PDA

View Full Version : What I don't like in RAGRAF

Nitro Punk
06-09-2008, 11:13 AM
" Fix me" sounds a lot like "chasing cars" from Snow Patrols and

"Lets Hear It For Rock Bottoms"sounds like Franco unamerican from NOFX

I did't like it when first heard it but hey there are songs that kick ass in there!
My personal fav is "trust in you"

The Search Button
06-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Nothing!

\o/

H1T_That
06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Whats RAGRAF?

dff_punk
06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Rise and Grace, Rage and Fall?? :p

maplejet
06-09-2008, 11:17 AM
The closer "Rise and Fall" feels dull and fails as a closer, especially when compared to "Change the World" and "Pay the Man".

nightvision
06-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm a little annoyed that the title track sounds exactly like Green Day but other than that... Nothing. I love the album!

Rafa88offspring
06-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm a little annoyed that the title track sounds exactly like Green Day but other than that... Nothing. I love the album!

same here.

pol_spain
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
maybe the last song rise and fall. Maybe they could choosen a different ending for the album. Anyway, we all are agree saying it's one of the best albums

keonii7
06-09-2008, 11:21 AM
There's always a song or two I don't like in every album, so my verdict is- SICK ALBUM, DEX.

Komaschwarz
06-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Like Franco Unamerican?

I'm obsessed with NOFX, and that thought never even crossed my mind once.

Get off the dope, son!

medi01
06-09-2008, 11:23 AM
personally i feel that the offspring should not rip off from eminem and 50 cent ... the similarities are so obvious...offspring shud be sued for copyright....NOT

this is offspring and its their music and IT ROCKS!! so stop fuckin bitching!!

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 11:24 AM
OH MY GOODNESS.

So early???

Thread needs to be closed till 17th. Let people enjoy it first. COME ON.

Go listen to something else, you guys.

RonWelty
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
First, i love this record, at least, their best in the last 10 years.

Now, Songs that i can“t rate 10/10:

- Fix You
- Rock Bottom
- RIse and Fall

They aren't bad, but they“re not great song, at least, now, maybe i will change my view on them. I hope so!

forcyn
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Fix you - my no1 hate on this album. didn't even listen to the end.
Half-Tourism is not one of my favs too. verses are awesome, chorus sucks

Jesus
06-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Half-Tourism

this is priceless

holland25
06-09-2008, 11:37 AM
The closer "Rise and Fall" feels dull and fails as a closer, especially when compared to "Change the World" and "Pay the Man".

And CO1 didn't?

TeddyBear_Army
06-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Nothing“s...album“s perfect!
AND I FUCKING LOVE FIX YOU!
I WANNA MARRY IT AND HAVE BABIES WITH IT!

n00b
this is priceless

oh god
:p :p :p

Dragnet
Fix you and the last track (let's face it, it's a green day rip-off) are really not that great. I have to stress that out on Fix You. It hurts in my ears :rolleyes:

Besides them, the album is pretty decent, much better then Splinter and even
conspiracy of one I'd say.

Offspring.of.Offspring
06-09-2008, 11:41 AM
This thread sucks so much that if this thread makes it to 10 pages, I'll eat my head.

medi01
06-09-2008, 11:42 AM
this is priceless

it is...what a noob

holland25
06-09-2008, 11:44 AM
This thread sucks so much that if this thread makes it to 10 pages, I'll eat my head.

Bon apetit.

And please, record it on camera. I would love to see it.

Jaded skies
06-09-2008, 11:50 AM
i actually like Rise and fall better than rock bottom. and i hate american idiot.

i dont like fix you. although i listened to it once. so i guess i need to give it a chance.

spidey255
06-09-2008, 11:55 AM
I like all the songs. However, I think the tracklisting is horribly top-heavy. All the really good songs are in the beginning and the memorability of the songs just decreases as it goes on.

Manic Subsida
06-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Please, delete this thread.

Capricorn4
06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Theres another thread for those who want to complain.

Offspring.of.Offspring
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnJjuliUVI8
Not Rick Roll, srsly.

And the guy above me is right, delete this mofo.

Capricorn4
06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnJjuliUVI8
Not Rick Roll, srsly.

And the guy above me is right, delete this mofo.

Yes,and by the way I'm a girl.

Camilamazed
06-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Happy People x Whinners.

Close thread wins. Mods?

commonrider5447
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Like Franco Unamerican?

I'm obsessed with NOFX, and that thought never even crossed my mind once.

Get off the dope, son!

I agree w/ u, I love Franco Unamerican and listen to it all the time and Rock Bottom didnt remind me of it at all

Superdope
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Half-tourism... is that like, when you have a fannypack, but no hawaii-shirt, or the other way around?

LEOFLOYD
06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
fix you... i don't like this song

The_BlackSwordsman
06-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Fix You is good. I mean, there isn't a bad song in this album. Some better than others, but I don't think Fix You is bad by a mile. :p

JohnnyNemesis
06-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I have to admit that I really hate the chorus of Half-Truism. Love the rest of the song though.

keonii7
06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I have to admit that I really hate the chorus of Half-Truism. Love the rest of the song though.

I definitely thought that at first, but it's been growing on me.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ALBUM'S CAPACITY TO KEEP GROWING ON ME.

Who knows, maybe by the end of the month, we'll all love Fix You and Rise and Fall a lot.

Cejus
06-09-2008, 02:19 PM
I know what you mean, it's too different from the ret of the song's rythm. I didn't like it before, either, but now I picture myself slowly headbangind and waving my arms during a concert, maybe in a stadium-like place... and I like it that way.

I'm so weird, I know.

It's a just a very stadium-suitable chorus.

Rafa88offspring
06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
haha I really dig "Half-Tourism":p I think it's my favorite on this record, although a little solo would have made it epic, I can't complain though it is great.

I looooooove Fix You, it's very different from everything else they've done and to me it fits.

And to the girl crying "close this!", come on! you know a cd has 2 sides, this time we're discussing the 'side' we don't like, if you don't like this don't come here but this is in no way a "whinning" thread. If opinions were always good for everything, it would be pretty damn hard to make an improvement.

What if you asked someone "does this look ok on me?" and everyone says "yeah it's great", all of a sudden you are eating garbage from a dumpster cause nobody told you it was not ok. OK?

Again, the album rocks, but it has an ugly side as everything else in life.

Dead Kennedy
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
i dislike fix you,its fine i guess,but i dont have tha nerves to listen to the end

Rafa88offspring
06-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I have a great feeling that it will grow on you and the other people who dislike it.

I'm having a hard time dealing with the last track, I don't know if that will grow on me. I mean there's songs like Why don't you get a job that I never really liked but are fun to listen to every once in a while, but somehow I don't see myself listening to rise and fall any time soon. I just wish American Idiot would disappear even if it is a good song.

Katy
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
No-one else think Trust in You sounds a lot like Smash?

Rafa88offspring
06-09-2008, 03:27 PM
make that everyone else. But it has enough of its own to make it a different great song, it just has the vibe and rhythm

azevedu
06-09-2008, 03:31 PM
its easier to say what i liked in RAFRAG..

TRUST IN YOU

Rafa88offspring
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
and that's it?!

Bipolar Bear
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Thread title:
What I don't like in RAGRAF

Back to the question, this album is great, and exceeds all my expectations. I'd say that I don't like the slow song as much as the others, but it adds diversity although I'll probably always end up skipping it. However, don't get me wrong, it's a great song, just not my style.

thesparky33
06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah! I heard the beginning and immediately, I thought "Smash!"...

MAXTER
06-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I Don't Like Hammerhead's Video...:(

shanna_guarana
06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
likeeee....video?:(

camilo andres
06-09-2008, 06:42 PM
The video, I dont like it.

disclaimer_07
06-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah! I heard the beginning and immediately, I thought "Smash!"...

It should be called "Smash In You".

MAXTER
06-09-2008, 06:57 PM
likeeee....video?:(

And You? Do You like The New offspring's video?:cool:

Selfesteem_
06-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Nothing, but now that the album has been released im sure you will see a lot more people bitching about it. I personally think it is all fantastic, from pre release hype, artwork, live shows and finally the online premiere.

brian.offspring
06-09-2008, 08:42 PM

oh shit, please let's make it to 10 pages . .

same here, but just in some parts . . like the beggining . . it's not a copy from smash, you know ..

Drafan
06-09-2008, 08:48 PM
If this thread makes it to ten pages, I“ll dig up 2 questions. No shit.

maplejet
06-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Here's something else.

Some of the songs simply "fade out"...most Offspring songs never go like this...I felt songs like Rock Bottom would have been better without the fade out.

Jaded skies
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Here's something else.

Some of the songs simply "fade out"...most Offspring songs never go like this...I felt songs like Rock Bottom would have been better without the fade out.

i heard that too. people are saying a lot like me whouls be a good single. it fades out. not to say that it cant be a single because it fades, but you dont hear too many songs on the radio that fade out. it kinda sounds bad.

Satanic_Surfer
06-09-2008, 11:27 PM
You hear the Linkin Park, Green Day and indie pop influences clearly... and Manson would've been proud of Shit Is Fucked...

...but hey, that Trust In You actually sound like the skate punk i remember them playing when i started to listen to them like what... 10 years ago or something?

ixnay
06-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Half-Truism - an MCR song (though I had to be told that. I still love it)
Rise And Fall - American Idiot
Nothingtown - Want You Bad v2
Trust In You - Smash (song)

Stuff Is Messed Up - the beat reminds me of a song that I don't know the name of. But after the beat there's "HEY!" in the song over and over.

Jaded skies
06-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Stuff Is Messed Up - the beat reminds me of a song that I don't know the name of. But after the beat there's "HEY!" in the song over and over.The one played at basketball games all the time?

Satanic_Surfer
06-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Kids, kids... didnt i just say MANSON would be proud of that one?

The words you're looking for is Marilyn Manson.

ixnay
06-09-2008, 11:46 PM
The one played at basketball games all the time?

Most likely. Though I am an Aussie and don't watch basketball (I play it though). But it'd suit as a song for sports at the venue.

EDIT: While this is the "What you don't like" thread... none of what I said is a disliking to me. I was just elaborating on the "sounds like" aspect of the thread.

Rafa88offspring
06-09-2008, 11:54 PM
yes, it reminds me of Gary Glitter's classic sports anthem hahaha. But only slightly, don't quote me to say it's a ripoff fuckers.

what's that about marilyn manson? I don't get it :S

I actually did like the hammerhead video, but I would have put a little more emphasis on the school thing. OR done something similar to Do The Evolution.

Rooster
06-10-2008, 09:42 AM
What i don't like in RFRG? I don't like that it hasn't been officially released yet (except from in Japan)

brian.offspring
06-11-2008, 08:01 PM
dammit . . we didn't reach 10 pages . .

brad_logan
06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
things i dont like about the album

the second half of it.

rock bottom, rise and fall, nothingtown

all sound INCREDIBLY bland. i can't believe they are offspring songs.

kristy sounds less serious than it should, stuff is messed up is quite childish.

i pre-ordered this album and now i regret it after listening to the stram of it on the IMEEM preview thing.

i would have been much happier purchasing

Half Truism
Trust In You
You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Hammerhead
A Lot Like Me
Stuff Is Messed Up (yes childish but also certainly listenable) on iTunes. That would cost me less than a fiver. infact with hammerhead free it would cost about £4. as it is, i have ordered it and it will be £9.99 i think. i don't mind giving more money to the offspring though, i just wish that they would acknowledge their first few cds more.

The_BlackSwordsman
06-11-2008, 09:38 PM
things i dont like about the album

the second half of it.

rock bottom, rise and fall, nothingtown

all sound INCREDIBLY bland. i can't believe they are offspring songs.

kristy sounds less serious than it should, stuff is messed up is quite childish.

I don't think they sound bland. Rock Bottom has a cool sound, Nothingtown is very catchy. Only Rise And Fall has a more generic sound to it.

Kristy sounds serious enough, and Stuff Is Messed Up is awesome. See nothing childish about it.

I like all the songs. They're good IMO. Anyway, you're entitled to yours...

brad_logan
06-11-2008, 09:47 PM
actually i like Kristy more than i mentioned in my message originally.
i would download that from iTunes too

i dont think its a bad cd, but that its just not as good as i was hoping for. in a weeks time, i could be listening to nothingtown thinking - "how could i think this was dull before?!"

without having read the lyrics to nothingtown properly, they actually are reminsicent of that nofx song on War on Errrorism.. about where the punk rockers would live after retiring. cant remember the name.

and also rock bottom sounds NOTHING like franco unamerican, to who ever said that?!

I like all the songs. They're good IMO. Anyway, you're entitled to yours

refreshing comment, a million times better than the "this album is amazing, this thread is epic failz, close it down now! brigade"

RockstarSuicide
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I agree the album is very top heavy. I usually go back to start after A Lot Like Me. But yeah I find most of the songs sound a lot like other bands too or prior songs. Some I don't mind, others it detracts from it.

Half-Truism - MCR's Helena
Trust in You - Smash
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid's pre-chorus - Muse's Time Is Running Out
Nothingtown - A similar feel to Lit's Look Like They Were Right
Rock Bottom - I hear the Franco-Unamerican but it's not that big but I get a feel of a lot of past songs I've heard
Rise and Fall - Yeah we all hear Green Day there

Kristy and Fix You are just not album worthy. I haven't skipped tracks so quickly since Living In Chaos. And yeah, the video sucks. Hit That was better :P

Rooster
06-12-2008, 03:32 AM
dammit . . we didn't reach 10 pages . .

Don't worry.....maybe we will :D

But there already is a link to youtube of someone eating his own head, somewhere on the first few pages...

Captiosus
06-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Rise and Fall - Yeah we all hear Green Day there

Kristy reminds me of Green Day as well. Every time I hear it, I think of "Wake Me Up When September Ends". Seriously, even the intros and outros to both songs. Different use of chords is about all that separate them.

Not that this bothers me, mind you. I like listening to bands as they change and evolve (its for this reason Megadeth's Risk is one of my favorite 'Deth albums even though many fans disown the album completely).

The "American Idiot" influence is pretty strong in RAFRAG, imo, not just in Rise & Fall.

Rafa88offspring
06-13-2008, 12:09 AM
now that I sang out loud both Rock Bottom and Franco, they do bare some sort of slight resemblance and that by no means is bashing on offspring.

It's kinda like the chorus is similar to the part where they sing in Franco:
"I rather move north and be a canadian, or head down south with the nice australians"

What I don't get is reviewers comparing that song to blink 182, wtf?
At most, it sounds like "My Girlfriend's Shower Sucks" by Goldfinger, but it's just the same style reggae.

Looking forward to the tenth page :)

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
06-13-2008, 01:10 AM
The more I listen to the second part of the album, the more I like it. Exept for Fix you... Rise and fall does sounds alot like Green Day, but I actually like that song very much. And Kristy is a good song too. I think it's a good album. But to me, only the first 4 songs sounds really Offspring...

Drafan
06-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Mmmmm, 8th page, write better here than in why I hate RAFRAG.

Mucho Macho
06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
After having the CD for about a week now I can finally answer this question properly! Here are the things I don't like:

- The singing part in Takes Me Nowhere (intro and somewhere in the middle, reminds me a bit too much of Green Day and Dexter doesn't have the right voice to do that).
- The last song (Rise and Fall, it just "doesn't sound good" to me).
- The endings of A Lot Like Me and Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom (why the fading?)
- The last thing, and this may sound odd, but I find the order of the songs a bit strange. Almost all the heavy songs are in the beginning and the slower or more funny songs (Kristy, Fix You, SIMU and Rock Bottom) in the second half. When I play them on my stereo, I play them in this order and it sounds/feels better and more Offspring-style to me (Rise And Fall I don't play):

Half-Truism
Hammerhead
Stuff Is Messed Up
A Lot Like Me
Fix You
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Takes Me Nowhere
Kristy
Trust In You
Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom
Nothingtown (The ideal song to end with with the "Here We Go-o-o-o-o-o-o")

Overall, I find it a good album (I'd give it an 8). I was expecting some louder stuff and perhaps one solo like in TKAA though (but hey, you can complain about everything, right?) :p

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-21-2008, 10:58 AM
The only song I don't like is Rise and Fall because the similarities to American Idiot are too much. Not only that, but compared to album closers like Change The World and Pay The Man, this is a weak song in general. The rest of the album is great, though. I still like the first half more, but the second half isn't too bad either. Strongest song of the second half is definitely Stuff Is Messed Up. The first two songs are so fucking powerful though. What a great way to start an album.

Spring
06-21-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't like "Fix you" at all, sure dexters voice is good but the rest of the song is just ugh. And in the begining and the chours of "Stuff is messed up" the breathing sound like thingy sounds like the begining of marlyn mason song indisponibel teens, which I really dont like, tho the song still kickass! And the chours on "Half truism" I dont like so much but yet the song still kickass:D.