PDA

View Full Version : 12 Days and Counting….

jacknife737
06-05-2008, 06:11 PM
So this probably doesn’t deserve its own thread, but I’m bored. This is probably one of the most highly anticipated albums that I’ve ever had to wait for (the other two being Green Day’s American Idiot, and Against Me!'s New Wave) I’ve been listening to these guys for over a decade, but this is probably the most excited that I’ve ever been for a CD of theirs, or by anyone for that matter.

It almost seems like a couple years ago in 06, i was hoping that the record would be out by December of that year, and then in 2007, again I was convinced we’d have the CD in September, that passed, then I thought December again, and that too passed. When I finally read Dexter’s journal entry telling us the official release date, I almost fucking died. I literally won't be able to keep still for 12 days, I’ve even started jogging, that is how desperate I’ve become.

So things in GOD seem to have gotten a little tense over the past couple days, but every one should just chill, have a beer, and relax.

Cheers to all those who took time to read this.
-Jacknife737

jim109109
06-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Me too! I can hardly fucking wait! I love offspring and their new album is going to kick ass, definitely. Once it's released there'll be a lot more to talk about in this forum, so I look forward to seeing everyone then! (except maybe cock joke, I HATE that guy...:p)

Unnatural Disaster
06-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Once it's released there'll be a lot more to talk about in this forum, so I look forward to seeing everyone then!

I guarantee that once the album is released there will be even more moaning and complaining than there is right now...

T_immortal
06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
5 years of waiting all ends on june 17th, I'm absolutely stoked about this new CD. I just hope we don't have to wait another 5 years to hear another studio release from one of the greatest bands to ever walk this earth (in my humble, insignificant opinion that is :))

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
it doesnt make sense. 12 days seems like forever, but at the same time I cant believe that we're as far as we are into june already!

Alex101
06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
5 years of waiting all ends on june 17th, I'm absolutely stoked about this new CD. I just hope we don't have to wait another 5 years to hear another studio release from one of the greatest bands to ever walk this earth (in my humble, insignificant opinion that is :))

I agree. I'm stoked about the new album and I hope their next one won't take another five years. They shouldn't end up like AC/DC, Nine Inch Nails or Tool, who all take five years making an album.

brian.offspring
06-05-2008, 07:18 PM
This is probably one of the most highly anticipated albums that I’ve ever had to wait for I’ve been listening to these guys for over a decade, but this is probably the most excited that I’ve ever been for a CD of theirs
-Jacknife737

same here dude!

holy shit i want that cd right noow . . .

Jaded skies
06-05-2008, 07:29 PM
all this waiting...kinda makes me feel old. I'm going to go shave.

hshduppsnt
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
man - every Offspring album that has come out I've had a harder and harder time waiting for being more and more excited...

I can't wait for June 17th... it's going to be an amazing day!

RODNEYMULLEN
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I can't wait either. Waiting for new maps of hell wasn't half this hard. Fuck jogging though, i haven't become that desperate. I've just been keeping my mind on other shit, it works. Because at first i was really anticipating the leak, and that made time go by so slooooooooooooow. So i just stoped thinking about it. But when june 17th comes, i'll barely be able to think straight i'll be so exited (and i'll also probley be intoxicated).

Cock Joke
06-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm fucking getting up at 7:00 am and heading over to Best Buy to get that CD! This will most likely be the last time I buy a CD unless Green Day puts one out or Offspring puts out another one.

Just goes to show ya how much I support my favorite bands!

Fall-children
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm fucking getting up at 7:00 am and heading over to Best Buy to get that CD! This will most likely be the last time I buy a CD unless Green Day puts one out or Offspring puts out another one.

Just goes to show ya how much I support my favorite bands!

Aren't you goign to buy the forecoming A.F.I. Ep?

Cock Joke
06-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not a huge AFI fan. If it has good songs, I might get 'em off itunes.

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Funny, about five minutes before I came online my dad mentioned that there were only 12 days left.
I'm so exited. I can't wait. The day after it comes out I have work, so somehow I'm going to hijack the CD player and blast it all day. It's gonna be awesome! :D

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I did what rodneymullen said..I've been anticipating the leak for..pretty much ever. I'm almost getting tired of Hammerhead, and the live versions of Half-Truism and YGGFK. This might be the only album I actally purchase this year..aside from Motley Crue. Can't wait for their new cd either. But this is definently the most excited I've ever been for an album (aside from 311's Don't Tread on Me, which ended up being somewhat dissapointing) I just hope RAFRAG isn't a letdown!

jacknife737
06-05-2008, 09:04 PM
On the 17th i'm going to do what I always do when i buy a cd, lie on my bed, put on some headphones, and think about nothing else for the next 40+ minutes, while trying to fight off the urge to jump around my room like I did when I was 10 listening to Americana. I’ll probably be listening to RAFRAG every day for the next 5-6 months or so. I've not listened to the previews, and on June 1st, i deleted Hammerhead, and the live versions of Half-Truism and YGGFK from my mp3 player.

randman21
06-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Heh, I'm amazed that I kept sane, seeing that I thought this album was going to come out in December of '05, or at the very latest, March '06. I still don't see how I did it. I guess it's called life.

ThunderPX
06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree. I'm stoked about the new album and I hope their next one won't take another five years. They shouldn't end up like AC/DC, Nine Inch Nails or Tool, who all take five years making an album.

Yeah, NIN totally didn't make three albums in two years, one of which was five discs.

Budzy
06-05-2008, 11:55 PM
june 14th in aus. im going to pre-order just incase it runs out :/ i know it probably wont, but if i dont get my CD that day, ill think ill have to do a hammerhead and go on a school masscare or something. i have exams next week. i wish RFRG was the only thing on my mind -.-

OnSpring!
06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
hi guys. 13th June in Ita, maybe i'll get it the day before. i still haven't hear YGGFK and Next to you. "only when the cd will come out, only when the cd will come out..." it's my riddle

holland25
06-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Next to you.

Wut? You meant Trust in You, right?

And I can't wait either. 10 days for me, and I'm getting more and more excited day by day. I've been waiting for Americana, CO1 and Splinter to come out, but this is different.

OnSpring!
06-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Trust in You yeah sorry guys! :)

Komaschwarz
06-06-2008, 01:32 AM

NIN

1989: Pretty Hate Machine
1992: Broken
1994: The Downward Spiral
1999: The Fragile
2005: With Teeth
2007: Year Zero
2008: Ghosts I–IV
2008: The Slip

scream
06-06-2008, 03:05 AM
With only a couple of weeks left between now and the album's release, I'm kinda in awe that it's almost here. I remember waiting for Conspiracy of One (I wasn't a fan until Americana came out) and Splinter, and now here I am waiting for Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

Hypodermic_89
06-06-2008, 03:43 AM
I hate waiting.

Pepsaj
06-06-2008, 04:03 AM
I wonder which solution would be better: to order RAFRAG on some website or go to |normal| shop...

Jack-UK
06-06-2008, 04:12 AM
I'll be waiting for that day to arrive, when i'll feel alive.

I'll be waiting for that day.

Nemesis881
06-06-2008, 05:26 AM
june 17th = ear orgasm.
I can't fucking wait to put the album in my stereo, lay on my bed, and take it all in for hours on end. Hell yea, june 17th should be a fucking holiday! I got summer school that day...so i wont have the album until like 4pm :mad:. I also won't be able to concentrate that day :p

Nemesis881
06-06-2008, 05:27 AM
I wonder which solution would be better: to order RAFRAG on some website or go to |normal| shop...

go to a shop, a online store won't ship until the day its released (so you get it 2-3 days AFTER that) you do want it on the day its released, don't you??

Count Orlok
06-06-2008, 06:01 AM
I´ve only one week left,i think i can survive this^^

Unnatural Disaster
06-06-2008, 06:13 AM
lay on my bed, and take it all in for hours on end.

That sounds dirty...

clocks_R_slow
06-06-2008, 06:25 AM
shit man, i have been countin down these days since i found out the release date a few months back... man, i cant even wait.. less than 2 weeks, my nerves are on some serious edge!

GunForHire
06-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Waiting for a leak has been killing me. Can't believe it still hasn't hit the intertubes yet. Doesn't help that a pack of unspeakable bastards have been circulating fakes either.

Still, it's out on the 12th in some places in Europe so I'm hoping a kind soul torrents it, if it hasn't leaked by then. Either that or my preordered copy arrives like a week early.

jacknife737
06-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Its good to know that i'm not the only one who's slowly going insane waiting for this album!

Obie2trice
06-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Only 7 days left:D:D

genocide_
06-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Nah, I'll have to wait 11 days :/

But still it's very weird to actually realize that it's so near after 5 years of waiting.

IamSam
06-06-2008, 10:38 AM
I guarantee that once the album is released there will be even more moaning and complaining than there is right now...

Quoted for truth.

The tru punx will start bitching when they think that the band has sold out. Then the rest of the BBS will make fun of the tru punx for not understanding that the band do what they want. The tru punx won't realize that nothing is more tru punx than going outside the musical constraints of simple drum beats and 4 power chords. People seem to forget the band is made up of artists that may want to branch out and experiment.

I'm just happy that they are releasing an album that they have put a lot of work into and seem to be really proud of. I'll enjoy the album because it will be The Offspring. I know I'll like it because I like this band. The only way I'd hate it is if they made a bluegrass album (which we know they didn't).

I'm more or less excited about two things:

1. The Leak. I will download this album before purchasing just so I can listen to it. The anxiety is killing me. I enjoy listening to music and trying to figure out what the writer is trying to say, lyrically and musically.

2. The Release. I will buy the album on the day it releases. I will then find out what the lyrics are trying to say once I take the album, and my car, a little ways out of town and spend 40 minutes listening to it and enjoying the new album artwork.

Obie2trice
06-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah same thing here, been waiting for so long and now it`s finally gonna come.

I`m very curious how it will sound

hshduppsnt
06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
The only way I'd hate it is if they made a bluegrass album (which we know they didn't).

You know, ironically, the bluegrass tribute to the offspring isnt that bad :)

Devidence
06-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Damn, I didn't even know they had a bluegrass tribute. The Green day one was...interesting.

And I think we are about 11 years past any "sellout" arguments, come on guys.