PDA

View Full Version : First review on rafrag i found

thrice170487
06-05-2008, 02:48 AM
The german mailorder-shop "emp" has a review about rafrag on its site.

http://www.emp.de/bin/shop.php?prog=shop&mid=771&article=435458&funktion=PRODUCTINFO&bildrub=search

Sorry but its in German.

It basicly says, that the new album is way better than splinter :D but the emp-guys don't like their slower and more experimental songs. They even said "a lot like me" is Linkin Park-Style:eek:

Cejus
06-05-2008, 03:01 AM
That was a nice reading, thanks!

Well, having already listened to the previews, it wasn't a very surprising review, but it's good to know that they think it's better than Splinter. It's good to know that they think the songs are catchy. I like 'em catchy :cool:

Ptit Seb
06-05-2008, 03:09 AM
That was a nice reading, thanks!

Well, having already listened to the previews, it wasn't a very surprising review, but it's good to know that they think it's better than Splinter. It's good to know that they think the songs are catchy. I like 'em catchy :cool:

can someone translate it please ?

Cejus
06-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Ok, I'll try, give me some time.

Ptit Seb
06-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Ok, I'll try, give me some time.

thanx man, my deutch is... i mean... i don't speak deutch at all :p

skoko
06-05-2008, 03:33 AM
it had been posted - and it had been translated in another thread

thrice170487
06-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Sorry...I searched for it before posting....but didn't find it

Cejus
06-05-2008, 03:43 AM
meh, I already translated it =( Well, at least I got something to entertain me at work, haha. Anyway, I'll post it:

"Rise and fall, rage and grace" isn't a second "Smash". However, it is better than Splinter, of 2003. That's easy, because the 12 songs have the power to get directly into your brain (just like the single "Hammerhead" and to shine through their texts.

Rumour hast it that The Offspring are since a long time the punk-rocking equivalent to Status Quo: a band that's musically completely predictable, and have been playing the same sounds for 20 years. That's also valid for their new, eighth work, the first one in 5 years. Dexter, Noodles & Co. use their Power-Sound again in this album, which consists of anthem-like melodies, multiple-voices singing, fat riffs and catchy and compact refrains (choruses?). At the same time, however, they also try acoustic ballads (Kristy, are you doing ok?), worn midtempo (Fix you) and electronic bombastic sounding songs, in the best line of Linkin Park (A lot like me). These moments underline the will to change, but also make the listener frown. Because the Offspring are always at their best when they unconcernedly rock, and put politic related texts (Hammerhead), or nasty and catchy melodies. Then, and only then, can "Rise and fall, rage and grace" really convince.

aceizace
06-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks anyway Cejus and thrice170487, I couldn't find the other thread. And yes, refrain means chorus.

Ptit Seb
06-05-2008, 03:51 AM
thanx Cejus :)

Motaboy80
06-05-2008, 03:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S5yYlYsa_Q

Jesus
06-05-2008, 04:02 AM
That review from EMP is based on hearing the album 1 time at the listening session in Berlin. So it doesn't say much actually.