PDA

View Full Version : Albums of summer.

Jakebert
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Summer is upon us, and as someone who loves summer, I find that I tend to listen to a lot more music and discover more music during the summer. I have some albums that I tend to break out during summer more than any other time, and I figure you may be the same way. Share some of your favorites, and maybe even explain why.

R.E.M.- Reveal. (Purposely written as R.E.M.'s "summer album". Goal accomploshed)
R.E.M.- Fables of the Reconstruction (Really good album to drive around dirt country roads in late July/early August to.)
Morphine- The Night (Great summer night album)
Red House Painters- Ocean Beach
Green Day- Warning (I bought this during the summer, one of the first CD's I owned, and it still makes me feel the way it did when I first bought it)
Saves the Day- Stay What You Are (See above)
the Mountain Goats- The Sunset Tree
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists- The Tyranny of Distance
Kyuss- Blues for the Red Sun (This album vividly brings back the memory of driving home from a 2 hour session of soccer conditioning in July heat)
Iron and Wine- Our Endless Numbered Days (The perfect soundtrack for a nice summer day)
I'm sure I have plenty more, but these stand out the most to me.

nieh
06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
In summer I tend to listen more to the kind of stuff I listened to a lot more frequently when I was younger. More upbeat, easy to listen to stuff like Dookie. I dunno if it's nostalgia or if that kind of music just fits the summer mood better than the stuff I've gotten into in more recent years.

JohnnyNemesis
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Gnarls Barkley's first and second albums got heavy heavy airplay in 2006 and this summer, respectively. I think I listened to the St. Elsewhere album about 400 times that summer.

And it looks liek RAFRAG is going to dominate my summer, but Trash80's Hologram EP always finds its way on to my summer playlists.

In 2000, Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP reigned, and in 2002 I listened to The Eminem Show obsessively.