PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I am officially a "True" Offspring Fan

djotroy17
06-08-2008, 02:11 AM
I am 20 years old and I have known for the past 2-3 years that they are my favorite band. I began listening to my Americana CD in middle school which I loved and then discovered their other old school CD's about 2 years ago and downloaded whatever I could find on Limewire but was still missing a considerate amount of songs...I probly had a collection of 40-50 Offspring songs all from different albums and they were all BY FAR the most played songs on my playlist and every one of those songs has been played 200+ times...yet the songs don't ever get old...Offspring is the only band that I NEVER get sick of, I can't overplay their songs.

Anyways tonight I made the jump, the only album I had ever purchased was Americana in middle school...but tonight I went ahead and deleted my offspring library and purchased all their albums on Itunes, something I never do...but I figure I would easily pay $500 for the music Offspring has given, so why the hell not support them and fork over $60 and get all the songs.

I am now a proud legal owner of every offspring album and will own 1 more come June 17th.

Conspiracyof1000
06-08-2008, 02:15 AM
That's nice, but shouldn't this be in GOD?

djotroy17
06-08-2008, 02:20 AM
aww...my bad, posted in wrong forums...if a mod could move thatd be great...thanks.

Conspiracyof1000
06-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Just be glad that this isn't another thread arguing about the unfairness of the mods. Which I find retarded, and yet I still reply to.

jacknife737
06-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Well, good for you; and welcome to the bbs.

Endymion
06-08-2008, 02:38 AM
good times! there are also a number of non-album tracks you can track down. i'm sure the folks in GOD can help you in that regard.

holland25
06-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Yes, we can. Click the link on my signature, you'll find every non-album track there.

Free?
06-08-2008, 03:38 AM
Hiiihihi. Thread should have been called "Tonight I'm an official Offspring fan"! Somehow I start to hate word "true" because there are loads of bitching around this word and it's kinda meaningless today... "true" bands/fans seem to deny any kind of progress and music evolution to stay " "true" " .

Manic Subsida
06-08-2008, 04:04 AM
Heheh, good for you. : )

Xyrin
06-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Heh, reminds me when I first got into Offspring.

Always heard Come out and Play on the Radio, liked it, but it never caught my attention.

Then, in like the 4th grade, someone for the talent show decided to play Come out and Play on their guitar. Asked my dad for the Smash CD that he had, and was an instant fan.

The Offspring, Ignition, Smash, Ixnay on the Hombre, Americana, Conspiracy of One, Splinter, Greatest Hits, and soon to be Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

Hypodermic_89
06-08-2008, 04:43 AM
I am 20 years old and I have known for the past 2-3 years that they are my favorite band. I began listening to my Americana CD in middle school which I loved and then discovered their other old school CD's about 2 years ago and downloaded whatever I could find on Limewire but was still missing a considerate amount of songs...I probly had a collection of 40-50 Offspring songs all from different albums and they were all BY FAR the most played songs on my playlist and every one of those songs has been played 200+ times...yet the songs don't ever get old...Offspring is the only band that I NEVER get sick of, I can't overplay their songs.

Anyways tonight I made the jump, the only album I had ever purchased was Americana in middle school...but tonight I went ahead and deleted my offspring library and purchased all their albums on Itunes, something I never do...but I figure I would easily pay $500 for the music Offspring has given, so why the hell not support them and fork over $60 and get all the songs.

I am now a proud legal owner of every offspring album and will own 1 more come June 17th.
Well done, mate! Good to see that people like you are still around!

randman21
06-08-2008, 04:52 AM
djotroy17, I like this story. It's almost exactly like me, except that I only have a few Offspring songs in my library because I refuse to download. So only Americana and Greatest Hits. Will be buying all of them on the 17, though. Welcome to the boards.

ThunderPX
06-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Good for you! I hate iTunes with a passion though. :P

Rave21
06-08-2008, 08:32 AM
thats Great! the first album i bought from them was Americana too. then S/T, then Smash, then Ignition, then Ixnay, then CO1 came out, then Splinter......yep it was an exciting childhood.

Little_Miss_1565
06-08-2008, 08:57 AM
That's a great story :). Welcome to the forums!

hshduppsnt
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Greetings!

good story, good times!

Alex101
06-08-2008, 10:22 AM

Well, congradulations and welcome aboard!

RageAndLov
06-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Nice for you!
Welcome! :)

Drafan
06-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Congrats! You are better than me, Im still missing some of their original Cds, because of financial deficit caused by my attendance in pubs.

Smash punker
06-09-2008, 06:00 AM
I dont have any original CDs from music stores, cause was poor too! :D Just have some MCs, cause they were and still are cheaper than CDs, but theyre kinda old-fashioned now, so Im gonna buy the new CD, finally! :D Other Cds that Ive got are just copies. :D