PDA

View Full Version : Trust In You Similar to a Song of My Own

BigFish
06-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Now, this is up to all of you to believe or not, but when I first heard this song today, I was completely shocked. I recorded a song called Bulletproof a few months ago. It just guitar, but I have since written vocals, I just haven't recorded them. I was listening to Trust In You today. I only decided to listen to the first 2 tracks to tide me over for the next week. But anyways, I heard Trust In You and was completely shocked. It is almost exactly like the song, Bulletproof I wrote. The only difference is the solo/bridge. I'll upload my version as soon as I get to my college and can access the high speed. I'd like for you guys to compare them and tell me how insane this is. I swear by anything holy that I did not rip this off from them and I'm just amazed.

The song will be here...http://www.myspace.com/bigfishdoesmusic

Lipo
06-10-2008, 04:36 AM
We had all this topics like "Offspring ripped Green Day","Offspring riped Letters Organize" and now we have "Offspring ripped me" LOL

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 04:41 AM
The Offspring are watching you sleep.
The Offspring are watching you write your songs and then mercilessly rip it off.

Rooster
06-10-2008, 05:12 AM
The Offspring are watching you sleep.
The Offspring are watching you write your songs and then mercilessly rip it off.

Man, we have another conspiracy here :eek:

From now on, everything i will do, i'll do it in a closet or under my bed at midnight, cause they are watching us everywhere...

Amiralanal
06-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Member since 2008-06-09. Lol.

BigFish
06-10-2008, 05:30 AM
Okay, thanks to the guy who called me a douche and the guy who says I'm accusing them of ripping me off. You guys are jackasses. I don't think they ripped me off, I just think it's a really weird coincidence. I don't even know if you guys have listened to the song yet, but it's up. It's called Bulletproof. If anything I'm honored that something I made is something Dexter and Noodles would think of too. I just wanted to point out a weird occurance and some people had to be assholes about it. I don't think its a conspiracy, I don't think they've ever ripped off Green Day...Green Day is shite compared to them, so anyone who says that is just an idiot. There are only so many combinations of chords you can put together, some are bound to be similar. If you guys could be mature and just listen to it without being rude, that'd be really nice, but I guess I can't always get what I want.

BigFish
06-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Member since 2008-06-09. Lol.

Sorry for 2x post, but is that directed at me? I had an old name, but I forgot it because I hadn't been on for so long. I don't really see why you'd be saying that. So what I haven't been a loyal member of the forums forever? I've been listening to their music since I can remember. That's what's really important.

Amiralanal
06-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Sorry for 2x post, but is that directed at me? I had an old name, but I forgot it because I hadn't been on for so long. I don't really see why you'd be saying that. So what I haven't been a loyal member of the forums forever? I've been listening to their music since I can remember. That's what's really important.

No, your myspace account was created yesterday. This is obviously a joke from you. It was kinda funny actually.

MATKO5000
06-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Lolz you made that profile yesterday

BigFish
06-10-2008, 05:37 AM
Yeah I made that music profile just yesterday. I hadn't uploaded any of my songs on the internet before. Like I said, I didn't really expect many people to believe me, but I have people I know who heard the song I recorded months ago and then I showed the The Offspring's song yesterday and they were like wtf? It's seriously not a joke...but yeah..

Pepsaj
06-10-2008, 05:38 AM
No, your myspace account was created yesterday. This is obviously a joke from you. It was kinda funny actually.
So what? He could create account after he realised that his song is very similar to Trust In You. He was just excited in my opinion... I understand him I would also be.

Amiralanal
06-10-2008, 05:40 AM
So what? He could create account after he realised that his song is very similar to Trust In You. He was just excited in my opinion... I understand him I would also be.

Dont tell me you actually believe this?

All the others songs on his profile are offspringcovers. Why would this one not be? Please tell me that you dont believe him. My GOD! The stupidity!

Free?
06-10-2008, 05:44 AM
That's too good (or too bad) to be true, so many coincedences and absolutely no facts yet. And it looks like you made a cover of the Offspring's song, changed it abit and now you hope to get some attention. Well... you did get some, but we really don't believe you unless you can show us some solid proof. Like youtube clip with your song that been posted few months ago (and even then we all know that there were 2 clips of Trust In You from the studio for a goddamn long time). So, show your proof, otherwise people would just see an attention whore in you. If it is all true, then put yourself in our place and think, would you believe to such story?

medi01
06-10-2008, 05:44 AM

never occured to you that it is just him playing the trust in you guitar...???...the album came out yesterday and so he tabbed it and played it and recorded himself...he now claims that the offspring copied it off him!!!

Rooster
06-10-2008, 05:46 AM
I listened to the song.....if it is coincidence, it is a hell of a coincidence! It's almost identical to Trust In You....Spooky :eek:

so I think we've got two options:

1. a joke
2. aliens scanned your brain and reported to The Offspring

now hate me for my theory :D

medi01
06-10-2008, 05:49 AM
I listened to the song.....if it is coincidence, it is a hell of a coincidence! It's almost identical to Trust In You....Spooky :eek:

so I think we've got two options:

1. a joke
2. aliens scanned your brain and reported to The Offspring

now hate me for my theory :D

far better than his theory of 'coincidence'

Free?
06-10-2008, 05:49 AM
I just came up with some logical conclusion. I think he is just making fun of us. The more posts he will get, the happier he will be in the end. Or just want some attention.

ixnay
06-10-2008, 05:50 AM
So you ripped off Smash and then claim The Offspring ripped off your song with a new song similar to it?

Ok.. you never claimed they ripped your song. But the verse structure is Smash.

BigFish
06-10-2008, 05:52 AM
The only proof I have is people that I actually know. Yeah I put the other songs up there, and they're covers, but I just uploaded them to get it done while I can. I can understand you guys being skeptical but I'd also like you to try and understand my viewpoint. I thank the 1 person who has given me the benefit of the doubt. =]

Rooster
06-10-2008, 05:53 AM
So you ripped off Smash and then claim The Offspring ripped off your song with a new song similar to it?

Ok.. you never claimed they ripped your song. But the verse structure is Smash.

Actually the song is called Trust In You (if you haven't heard it yet :confused:)... But it has similar structure like Smash

Jack-UK
06-10-2008, 05:56 AM
The only proof I have is people that I actually know. Yeah I put the other songs up there, and they're covers, but I just uploaded them to get it done while I can. I can understand you guys being skeptical but I'd also like you to try and understand my viewpoint. I thank the 1 person who has given me the benefit of the doubt. =]
Well for one thing Trust In You was leaked months ago... And so was the guitar.. On Youtube.

I dont believe you.

RobinoZombie
06-10-2008, 06:01 AM
and a Trustinyoucover? to bad its WRONG SONG.

ixnay
06-10-2008, 06:01 AM
Actually the song is called Trust In You (if you haven't heard it yet :confused:)... But it has similar structure like Smash

haha... I know it is. I'm just saying the verse structure existed to his subconscious mind since 1995. So the same verse structure appearing in another Offy song shouldn't be surprising. Unless his song was made in 1994 then it's most likely a subconscious riff theft which is hard to prove in lawsuits.

Pepsaj
06-10-2008, 06:02 AM
never occured to you that it is just him playing the trust in you guitar...???...the album came out yesterday and so he tabbed it and played it and recorded himself...he now claims that the offspring copied it off him!!!
He's not saying that. Guys, chill out! I don't want to argue or something. I don't even know if his song is similar to TIY, cause I\m not listening to new songs until I buy CD. But I can imagine this "hell coincidence". It may be true, or he can be lier or prankster.

RobinoZombie
06-10-2008, 06:02 AM

25 posts and trying to correct ixnay....
dont.

ixnay
06-10-2008, 06:04 AM
dont.

That's 6 more than me! haha. Add the 10,000 or so on previous official boards, maybe?

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:05 AM
He's not saying that. Guys, chill out! I don't want to argue or something. I don't even know if his song is similar to TIY, cause I\m not listening to new songs until I buy CD. But I can imagine this "hell coincidence". It may be true, or he can be lier or prankster.

well tough shit as u've just heard an EXACT guitar copy of it...when you get the CD you can argue...but believe me u'll be so wrong

BigFish
06-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Yeah my bad on that, it was a typo. I meant to put You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Now I really do feel like an idiot. But as for the song being leaked on youtube, I have dial up and youtube isn't my friend. So yeah..Once again, I'm just stating my case and I guess I should've expected to be ridiculed.

FuriousPunkBoy
06-10-2008, 06:07 AM
this shit is just pathetic someone remove this already

Pepsaj
06-10-2008, 06:09 AM
well tough shit as u've just heard an EXACT guitar copy of it...when you get the CD you can argue...but believe me u'll be so wrong
But I don't want to argue at all. I'm just trustful and thats why I belived him in first reflex. But to be honest: it doesnt really matters to me if hes saying the truth or not.

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:11 AM
Yeah my bad on that, it was a typo. I meant to put You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. Now I really do feel like an idiot. But as for the song being leaked on youtube, I have dial up and youtube isn't my friend. So yeah..Once again, I'm just stating my case and I guess I should've expected to be ridiculed.

Do you have you're head up ur ass???...it's just you talk so much shit i have to assume so

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:12 AM
But I don't want to argue at all. I'm just trustful and thats why I belived him in first reflex. But to be honest: it doesnt really matters to me if hes saying the truth or not.

One rule about life....never trust ppl

Rooster
06-10-2008, 06:12 AM
dont.

I didn't mean anything bad with it or insult anyone. I just meant that although the song has similar structure like Smash, it is even more similar to Trust In You, that's all

And i Don't have 10.000 posts on the other boards. In fact i am not on any other board. If I had that many posts i would probably not be on this forum right now, because my fingers would be to hard to move from all that typing :D

But this is getting off topic...

The Search Button
06-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Actually, I wrote all the songs for this CD.

Dexter wanted to surf, and asked me if I could. I accepted.

I also write Dexter's grocery list now.

Pepsaj
06-10-2008, 06:14 AM
One rule about life....never trust ppl
I don't like this rule. I don't like distrustful people. Damn, the world we live in is sick.

BigFish
06-10-2008, 06:15 AM

I say cheers to you for not being a complete ass about all this. I wish there were more people like you who were willing to just give people a chance.

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:15 AM

well that's weird...i vividly remember righting the EXACT same tab for let's hear it for rock bottom....looks like you both stole it off me :D

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:17 AM
I don't like this rule. I don't like distrustful people. Damn, the world we live in is sick.

"The Truth about the world is that crime does pay"

Pepsaj
06-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Yeah, but I always believed that Offspring fans are trying to change that. That they are opposing. Aren't they?

Rooster
06-10-2008, 06:22 AM

ROTFLMFAO:D:D:D

Dead Kennedy
06-10-2008, 06:30 AM

you're an idiot
sorry, i had to say that
no hard feelings

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:33 AM
you're an idiot
sorry, i had to say that
no hard feelings

...have you not heard have you ever???

Dead Kennedy
06-10-2008, 06:37 AM
...have you not heard have you ever???
have you ever been absolut blazed recognizing everybody's face untill you realized that there were no one that you knew....
yeah i heard it
but,you said that shit like thats some good stuff,but ain't, its awful truth that has to be changed,dude,like,okay,fuck this,i'ma kill this helpless old person for dollars and yogurt. thats somethin that ain't a life motto for you,and if it is,then you're a real fuck up

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:40 AM
have you ever been absolut blazed recognizing everybody's face untill you realized that there were no one that you knew....
yeah i heard it
but,you said that shit like thats some good stuff,but ain't, its awful truth that has to be changed,dude,like,okay,fuck this,i'ma kill this helpless old person for dollars and yogurt. thats somethin that ain't a life motto for you,and if it is,then you're a real fuck up

wtf...LOL...i didn't say that i went along with the phrase...it just sprung from my initial view that the world can be a far worse place than you think, and how the ppl in it cannot be trusted...

Dead Kennedy
06-10-2008, 06:44 AM
wtf...LOL...i didn't say that i went along with the phrase...it just sprung from my initial view that the world can be a far worse place than you think, and how the ppl in it cannot be trusted...

but dude,trust in people is one of the things that changes this world, i'm not sayin that you should give some thief i dunno,let's say $500, but trust that one drug addict can change and encouragement for him to do that can make a big difference.
there is no innocence,only degrees of guilt

medi01
06-10-2008, 06:53 AM
but dude,trust in people is one of the things that changes this world, i'm not sayin that you should give some thief i dunno,let's say $500, but trust that one drug addict can change and encouragement for him to do that can make a big difference.
there is no innocence,only degrees of guilt

...it's just my opinion...jeez

Dirty Magic
06-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Well you actually ripped them off. Listen to the chord progression of the chorus in All I Want and then listen to your song. Surely you didn't write this song 11 years ago. Only difference is you play each chord longer and all i want is in standard tuning

Marco
06-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Trust In You to me is a mixture between Smash and All I Want.

thrice170487
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
It is almost exactly like the song, Bulletproof I wrote. The only difference is the solo/bridge.

You're such an idiot, it's almost funny....

But I'd like to tell you something about the difference between "your" "song" "trust in...ähhh...bulletproof" and the great Trust in you...

It's because you suck major balls on guitar dude...and the kinda easy bridge had been a little bit too much for you...:eek::eek:

Do yourself a favour and buy a triangle or something

Macko
06-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Do yourself a favour and buy a trinangle or something

ROFL :D

BigFish
06-10-2008, 08:17 AM
You're such an idiot, it's almost funny....

But I'd like to tell you something about the difference between "your" "song" "trust in...ähhh...bulletproof" and the great Trust in you...

It's because you suck major balls on guitar dude...and the kinda easy bridge had been a little bit too much for you...:eek::eek:

I'm gonna go ahead and stamp this with an epic fail. You tried to be funny and failed miserably at it. I wasn't asking for what you thought about my level of playing, which I know is highly above average. I won't lie, what I wrote is an extremely easy song.

As to the dude who said it's also a mix of All I Want. You're right. But then again Dammit, I Changed Again, Have You Ever, The End of The Line and All I Want all share the same chord progression, just in different tempos or keys.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-10-2008, 08:20 AM

What the hack is wrong with a triangle???
RESPECT AL PERCUSSION!!!

thrice170487
06-10-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and stamp this with an epic fail. You tried to be funny and failed miserably at it. I wasn't asking for what you thought about my level of playing, which I know is highly above average. I won't lie, what I wrote is an extremely easy song.

As to the dude who said it's also a mix of All I Want. You're right. But then again Dammit, I Changed Again, Have You Ever, The End of The Line and All I Want all share the same chord progression, just in different tempos or keys.

Maybe I failed miserably but you have to admit that you raised the bar of being funny to unknown levels. ...And this is definitely "highly above average".

thrice170487
06-10-2008, 09:08 AM
What the hack is wrong with a triangle???
RESPECT AL PERCUSSION!!!

sorry...respect and much love to triangles:)

Rafa88offspring
06-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Well, Mr. BigFish... I don't Trust In You.

Rooster
06-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I am a believer now. Someone ripped off one of my songs, too. What a coincidence! My song is called "Farting My Ass Off".

You can watch the video of a rip off here (not Rick Roll)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i__XhXf9rPI&feature=related

Gustavo
06-10-2008, 10:46 AM
are we supposed to believe you?
haha.

Unnatural Disaster
06-10-2008, 10:46 AM
You do know that this has been on the internet for several months

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f5ygPrxHbmM

Gustavo
06-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Well, Mr. BigFish... I don't Trust In You.

Neither do I! lol

Drums beating in my Heart
06-10-2008, 10:47 AM
LMAO:D
what a pretty face:p

Rooster
06-10-2008, 10:54 AM
are we supposed to believe you?
haha.

If you don't, a huge green turd will be dropped on you from the sky and you will think that god himself has taken a shit on you :D;)

medi01
06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
If you don't, a huge green turd will be dropped on you from the sky and you will think that god himself has taken a shit on you :D;)

how du know god's turds are green:D???

Rooster
06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Simple answer: i don't know :D

Rooster
06-10-2008, 11:08 AM
This thread is so damn stupid. But it's a good thing we have it. When i have a really bad day, i will certainly read some posts here and laugh my f*ckin ass of, and the bad day will turn up to be a brilliant one.

Don't ever delete this thread :D