PDA

View Full Version : Stuff is messed up appreciation thread

wazzup22
06-10-2008, 03:07 AM
I've found my new favourite offspring song, there's no words for me to explain it, I just LOVE it sooooo much.

Love the drums, love the lyrics, love the guitar riff, basically love the overall feel of it.

Has anyone else taken a shine to it, like I have?

Cejus
06-10-2008, 03:27 AM
What about the part that begins right after minute 2:40: do yo love it, too? :D

BTW, does he really say "LOL" in that fast singing part? Maybe he means AOL or something else. What do you think?

Hypodermic_89
06-10-2008, 03:35 AM
What about the part that begins right after minute 2:40: do yo love it, too? :D

BTW, does he really say "LOL" in that fast singing part? Maybe he means AOL or something else. What do you think?
Only the lyrics will tell.

n00b
06-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Definitely in the top 3 of the album

RonWelty
06-10-2008, 03:38 AM
only TAKES ME NOWHERE and HAMMERHEAD can fight this song, but god, it's a bad and ugly fight, because all the three songs rock so much...

Orange County
06-10-2008, 03:39 AM
I like the heavy breathing :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2008, 07:40 AM
He totally says LOL. And I lol'd.

Superdope
06-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Dexter sounds drunk during the casbah part, and I fucking <3 it.

Thomas
06-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I can't help but laugh whenever I hear that song because IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!!

Seriously. Wow.

Dead Kennedy
06-10-2008, 09:10 AM
i like when he says fuck in the song

Thomas
06-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Here's my theory: Stuff is Messed Up is going to be the next single.

Reasoning: The "watered down" title of the song. If they changed the title to something "radio-friendly", it would be more likely to get played on station and MTV with the only censoring being in the lyrics. That's the only possible reason I can think of for why they would change the title of the song to not match the lyrics.

I dunno. I guess I'm really hoping they pull another Bad Habit and get an angry-type song on the radio with PG-13 lyrics.

THat, and the song i just plain awesome.

Indii
06-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I agree. The song is awesome. The Offspring are always good when they're a little political: Tehran, LAPD, Genocide, Americana, The Nose. But I think it is okay that don't do a lot of political songs.

Jaded skies
06-10-2008, 11:37 AM
i always laugh when he says and that guy on TV is like a total asshole.

hahahah its so random

and to the single note- they put up stuffismessedup.com as a redirect to offspring.com. why else would you do that?

Indii
06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
and to the single note- they put up stuffismessedup.com as a redirect to offspring.com. why else would you do that?

Try www.shitisfuckedup.com ... :D

killboybowerhead
06-10-2008, 11:45 AM
im not a fan of this song. Just sort of sounds stupid.

medi01
06-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Try www.shitisfuckedup.com ... :D

wow...thats geniiiiius!

SaiKYoU
06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
this song fits PERFECTLY for live shows... easy for the people to sing...

TheOldMark
06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
ive only had the chance to listen to the whole album through twice, but this is definitely my favorite so far

Manic Subsida
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Omg, I've not even heard it yet. :D
I've heard 7 of the songs, and gonna wait listening to the 5 other until I buy the album.

F@ BANKZ
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Here's my theory: Stuff is Messed Up is going to be the next single.

Reasoning: The "watered down" title of the song. If they changed the title to something "radio-friendly", it would be more likely to get played on station and MTV with the only censoring being in the lyrics. That's the only possible reason I can think of for why they would change the title of the song to not match the lyrics.

I dunno. I guess I'm really hoping they pull another Bad Habit and get an angry-type song on the radio with PG-13 lyrics.

THat, and the song i just plain awesome.

I hope it is, (I just caved) definately a simply amazing song.

ernesto88
06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
is a great song! i love it!
have a lot of power, have true, have energy!

it's great! great, great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since yesterday, i lestened 18 times this song!

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 01:11 PM
He totally says LOL. And I lol'd.

hahaha, the first time I listened to the song, it was totally a "What?!, He didn't just say that" moment. I still can't get over how fast Dex spits out those lyrics.

YODAvid
06-10-2008, 01:26 PM
www.stuffismessedup.com works also... that so cool

brad_logan
06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
yuk. i dislike the title they've given it. Shit is Fucked Up is a much better title. I didn't think offspring were a band who gave a fuck what people thought, but with the removal of Kill the President from s/t (i only discovered this recently!) and this title thing i'm doubting that.

i suppose they have monetary and commerical interest in selling the album to whoever, so its likely to have more sales this way, and it is their job, they make a living this way, and its entirely up to them.

and even the shit title doesn't change the fact that the song sounds pretty good.

for some reason i thought Rise and Fall was going to be of a similar style to 'Smash' and 'Change the World'. never mind (just realised this last bit is a little off topic).

JohnnyNemesis
06-10-2008, 03:02 PM

I was thinking the EXACT same thing, but I think it remains to be seen whether they actually go through with the decision to release it as a single.

If they do, I hope a really kickass video accompanies it. For some reason, this song strikes me as the type of song whose mainstream success would really hinge on how good the video is.

One thing I really like about this song is that the band, particularly Dexter, isn't trying so hard to be deep or eloquent or anything; just straightforwardly critiquing how fucked up shit is. I was talking to llamas on IM and she described the song as a stream-of-consciousness type thing and I think that sums it up nicely. It's done really well IMO. I love this song.