PDA

View Full Version : Preview's and Premiere's Non-Listeners Thread

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi there non-listeners!
I though that we should have place where we can talk about our feelings while we are not going to listen RAFRAG before buying it. So how do you feel about that?
I heard Hammerhead and Half-Truism on 6th may. I hope that the rest of songs will be at least as good as these.

Ps. Sorry for mistakes.

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Oh fuck, I was gonna start this thread. You were first :D
So all the non-listeners unite! I only heard the first 4 tracks and I'm not gonna change it until the 16th.
Let's stay the hell away from "omg nothingtown is teh shitz" for this week! :p

Amiralanal
06-09-2008, 05:43 AM
I think it sounds fucking stupid.
It has never taken so long for the band to produce an album. We have waited 5 years. Why postpone it another couple of days if they let us listen for free.

Its like when the actual record comes out, im going to wait another week before i actually play the record. Ive waited 5 years. I can wait another week just for fun.

Moronic.

Capricorn4
06-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Well I can't wait too, but lets have respect for their decision.

06-09-2008, 05:45 AM
I think it sounds fucking stupid.
It has never taken so long for the band to produce an album. We have waited 5 years. Why postpone it another couple of days if they let us listen for free.

Its like when the actual record comes out, im going to wait another week before i actually play the record. Ive waited 5 years. I can wait another week just for fun.

Moronic.

Agree. Might as well rename this thread to Unlogical RAFRAG Idiots Unite.

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 05:46 AM
It's not just for fun. It's for the feeling when you have the cd in your hands when you buy it and put it in your cd-player for the very first time. I'm not sure if you understand.

It's also about patience. It'll be fucking hard this week.

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Don't discuss if you are NOT non-listener and you don't understand us! We want to listen it with CD rom in our stereo! I feel difference beetween listening to the mp3 and listening to original record, reading lyrics etc...

Amiralanal
06-09-2008, 05:48 AM
It's not just for fun. It's for the feeling when you have the cd in your hands when you buy it and put it in your cd-player for the very first time. I'm not sure if you understand.

It's also about patience. It'll be fucking hard this week.

Dont get me wrong. Im also buying the record. I have preordered it on both CD and Vinyl.

Hypodermic_89
06-09-2008, 05:50 AM
Don't discuss if you are NOT non-listener and you don't understand us! We want to listen it with CD rom in our stereo! I feel difference beetween listening to the mp3 and listening to original record, reading lyrics etc...
Exactly. The feeling is so much better when you hear all the songs fresh from the CD! It would just ruin it to listen to plain mp3's on some radiostation.

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 05:50 AM
That wasn't my point if you buy or not buy the record.
But believe me, the excitement is 100% more intense when you have the physical thing in your hands.
Dammit, where are all the fucks which wanted to listen to it on the official released date? C'mon, there are more of you, I'm not good at arguments:p

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 05:57 AM
That wasn't my point if you buy or not buy the record.
But believe me, the excitement is 100% more intense when you have the physical thing in your hands.
Dammit, where are all the fucks which wanted to listen to it on the official released date? C'mon, there are more of you, I'm not good at arguments:p
Totally agree! i remember emotions when i bought Splinter. I opened box and i was shocked! I was affraid that the record is broken because of scratches on it! :D Later i realised that its just graphic... :D

RAFRAG - 15$, listening it for the first time using cd - priceless ;)

Free?
06-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Do you remember how did you listen to your 1st Offspring album for the 1st time? 2nd Offspring album? all of the Offspring albums? And you will remember that you listened RAFRAG for the 1st time on PC from band's official stream, then download some rips and listen to them or you could wait for CD and remember how you've been waiting for RAFRAG for a week longer but the first impression wasn't messed up by bad quality or cheap youtube watching or whatever. Your call. That's the difference, for someone it's big, for another it's little.

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Do you remember how did you listen to your 1st Offspring album for the 1st time? 2nd Offspring album? all of the Offspring albums? And you will remember that you listened RAFRAG for the 1st time on PC from band's official stream, then download some rips and listen to them or you could wait for CD and remember how you've been waiting for RAFRAG for a week longer but the first impression wasn't messed up by bad quality or cheap youtube watching or whatever. Your call. That's the difference, for someone it's big, for another it's little.
Right. And this thread is for these who prefer option number two ;)

Devidence
06-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Smash on CASSETTE. That's a word you don't hear anymore. The rest were all CD for me though, I bought Ignition sometime soon after.

Amiralanal
06-09-2008, 06:11 AM
I remember when i bought Americana in the summer of 99.
Back then i only bought it for Pretty fly, but the whole thing escalated into something bigger. Those were the fucking days.

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Hehe, I bought Americana on cassette, my first one. And then Ixnay. Cd's weren't that common in my country back then, in the era of cassette walkmans:)

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Hehe, I bought Americana on cassette, my first one. And then Ixnay. Cd's weren't that common in my country back then, in the era of cassette walkmans:)
Heh... The same situation in my country :P I had my brother's in law Americana cassete. But I was only a litlle boy then. I was affraid of Pay The Man :D

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 06:20 AM
I was imagining camels when I heard Pay The Man in the young days.
Holy fuck, Half-Truism is up. Resist, guys!

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:22 AM
AAAA.... Damn! I started to listening it, but i shut it down after 5 seconds... Holy shit... :D

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Oh man, it's like sex to my ears. I creamed sooo hard. Listening to it over and over again. It's soooo good. Just give in guys, just listen to it! It's impossible to resist The Offspring!
Stop, you're killing us :D It will be even more to listen to it in one week if opinions are so good.
Dff, what do you think? :D

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Amiralanal and 6661., I don't want to sound rude or anything, but would you please shut up?

What's the problem of us not listening to the tracks before the CD comes out? We all gave planty reasons why we don't want to listen. We've all respected your opinios about listening to the CD today or the leaks. Come on, can't we have our preferences?

=)

The Man From Tallahassee
06-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Honestly people, you're really missing out. Awesome quality Half-Truism, and by god it's an amazing song. The live recordings don't do it justice.

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Honestly people, you're really missing out. Awesome quality Half-Truism, and by god it's an amazing song. The live recordings don't do it justice.
Another one...

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 06:30 AM
You can't take it anymore!! HAHAHAHA!!!

No. I'm sensitive today and jealous. So don't mess with me today. I'll bite you:mad:

I know, it's all my fault but there are just a few days left.

Amiralanal
06-09-2008, 06:31 AM
The power of The Offspring compells you!
http://www.imeem.com/theoffspring/music/rmCVhRCE/the_offspring_halftruism/

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Stop, you're killing us :D It will be even more to listen to it in one week if opinions are so good.
Dff, what do you think? :D

Yeah. I already heard the first 4 tracks before though, in various versions, so I might give them a listen if I don't resist. But that suits it for me, from "A Lot Like Me" til "Rise And Fall", no listening.
6661 is really provoking us, btw. Give us proof you creamed your pants!

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Amiralanal and 6661. Burn in hell.. That's not fair...:mad:

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Give in and listen. It's the same you will get with the CD maybe even better. It is perfect quality, amazing music, new Offspring. You can't ask for much more, stop testing yourself and give in to it. It's not a sin I swear.
How old are you? Cannot you respect our preferences as Camilamazed said? We have no doubt that these songs are amazing! But WE DON'T WANT to listen it. So leave us alone (or behind if you wish :P).

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Fine, I was just tryin to get you guys in on the fun but alright then...

I know you're intentions are good, but we want to have fun with the cd and booklet.

PS: How ironic would that be if the booklet didn't come with the lyrics? :D

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Fine, I was just tryin to get you guys in on the fun but alright then...
We will talk about our impressions next week. Now, we want to talk about that how hard is to resist. You're not helping ;)

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Let's play a vs. game :D

review's and Premiere's Non-Listeners Thread vs. MUSIC VIDEO AND ALBUM PREMAIR (spelling)

Who wins?

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:40 AM
PS: How ironic would that be if the booklet didn't come with the lyrics? :D
Lol, it would be cruel for us. I wouldnt lough then :P

Free?
06-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Non-listeners, go here :) http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1127585#post1127585 Download 2 non-offspring albums and listen to them just to stop focusing on RAFRAG. Chill guys, may power be with you :)

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Lol, it would be cruel for us. I wouldnt lough then :P

Yup. So the guys better not messs with the non-listeners. :mad:

I want lyrics!

Devidence
06-09-2008, 06:49 AM
So far I've listened to Truism and Kid. Badass! I may wait on the rest.

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Chill guys, may power be with you :)

Thank you!!!

GunForHire
06-09-2008, 06:53 AM
You people have NO idea what you're missing. God this is just sheer awesomeness.

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 06:54 AM
I wonder why am I feeling so excited and everything, when I heard nothing yet... :) It's some weird Offspring-new album-spell.

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:56 AM
You people have NO idea what you're missing. God this is just sheer awesomeness.
We DO know what we are "missing". But we are not missing anything excatly. We will have bonus - booklet and cd in stero. Read first page of this thread.

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 06:57 AM
I wonder why am I feeling so excited and everything, when I heard nothing yet... :)
Maybe it's because after 5years of waiting we're so close to new album? What is more, it's going to be great album... At least Listeners say so :P

GunForHire
06-09-2008, 07:00 AM
We DO know what we are "missing". But we are not missing anything excatly. We will have bonus - booklet and cd in stero. Read first page of this thread.

The stream is in stereo. The booklet? All about the music for me, which is why I'm enjoying this so much. But I can say, you have a treat coming when you do actually listen to the CD, because it rocks.

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 07:01 AM
The stream is in stereo. The booklet? All about the music for me, which is why I'm enjoying this so much. But I can say, you have a treat coming when you do actually listen to the CD, because it rocks.

Oh God, please stop! For RAFRAG's sake!

Devidence
06-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Hold out! You'll be fine.

For those not reading the other thread, it is amazingly all positive so far.

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 07:11 AM
I listened to "Kid". I almost died from how awesome the studio version is. No more details. Good day.

Devidence
06-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I figured half truism and kid were ok to listen to at least since I abused the live versions. Uploading on Imeem has paused for the moment, nothing new in awhile. Trust in You and Lot like Me are up also.

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Our cd should come with a trophy because we're sooo brave.

=D

offspringer24
06-09-2008, 07:17 AM
OMFG this album is awesome!

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Our cd should come with a trophy because we're sooo brave.

=D
Yeah, with autographs for eg ;)

Jesus
06-09-2008, 07:19 AM
It's epic!

And those lyrics people made to half truism were so fucking wrong. Shame none of'm had any kablooey :(

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 07:22 AM
It's epic!

And those lyrics people made to half truism were so fucking wrong. Shame none of'm had any kablooey :(

I never understood the kablooey thing.

PS: That's why I don't try to find out lyrics. I tried before and gave up.

And teasers, GO AWAY. That's the silly masochists thread.

offspringer24
06-09-2008, 07:26 AM
I never understood the kablooey thing.

PS: That's why I don't try to find out lyrics. I tried before and gave up.

And teasers, GO AWAY. That's the silly masochists thread.

im sorry for teasing you but please treat yourself to at least a lot like you it brought all those butterflys back i used to have when self esteem came out :eek:

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I was hoping that discussion here will be diffrent... Pity...

MAXTER
06-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Half Truism (Album Version)

link: http://rapidshare.com/files/121215527/The_Offspring_-_Half_Truism.mp3.html

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Half Truism (Album Version)

link: http://rapidshare.com/files/121215527/The_Offspring_-_Half_Truism.mp3.html
No way... Hey mods, you can close this thread, it doesnt make any sense...

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 07:30 AM
I was hoping that discussion here will be diffrent... Pity...

So, Pepsaj, how was your day?

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 07:31 AM
I have the butterflies already. Everybody is overjoyed and that makes my waiting so worth.

:)

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 07:32 AM
So, Pepsaj, how was your day?
I don't know if i understand you corectly. My day was ok... Just normal day. But I was hoping that we will talk about our expectations and about what are we doing to resist. Not talking with people who try very hard to make us listen to mp3s. Ehhh...

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't know if i understand you corectly. My day was ok... Just normal day. But I was hoping that we will talk about our expectations and about what are we doing to resist. Not talking with people who try very hard to make us listen to mp3s. Ehhh...

You said that you did't like the topic. So I changed it. My day was great btw, I woke up at 2 PM :)

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 07:43 AM
I dont like it because of these who are teasing us. Whatever it's only one week.
Woke up at 2 pm? Nice :P

hshduppsnt
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
You said that you did't like the topic. So I changed it. My day was great btw, I woke up at 2 PM :)

my day has just started but its going to be great, go euro cup :).

this next week is going to be tough :-/

MAXTER
06-09-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm So Sorry all non-listening fans, but I'm very happy and i've lost my mind!

Sorry Again!!!

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm So Sorry all non-listening fans, but I'm very happy and i've lost my mind!

Sorry Again!!!
Ok :) That's good that you are so happy. It provide that RAFRAG is going to be great, and it makes us feeling great too :)

Free?
06-09-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm having fun with both non-listeners and guys posting links to songs here . Everybody's happy, that's a good thing :)

crrrN
06-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Lol props to you guys for staying strong enough not to listen.

You'll not be dissapointed for waiting ;)

IdleOffspring
06-09-2008, 08:30 AM
its soo hardd, I almost caved, but still not listen to the songs.

shall I survive these four last days

hshduppsnt
06-09-2008, 08:35 AM
its soo hardd, I almost caved, but still not listen to the songs.

shall I survive these four last days

punk... 4 days?

right now I'm debating in my head if I can really last till next Tuesday...
but in the back of my head I'm hearing a little voice
"They put it up... they WANT you to listen to it..."

:-/ problem is I can't put my computer away, I have to keep working hahaha

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
MMM... I don't really like a lot like me... is not bad, but is poppy.

Kristy... is an OK song, but it could be better

Nothingtown is really catchy, and has a nice bass tune

Stuff is messed up... WOW, is pretty cool, listen to dexter singing pretty fast

Oficially fix you is pretty soft

Let's hear from rock bottom is kinda reggae- not lame like worst hangover ever- and is pretty catchy

rise and fall... Yep, it kinda sounds like green day, but... there's something.

Overall: good album, it will grow on me... but is not their best

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Ninty, delete your post now, you bad boy..

:mad:

Orange County
06-09-2008, 08:43 AM
ive given up, i figured this is how it is these days.

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Ninty, delete your post now, you bad boy..

At least he's not trying to tell us "YOU MUST LISTEN TO IT bla bla bla"! It's just he's opinion. It's ok for me, but please - it's enough ;) No more details.

Manic Subsida
06-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Ninty Man, you're just dumb. Why do you do that? -_-
And yeah, this is probably one of their best albums.

Non-listeners: it's absolutly worth the waiting. ^^
I'm gonna wait to hear the 5 other songs I don't heard until I buy the album.

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Ninty Man, you're just dumb. Why do you do that? -_-
And yeah, this is probably one of their best albums.

Non-listeners: it's absolutly worth the waiting. ^^
I'm gonna wait to hear the 5 other songs I don't heard until I buy the album.

Cause I Wanna do it???

Manic Subsida
06-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Cause I Wanna do it???
So you disrespect the non-listeners?

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 08:54 AM
So you disrespect the non-listeners?

I didn't put the link, and is their decision to listen it or not, and to read my post or not.

hshduppsnt
06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I didn't put the link, and is their decision to listen it or not, and to read my post or not.

haha that logic would work if we were in any other thread, but to post in the thread for people Not listening...

thats a dick move.

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 09:00 AM
haha that logic would work if we were in any other thread, but to post in the thread for people Not listening...

thats a dick move.

Maybe... maybe I wanna take them to their dark side!!!!!!!!!!

Men, I really enojoyed the album, and I will buy it (with the remasters), so... give me a break. Every offspring fan should listen to it right now, the band put time on that site

Manic Subsida
06-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Doh. YEAH, GREAT JOB MAN! Post it in this thread, very good.

Manic Subsida
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM

Men, I really enojoyed the album, and I will buy it (with the remasters), so... give me a break. Every offspring fan should listen to it right now, the band put time on that site
True, but some wont listen to it. So then you respect that. At least, I do. :)

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm still laughing my ass off on the word "PREMAIR" in the other thread:D

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 09:06 AM
True, but some wont listen to it. So then you respect that. At least, I do. :)

I'm not disrecpeting them... FUCK, I DIDN'T put the link, I put my opinion. For Tezcatlipoca, you need to chill out XD

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 09:09 AM

I don't like cookies...

HA.

hshduppsnt
06-09-2008, 09:13 AM

haha fair enough... hey man i'm just giving you a hard time like you were giving us.

personally I'm alright with it... i mean hell im even posting in the other thread and i'm thinking just that... that they put it up so why Not listen... hahaha but again thats not for this thread

Manic Subsida
06-09-2008, 09:14 AM
For Tezcatlipoca, you need to chill out XD
Huh? Tezcatlipoca!? xD

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Huh? Tezcatlipoca!? xD

Is an ancient mexica god (wrong known as aztecs), and was also a god for toltecas, mayans-I guess, etc... I said that cause I'm agnostic and I will prevent to say God or something

hshduppsnt
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
damn it... so next tuesday I'll actually be out of town for a friends wedding and i'd be imposing on him if I made him take me to a record store then hid away for an hour... i think I'm gonna leave this thread... :(

Black
06-09-2008, 09:24 AM
its the nostalgia of pretending its the 90's.

LOL.

hshduppsnt
06-09-2008, 09:27 AM

LOL.

nothing wrong with that :)

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 09:28 AM

LOL.

Exactly. :)

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 09:28 AM
nothing wrong with that :)

Yes, is pretty bad... Is like expecting that David Lee Roth will rejoin with Van Halen and will the overrated era of roth... WAIT A MINUTE XD

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 09:29 AM

LOL.

Lol I can't wait to buy the cassette! :p

Free?
06-09-2008, 09:46 AM
A cassette. Hahahaha

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Holy fuck. The.. temptation.. is.. so.. big... :eek:

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 10:01 AM
I wish I didn't listen to it, (like you guys ;))

it's just too much American Idiot for me..

all this waiting for a Green Day rip off...

Even though I didn't hear the entire album, I can say that if it wasn't a sarcasm, that's a pretty dumb statement.

Short_Attention_Span
06-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Uh, "American Idiot?"

Maybe a little in the last song, but that's not totally accurate.
________
Vaporizer affiliate programs (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)

Free?
06-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Nah, that's just a provocation. The perverted way to make us listen. WILL NOT WORK!

Short_Attention_Span
06-09-2008, 10:05 AM
*Realizes what thread she's in, and quietly exits stage left*

Sorry!
________
latin girl Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

HeadAroundU
06-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Fucking fuck off Ninty Man.

pol_spain
06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
i was in your opinion.
but i felt. i've heard. i will not tell you anymore, that the quality is pretty good in imeem. i will buy it. and your patient will be refound

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah I know I'd better go to the Whining thread ;)

Indeed. This is not a thread for listeners' opinions.

get lost.

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
It's always nice to piss some people off :D

I'll e-bite you.. :mad:

holland25
06-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Heeey, I have this granny as my profile picture!

EDIT: No, I don't. It's another one.

Manic Subsida
06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
sarcasm :D just wanted to see your reaction ;)

but there is a part that's true in my statement..

it's great, there are great songs. For me, after a few songs it gets really boring and starts to sound too much like green day.

I 'm a fan since 1998 and I can say this album is really dissapointing for me.

Anyway, that's just my opinion :p

I think many girls at the age of 13 will like it, and the album will get TO back on the map..
But I'm not a fan of this album...
I think it's great they're going into new musical-directions, but in my opinion they failed.

Yeah I know I'd better go to the Whining thread ;)
Girls at the age of 13? Uh, wtf?
98% of the fans in this forum LOVES the new album. It has some good old-ish songs, some new stuff, some of it is HARD and punk rock, some of it is soft, but all of it is THE OFFSPRING. This album is great.

Little_Miss_1565
06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
If someone doesn't want to listen to the album yet, leave them alone. No one wants to read this pointless bullshit.

Lethargyy
06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Will the booklet have the meanings of the songs, 'cause I'm really interested in seeing that. I got money on Takes Me Nowhere being about drug addictions.

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Will the booklet have the meanings of the songs, 'cause I'm really interested in seeing that. I got money on Takes Me Nowhere being about drug addictions.

Nah. Don't think they'll talk about it. At all.

Lethargyy
06-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Nah. Don't think they'll talk about it. At all.

Well, whats on the booklet that's so amazing? You guys seemed to mention the booklet a lot.

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Well, whats on the booklet that's so amazing? You guys seemed to mention the booklet a lot.

Nope. Nobody has seen it yet. We said we want to listen to the songs with the booklets in our hands when the cd comes out.

=]

iPunk247
06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
did ya'll already access in order to download teh actual new RAFRAG album??!!

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Can't understand your question. :o

Pepsaj
06-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Welcome new day Non-listeners :) Did you watch Hammerhead video? I did i've got mixed feelings about that...

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 06:47 AM
The animation is cool. But that's about it.

I know what we should listen while waiting for RAFRAG! Soxicmusic's new album leaked:
http://www.soxicmusic.com/mainpage/audio/Daniel%20Soxic%20-%20Yearning%20to%20breath%20free%202008%20MP3.rar
:D :D :D

disclaimer_07
06-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Can't understand your question. :o

Looks like iPunk247 is using her own language. LOL
She was probably asking about the leak.

pulstar
06-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I have to wait a week longer :( (going on vacation june 14th)
but my doubts grow stronger, it's so tempting to listen once to all the songs... I was thinking, if something happens on vacation, like falling off a mountain, then i'll never get to hear RAFRAG :eek:

p.s.: already heard hammerhead as "premiere" at kroq. that was awesome. and half-truism live, part of trust in you.

LowEndLem
06-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm ashamed of myself. I promised myself I would not listen to any songs from RAFRAG.

Then I found their music profile on iLike on FaceBook.

It's been on repeat since I found it.

disclaimer_07
06-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Maybe you should listen to the songs with some shitty equipment and wait for the release to hear the real beauty of the album.

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Maybe you should listen to the songs with some shitty equipment and wait for the release to hear the real beauty of the album.

Imho, that would spoil it even more.

F@ BANKZ
06-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I just caved.
oh man, cave, for the life of you cave!

Zebulon
06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I think you people are making a big deal out of it. If you stream it, you will still be suprised, you will still be hearing it for the first time...And to be honest, I don't understand the "special" feeling you get when you first listen...It's only music, it's not something amazing or anything...Sorry, I don't get why you'd deprive yourself for no reason.:(

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I have also something to confess. I listened to Kristy. Wanted to hear desperately at least one of the slow ones. Did not regret it.;) Still have not heard 7 songs :p

Pepsaj
06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I think you people are making a big deal out of it. If you stream it, you will still be suprised, you will still be hearing it for the first time...And to be honest, I don't understand the "special" feeling you get when you first listen...It's only music, it's not something amazing or anything...Sorry, I don't get why you'd deprive yourself for no reason.:(
But please, dont cry :(

ernesto88
06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
come on guys ! are you insane?
i listened all new songs and i'm not a criminal-pirata ok?
only i listen new songs and i wait to 17 /06 for go to buy the disc!
anything changed

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Our wait was never about piracy/buying/not-buying etc. At least mine. I said it here already.

Vera
06-10-2008, 12:47 PM

"It's not something amazing or anything" - I think that's kind of the point, to get into that special mood or atmosphere where the music will feel more amazing. For example, I love to listen to cd's for the first time while focusing on the music 100% and reading through the lyrics booklet.

Another thing I enjoy doing is taking a peaceful walk with my iPod and the music there with me. I find it hard to concentrate on music if I surf the web or am doing something else while listening to music for the first time.

And wtf is wrong with wanting to decide for yourself how you listen to some music? It's our choice, after all. Hell, I could wait a year to listen to this album if I chose so (I doubt I'll be largely exposed to all the songs on it).

I think a lot of it's got to do with the anti-instant gratification idea. When you buy a CD, you can't listen to it straight away. The anticipation of travelling with the music to your home and then getting to hear it is all a part of the experience.

Camilamazed
06-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Vera.

If you don't know how it feels to wait till you have the CD I'm very sorry for you. Internet can be great, but when it comes to music it is not so nice for me.

I grew up waiting desperately to get a brand-new CD and stuff, so I really know how it feels.

And I do not regret. I did the same with Alanis's newest and was teh best desicion I had. I guess it will be exactly the smae when I get my RAFRAG.

:p

HeadAroundU
06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm still going strong. I'm so busy reading all the reviews...:)

Free?
06-10-2008, 03:56 PM
It's not that hard after all. I have a Hammerhead video to keep busy my mind with. And it's our self-esteem and respect to the band (especially for showing some respect to us with non-mainstream single) that makes us wait for cd. That's the way we love The Offspring, the band doesn't mind to share their music with us for free, but we don't want to remember RAFRAG premiere as sitting in front of monitor and reading some bitching about how shitty the hammerhead video is or whatever.

Conspiracyof1000
06-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I woke up this morning and the first thing that came to mind was that it's only a week until it comes out. :)
It's hard waiting. I think I can do it, though. Only a week...One frikkin week...
...Hurry up, week!

IamSam
06-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Much respect to those of you who haven't listened yet. It takes a lot of self control!:)

Vera
06-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I don't know. I would download the Amazon dl and then buy the CD once it becomes cheaper but the dl is for only US citizens so I basically have no legal means of getting the full album and I don't like streaming music online (except online radio). For me it's more a decision to obtain it legally (and not do the "download + buy later" thing I sometimes do), and desire to hear it for the first time once I have legally obtained a copy.

I have a huge desire to listen to it, of course, but if I avoid this particular forum or its on-topic parts it's not so bad. I'll catch up with you guys come next Wednesday. :]

Rehynn
06-11-2008, 01:29 AM
It's only music, it's not something amazing or anything

To me, there's very few things as amazing as music:) I've only heard the studio version of Hammerhead once, and the live (bad quality) version of Half-Truism a couple times, and that's it. Only 6 days to go....

Conspiracyof1000
06-11-2008, 01:29 AM
I can't avoid the forum. It's second nature to type it as soon as I come online.
I will wait. I've tried to not even look at my Offspring playlist to keep my mind off of it, but I failed that miserably. I bought a Sum 41 DVD with some extra cash I had and tried to distract myself with that but it's not working, either. Eventually I'll go to my friend's house (she has high-speed internet, unlike myself) and listen to the songs.
Self-control is hard. I never noticed that before.

Camilamazed
06-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I can't avoid the forum. It's second nature to type it as soon as I come online.
I will wait. I've tried to not even look at my Offspring playlist to keep my mind off of it, but I failed that miserably. I bought a Sum 41 DVD with some extra cash I had and tried to distract myself with that but it's not working, either. Eventually I'll go to my friend's house (she has high-speed internet, unlike myself) and listen to the songs.
Self-control is hard. I never noticed that before.

I can't believe we're about to make it. I would've never thought I could make it this far..
=D

Conspiracyof1000
06-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Six days. Six freaking days.

Pepsaj
06-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Come on guys, we can do it :) Concentrate on Euro2008 :D

Conspiracyof1000
06-12-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm focusing on how strange-looking Deryck is in my sig...Focus...

dff_punk
06-12-2008, 04:54 AM
I have only 4 freakin' days 'til I buy it! Come on, we can resist! :)

The Search Button
06-12-2008, 05:15 AM
I predict massive orgasms for the users of this thread.

Sorry if this post make you feel bad, but the waiting will pay off.

Camilamazed
06-12-2008, 06:04 AM
I'm sure my waiting will pay off. I've always had a lot of faith on these guys..

5 days to go...

Free?
06-12-2008, 06:06 AM
The bad thing about this waiting is that I can't listen to full Live in Paris since there was Trust In You...
Listening to this instead http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=KGqKIoGKvRE

Pepsaj
06-12-2008, 07:49 AM
UUuuhhh, I was affraid that it was Rick Roll :P LTJ is fine ;) Mondey is coming closer and closer :) We gonna make it, woo hoo!

Conspiracyof1000
06-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah! We can do it!

Camilamazed
06-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Worse than that, Free? is all of friends on instant messaging teasing you, trying to talk to you about the CD to share their happiness. Also watching threads with reviews, people's thoughts and I can't read them.

Still 5 days to go....

Good thing is I'm going to NJ this weekend and I won't have time to think about it.

dff_punk
06-14-2008, 06:35 AM
For all of those who are still waiting(I've got 2 more days:)), I found the brand new Less Than Jake album leaked. This is it. (http://www.mediafire.com/?memxnwij99y) I hope it will help the wait at least for some of us;)

Free?
06-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Gee, thanks! I have few days for LTJ's new records.
Have recieved confirmation that RAFRAG and Smash+Ignition reissues are sent to me, don't know exactly how log will it take to make those cuties come to daddy though. :)_

IdleOffspring
06-14-2008, 08:30 AM
I have waited till the album was out to listen to it, and know owning it and love it, it's great to wait until you have it in your hands. listening to it nonstop two days now :)

keep it up, it's worth the wait

Autonomist
06-14-2008, 08:35 AM
I waited for the album and it was way worth it. Keep holding strong anyone who is doing the same.

Paki7491
06-14-2008, 10:37 AM
My Opinion of this thread:

Hey! Lets show the band how much we like their music by not listening to it even though they've put it on the internet so we can know whether it's worth buying or not!!

Sorry, it's just that it really makes no sense to me.

Free?
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Hey! Lets show the band how much we like their music by not listening to it even though they've put it on the internet so we can know whether it's worth buying or not!!

Roll few pages back, there were some explanations. You got that completely wrong.

Conspiracyof1000
06-14-2008, 05:02 PM
It's Saturday today...and it comes out Tuesday...
C'mon, we can make it! Almost there!

Free?
06-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Honestly, I'm not even struggling now, I'm expecting my album to arrive in few days and I'm calm.

Rehynn
06-15-2008, 02:41 AM
Honestly, I'm not even struggling now, I'm expecting my album to arrive in few days and I'm calm.

Yeah, my Japanese limited edition should arrive tomorrow, so I feel I could hold my breath that long:)
Yesterday my band had a gig, and our guitarist, who has already heard the record, started playing and humming Let's Hear it for Rock Bottom (he told me it was that song) backstage, I was thisclose to kicking his ass:D

Conspiracyof1000
06-15-2008, 02:50 AM
I should really be in bed right now but I don't care because I'm...who knows. Tired, probably. I don't know what's going on...

Pepsaj
06-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Just one more day, woo hoo! :D Congratulations guys ;)

Camilamazed
06-15-2008, 07:55 AM

My opinion of your reply:

Hey! Let's show these members here how I know how to be annoying just because I have nothing better to say.

Sorry, your reply is just something that makes no sense to me either.

Free?
06-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Well, guys, I have to say that I gave up and listening to RAFRAG mp3s now. Pre-ordered the album on amazon.com 2 weeks ago, and after recieved the mail saying that my cd was sent on 15th June and approximate arriving time will be 3rd July... I live in Europe, not North Pole so I find that shipment time very unacceptable. Not another 2 weeks.
I hope none of you would have the same experience as me!!!
Not to spoil the album, I'll just say - no matter how good prepeared you are, it still will beat all of your expectations as a huge surprise like it was to me. And see you outside of this thread asap (hopefully)! ;)

HeadAroundU
06-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Traitor! Let's burn him at stake!

Jesus
06-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Well, guys, I have to say that I gave up and listening to RAFRAG mp3s now. Pre-ordered the album on amazon.com 2 weeks ago, and after recieved the mail saying that my cd was sent on 15th June and approximate arriving time will be 3rd July... I live in Europe, not North Pole so I find that shipment time very unacceptable.

Hmm why didn't you order it amazon.co.uk, amazon.de or amazon.fr then? You would have had it in a couple days! :) 2 weeks shipping is quite normal for stores based in the US.

Free?
06-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Hmm why didn't you order it amazon.co.uk, amazon.de or amazon.fr then? You would have had it in a couple days! :) 2 weeks shipping is quite normal for stores based in the US.

That was my mistake :o . Never purchased anything from internet before, so I had a "good" first experience, never thought of amazon.co.uk , and .com is .com not .us after all. I guess it's too late to warn others not to repeat my mistake.

Jack-UK
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
So.. worth the wait?

Pepsaj
06-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm going to buy it tommorow, but I will wait a little bit longer until I listen to it. I want to listen it with my girlfriend. Oh, now it will be hard to resist, with CD on desk... :)

Conspiracyof1000
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
I was supposed to get my friend right after I got the CD so we could listen to it, but I couldn't resist. Oh God it's so fucking awesome.

Free?
06-17-2008, 01:02 PM
So.. worth the wait?

Mate it will be your decision. I personally liked that shit :P

crrrN
06-17-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm going to buy it tommorow, but I will wait a little bit longer until I listen to it. I want to listen it with my girlfriend. Oh, now it will be hard to resist, with CD on desk... :)

Lol, you still haven't heard anything?

Camilamazed
06-17-2008, 02:42 PM
So.. worth the wait?

Totally. Got it this morning, have listened to it 8 times and can't believe the guys did something so different yet so great.

I love it.

dff_punk
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Does this thread have any sense today when everyone has heard it already? Or are there still some virgins? :p

HeadAroundU
06-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I haven't. So be nice to baby-HAU.

dff_punk
06-17-2008, 04:40 PM
I haven't. So be nice to baby-HAU.

Here's your "hrkalka" :D
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/dff_punk/12448zirafa_hrkalka.jpg

HeadAroundU
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Tru punx "hrkalka" with red mohawk! \m/

Vera
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Totally. Got it this morning, have listened to it 8 times and can't believe the guys did something so different yet so great.

I love it.

Seconded.

So .. no more non-listeners should be around now, right? It's officially out on all corners of the world, including my BACKWARDS ASSFACE COUNTRY that got it last.

HeadAroundU
06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I just opened a package. Guess what's in there! Another baby! :D

Rooster
06-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Seconded.

So .. no more non-listeners should be around now, right? It's officially out on all corners of the world, including my BACKWARDS ASSFACE COUNTRY that got it last.

Yeah, the CD is in every country now....unless you live in Slovenia (i wrote an email to a store and they replied that RFRG will be in Slovenia in 14 days:mad:)

but i have downloaded a leak, so i guess i can wait till then:rolleyes:

Pepsaj
06-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Yeah, the CD is in every country now....unless you live in Slovenia (i wrote an email to a store and they replied that RFRG will be in Slocenia in 14 days:mad:)

but i have downloaded a leak, so i guess i can wait till then:rolleyes:
14 days from now? OM..... Slovenia is in UE, right?

Rooster
06-20-2008, 05:59 AM
14 days from now? OM..... Slovenia is in UE, right?

Yep, it is... In fact, our prime minister is the council of EU for a six month period, which will end sometime soon.

Maybe it's a government conspiracy that we still don't have the CD:D However, i will keep looking for it in every music store in my way, maybe the other stores will get it before (i hope, but doubt about it)