PDA

View Full Version : Poll about the video

skoko
06-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Here it is. No discussions (there are already three threads). just vote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmMog8KkK6o

medi01
06-10-2008, 02:32 AM
No. worst ever offspring video...i love the song - but the video...wtf??

hit that video was animated and a bit boring...but that was just plain crazy...more videos like all i want, self esteem etc with them playing would be better

Autonomist
06-10-2008, 02:42 AM
In terms of videos, Hammerhead makes Head Around You look like All I Want.

ad8
06-10-2008, 03:52 AM
No. Hit that was enough. If the band does a music video, I want to see them in it.

darea
06-10-2008, 04:04 AM
yeah I wish we'd see the band in it at least a bit, doesnt have to be the whole video. This video is so weird, bits of it are ok, but I found it hard to believe it was the official video.

offspring kid
06-10-2008, 04:51 AM
well Hammerhead video is the worst video to the date. But cheer up guys, the new album is out enjoy it. Look at the bright side!

findout5
06-10-2008, 05:09 AM
Bad, Bad, Bad...didn't They Learn Their Lesson With Hit That?!?!?!?!

The Search Button
06-10-2008, 05:12 AM
Bad, Bad, Bad...didn't They Learn Their Lesson With Hit That?!?!?!?!

I guess they did.

Hit That, meant nothing of important at all.

This one does.

I like it.

SaiKYoU
06-10-2008, 05:59 AM
fucking weird!

i vote for no

The_Bass
06-10-2008, 06:10 AM
I tought it was about school shootings. Why do I see F117 nighthawks and officers then?!

Stranger With Candy
06-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Remin me of a Tool video. Its okay i guess. But i agree with most of you, the band should have been in the video.

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Where is the "Don't know yet" option?

zsk
06-10-2008, 07:13 AM
i can't decide yet,the beginning was shit but the ending was amazing

Macko
06-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Where is the "Don't know yet" option?

there's an option not to vote..if you dont know yet, you'll know later and then you will vote..simple..

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 07:39 AM
there's an option not to vote..if you dont know yet, you'll know later and then you will vote..simple..

Aww shit it's so obvious, ain't I just the dumbest? :D

TheOldMark
06-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Is it just me, or is this video retarded and has little or nothing to do with the song?
No doubt artsier than the Hit That video, but I don't get it.

I'd really like to hear the bands comments on the video. What are you trying to say? Do you just not want to be in first single videos anymore because you dont want the MTV image? Is it some kind of "punk" statement? Is it supposed to be an artsy statement? This is your second fully animated video, that hardcore and casual fans alike are pretty much indifferent too.
I remember in the greatest hits video commentary, dexter and noodles didnt talk about the video at all, they talked about some news story, and sort of had the "we dont care for this video and have nothing to say about it", so what are you trying to say with a second animated video you're not in at all?
and how does this "message" tie in with the video contest? Are you trying to say "fuck you Sony, our fans can do a better job?"

bouncingcoles
06-10-2008, 08:33 AM
i like the idea of the video with the animation and stuff. but some parts are pretty lame

defyuk
06-10-2008, 10:50 AM
i don't get the video! don't think it has much to do with the song. i've seen better ones in the contest. i don't like it!

Steph
06-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I found it hard to believe it was the official video.

Exactly...In the next video I'd like to see just THEM playing...That's all I want:D
But seriously...It's very weird for me. I also have the feeling it's the worst thing they've done:/...But U guys may like it

Dragnet
06-10-2008, 11:10 AM
What is this video? Once they are doing a serious song and destroy it with this shitty animated video. fuck that

Cock Joke
06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I was extremely disappointed and couldn't believe that this was the real one. I like it, I voted that I like it, but it is by far their worst one. People say it looks fan made and I agree. People say the ones for the contest are better and I agree. I keep on wanting Dexter Holland or someone to post that this is a fake and that the real one will be out shortly, know what I mean?

Again, I like it, I definitely would like to own it one way or another, but it just looks so unprofessional and like little effort was put into it. Worst of all, it didn't contain the band members.

american_prankster
06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Totally agree. I don't any love put into this creation of art. It's dark and... kinda ugly. Looks more like a Anime Music Video or something. Well, sure this look good as a fan-made video, but not as a band-produced one.

Ninty Man
06-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Is pretty lame... I can't believe it yet

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I voted yes

Strandli
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I must refer to "South Park - With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"..
- I get it! I totally don't get it!
- Now you get it...

But I dont know what to think about the video, I liked the birdthingy, but I didnt like the style of the video, it looked like a semi-bad 3D project with bad texturing. But the album is amazing though!

leo3375
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Michel Gondry should have done the video. You know he would have done something totally pretentious yet amazing. Construction paper, origami, maybe embroidery come to life.

cool 2 hate 681
06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
the video is now on the offsprings youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/user/offspringtv

Hombre316
06-11-2008, 09:08 PM
and how does this "message" tie in with the video contest? Are you trying to say "fuck you Sony, our fans can do a better job?"

that actually kinda makes sense. when you think of all the shit thats gone on with sony. there was like no backing for splinter hardly, the hit that video sucked, they probably push the issue with joke song singles, there was the big to do when they tried to make co1 fee to download and sony freaked, im sure sony wan't happy about the chinese democracy thing last album, and then they probably paid for that piece of crap as another fuck you to the offspring. so when you add it all up it makes sense that the video contest would be a big fuck you back to sony. i mean theyre essentially paying the winner for their work.