PDA

View Full Version : Live show set lists

brad_logan
06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
that is a good lookin' set list fo' sho'.

i dont know myself, because i havnt been reading much about the offspring till recently (i really like the albums etc, but never seen them live yet) how likely a setlist like the following is:

01 Bad Habit
02 Burn it Up
03 Staring at the Sun
04 Amazed
05 Want You Bad
06 Americana
07 Gone Away
08 Have You Ever
09 L.A.P.D
10 Hammerhead
11 One Fine Day
12 The Kids Arn't Alright
13 Half Truism
14 Beheaded
15 The Meaning of Life
16 Can't Get My Head Around You
17 Smash

18 Session
19 Nitro
20 Something to Believe In
21 Dirty Magic
22 Self Esteem

---
i've been told they rarely play their older songs, which i think is a shame, because they have a great past. how often do they play the following:

dirty magic, LAPD, meaning of life, smash, session, no hero, burn it up, one fine day ?

edit: final question, what songs are a mainstay in their setlist, apart from Self Esteem and Bad Habit?

Blackball_
06-10-2008, 03:40 PM
(snip)

---
i've been told they rarely play their older songs, which i think is a shame, because they have a great past. how often do they play the following:

dirty magic, LAPD, meaning of life, smash, session, no hero, burn it up, one fine day ?

they played dirty magic quite a lot during the co1 tour... they would "fake" a power / light shortage and dexter/noodles would bring out acoustic guitars and play it that way.

lapd is on the huck it dvd, but its very rare. im not sure its been played elsewhere for years and years.

the meaning of life got played a lot during the ixnay tour, but its been gone since. same with mota. (they would play these two songs one after the other). there is a cool version of it from rockpalast 1997.

smash.. played pretty much everytour, but went from becoming an every setlist to every couple of setlists. maybe theyre getting bored of it?

no hero.. impossible. burn it up.. impossible.

one fine day got played a lot during the co1 tour, but hardly since.

ps..that looked like a pretty solid setlist btw. i think theres a bigger chance of greg having another kid and ME playing bass before it ever happens though.

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 03:40 PM
(Im not saying anything about order just the songs)

01 Bad Habit -- Guaranteed
02 Burn it Up -- Not Likely
03 Staring at the Sun -- Guaranteed
04 Amazed -- Not likely At All (tried it a few times and didn't get great response)
05 Want You Bad -- Guaranteed
06 Americana -- Likely, comes in and out depending on shows
07 Gone Away -- Guaranteed
08 Have You Ever -- Like Americana, depends on the length of set
09 L.A.P.D -- If you're lucky
10 Hammerhead -- Guaranteed
11 One Fine Day -- Haven't done it lately but had played it
12 The Kids Aren't Alright -- Guaranteed
13 Half Truism -- Interested Question - played it at one festival - I'd say yes
14 Beheaded -- If You're lucky, usually in special shows
15 The Meaning of Life -- Sadly not so likely any more but I would love to hear this live again
16 Can't Get My Head Around You -- Guaranteed
17 Smash -- Probably less likely than Have You Ever but they like to mix in old songs sometimes and this is often the one they pick

18 Session -- Same comment as Smash
19 Nitro -- Not likely at all
20 Something to Believe In -- Not Likely At All
21 Dirty Magic -- Not sure, I would say not likely but I also know they redid this song - still you'd have to be lucky
22 Self Esteem -- Unless you're in Japan Guaran-freakin-teed!

---
dirty magic, LAPD, meaning of life, smash, session, no hero (Not going to happen), burn it up, one fine day ?

skoko
06-10-2008, 03:45 PM
that is a good lookin' set list fo' sho'.

i dont know myself, because i havnt been reading much about the offspring till recently (i really like the albums etc, but never seen them live yet) how likely a setlist like the following is:

01 Bad Habit
02 Burn it Up
03 Staring at the Sun
04 Amazed
05 Want You Bad
06 Americana
07 Gone Away
08 Have You Ever
09 L.A.P.D
10 Hammerhead
11 One Fine Day
12 The Kids Arn't Alright
13 Half Truism
14 Beheaded
15 The Meaning of Life
16 Can't Get My Head Around You
17 Smash

18 Session
19 Nitro
20 Something to Believe In
21 Dirty Magic
22 Self Esteem

---

edit: final question, what songs are a mainstay in their setlist, apart from Self Esteem and Bad Habit?

track one: they play
2:no
3:perhaps
4:no
5:yes
6:perhaps
7:yes
8:most likely
9:no
10: yes
11:no
12:yes
13:yes
14: "normaly" no ;-)
15:perhaps
16:yes
17: no
18:no
19:no
20:maybe
21:maybe
22:yes

other songs they usually play: pretty fly, come out and play, all i want, canīt repeat

brad_logan
06-10-2008, 04:04 PM
thanks for the responses you guys

(and thanks to whoever split this from the other thread, it makes more sense this way)

im dissapointed that they dont play burn it up, no hero, the meaning of life and LAPD anymore, those four definitely in my top 10 offspring songs.

i think that the best intro ever would be Bad Habit into Burn it Up. what an unbelieable intro that would be. get things started no doubts.

im not a massive fan of some of the stuff they will play that i didnt add, like pretty fly and come out and play (i dont NOT like them, i just think they could have a better set!) but its fair enough cause some fans will love love love those songs.

i can imagine seeing the 'spring live to be both fun but also potentially very frustrating!

its a shame that amazed didn't get a good reception as well, because that is a very very solid track

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
^ yeah it is sad about amazed,
same with when they played Lightning Rod earlier this year... Man I really wanna hear that.

I do have to respectfully disagree with your assessment with Come Out and Play and Pretty Fly... those songs are fun live!

BigFish
06-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but have they played Race Against Myself live? If so, is there an mp3/video of it on the internet? That's one of my absolute favorite songs and I'd love to hear how it is live.

brad_logan
06-10-2008, 04:14 PM
i can imagine them being really really good/fun sing-a-longs, dont get me wrong (and who doesnt love one of these!)

thing is, because i have liked offspring for a while, its almost a bit like i have seen them before, so i want them to play other stuff.

normally i'll see a band quite soon after i start to like them if possible, and im happy when they bring out the hits..

when i saw rancid they played an UNBELIEVABLE set, literally everything i could have hoped for, but next time i would like them to play loads of album tracks etc, that arn't as famous, b-sides, and the lesser played ones.

with the offspring, since i have had americana a good few years, and its been on a good few times, it's like i've seen them play their singles, pretty fly i loved, now its a footnote to me in offspring's best tracks.

not sure a) if what i have written has any clarity whatsoever
b) even if it does, if you'll understand what i mean

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Alright let's post dream set-lists, I'm in that mood right now. I don't care how likely are they to play any of those songs, it's just a dream anyway.

Bad Habit
Walla Walla
D.U.I.
All I Want
L.A.P.D.
Blackball
One Fine Day
The Kids Aren't Alright
Race Against Myself
Trust In You
Kick Him When He's Down
Demons
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Pretty Fly
Hammerhead
Change The World
Gone Away
Kill The President :D
Come Out And Play

encore:
Dammit, I Changed Again
Staring At The Sun
Elders
Self Esteem

acoustic encore:
Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?

See? I even included their greatest hits:p

brad_logan
06-10-2008, 04:30 PM
kill the president good choice

have they completely disowned this now? i.e. never play it live, never mention it?

dff_punk
06-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Beheaded is the only S/T track they sometimes play live :(
Kill The President was removed from the reissue of the album. But I dunno anything more. Maybe because of 9/11? Not sure.

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 04:34 PM
^^^^ Nah, brad, that makes sense

And I agree I'd like to see a little more variety in the set list in the upcoming tour but from the same point of view their greatest hits setlist is fun too haha.

They're just awesome live.

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Alright let's post dream set-lists,

Good call - here I go (this changes every day or so but is Generally the same

Half-Truism
Bad Habit
All I Want
Meaning of Life/Mota (rotate it)
Blackball !!!
Come Out and Play
Trust In You
Gotta Get Away
Gone Away
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Burn It Up
Pretty Fly
Staring At the Sun
Hammerhead
Want You Bad
Head Around You
The Kids Aren't Alright

encore:
A Lot Like Me
Lightning Rod
Genocide/Smash (either works)
Can't Repeat

Final Encore:
Stuff Is Messed Up
Self Esteem

Eh? ok I'm submitting that Because I've already changed it too many times

BigFish
06-10-2008, 04:45 PM
So, no one knows of anything about Race Against Myself live?

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
^ dun think its been played, sorry

or if it has, its like spare me the details or lightning rod, happened once or twice and no one recorded it.

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe because of 9/11? Not sure.

It was taken off prior to 9/11.

So, no one knows of anything about Race Against Myself live?

I'm quite sure they have never played that song live, sorry.

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 04:49 PM
^ dun think its been played, sorry

or if it has, its like spare me the details or lightning rod, happened once or twice and no one recorded it.

Spare Me the Detials has been played a fair amount, check out youtube.

Edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eRexHJtWfHo it's proshot too!

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Spare Me the Detials has been played a fair amount, check out youtube.

Edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eRexHJtWfHo it's proshot too!

holy crap how did I miss that?
I remember in SF they played it and they had replaced worst hangover ever, and it wasn't recorded then I watched closely for a while and didn't see it again and just sorta gave up... bad on me hahaha

thanks!

BigFish
06-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow. Why would they never play it live? That's really saddening. I adore that song. I don't understand why they didn't play it throughout the Splinter tour.

brian.offspring
06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
i've been told that they played Burn it Up in 2004 . . in venezuela or colombia . . i don't remember.