PDA

View Full Version : Another interview from Mexico newspaper (Google's translation)

aNiKoPuNk_77
06-08-2008, 10:29 PM
source:Excelsior OnLine

Maduraron las crías, The Offspring

La banda California punk pop spoke of political and social content of your hard Rise and fall, rage & grace, which will be released on June 17 and was produced by Bob Rock, who has worked with Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith and David Lee Roth

The Offspring is a group banner among youth and adolescents for his irreverent and funny songs like Pretty Fly (for a white guy), which make fun of whites who feel aggressive black rappers just because it's cool, Why don 'T you get a job?, Which criticize the weak jobless youth who live at the expense of others, as well as She's got issues & Me and my old lady in those who speak of sex in a very direct . But, as revealed by telephone from Huntington Beach, Calif., his guitarist Kevin Wasserman, better known as Noodles, it was back and on her new album Rise and fall, rage & grace, which will be released on June 17, more talk social and political issues.

"In this record there is no song as such, although the music is fun letters are not funny, are more serious. Not that we are older, because we still like songs funny, but it turned out well. I guess that has to do with the difficult times that humanity now lives. It is a disc about personal struggles against the fury, the triumphs and tragedies. In my case handling very fast, easy to anger me with the other motorists on the highway and I show them my finger half all the time, so I get to my house alive is quite an achievement (laughs). He also spoke of struggle of the individual against society as a whole, "said the 45 year-old man.

Noodles, who before being a rockstar worked as a concierge preparatory spoke of the profound themes that touch some of his new songs.

"Some people have the false notion that we are a banda policy: we have a handful of songs that touch on that subject, but we are not Rage Against The Machine or System of a down. In this album the song Stuff is messed up talking about how the world is fucked, the impressive quality of bullets, climate change, which seem drawn from the Bible, Hurricane Katrina, the tsunami, global warming and disaster the Iraq war. Perhaps there never should have come but now what should we do? Are we went or stayed help? The whole world is on the verge of falling from a cliff, "said a worried tone.

The Canadian musician and producer Bob Rock is the master mind behind discs as important as Dr. Feelgood, Mötley Crüe, the disc homonym of Metallica, also known as the black album, and keep the faith, Bon Jovi, was chosen to help The Offspring to shape Rise and fall, rage & grace.

"It was great working with him, know their job well, especially what it has done with Metallica, Aerosmith and Mötley Crüe, also apellida rock! (laughs). What else would want? We click instantly with him, we listened to and respected because it is much fan and, although we took five years to get the record, we always had faith and not despaired.

"Hammerhead (the simple, which can be downloaded for free at the site of the banda) composed in June 2006 and the other in August of that year," he said.

The guitarist of the banda also composed of Dexter Holland (vocals and guitar), Greg Kriesel (bass) and Pete Parada (drums), said not very confident that his new record venda as much as the previous ones.

"American and Smash have been our top selling discs, if you have that success once you considerarte very lucky, twice is unbelievable and few bands they succeed, so being realistic statistics are against us, but who knows hopefully Rise and fall, rage & grace, could sell even more. Actually we are not interested in both sales, we want the fans listen and enjoy it, "felt the musician.

Splinter is the name of his last disc, 2003, with whom joking with the idea of calling Chinese Democracy, as yet unpublished Guns N'Roses.

"Axl Rose sued because we are not the titles of the discs have no copyright, but complained that if we would put Chinese democracy, but it was a joke, we wanted to do so angry, we felt very funny. At the end the joke was returned because it takes us out a lot in, clearly not the 15 years they carry and has not even gone on sale yet (laughter). Rise and fall, rage & grace sounds louder than Splinter, I know it has very good songs because my son loves (Jackson) for six years. Besides writing and 25 items at the end only 12 were left, so we were very selective, "recounted Noodles.

The musician anticipated that The Offspring, which will be presented at the Rock in Rio Festival in Madrid on June 6, 6 and July 7 in the German festivals Rock am Ring and Rock im park, in addition to other music festivals in England, Switzerland, Hungary and France, could come to Mexico to play next year.

"I do not know when we return, was playing unbelievable in Mexico, we are presenting as nine years ago and we'd love another concert soon. The only thing we are scheduled festivals in Europe and U.S. in the autumn and we want to do a tour with local bands little known, so hopefully in the next 10 or 12 months play in Mexico, "he said.

Original source: http://www.exonline.com.mx/diario/noticia/funcion/escena/maduraron_las__crias,_the_offspring/245798

Marco
06-08-2008, 11:32 PM
cool! ten characters

F@ BANKZ
06-09-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm not sure if that's mocking Noodles slighly or just the result of a different culture of writing. Either way, it's good to see the band having confidence in the record.

randman21
06-09-2008, 02:05 AM
I'm not sure if that's mocking Noodles slighly or just the result of a different culture of writing. Either way, it's good to see the band having confidence in the record.
Erm, I think it's Google's terrible translating skills.

Cool article, by the way.

Jesus
06-09-2008, 02:11 AM
"Hammerhead (the simple, which can be downloaded for free at the site of the banda) composed in June 2006 and the other in August of that year,"he said.

lol, so they did like one song every 2 months afterwards! Glad it turned out awesome though!