PDA

View Full Version : Where's the new Pretty Fly?

gabrielpatriarca
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
It was pretty obvious before huh?
Original Prankster, Hit That... and now what?

We heard the previews and none of the songs seems to be "replacing" pretty fly this time... or am I wrong?

Ryder1234
06-05-2008, 10:23 PM
im pretty sure this is a good thing

randman21
06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
This would be a GOOD thing. Although I like those three songs, they need to get beyond them because people stopped taking them seriously because they didn't actually get the songs. Besides, I totally see "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" as the new "Pretty Fly".

Conspiracyof1000
06-05-2008, 10:27 PM
im pretty sure this is a good thing

What he said.

gabrielpatriarca
06-05-2008, 10:28 PM
What he said.

What you both said.

gabrielpatriarca
06-05-2008, 10:32 PM
This would be a GOOD thing. Although I like those three songs, they need to get beyond them because people stopped taking them seriously because they didn't actually get the songs. Besides, I totally see "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" as the new "Pretty Fly".

I thought about You're Gonna Go Far, Kid... or Half-truism... but both songs seems to be a lot heavier then prankster or hit that.

pol_spain
06-06-2008, 01:49 AM
I think "You're gonna go far, kid" it's the new "pretty fly" too. I think it's clear for everybody.
Don't you think the same?

Jesus
06-06-2008, 02:08 AM
None I think. The only song that comes close is probably "Stuff is messed up" (with the ridiculous lyrics/swearing [atleast in the sample] and lalalalalalalalaalalala [background] vocals), Noodles also said that was sort of the only joke-ish song on it.

I think "You're gonna go far, kid" it's the new "pretty fly" too. I think it's clear for everybody.
Don't you think the same?
nope :-p

Ptit Seb
06-06-2008, 02:13 AM
99.9999 % of people here hope there will be no pretty fly thing in any of the upcoming albums

the only good thing related to this song is the band position for napster and internet downloads

Jesus
06-06-2008, 02:17 AM
I used to like pretty fly though. It has nice sounding guitars, but it's pretty much overplayed now. Don't like hit that (that synth gets annoying for me) and original prankster though.

Besides without pretty fly most people wouldn't be here either. The timing was just perfect for that song too. But can't like a popular song with the teenie girls, yo! That's no punx. For what it's worth during the weenie roast when that song came on, the people on the metallica forums said "finally a good song". So it still appeals to quite a lot of people.

Footman
06-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Haha, mh... Original Prankster is cool.

Pepsaj
06-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Haha, mh... Original Prankster is cool.
Prankster is one of their worts songs ever imho, but it's not really point of this thread. Don't turn it into "which songs do I like and which I don't".
I cannot say which song from RAFRAG will be new PF, cause I don't wanna listen prewiev.

Jack-UK
06-06-2008, 04:15 AM
I would say Stuff is messed up will be the closest on RaFRaG.

The thing about Prankster and Pretty fly is i think the guitar on them both is AMAZING, particularly on prankster... Its just.. over played, and they're kinda 'jokes' so they just don't seem to be so great..

Camilamazed
06-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Even though I like Pretty Fly (So do the guys form Metallica) I hope there won't be a new one.

We need something different. I mean, a new situation.

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Even though I like Pretty Fly (So do the guys form Metallica) I hope there won't be a new one.

We need something different. I mean, a new situation.

I agree, the music needs to change with the times. I honestly believe if the band released Pretty Fly today it wouldn't be such a big hit for them, as it was back in the '90's.

Zee
06-06-2008, 07:43 AM
I honestly believe if the band released Pretty Fly today it wouldn't be such a big hit for them, as it was back in the '90's.

Definitely not. It's all about the timing, what's the current trend. They hit the timing percectly with Smash and Americana, they were just damn lucky. Not any pioneers of music or stuff.

The song itself, I think it's one of the energetic songs out there. Dexter's vocals are one of the best in Pretty Fly, and the guitars owns too. What could be better...

Blackball_
06-06-2008, 07:45 AM
its funny how many people rip on pretty fly. yet worship coap.

theyre only slightly differant, but appeal to the same sort of people. if a band released those two songs as singles one after the other you would think they only had one song to play.

:rolleyes:

Jaded skies
06-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Definitely not. It's all about the timing, what's the current trend. They hit the timing percectly with Smash and Americana, they were just damn lucky. Not any pioneers of music or stuff.

The song itself, I think it's one of the energetic songs out there. Dexter's vocals are one of the best in Pretty Fly, and the guitars owns too. What could be better... Right. With such great artists like Hannah Montana climbing the charts, it only seems fitting they put fix you on the album to compete wit hthat whore of a 15 year old.

randman21
06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
I honestly believe if the band released Pretty Fly today it wouldn't be such a big hit for them, as it was back in the '90's.

Heh, I don't agree with this. I think it was an anti-anthem for white people who didn't know they were being made fun of.

Unnatural Disaster
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
its funny how many people rip on pretty fly. yet worship coap.

theyre only slightly differant, but appeal to the same sort of people. if a band released those two songs as singles one after the other you would think they only had one song to play.

:rolleyes:

Just thought about that.

The guitar parts in the verses are very similar.

Give It To Me Baby = You Gotta Keep 'em Separated

Both have little bonus things at the end of their respective albums.

hshduppsnt
06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Heh, I don't agree with this. I think it was an anti-anthem for white people who didn't know they were being made fun of.

And that is one of the reasons I will forever love that song... I know too many people that fit that profile.

(Also I think its a good song - I also like Original Prankster - I also think Blackball is one of their best songs so anyone who was about to complain there can shut it)

Manic Subsida
06-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Pretty Fly, WDYGAJ and Original Prankster are cool songs. ^^

Take em out
06-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Why are we even debating that 'Pretty Fly' is the comparable track here?

I haven't read the entire thread, so it may have already been said, But I think that 'Come out and play' should be there in 'Pretty Flys' stead.

holland25
06-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Pretty Fly, WDYGAJ and Original Prankster are cool songs. ^^

No, they're not.

IamSam
06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
No, they're not.

Says you. It's a matter of opinion. If he thinks they are cool then they are cool to him. If they are uncool to you then they are uncool to you.

No need to instigate something based on opinion.

pyrostatic_jim
06-06-2008, 06:17 PM
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Only it's much better.

gabrielpatriarca
06-06-2008, 06:34 PM
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Only it's much better.

Maybe... we're gonna be sure when the full version comes out. But the lyrics to this song are fucking great! waaaay better than the others.

Jaded skies
06-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Says you. It's a matter of opinion. If he thinks they are cool then they are cool to him. If they are uncool to you then they are uncool to you.

I hate when people do this. you sound stuck up when you say that...

randman21
06-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I hate when people do this. you sound stuck up when you say that...
Really? I think it sounds very clear-headed and rational. The post he quoted seems stuck up to me.

drex878
06-06-2008, 07:03 PM

It's cool to hate.

IamSam
06-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Really? I think it sounds very clear-headed and rational. The post he quoted seems stuck up to me.

Exactly. Jaded skies, I have to say that there was no 'stuck-upedness' in my post. Nothing like that at all.

gabrielpatriarca
06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
It's cool to hate.

now that was clear-headed and rational