away from the forums for a few days, come back when the album is out, and there will be somthing to talk about.

and if you decide to stay, just talk about something productive. it doesnt even have to be about the offspring, try general chat.

jim109109
06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Little mrs seems like a good person, we've had some fun discussions back in the day (when she was starting to lose one she made a post with a bunch of comebacks then said "let sleeping arguments lie" or something, I found that kind of cute). Personally, I'd do her, she's making the forum more interesting with all this controversy, plus she has a cool tattoo.

I support sneedo though, he isn't an idiot, if you've seen any of his posts you'd know that he's a really awesome person, and smart too. He's right about a lot of things, and he dislikes authority, which isn't very surprising (offspring is a punk band, remember?). I'd say about 20% of the forum members here share this anti-authoritarian mentality, me included, sneedo just had the most balls out of any of us with his direct remark.

the hitcher
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
what the hell are we talking about
have i been missing out on soming

nieh
06-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I support sneedo though, he isn't an idiot, if you've seen any of his posts you'd know that he's a really awesome person, and smart too. He's right about a lot of things, and he dislikes authority, which isn't very surprising (offspring is a punk band, remember?). I'd say about 20% of the forum members here share this anti-authoritarian mentality, me included, sneedo just had the most balls out of any of us with his direct remark.

If I remember right, he's older than me and still has the tru-punx "let's fuck the system by inconveniencing people in a volunteer position put in place to keep the peace" mentality of a 14 year old. No offense to any 14 year olds here.

jim109109
06-05-2008, 07:28 PM
If I remember right, he's older than me and still has the tru-punx "let's fuck the system by inconveniencing people in a volunteer position put in place to keep the peace" mentality of a 14 year old. No offense to any 14 year olds here.

I don't see the relevance of your statement. Obviously, most 14 year olds
don't have such an opinion, and secondly there's no age to be punk. A lot of things in our system aren't working out, and we are basically still the same as we've always been. As a race, we're doing nothing to improve our overall behavior, instead focusing on improving our knowledge. Instead of watching gladiator matches, we now watch boxing matches on television or people fighting on youtube. We think of ourselves as more refined when we really aren't. We seriously need to reconsider our whole priorities and values in this society where we'd rather ignore all the wars and problems around the globe as long as we can continue living cozily in our homes. Ignorance is bliss after all.

Conclusion: Punk is not something for 14 year olds, in fact it's quite the contrary, 14 year olds such as yourself fail to understand its true meaning and only look at the superficial elements of punk mentality.

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 07:29 PM
no offence to any 14 year olds here.

none taken! :D
I dont think all 14 y/o act in this way. granted, i act in this way sometimes, but I have complete respect for the mods and other people here

nieh
06-05-2008, 07:41 PM
A lot of things in our system aren't working out, and we are basically still the same as we've always been. As a race, we're doing nothing to improve our overall behavior, instead focusing on improving our knowledge. Instead of watching gladiator matches, we now watch boxing matches on television or people fighting on youtube. We think of ourselves as more refined when we really aren't. We seriously need to reconsider our whole priorities and values in this society where we'd rather ignore all the wars and problems around the globe as long as we can continue living cozily in our homes. Ignorance is bliss after all.

And how does giving volunteer moderators a hard time change any of this?

sneedo
06-05-2008, 07:48 PM
ahahhaah

I'm not against authority at all really I'm just against people that abuse the power given to them.

thanks for the kind words jim109109.

sneedo
06-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I never complained to be tru-punx or whatever it is that you youngsters are talking about, I just hate when people take advantage of others, it goes against everything I believe in.

sneedo
06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I've been toying with the idea of creating an online petition to get little miss 1565 removed from mod status but I'm not sure it would do any good.

HeadAroundU
06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Sneedo is an idiot. He should be banned for a harsh attack on supermod.

sneedo
06-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Sneedo is an idiot. He should be banned for a harsh attack on supermod.

speaking of harsh attacks :(:(:(

:cool:

nieh
06-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I never complained to be tru-punx or whatever it is that you youngsters are talking about, I just hate when people take advantage of others, it goes against everything I believe in.

According to this (http://www.nothingboard.com/index.php?topic=1184.0), you do this all because you hate being censored, not because she's overstepping her boundaries as a moderator.

sneedo
06-05-2008, 08:17 PM
According to this (http://www.nothingboard.com/index.php?topic=1184.0), you do this all because you hate being censored, not because she's overstepping her boundaries as a moderator.

Thanks for assuming that you know every reason why I feel the way I do and I do what I do, I'll come to you more often for guidance, or maybe just for oral.

nieh
06-05-2008, 08:19 PM
No problem.

Mota Boy
06-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Chris Sneed depresses me when I think about him and what his life must be like.

Is he the one that had that ridiculous tattoo on his shoulder?

sneedo
06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
ha, I'm glad you are so concerned about my life, I'm enjoying it that's all that matters.

sneedo
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
you'll have to ask nieh for that shit.

randman21
06-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Come on, guys, is it that serious? In the grand scheme of life, how important is this, really?

Short_Attention_Span
06-05-2008, 10:00 PM
It's not, and it's not like having someone delete your post is the same as a totalitarian government taking control of the airwaves.

This is silly. The Mods have been doing a good job as long as I've been here. If you don't like it, go start your own forum and do as you like. No one's stopping you.
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 10:00 PM
what the hell are we talking about
have i been missing out on soming

Here's a short list of stuff (that I remember) happening:

Thread about what you dislike about The Offspring is made.
Thread above is closed.
This thread is made, discussing why above thread is closed.
This thread turns into a major bitchfest featuring bashing of mods and anarchy.
Everyone yells at everyone.
You show up. :)

:) <-- See that people? It's a happy face, just in case you've never seen one before. Can we all just be happy for a little bit, at least until the album comes out?

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 10:06 PM
zomg anarchy! I r so tru punx! fight da machine!

sorry, had to do it. the forum is dumbing me down

Mota Boy
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
ha, I'm glad you are so concerned about my life, I'm enjoying it that's all that matters.Well, that's good to hear.

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 10:14 PM
zomg anarchy! I r so tru punx! fight da machine!

sorry, had to do it. the forum is dumbing me down

The entire forum, or just this thread?

Why am I still posting here?

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
The entire forum, or just this thread?

mmm... just this thread... i think...

Why am I still posting here?

your guess is as good as mine

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
...Because we're bored?

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 11:04 PM
pretty much.

maybe we should take my advice and leave the forums for a few days. i dont think its healthy to be here so much :p

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Dude, exacly as I saw that my dad popped his head in and said, "There's more to life than Offspring. They're just a band."
As in, he left right now.

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 11:26 PM
so thats twice today that thats happend today?
his powers are remarkable

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM
He knows my routine so well...
It's summer now, so it goes:
Wake up (at 10)
Listen to music
Eat
Listen to music
Blah (while listening to music)
(3 days a week) go to work and listen to music
Go online while listening to music

He even knows exacly what DVD I put in the player!
The CMVC. All the time. Nonstop. I could watch that thing all day and all night and never get tired.

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 11:35 PM
my CMVC doesnt work anymore... :(

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
That sucks. I would die if I couldn't play it to annoy the rest of my family. :D

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 11:42 PM
:D
oh well, I still have Huck It

Conspiracyof1000
06-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I can't find Huck It at any stores around here and I don't feel like ordering it online. My search through pawn shops and used book stores will continue...

Ryder1234
06-06-2008, 12:49 AM
i just asked my local HMV to order one for me. it didnt cost anything except the price to buy it

Jesus
06-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Standard disclaimer - the words and views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of the band, the forum or the moderators as a whole. Terms and conditions apply.
I haven't read past your post, but I doubt most people came to that disclaimer. This isn't politics, this is too long didn't read GOD. It's a shame though.