PDA

View Full Version : Next Single

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I know there was a poll on what we thought it would be from the samples, but now that the full album is online, and most of us have heard it, what do you guys think it will be?

Thomas
06-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I remember that when Splinter was first released, I predicted that CGMHAY would be the next single, but with this album, all of them are potential radio hits, so it's really impossible to tell.

Xyrin
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I know there was a poll on what we thought it would be from the samples, but now that the full album is online, and most of us have heard it, what do you guys think it will be?

I can't pick just one.

Half-Truism
Trust In You
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
A Lot Like Me
Stuff Is Messed Up

Give me more time to listen to the rest of the CD.

Those 5 have major potential to be singles... This CD is full of them.

Jesus
06-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Either
Fix you
You're Gonna Far, Kid (but it has swearing)
Kristy
Half-Truism

But it'll probably be Kristy I guess.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I can't pick just one.

Half-Truism
Trust In You
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
A Lot Like Me
Stuff Is Messed Up

Give me more time to listen to the rest of the CD.

Those 5 have major potential to be singles... This CD is full of them.

Completely agreed with you. I figure it's gonna be Half-Truism or YGGFK. But the entire album is incredible! I can't stop listening :D

holland25
06-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Kristy.

Yes.

Jaded skies
06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
i hope its kristy. i really like that song. it makes you think about life.

The_Bass
06-09-2008, 11:44 AM
I hope Kristy, I love it!

Capricorn4
06-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Next single:I hope it'll be takes me nowhere,Kristy or lot like me,those three are the best.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-09-2008, 11:45 AM
I underestimated Kristy a lot. I thought it was gonna be the letdown of the album, along with some of the other poppier sounding songs, but they turned out GREAT! Especialy A Lot Like Me..I didn't think that one would be as good as it is!

thrice170487
06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I hope for You're gonna go far kid as the second and Kristy as the third single.

I have this vision of yggfk playing in your local alternative club and everybodys hitting the floor...the right groove and the right kinda attitude

And kristy could become really popular i guess

H1T_That
06-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I hope its Trust In You.

Why? Because it's fucking awesome.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Trust In You is my favorite song from the album, but I think it'll either be Half-Truism or Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?........which are also kickass songs.

maplejet
06-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Trust in You just doesn't feel like it will grab the attention of the radio. I think "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" is the best choice!

Count Orlok
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I think "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" is the best choice!

Me too!:D:cool:

LEOFLOYD
06-09-2008, 12:36 PM
maybe half-truism good song & they played in someone concerts must be the next single

BIG Nicky
06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Stuff is messed up, is my bet.
Wow, that would be so intense.

IamSam
06-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Half-Truism.

Catchy chorus. Great music.

Queer Duck
06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Half-Truism is really catchy, it would be a good choice for a single.
It's also one of my favorite songs on the album.

JohnnyNemesis
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I predict Half-Truism. I've always felt that slower songs are better as third singles, so Kristy would be afterwards, most likely.

Fix You is going to join Vultures, Living In Chaos, and Walla Walla in the "I'm surprised that wasn't an Offspring single" Hall of Fame.

ad8
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Wasn't it already officially confirmed that Kristy will be single#2? So as #3, I'd love to see YGGFK or Stuff's Messed Up

indy900
06-09-2008, 02:11 PM
i would bet alot of money it will be YGGFC

The-Offspring-RuLe
06-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Hammerhead
Hard Fast/Catchy

You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Catchy

Trust In You
Hard/Fast/Catchy

Half Truism
Hard/Slow/Fast/Catchy

I want them in that order

medi01
06-09-2008, 02:17 PM
NOTHINGTOWN IS THE SHIT

listen to it a few times it's catchy but awesome

XYlophonetreeZ
06-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I listened and have a generally favorable opinion of it. I really really hope YGGFK isn't the next single. I thought it was the weakest song on the album. It's just a bit of a mess. It sounds like Dexter didn't really know where he wanted that song to go. My two favorites are Half-Truism and A Lot Like Me, so I hope they'll both be singles. I kinda don't think A Lot Like Me will be though. If they came out with an edited version of Stuff is Messed Up that actually said "stuff is messed up," I could see that being an awesome single. Kristy is another candidate. It's not one of my personal favorites (it's alright) but I'm thinking it'll probably end up a single.

Dead Kennedy
06-09-2008, 02:29 PM
probably kristy or a lot like me,to attract more audience to the album, they're soft songs so it would bring more mainstream audience

Jack-UK
06-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Reading myspace and facebook... looks like YGGFK is the most popular, with Half-Truism lagging behind in 2nd.

The Search Button
06-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Reading myspace and facebook... looks like YGGFK is the most popular, with Half-Truism lagging behind in 2nd.

yeah, Trust In You is getting lots of OMG's and WOOT's too.

mr.titters
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I hope for fuck sakes they don't choose YGGFK. I know for a fact bleeping out the dance fucker dance would make the song annoying as fuck. It would absolutely ruin the song. Although it's probably the catchiest song, radio would ruin it's awesomeness, so for this reason I say choose something else but keep playing it at the shows.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I hope for fuck sakes they don't choose YGGFK. I know for a fact bleeping out the dance fucker dance would make the song annoying as fuck. It would absolutely ruin the song. Although it's probably the catchiest song, radio would ruin it's awesomeness, so for this reason I say choose something else but keep playing it at the shows.

So instead of them completely censoring fucker they could just say "dance sucker dance"
That would work:rolleyes:

Ninty Man
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
So instead of them completely censoring fucker they could just say "dance sucker dance"
That would work:rolleyes:

LOL... it could work

I hope is you're gonna far kid, BUT I think that halftruism will make it

ixnay
06-10-2008, 12:02 AM
The second single has already been chosen as Kristy.

As the third I'd imagine YGGFK with some censoring.

I Choose was a single..

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 12:15 AM
The second single has already been chosen as Kristy.

Although it probably will be the next single, nothing is 100% until the band confirms it. Also, some countries have different radio singles, ie in Australia Spare Me The Details got radio play.

ixnay
06-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Radio play =/= a single.

That's often a role radios play. They try out various tracks before singles are announced.

The label provides stations with "Samplers" from a band which will have up to 6 tracks on it with licences for all 6 to try out on the radio. Based on feedback and requests they narrow down which ones are used for radio play and are often independent of official singles. Many times these samplers and their varied feedback give the label the required data to make a deduction on which track to present as the next single.

If you follow the music scene in California this is usually how it plays out there with stations such as KROQ doing the bulk of it with their samplers.

Generally if it isn't on a sampler then it will never be a single. The song you listed is on the samplers. So that's why. Different influences in different regions mean that singles aren't always universal.

Budzy
06-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Kristy was announced the second single. I read it somewhere. pretty certain they already announced it. however. for the 3rd single.
Half Truism.

i would go for yggfk but its got swearing, and dance sucker dance doesnt hav the same energy too it.

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Kristy was announced the second single. I read it somewhere. pretty certain they already announced it.

It was only announced on some random Finish radio station, and then the news posting was quickly removed, not the most reliable source if you ask me. That said, it may very well end up as the next single.

commonrider5447
06-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Id like to see:

1. Hammerhead
2. Kristy Are You Doing Ok
3. Half-Truism / Stuff is Messed Up / Alot Like Me

While normally id say Your Gonna Go Far Kid would be great, im sorry the verse is way too similar to that Panic and the Disco song and everyone would be screaming its a rip off, and the pre chorus is too much like the Muse "time is running out". Id rather have the Offsping succeed with no one pointing fingers.

DaneBramage
06-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I would like for Stuff Is Messed Up to be the new single, but it will probably be Your Gonna Go Far, Kid, simply because it's so damn catchy.

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Both of those songs contain swearwords. Wonder how they'll deal with that.

The Mad Posse
06-10-2008, 05:51 PM
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid should defo be the next single
I hope Stuff Is Messed Up isnt. :D