here you go guys

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/albums

:cool:

drex878
06-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Sweet. But where is stuff is messed up?

DMelges
06-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I think Dex forgot what the hell he says at the fastest part of the vocals, lol.

Does anyone know what Quo Modo means ? (Trust In You)

Thomas
06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Of all the songs to NOT have, it had to be Stuff if Messed Up...

haha. Oh well. I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually.

Tisiacs
06-10-2008, 05:48 PM
well aparently higgins still did some back vocals for RAFRAG

quo modo = "by what way (mean) ?"

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
well aparently higgins still did some back vocals for RAFRAG

Yeah, it looks as if he's still involved with the band, he just doesn't have time to tour anymore.

drex878
06-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow, never would have guessed that it's "Trust, deceived!", not "Trust and see" in You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

T_immortal
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Quo modo apparently means in what manner :) and the official lyrics dont say anything about those very faint backup lines in the 2nd verse of half truism

Gustavo
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Whoa, crap. I just saw this very same link about one hour ago, expecting to see the lyrics there and I found only Hammerhead available.
haha.
But, thanks, anyway :)

drex878
The music behind Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace seems so much more powerful while reading the lyrics. It's deep, man. Real deep.

leo3375
Does anyone know what Quo Modo means ? (Trust In You)

"Quo modo" is Latin for "In what manner?" It also means "How?"

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow, never would have guessed that it's "Trust, deceived!", not "Trust and see" in You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

yeah that one totally got me too but its funny when you read the lyrics and listen all of a sudden you're like... oh wow... yep thats definitely what he's saying (even if you would never have believed it before) haha

DMelges
06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I can't believe how much we messed up in Half-Truism. hehehe

Bipolar Bear
06-10-2008, 06:10 PM
No lyrics for Shit Is Fucked Up...it just had to be the one which I wanted the lyrics the most for which they skip, heh :rolleyes:

DMelges
06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow. I just found something very interesting. At the end of the lyrics of Rise and Fall, there seems to be a note from dexter ..

Rise and fall is
Good and evil,
Appearance and reality,
Judgment and reflection.
It is to judge and to be judged,
To dream and to accept.
It is Triumph and despair,
Wish and realization,

And we are both.

Deep. Very deep. :cool:

leo3375
06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
No lyrics for Shit Is Fucked Up...it just had to be the one which I wanted the lyrics the most for which they skip, heh :rolleyes:

What a fucking cocktease! Lyrics for every song EXCEPT "Stuff Is Messed Up!"

0r4ng3
06-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Okay, the "Stuff is Messed Up" lyrics appear to be up now.

T_immortal
06-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow. I just found something very interesting. At the end of the lyrics of Rise and Fall, there seems to be a note from dexter ..

Rise and fall is
Good and evil,
Appearance and reality,
Judgment and reflection.
It is to judge and to be judged,
To dream and to accept.
It is Triumph and despair,
Wish and realization,

And we are both.

Deep. Very deep. :cool:

That's some serious stuff, very insightful and true as well, Dexter is a true genius. Definitely the most serious album they've ever released, subject matter wise this blows Splinter (thought by many to be their darkest album to date) out of the water. Transcendent album, truly epic! :)

leo3375
06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Okay, the "Stuff is Messed Up" lyrics appear to be up now.

w00t! 10 characters

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 06:24 PM
"Death squads and boob jobs"
never thought I'd see those two things in one line in a song...
hahaha

leo3375
06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
The lyrics on this album are definitely amongst the best Dexter has ever written.

DMelges
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
The lyrics on this album are definitely amongst the best Dexter has ever written.

Cheers to that.

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2008, 06:50 PM
You mean he doesn't say handjobs?! :eek:

:(

drex878
06-10-2008, 06:56 PM
You mean he doesn't say handjobs?! :eek:

:(

Stuff Is Messed Up makes up for it with Boobjobs. If only we could confirm that with official lyrics.

Bipolar Bear
06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Yes! The lyrics for Shit is Fucked Up!

He does say LOL, he also says RPG!
Unless he meant it as in Rocket Propelled Grenade.

Bipolar Bear
06-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I personally got confirmation that the lyrics on this album are definitely amongst the best Dexter has ever written.

Yes, except for Ignition and Smash.

Drafan
06-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Give us what we want
you will be gloryfied
what we want
can be made
only by you

music you play
words you sing
keeps us alive
brings us awake
so thank you all
for what you have done
because it´s good.

Flash12354
06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
So looking at those lyrics... I really feel like You're Gonna Go Far Kid is about typical capitalist America... The "kid" is learning to "deceive", as in a businessman and politician, in order to achieve and make it in a broken system.. Anyone else think the lyrics could be along those lines?

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 07:07 PM

I agree, Dex definitely put a lot more effort into the lyrics, lyrically this is probably the strongest album.

IamSam
06-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I suddenly like Rock Bottom a lot more seeing that it is about American's looking out apathetically at the world dissolving around them.

0r4ng3
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
So looking at those lyrics... I really feel like You're Gonna Go Far Kid is about typical capitalist America... The "kid" is learning to "deceive", as in a businessman and politician, in order to achieve and make it in a broken system.. Anyone else think the lyrics could be along those lines?
I personally think it's about an assassin or another kind of mercenary that is betrayed by his superiors, but eventually gets revenge.

brian.offspring
06-10-2008, 07:17 PM
finaly! i've been waiting for the lyrics to appear
now i want a "dexter on song"

hshduppsnt
06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
^ Yeah starting up dexter on the songs again would be cool

jacknife737
06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
With Kid, the very first time I heard it, I kind of figured the subject matter, involved Dex describing a younger band, now it doesn't seem likely.

Unnatural Disaster
06-10-2008, 07:30 PM
So officially Half-Truism is "Our light that shines strong..."

brothadave79
06-10-2008, 08:46 PM
I personally think it's about an assassin or another kind of mercenary that is betrayed by his superiors, but eventually gets revenge.

I think it's about somebody who spreads propaganda to keep the public in fear (reporting terror threats, maybe), and the speaker/singer is someone who can see through all of his lies. He's bitterly saying "you're gonna go far kid" because it's supported by the powers that be.

Overall I think it's a commentary on the fear-mongering the US employs towards its War on Terror.

Cock Joke
06-10-2008, 08:59 PM
YGGFK's lyrics towards the end say "Clever alibis" and "Lord of the flies" but I can't imagine both those sets of lyrics in there. Just one or the other. But more the 1st one.

Cejus
06-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Ha! He really says "LOL" and "Boob jobs"! I'm in love with Dexter, I really am.

What does "RPG’s" mean? In "Stuff is messed up" lyrics.

Cock Joke
06-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Role Playing Games. Games such as World of Warcraft and Runescape.

BIG Nicky
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
YGGFK's lyrics towards the end say "Clever alibis" and "Lord of the flies" but I can't imagine both those sets of lyrics in there. Just one or the other. But more the 1st one.

I don't get the "Lord of the Flies" reference since I've never read the book.
Can someone elaborate?

brothadave79
06-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Role Playing Games. Games such as World of Warcraft and Runescape.

Or "Rocket-Propelled Grenade" launchers that you can hear so much about on cable news.

IamSam
06-10-2008, 10:10 PM
These are the meanings of the songs as I interpret them. Agree, disagree…this is what I think:

Half-Truism: I think this is a commentary on America and how we think we are better than everyone. We think that we have it all yet it is all a façade; a façade that is cracking.

Trust In You: This song is about someone who has had their trust broken and yearns to learn to trust again.

You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid: To me this song seems to yell at me “I’m about President Bush.” It sounds like the song is about someone raising a kid up in the ways of lying in front of people. He throws lies at people and ‘dances’ to their questions. He deceives peoples trust by leading them towards “the light of day” even though it was wrong.

Hammerhead: Already covered. School shooter who thought he was all that and a bag of chips.

A Lot Like Me: I still haven’t dove into this song to discover its meaning.

Takes Me Nowhere: This song is about a drug user who sees that the path he is on takes him nowhere. He wants to change, but is still hooked. He sees the damage he has done and the people he has hurt and he sees that he is on a path that only leads to destruction.

Kristy Are You Doing Ok?: Already covered. It’s about looking back on a sexual molestation and helping the victim move on. Very touching IMO.

Nothingtown: This is about a song about a couple people who want to escape their town as they are starting life because it is bringing them down. It’s kind of a TKAA II without the overwhelming amazingness of TKAA. I still like it a lot though.

Stuff Is Messed Up: This is a rant about the media and our society (American) and how affixed we are to things that aren’t important. It screams at commercialization and the lack of actual feelings towards the things actually matter.

Fix You: This song is about wanting someone to conform to your wants and desires but they don’t fit to your standards. You want to fix them so they fit, or you want them to fix you so that it would work. Problems with both people that won’t heal with them together constantly cause arguments and cause more wounds.

Let’s Hear It For Rock Bottom: I wasn’t very impressed with this song until I saw the lyrics. Then I peed myself. Apparently Dexter has been reading my mind. This song is about Americans (some) sitting back in isolation and apathetically watching as the world goes to shit. We see it happening and comment on it, but we just sit back and change the channel. “What would Ivan say” harkens back to the Cold War. During the Cold War the US was always there at the forefront when it came to improving life for its own people and for everyone else. “Ivan” was also trying to, so really both sides were helping the world.

Rise and Fall: This song is about someone who has gone to the top and has had people watching and waiting for them to fall and fail. Once the person starts to fall those watching are more than willing to help snowball the failure and cause a quick, complete, and utter collapse.

Cejus
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Fix You: This song is about wanting someone to conform to your wants and desires but they don’t fit to your standards. You want to fix them so they fit, or you want them to fix you so that it would work. Problems with both people that won’t heal with them together constantly cause arguments and cause more wounds.

How I feel related with this song... *sigh*

Anyway, nice job with the meaning of the songs, I agree with most of them. Not sure about your interpretation of "You're gonna go far, kid", tho. I cannot decide what that song is about, however.

Marco
06-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Deep lyrics...great album!

GoneAway15
06-10-2008, 11:44 PM
A lot like me could be about drugs and the depression it causes? "want it you got it you bought it you're sliding, want it you got it you bought it can't hide it"

just an idea.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-11-2008, 12:13 AM
The lyrics to Stuff Is Messed Up represent how i feel about the world. And you know why? Because SHIT IS FUCKED UP in this world!!!!!!!!!!

Llamas
06-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Okay. So after reading the lyrics to these songs, I'd just like to say something.

I don't care how the songs sound, or who they remind anyone of. The fact of the matter is that one of the biggest reasons to love the Offspring is their lyrics. These are some of their best lyrics, and it doesn't seem that ANY of the songs on RAFRAG have weak lyrics. Fucking amazing.

Dexter_italy
06-11-2008, 02:06 AM
It seems to me that the lyrics to half truism are related to the album cover....is it possible? :cool:
________
OLD MAN TUBES (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/29/old-man/videos/1)

Rooster
06-11-2008, 04:02 AM
This is deffinitely their lyrically strongest album. Very deep.

GunForHire
06-11-2008, 05:40 AM
I don't get the "Lord of the Flies" reference since I've never read the book.
Can someone elaborate?

In brief:

In LOTF, a plane carrying a bunch of schoolboys gets shot down over the Atlantic or somewhere, and crashes on a desert island. No adults survive, so it's basically all these boys with no rules and no system of justice. They try to form a system of leadership to maintain order, but it falls apart when another boy forms his own group and starts doing what they want.

Anarchy arises, and ultimately ends in the boys fighting each other, with some getting killed. The book could be summed up as the battle between the good and evil in all of us, and how without a system to keep those in check, we can all turn into animals. This ties in nicely with the note at the end of the lyrics for Rise and Fall.

If you've ever seen Lost on TV, it has some strong connections to the book. For example, in lost the two leaders are called Jack and John, like in the book. Except it has crazy monsters and shit.

Jack-UK
06-11-2008, 05:44 AM
In brief:

In LOTF, a plane carrying a bunch of schoolboys gets shot down over the Atlantic or somewhere, and crashes on a desert island. No adults survive, so it's basically all these boys with no rules and no system of justice. They try to form a system of leadership to maintain order, but it falls apart when another boy forms his own group and starts doing what they want.

Anarchy arises, and ultimately ends in the boys fighting each other, with some getting killed. The book could be summed up as the battle between the good and evil in all of us, and how without a system to keep those in check, we can all turn into animals.

If you've ever seen Lost on TV, it has some strong connections to the book. For example, in lost the two leaders are called Jack and John, like in the book. Except it has crazy monsters and shit.
I love Lord of the Flies <3 Great book.

qwertyasd
06-11-2008, 07:51 AM
In brief:

Anarchy arises, and ultimately ends in the boys fighting each other, with some getting killed. The book could be summed up as the battle between the good and evil in all of us, and how without a system to keep those in check, we can all turn into animals. This ties in nicely with the note at the end of the lyrics for Rise and Fall.

I think the leaders in LOTF are called Jack and Ralph.
I just did my final exam in literature and this year we studied LOTF.

just had to say that:)

GunForHire
06-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Wait, I think you're right. It's been 5 years since I read LOTF for an assignment.

medi01
06-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I think the leaders in LOTF are called Jack and Ralph.
I just did my final exam in literature and this year we studied LOTF.

just had to say that:)

yeh it is...i literally just sat an exam on it two weeks ago!!!! ... but failed the LOTF part miserable....its a pretty shit book IMHO

disclaimer_07
06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I guess it shoud be "And as you step back into line" in "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid".