PDA

View Full Version : The Hammerhead video should be on itunes!

Cock Joke
06-10-2008, 11:53 AM
What do you guys think? Good idea or no?

Jaded skies
06-10-2008, 11:54 AM
oh God no...

Paki7491
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
No one should ever watch that thing ever. That video is probably the only time it'd be good to be blind.

RonWelty
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
What do you guys think? Good idea or no?

no, itīs such a shame for us and them...

Macko
06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I just hope it won't discourage people (people = not offspring-lovers) from buying the cd..

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2008, 01:56 PM
I think you're all being way, way too hard on the video.

I'm sure it will be up on iTunes.

Cock Joke
06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I think you're all being way, way too hard on the video.

I'm sure it will be up on iTunes.

I agree. Even though it was disappointing, it oughta grow on people.

As for itunes, I'm worried it won't be on there because none of the other music videos are. I think it should, though, since they're advertising the song & the whole album like crazy.

Dragnet
06-10-2008, 02:07 PM
this video should be forbidden man. It destroys the song

mat.kc.
06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
lol @ everyone bitching about a fucking music video

It's not half as bad as the immaturity on these boards.

Dragnet
06-10-2008, 02:10 PM

maybe you should watch it again then

Those kind of videos happen if the artist has no control over the final output at all (or doesnt give a shit). people are bitching because it's looks like some fna made video from a guy with minor skills. Of course it's just a fucking music video, but a painfully bad one...

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Those kind of videos happen if the artist has no control over the final output at all (or doesnt give a shit).

Okay, come on. You don't speak for the band. And if the band didn't like it, they would have rejected it and not approved it.

mat.kc.
06-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I've watched it atleast six times.

If the artists (The Offspring) had no control over the music video, or even
for the slightest reason did not want to put it out there, they won't. Either
that, or they will end up editing it just like they did with Can't Repeat. So I
think people should stop flipping out. Maybe there's actually a reason as to
why they want to see other people's ideas about Hammerhead in videos?

Dragnet
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
I bet ten bucks, they haven't seen it before it came out and had no influence on it. Deal?

Macko
06-10-2008, 02:20 PM

I know what you mean, man..people with opinions..can't be more immature..

Marco
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I bet ten bucks, they haven't seen it before it came out and had no influence on it. Deal?
No fucking way

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Deal. Now hand me $10. I've worked with bands and I know how this process goes. They would not be putting their name on it and telling us when it would premiere if they did not get to approve it. I'm sure that if it was done behind their back, they would have told us. See below this one:

If the artists (The Offspring) had no control over the music video, or even
for the slightest reason did not want to put it out there, they won't. Either
that, or they will end up editing it just like they did with Can't Repeat. So I
think people should stop flipping out. Maybe there's actually a reason as to
why they want to see other people's ideas about Hammerhead in videos?

I know what you mean, man..people with opinions..can't be more immature..

It's not the opinion that's immature. It's how people are going about expressing it. Claiming the band must not have had any control or approval of the video just because you don't like it...that's mature?

LorD Avenger
06-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm very disappointed by this video... it's really crap.

Are they tired of playing in their own videos anyway? Reminds me of "Hit That"...

Dragnet
06-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Deal. Now hand me $10. I've worked with bands and I know how this process goes. They would not be putting their name on it and telling us when it would premiere if they did not get to approve it. I'm sure that if it was done behind their back, they would have told us. See below this one:

It's not the opinion that's immature. It's how people are going about expressing it. Claiming the band must not have had any control or approval of the video just because you don't like it...that's mature?

We'll see. I'd say let's wait for the band to comment on the video.
By the way, think of the hit that video. No creative input from the band whatsoever.

Macko
06-10-2008, 02:33 PM

Well that's definitely immature..but he posted that message before anyone said that..if he ment it the way you describe, it's of course ok..but reading few negative opinions and reacting they are immature? (that's how I had understand it)..not respecting opinions of others, that is also very immature..
EDIT: and sorry mat.kc. if I got you wrong..

The Search Button
06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
By the way, think of the hit that video. No creative input from the band whatsoever.

Can you prove that?

Dragnet
06-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Just watch the DVD Video comments. If they would have told the fucking director what the video should be like, they wouldn't have reacted the way they
did. Am I wrong here???

The Search Button
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Just watch the DVD Video comments. If they would have told the fucking director what the video should be like, they wouldn't have reacted the way they
did. Am I wrong here???

That doesn't prove anything, man.

You can't judge what people think, for what they don't say.

Dragnet
06-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Well, ok I give you that it's 60 % speculation of mine. But I don't think The Offspring will ever publicly support the Hammerhead video.

Too bad I never "worked with bands" so I can prove my point here.

mat.kc.
06-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Well that's definitely immature..but he posted that message before anyone said that..if he ment it the way you describe, it's of course ok..but reading few negative opinions and reacting they are immature? (that's how I had understand it)..not respecting opinions of others, that is also very immature..
EDIT: and sorry mat.kc. if I got you wrong..

Got me totally wrong, Macko. I was actually referring to the excuses people came up with to express more negativity in their opinions, just to justify they have a right to be pissed and tyrade all over our forums.

Dead Kennedy
06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
hey ahould make another vid with me in it and then put vid with me on itunes.
that will surely bring more audience!

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2008, 02:52 PM

Show me where the band says they had no input on the "Hit That" video and disapprove of it. You can't go around projecting your own views on the band and expect it to be true. I feel like they started doing the animated videos without them in them because people were complaining about how awkward/lame the videos were with them in them! There's no way for them to win, is there?

Again, it's not the negative opinion itself that is immature, it's the way it's expressed. There's an enormous gulf of maturity between "You know, I don't like the video and I feel really disappointed, but whatever, it's a video and the band can do whatever" and "Holy shit what the fuck is up with the pigs fuck this shit!"

Paki7491
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
hey ahould make another vid with me in it and then put vid with me on itunes.
that will surely bring more audience!

You should be the next touring member X-14!

HeadAroundU
06-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I feel like they started doing the animated videos without them in them because people were complaining about how awkward/lame the videos were with them in them! There's no way for them to win, is there?
There is a way. Combine those things together.

Or not doing a video at all. :D

Macko
06-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Show me where the band says they had no input on the "Hit That" video and disapprove of it. You can't go around projecting your own views on the band and expect it to be true. I feel like they started doing the animated videos without them in them because people were complaining about how awkward/lame the videos were with them in them! There's no way for them to win, is there?

Well then they should probably do what will be acceptable for the majority of people..and I don't think this is the right way..

Again, it's not the negative opinion itself that is immature, it's the way it's expressed. There's an enormous gulf of maturity between "You know, I don't like the video and I feel really disappointed, but whatever, it's a video and the band can do whatever" and "Holy shit what the fuck is up with the pigs fuck this shit!"[/QUOTE]

Yes and I said that I probably misunderstood him and that I am sorry :D

BTW I agree with mostly everything you said => i'm not arguing with you :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Well then they should probably do what will be acceptable for the majority of people..and I don't think this is the right way..

No no...the point of what I was saying is that there doesn't seem to be a way for them to please the majority of people. There was bitching about the CGMHAY video having them in it, and about the DICA video being live footage. And now there's bitching about them having animated videos.

Dead Kennedy
06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
You should be the next touring member X-14!

you know,i once was member of the offspring,i played piano and jew's harp.

Macko
06-10-2008, 03:20 PM
No no...the point of what I was saying is that there doesn't seem to be a way for them to please the majority of people. There was bitching about the CGMHAY video having them in it, and about the DICA video being live footage. And now there's bitching about them having animated videos.

this isn't really my day :D , misunderstanding everybody whole day (and not just on these boards :D)

but I think there is certain group of people who are bitching about everything, and then there is another group (the majority :D) who don't express their opinion on the internet etc. and that the band should somehow find out what these people really like and do that..imo it's vid's like pretty fly or why dont you get a job - somehow neutral, everything simple so "common" people can enjoy the music and also have an idea what's actually going on in that clip..

Cock Joke
06-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I can pretty much bet that the band saw the video, inspected it, and approved of it. Because as it's been mentioned, they announced that it would come out. And there's no way that the band would just not check it out.