PDA

View Full Version : does this have any cred?

getitright
06-10-2008, 06:37 PM
a news article i found on ultimate-guitar.com, i dont rekon it would be true, i doubt they would put that song out as their second single...

"According to a Finnish source, The Offspring have announced "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?" as the second single from their upcoming full length.

The record is titled "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace" and is due out June 17, 2008.

Along with that, the band recently confirmed that bassist Greg Kriesel will be taking some time off for a "scheduled family matter" but will be returning to the fold by mid-June.

Face to Face bassist Scott Shiflett will be filling in on the band's upcoming shows.

Thanks for the info to Punknews.org."

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 06:54 PM
The band, nor any other source outside of that radio station has mentioned anything about a second single.

Zee
06-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, a few things to clear up since it was me who started the thread where this info was taken...

One of the Finland's biggest radio stations (Radio Rock) had an info that Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? would be the second single. This was approximately two weeks ago. They have a program each day called "new rock evening", and it had an comprehensive preview of the song. The list was about the songs that should be played that week, so the news flash got deleted when people started to ask about it. Obviously it would've been a too early play, but the actual info there (it being the second single) might be correct. It's the size of a radio station that don't make news up, someone gave it to them which should be the Finnish part of Sony most likely. No-one's denying it, yet none's confirming it either. They're just shut up. :)

I hope too that it wouldn't be the second single, but we'll see. There's also an option that it would be just our country's second single, sort of, or for that radio only... Hammerhead wasn't too succesful over here you know.

bouncingcoles
06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
i think a lot like me would be a better single

Zee
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
That, or Half-Truism. A Lot Like Me is just too long for a radio play...

But to be honest I believe in the radio station, they were just a little too early to announce it. It sounded credible, they described the song right before no other had heard it than the label guys...