PDA

View Full Version : If you could change something:

Budzy
06-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Changes to the New album: would you like to see any changes to the new album? I know we havn't heard it in full, I know the premiere is tomorrow, but from what you've heard so far, is there any changes you would prefer? Just curious to hear what people have got to say.

Personally, from what i've heard from "Fix You" i hope to god that breaks into a fast, punk song or at least have a heavy chorus or something. And also, i think the tracklisting should be changed, it seems to me all the slow soft songs are at the end, and the fast ones are crammed in the first 5 tracks.

And the album cover- i reckon it would have been better if the offspring brought over the same font they used in Splinter and Americana for the title. would suited it better.

C'mon guys.
Show some love.

Hypodermic_89
06-08-2008, 04:40 AM
Shit, not another one.

The album has been made, these conversations are pointless!

Take em out
06-08-2008, 04:46 AM
I want another Ixnay.

That is all..

holland25
06-08-2008, 04:51 AM
No changes. I will love it as it is.

Hypodermic_89
06-08-2008, 04:52 AM
I want another Ixnay.

That is all..
It's not gonna happen, get over it.

Jesus
06-08-2008, 04:52 AM
Shit, not another one.

Just prepare for tomorrow! That is gonna be a fun day, and prolly every whiner thinks he deserves his own thread too (even if they like 95% of the album).

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Just appreciate and enjoy what the band has made :D

holland25
06-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Word. But without the smiley, I don't like them.

Xyrin
06-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Quick note: Denial, Revisited was my favorite song on Conspiracy of One.

Not all soft songs are bad, some of us actually -love- them.

Yeah, it isn't the best beat to go around shooting peoples heads off with, but that's what play-lists are for.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Why would anyone change it? All of the previews are awesome, i love all of them. Their fans should trust in the guys

findout5
06-08-2008, 06:30 AM
I'd change the intro to Rise and Fall...seems like it's been done before (GD- American Idiot?).

Xyrin
06-08-2008, 06:42 AM
I'd change the intro to Rise and Fall...seems like it's been done before (GD- American Idiot?).

For some reason, whenever I hear Rise and Fall's drum beat, I get reminded of "Do you like waffles?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtlaTNI1TaU

Cock Joke
06-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I want "fuck" to be said 14 times per song!

keonii7
06-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I want ice cream and a PS3 to come with my purchase of RAFRAG.

todd5593
06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I want another Ixnay.

That is all..

thank you. someone realizes.
also, in regards to the changes....
take away fix you, and rise and fall. (from what we've heard so far, they could suck)
i mean rise and fall the chords go too fast. every line is unexpected. it gets annyoing. (from what we've heard, again)
and fix you....i hope it slowly builds from near silence to a lot of noise (kind of like the song "In Pieces" by Linkin Park, at first its shitty and simple. but it gets sooo intense at the end)
we'll have to see on monday.
HOLY SHIT THATS TOMORROW

ad8
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM
For some reason, whenever I hear Rise and Fall's drum beat, I get reminded of "Do you like waffles?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtlaTNI1TaU
...lol

I want "fuck" to be said 14 times per song!

I want ice cream and a PS3 to come with my purchase of RAFRAG.

And Chocolate! Fuck yeah!

effreyj
06-08-2008, 02:19 PM
I think Fix You sounds pretty good. I kinda like how this album has a few ballads on it. Is has more diverse tracks than CO1 or Splinter.

...I do agree, however, that Rise and Fall is pretty similar to American Idiot.

Hypodermic_89
06-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Ok, here's the deal:
There will NEVER be a new s/t, Ignition, Smash or Ixnay ever again. You know why? Because every album is different. The band doesn't WANT to repeat previous albums. That's why Ixnay sounds the way it does, they didn't wanna repeat Smash, even if it was a major hit.

So anyone who can't accept the fact that the band has changed (in a very good way, I will add), can just fuck off. There is seriously NO POINT in saying that you want another Smash or Ixnay. Sure, it's you're opinion, but do you actually think you achieved something? Do you actually think you did any good by complaining? If you do, then you're dead wrong.

I mean seriously, god dammit.. It's just so overwhelming to see so much complaining.

PS: I am not referring to this thread only, I'm referring to everything that I have seen here for the past two weeks.

jacknife737
06-08-2008, 02:29 PM
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]There will NEVER be a new s/t, Ignition, Smash or Ixnay ever again. You know why? Because every album is different. The band doesn't WANT to repeat previous albums. That's why Ixnay sounds the way it does, they didn't wanna repeat Smash, even if it was a major hit.

This can't be repeated enough. Kids, it's not going to happen; they didn't repeat Ignition with Americana, or with CO1, or with Splinter, or with RAFRAG. The band has made it a point that all their albums should be unique. Get over it.

effreyj
06-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah I agree...you don't want them to try to reproduce past albums, you want them to evolve which is what they are doing with this album. To me the reason why CO1 and Splinter were the weakest albums were because CO1 was trying to be another Americana and Splinter was trying to be another Smash.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I like splinter a lot...