PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Fest

Jake-
06-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Alright, I have a challenge for you all.

From here on out until the new album comes out- only play offspring music on your computer/ipod/zune/whateverthefuckyouhave. No new tracks or anything off the new album. Just start from Selftitled and work your way through the albums, and then repeat the process until the new album is out.

(I ALMOST forgot how much I loved ignition until a few minutes ago. :eek:)

ps. Hopefully this will stop you from listening to the leaks or anything while getting you pumped for the new album even more. That's my plan.

Nemesis881
06-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I can get through all the albums tonight...go to sleep..wake up, take a shower, and listen to the new tracks!!!

offspringer24
06-08-2008, 03:21 PM
dude... thought you were onto something kinda like ozfest but off-fest!

p.s 27 still loving the offspring and this album has had imo

a) bad art
2) weak first single
c) oh, fuck it...it's gonna be album of the year!

jacknife737
06-08-2008, 03:22 PM
One June 1st, i deleted all live versions of new tracks, and the studio version of Hammerhead, and i think i have every album on my mp3 player except for CO1, which i'll probably add on later tonight.

Tonza
06-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I thought about doing things upside down :D
I was going not to listen to any Offspring music till the album becomes released. But unfortunately I think I'm not going to last over the album premiere tomorrow...

Jake-
06-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I can get through all the albums tonight...go to sleep..wake up, take a shower, and listen to the new tracks!!!

If that's your prerogative, I'm going to wait til I have the actual album...It's just a thing that I have to do with all the albums. Reading the lyrics and blasting the music. It's just tradition.

Haha, I bet I cave within minutes of that shit hitting the net.

holland25
06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I already started, it will take me pretty long, cause I've got all the demos, EP's, promos, compilation tracks and singles, so it's a long process. I finished with Gotta Get Away CD 2 single today.

Call it an Obsession
06-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Wow, i just realized just how amazing Ixnay is (again)... i really don't know why i haven't listened to it in so long!
I remember i used to have an mp3 player dedicated to just the offspring coz they are amazing. I think everyone should :D

dff_punk
06-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Haha, today I listened to Greatest Hits, almost forgot Defy You was on there also.

offspringer24
06-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Wow, i just realized just how amazing Ixnay is (again)... i really don't know why i haven't listened to it in so long!
I remember i used to have an mp3 player dedicated to just the offspring coz they are amazing. I think everyone should :D

im still fucking blagged as to why 'amazed' was never a huge hit single! fucks all over foo fighter/greenday bollox!

Capricorn4
06-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Yesterday I created an entire playlist for the band,call it mind reading.

Blackball_
06-08-2008, 04:18 PM
im still fucking blagged as to why 'amazed' was never a huge hit single! fucks all over foo fighter/greenday bollox!

i wonder that too. i think its too similar to gone away. which gets played a lot live yet amazed was only played a couple of times (and not very good TBH).

Call it an Obsession
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Amazed was always one of my favourite songs. Dunno why it didn't amaze lot's of people.
One song that i have always loved, and still do, is Living in Chaos, but they hardly ever play it live... it's very disappointing.

Camilamazed
06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I thought it was a real party. I've always wanted to do a release party with a cover band and stuff but people are too lazy to get together and listen to the offspring and drink, you know.

=(

ThunderPX
06-09-2008, 12:40 AM
A lot of the beauty of Amazed comes from Dexter's emotion in his voice. It just doesn't carry very well to casual radio listeners, I think. There's also the fact that he totally fucks it up live :P

Conspiracyof1000
06-09-2008, 12:57 AM
WHOO YEAH RAFRAG PARTY! :D
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=16&pictureid=399
Who's bringing the booze? :)

immy
06-09-2008, 01:46 AM
what's new? since i got my mp3 player all it plays is the offspring
ringtone iof my mobile phone is gone away and my alarm is no brakes....

my computer has 1 playlist and that's all the cd's from the offspring:D