PDA

View Full Version : So what ever happened to pass me by???

getitright
06-06-2008, 12:13 AM
i wonder what happened to the song pass me by?? supposedly it was gunna be on rafrag? And what bout the redone version of dirty magic, has it gone missing too??

jacknife737
06-06-2008, 12:15 AM
No news on either of those. We may see them as a b-side on a single, though.

Ryder1234
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
just adding that Dexter said no old material would be on the album.

and no, that does not rule out b-sides

getitright
06-06-2008, 12:21 AM
true, ah well hopefully a b-sides will be released, it sounded like a sik song :D

Free?
06-06-2008, 05:17 AM
I didn't feel anything sick from the short clip of "Pass Me By" from "In the studio" video.

Jaded skies
06-06-2008, 05:46 AM
I didn't feel anything sick from the short clip of "Pass Me By" from "In the studio" video.

Wait, wasn't that trust in you?

Jack-UK
06-06-2008, 05:54 AM
In the studio for Rafrag: Trust In You
In the studio for Splinter: CGMHAY/Pass Me By

Free?
06-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Wait, wasn't that trust in you?

Not the RAFRAG studio vids, Spliner times one. -> http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=0utghAJdkfI

Ptit Seb
06-06-2008, 07:03 AM
can we all stop talking about this damn song ?
it's just speculation, no one knows that pass me by is the song in the 'recording splinter' clip. just wait

do i open a new thread about "we don't have sex anymore" every month ?
god...

Unnatural Disaster
06-06-2008, 07:07 AM
I don't care what the song is called, I want to hear a full version of whatever that is at the end of that video.

Hypodermic_89
06-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Pass Me By sounds good, but I don't mind the fact that it's not on the album. Maybe the European Versions of RAFRAG will contain some interesting stuff, maybe the re-recorded Dirty Magic.. I'm looking forward to hearing that one more than Pass Me By.

PS: Has it ever even been confirmed that the song at the end of the clip is called Pass Me By? Or are people just assuming?

Unnatural Disaster
06-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Pass Me By sounds good, but I don't mind the fact that it's not on the album. Maybe the European Versions of RAFRAG will contain some interesting stuff, maybe the re-recorded Dirty Magic.. I'm looking forward to hearing that one more than Pass Me By.

PS: Has it ever even been confirmed that the song at the end of the clip is called Pass Me By? Or are people just assuming?

It's an assumption. Because of an Interview with Dexter. He was going over some of the demos with the interviewer and he talked about a deep, dark song called "pass me by" and since there was no song on the album called that and that demo in the studio sounded deep and dark, people automatically assumed that was it.

Hypodermic_89
06-06-2008, 07:19 AM
It's an assumption. Because of an Interview with Dexter. He was going over some of the demos with the interviewer and he talked about a deep, dark song called "pass me by" and since there was no song on the album called that and that demo in the studio sounded deep and dark, people automatically assumed that was it.
Ok, makes sense. My anal-hole is full of butter.

Unnatural Disaster
06-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Dexter also said this in a journal:

Got Some New Stuff (Dexter)
08/18/06
We‘re finally demo-ing new songs. Yep. Maybe it seems like nothing has been going on with us but we‘ve actually been really busy writing. We didn‘t want to rush into the studio just to record demos for the sake of doing something, so we‘ve really taken our time getting the songs together first. Like, making sure the songs kick ass before we even try it in the studio.

So that‘s what we‘ve been doing, not rushing and kicking ass! Yeah right ok, but I‘m really stoked with the way things are going. We‘ve demo‘d five songs so far and I think it‘s the best stuff we‘ve done in a long time.

I know the next question is, what does it sound like. Well I don‘t want to compare it to one of our other records or anything, but think guitar, lots of guitar, energy, lots of energy, and good songs. Simple right.

We‘ll keep you posted….

Ps Trivia for you guys…there was one outtake from Splinter. It was called ‘Pass Me By‘. We really liked it, and all, it was sort of heavy and we just decided to hold off on releasing it. So take that one straight to the BBS!

Ptit Seb
06-06-2008, 07:33 AM
ok dexter just put it on the offspring nation and we won't bother you anymore