PDA

View Full Version : Eve 6 Last Night

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-08-2008, 09:26 PM
So my town has a thing called "Old Time Days" for a few days each year in the downtown area where I live. There's rides..food and drink stands..bands playing..etc..basically a huge carnival the entire span of downtown Lee's Summit (town inside Kansas City, MO). Anyway..me and some of my buddies went to it last night, and to my suprise, Eve 6 was playing! I was not even expecting that. A free Eve 6 show 10 minutes from my home. And they sounded great too! They played a new song too, sounded sweet. Anyway, great live band and if you have a chance to see them, DO IT

Thomas
06-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow. I didn't realize they were still around...

although i vaguely remember hearing something about them recently. If they come to Tucson, I'm gonna have to go see them!

Camilamazed
06-08-2008, 10:19 PM
There's something similar in VA called Celebrate Fairfax. By just volunteering I saw Live and Smash Mouth last year and yesterday I saw Bowling for Soup and Joan Jett.. These fairs have pretty interesting shows for very low prices and if you don't want to pay you can volunteer.

=)

Llamas
06-08-2008, 10:33 PM
So my town has a thing called "Old Time Days" for a few days each year in the downtown area where I live. There's rides..food and drink stands..bands playing..etc..basically a huge carnival the entire span of downtown Lee's Summit (town inside Kansas City, MO). Anyway..me and some of my buddies went to it last night, and to my suprise, Eve 6 was playing! I was not even expecting that. A free Eve 6 show 10 minutes from my home. And they sounded great too! They played a new song too, sounded sweet. Anyway, great live band and if you have a chance to see them, DO IT

I used to be a huge fan of Eve 6. They had three really good rock albums, and each one had a very unique sound compared to the others. Horrorscope was my favorite musically (very diverse and different), while It's All in Your Head was my favorite lyrically (the most profound, the least stupid). And the self-titled is a classic 90s rock album.

I've since grown out of them, partially because I've moved away from 90s rock and partially because they broke up. I never took the time to look into their side projects, but I did hear they got back together. I would definitely be interested in hearing the new stuff, though I doubt I'd ever be a huge fan again. I've always wanted to see them live, though, because I imagine they've got huge energy. Lucky you, seeing them for free :)

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, it was pretty cool :)
I cant remember what their new song was called but it was quite catchy

Jakebert
06-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Eve 6 is one of those bands that I loved when I was younger, but I honestly can barely stand them anymore. I decided to check them out again a few months ago, and they barely even had the nostalgia thing going for them.