PDA

View Full Version : The Bitching and Whining Thread

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of these after tomorrow, so why not cram it all into one thread? Makes for a cleaner, more positive board. Vent your negativity about the album here. Leave all other threads alone. Don't make any more threads with the negativity. If you don't like the new album, that's fine. It's one thing to dislike something and constructively critique it but engaging in an all-out bitchfest just brings me and probably most of the board down. Take all your "WAAHHH dis isn't teh offspringz, I want dem to make smash 2 or ignition 2!!! Dey sold out! dey aren't tru punx anymores!!!" and shove 'em here. The rest of us don't want to see it. We're tired of the bitching and whining so if there's a whole thread dedicated to it, the rest of us can avoid it. While the rest of us enjoy the awesomeness of this new album, you negative nancies can cry here about it.

.Change the World.
06-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree!

todd5593
06-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of these after tomorrow, so why not cram it all into one thread? Makes for a cleaner, more positive board. Vent your negativity about the album here. Leave all other threads alone. Don't make any more threads with the negativity. If you don't like the new album, that's fine. It's one thing to dislike something and constructively critique it but engaging in an all-out bitchfest just brings me and probably most of the board down. Take all your "WAAHHH dis isn't teh offspringz, I want dem to make smash 2 or ignition 2!!! Dey sold out! dey aren't tru punx anymores!!!" and shove 'em here. The rest of us don't want to see it. We're tired of the bitching and whining so if there's a whole thread dedicated to it, the rest of us can avoid it. While the rest of us enjoy the awesomeness of this new album, you negative nancies can cry here about it.

your my hero man

in reference to the "tru punx"...ARRHAUDHFADGK FIJODFOSDJHFO
i fucking hate when people are like "noo offpsring soft isnt punk no mores"
i hate the whole punk scene. they say they dont want to fit into a trend, when isnt leather jackets, mohawks, and all that shit just as much a trend as anything else?
punk is about being yourself. and its about not being punk.
whcih is why the offspring is punk. but they arent.
hard to explain and makes you think a lot doesnt it...anyone wants to bitch and whine please think before you speak

Rave21
06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I'll start. I CAN"T stand those depressing commercials that are always being played on comedy central. people put on that channel to laugh and hav a good time. they dont wanna be bummed out during the break by seeing some commercial about animal cruelty or people and their issues with drugs. for cryin out loud! Put that shit on Lifetime or whatever!

keonii7
06-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Well this is a good point to make, but I bet some people are starting to get annoyed by the huge number of people who make posts or threads just like this thread.

DefaultNinja
06-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I hate The Offspring, what a fucking stupid band. [/trupunx]

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Well this is a good point to make, but I bet some people are starting to get annoyed by the huge number of people who make posts or threads just like this thread.

Probably. But I figure that if there's a single thread for it, then maybe there wouldn't be such an abundance of other negative threads. Or at the very least, merge all the negative threads into one. I know it probably won't do a damn thing, but I thought I would at least give it a try.

Hypodermic_89
06-08-2008, 02:28 PM
This is a fantastic idea for a thread.

MODS: MAKE THIS A STICKY ONE!

jacknife737
06-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Although i'm vehemently opposed to any "OMG RAFRAG ISN"T IGNITION!!!!" type threads, i don't think there needs to be one like this either. If someone doesn't like, or wishes to criticize a certain thing about RAFRAG they should discuss it in an appropriate thread, ie one already dedicated to a specific song, ect. No one should be forced to like the new album, but if they wish to share their views, they need to do it in a rational, mature and coherent manner.

Thomas
06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
This is a great idea for a thread, however, people that complain like that usually don't have enough common sense to post in this thread only and create an entire new thread to state their point. I can imagine the only way this thread could work would be if the mods merged all of the complaining threads into this one.

Jake-
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Which they should do...

RabidFrog
06-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Personally, if the new album sounds anything like Hammerhead, I'll love it for sure!

IamSam
06-08-2008, 03:52 PM
This thread gets my undying approval and from here forth I pledge allegiance to The Puncher of All Faces.

Xyrin
06-08-2008, 04:02 PM
$20.00 says they will still make new threads and bitch and complain.

bighead384
06-08-2008, 04:04 PM

As wrong and cliche as it was the first 100 times^

Well I guess it wasn't actually cliche till at least the 15th time...lol

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32790

Titus
06-08-2008, 04:15 PM
$20.00 says they will still make new threads and bitch and complain.

$ 300.00

Nostalgic
06-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Holy fuck, I wanna hear the new album.

MAD IAN
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I just had my first post deleted. Sweeeeeeet.

Leandro
06-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks man! Amazing idea for a thread...

I don't wanna see these stupid people posting a lot of threads...

Tijs
06-08-2008, 04:34 PM
MAD IAN, that was because it was in reference to another deleted post. Nothing special about it.

.Change the World.
06-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Holy fuck, I wanna hear the new album.

Quote for truth oh god!

MAD IAN
06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Well fine, take all the fun out of it....

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Although i'm vehemently opposed to any "OMG RAFRAG ISN"T IGNITION!!!!" type threads, i don't think there needs to be one like this either. If someone doesn't like, or wishes to criticize a certain thing about RAFRAG they should discuss it in an appropriate thread, ie one already dedicated to a specific song, ect. No one should be forced to like the new album, but if they wish to share their views, they need to do it in a rational, mature and coherent manner.

I agree with this. I tried to say this in my initial post but I don't think it came across very well. But yeah, I'm not trying to say that everyone who hates the album is a bitchy or whiny person, just if someone doesn't like the album I think that they should do it in a rational, mature and coherent manner in the respective threads; just keep the overdramatic whining out. Like others have said, this may not pan out well or may not be necessary, but I thought in theory it sounded like a good idea. I figured I would experiment with it to see if it would actually work. If not, then we can close it or delete it or whatever. There's always going to be negativity on the board regardless I guess and perhaps it's just a sad truth I should accept.

keonii7
06-08-2008, 05:45 PM
We should just have no threads at all so that no one can get angry at anything.

Thomas
06-08-2008, 05:57 PM
We should get rid of the BBS.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry if I came across as a little fascist, it was not my intention at all. Just throwing that out there.

Budzy
06-08-2008, 06:37 PM
this is what i should have named by thread :P
other than wat i said.
im all out.
im happy with the album.
30 minutes for the preimire baby!
im interested to hear how Fix You pans out.
for all the others- i know they'll be great.

but that post is too hapy.
so fuck u all.
i hate the world.

Conspiracyof1000
06-09-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm happy. I have enough money now to buy both the vinyl and the CD.
I'm also angry because I'm a teenager and I hate fucking everything. It's in my blood, man.