PDA

View Full Version : To: Dexter Holland

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Dexter,
I am a big fan of "THE OFFSPRING" and of yours, since 1998. I watched you eleven times, last one this year, here in Lisbon. I have a lot of Offspring's stuff and i give a good time time of myself to this BBS.
Other guys here in the BBS, will maybe, blame this thread, but i really needed to express my feelings right now:

I just saw some footage of your concert in Paris. It was great, really really great.
And there is where the problem lives, you were GREAT just that time.
I and I believe some other folks, go to your concerts YEAR AFTER YEAR and they always listen to the same, and as the years go on, your attitude seem to be more apathetic up on stage. We're tired of the same old stunes, "Same old story". I know that you have to play Pretty Fly or Want you bad, i understand, but why keep praising the fans that just like Americana and never play some tunes that we, the guys that still buys your albums and supports THE OFFSPRING, adopted as our Anthems

Abstract: You may never read this, but what i am asking, is that you "emule" that performance in Paris in all of the others. I paid 53 euros + 60 in t-shirts and i only saw 57 minutes of yours, with 30-40 % composed of songs from Americana, an album that most fans would say "average". Im so envious of that french dudes that saw a "piece of heaven", that's right, your perfomance in Paris was so fuckin great.

Best Regards and expecting a lot of sucess for RAFRAG

RonWelty
The Fan

F@ BANKZ
06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Well phrased. I don't think I agree but I can see where you're coming from.
DO NOT HAVE A GO AT THIS FAN

I've never seen the band live, so I cannot really say too much, but I could certainly suggest that some of the songs from Americana still played live are replaced with new songs: they're definitely at least as good. For example, instead of Staring At The Sun play Takes Me Nowhere.

I understand the band generally plays what they want, I appreciate them for that, but I'm putting forward my advice anyway.
If you feel strongly about this Ron I hear that it's much more effective to write to the band directly.

PS. Please, do NOT replace TKAA with anything though!

T_immortal
06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Or maybe instead of the same americana songs, I'd like to see it mixed up a bit, how about "No brakes" or "Pay the man" instead of "Have you ever" and "Pretty fly"? "Come out and play" and "Self esteem" IMO, are perfect ways to open and close a set respectively. I do understand what RonWelty is saying though :) and I agree with him, I love the Offspring, but they should mix it up a bit ;)

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Playing at least one Ignition song once in a while would be a good start.
Get it Right / Burn it Up / LAPD would be good choices

Self-Esteem
06-11-2008, 09:06 AM
I am disappointed with Dexter because he doesn't treat the whole fans in the same way example Rock in Rio and Paris....

medi01
06-11-2008, 09:11 AM
agreed....in a positive way:D

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah I'd have to say, given I've seen them a number of times (and this may be the problem because if I hadn't seen them live yet I dunno what I'd want)... maybe just a bit more variety in the setlist? I still have more fun at their shows than anyone else (example went to weenie roast and santa barbara back to back and would have gone to san diego had family stuff not gotten in the way of that one).

Hopefully on the album tour they'll mix it up just a little with a song or two they rotate from s/t and ignition (BLACKBALL!)

and if not, oh well, i'll still enjoy the greatest hits set list hahaha - soooo many good songs!

offspringer24
06-11-2008, 09:12 AM
i dunno tbf ive seen em play beheaded,session,dirty magic accoustic live, nothing else matters cover (better than original) and other rarer songs.

i do agree to a certain extent but im sure he does care about us! :) ive seen em live 10 times and im never disapointed except wdygaj but i just dont like that song :)

edit: i guess im lucky tho because i first saw them in 94/95 cant remember which lol

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 09:15 AM
They played Blitzkrieg Bop sometimes!

Offspring.of.Offspring
06-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Dexter,
I am a big fan of "THE OFFSPRING" and of yours, since 1998. I watched you eleven times, last one this year, here in Lisbon. I have a lot of Offspring's stuff and i give a good time time of myself to this BBS.
Other guys here in the BBS, will maybe, blame this thread, but i really needed to express my feelings right now:

I just saw some footage of your concert in Paris. It was great, really really great.
I and I believe some other folks, go to your concerts YEAR AFTER YEAR and they always listen to the same, and as the years go on, your attitude seem to be more apathetic up on stage. We're tired of the same old stunes, "Same old story". I know that you have to play Pretty Fly or Want you bad, i understand, but why keep praising the fans that just like Americana and never play some tunes that we, the guys that still buys your albums and supports THE OFFSPRING, adopted as our Anthems

Abstract: You may never read this, but what i am asking, is that you "emule" that performance in Paris in all of the others. I paid 53 euros + 60 in t-shirts and i only saw 57 minutes of yours, with 30-40 % composed of songs from Americana, an album that most fans would say "average". Im so envious of that french dudes that saw a "piece of heaven", that's right, your perfomance in Paris was so fuckin great.

RonWelty
The FanScrew You.

Gustavo
06-11-2008, 09:19 AM
They played Blitzkrieg Bop sometimes!

Yeah, as far as I know they played in Bogot, Colombia in 2004, in Recife, Brazil in 2004 and sometime in 1992.

Jesus
06-11-2008, 09:23 AM
(btw last nights show was also 30% Americana... TKAA, Have you ever, Staring at the sun, Americana, Pretty fly, Why don't you get a job. Minus Why don't you get a job I don't really want to see them drop any of those of the setlist, they should just add more songs like the whole of ignition and rafrag ;)).

Anyway, Rock in Rio was a huge festival, Paris was a small club show; the purposes and objectives of both are totally different. No festival is gonna hire a band that's gonna play a show aimed at the 100 die hard fans in the audience... and that makes the 99900 people in the audience go wa? and meh. Especially when they have such a large catalogue of well known songs (which include most of Americana/Smash, not just the singles).

Put yourself in the place of people from the "opposite side" that know a band only from their most popular songs and albums. Lets call that band Muse instead of Offspring, you'd enjoy that festival appearance probably more if they'd play songs you know instead of pleasing the couple die hard Muse fans in the audience. Especially when you'd have to pay 80-120 euro for a ticket (standard price in most of Western Europe).

Manic Subsida
06-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I think the set-lists are great. Not that I know too much about it, but... I love all The Offspring songs. ^^

Gustavo
06-11-2008, 09:25 AM
About the thread...
Yeah, I agree.
I'm a huge The Offspring fan too, I spend a lot of time here in this BBBs, Orkut, in my website and stuff and a lot of money in CDs, website and stuff.
Unfortunately, I have never been to a The Offspring concert in my whole life, but to go to the concert is my dream...
And when my dream comes true, I'd love to listen to some old-school songs too, I'm not saying that they should forget all the post-Ixnay era and play only the old stuff, It'd be stupid. I think they should try to play a little bit of each album :)
I think they should never forget their roots, I'm not saying they did, though.

Oh, Dexter and the rest of the band. If you read this I want you guys to know that I love and respect your work, I wish you all the success in your life, and in RAFRAG as well.

Gustavo :)

Drums beating in my Heart
NEVER NEVER, OH NEVER DARE TO CHANGE THE KIDS AREN'T ALLRIGHT FOR AN OTHER SONG!!!
Before RAFRAG it was the greatist song of the offspring, after RAFRAG... IT STILL IS!!!

ps: the most "real fans" don't like pretty fly. But other people who just want to have a great night out, no mather what group plays, could like this song a lot...

hshduppsnt
^ agreed.

If they play a festival they have to play a greatest hits type of show.

Thats why im so jealous they keep playing club shows in France hahahaa.
Can't wait for the album tour, that'll still be closer to die hard fans and maybe if they play in smaller venues it'll be even more like that.

I can definitely say i've been the other way and been super annoyed when a band (and i wont name em but still point is the same) totally did their own thing instead of the sorta greatest hits everyone else was doing. Totally ruined the show and cleared like half the venue (they were last).

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 09:27 AM
NEVER NEVER, OH NEVER DARE TO CHANGE THE KIDS AREN'T ALLRIGHT FOR AN OTHER SONG!!!
Before RAFRAG it was the greatist song of the offspring, after RAFRAG... IT STILL IS!!!

ps: the most "real fans" don't like pretty fly. But other people who just want to have a great night out, no mather what group plays, could like this song a lot...

I like Self Esteem better!

Jack-UK
06-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Look, they can't satisfy everyone, they try and satisfy the majority, hence they play the hits, they play the new songs, they occassionally chuck in one song for 'hardcore fans'.

I'm a fan of their older stuff too, but they haven't got forever to play a gig, they will get tired like we will, they've got so many albums and songs that they just go for the ones which are most popular.

If you ask me, fair enough, but i'd like a bit of a mix up with the set lists every now and again.. i think the band would probably enjoy something a bit different too :D

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 09:54 AM
you didn't get the point. Why only in Paris they play that club shows? We in Portugal want to listen them. in that kind of show, too...i would rather pay 53 euros to go to a OFFSPRING CLUB SHOW than paying 13(example) euros to go to a FESTIVAL with them playing greatest hits.

I Still love them very much,and he is my youth idol, that's not the point.
And talking about Dexter's presence in stage, i do not believe that because he is in a festival he has to be so quiet like he was in Rock in Rio.
In all newspapers reviews of Rock in Rio perfomance, they wrote that they were expecting a Dexter Holland full of joy, and even if the songs were well played, the band lacked comunication with the crowd.

Take care

PS: IMO, Pretty Fly, TKAA, Have you ever and/or Staring at the sun would be enough.

F@ BANKZ
06-11-2008, 10:45 AM
They should mix it up a little each time.

Superdope
06-11-2008, 11:08 AM
i dunno tbf ive seen em play beheaded,session,dirty magic accoustic live, nothing else matters cover (better than original) and other rarer songs.

i do agree to a certain extent but im sure he does care about us! :) ive seen em live 10 times and im never disapointed except wdygaj but i just dont like that song :)

edit: i guess im lucky tho because i first saw them in 94/95 cant remember which lol

They played nothing else matters?!? why haven't I heard about that before?

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
They played nothing else matters?!? why haven't I heard about that before?

neither i do know that

Mimile
06-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Well said.

I was in paris yesterday night... and, I can't realise they play those songs for us... we try to sing so loud so they can understand that's everybody want to.

Dexter and Noodles are so nice... It was the most beautiful day of my life.
The capacity were like 700 people. It was awesome. Hope they understand the message and they'll play at least one or two old song for the next show.

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Well said.

I was in paris yesterday night... and, I can't realise they play those songs for us... we try to sing so loud so they can understand that's everybody want to.

Dexter and Noodles are so nice... It was the most beautiful day of my life.
The capacity were like 700 people. It was awesome. Hope they understand the message and they'll play at least one or two old song for the next show.
i love that kind of shows, with no more than 1000 or 2000 people, just the hardcore fans...AMAZING

Capricorn4
06-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't want to complain because they'll play in Sopron,Hungary for the first time ever,but a club show in Budapest or Szeged would be really nice.

Jesus
06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
you didn't get the point. Why only in Paris they play that club shows?
The reason for the focus on festivals this time probably has to do with creating interest in the new record by playing for as many people as possible (whether they did this well stage presence wise, is another argument). It seems the most logical when you are getting a new record out and are planning your own tour afterwards. But to expect them not to play the most well known songs on a festival seems quite strange. And since they had some time off during RaR RiP and Interlaken, they filled that up with what was offered.

And it was actually going to be in Amsterdam first. You could always ask your local booking agents/tour organizer of rock in rio why they didn't offer them a club show in addition to a position on the festival (the Paris one was organized by "nous productions", the same guys that do Eurock the festival they'll play in July). I can already guess the rock in rio response, not that many people would come to our festivals or it wouldn't have such media appeal. Or maybe the just didn't feel it was worth it.

But I can see them doing more club shows during the next tour (I hope so!). Probably not all the time, because then a lot of people won't be able to see them seeing how fast this show was sold out without much marketing effort.

One final note. They played in your country. You got to see them, that's more than what most people get or have the chance too. Maybe you shouldn't let the perfect become the enemy of the good... yeah you probably didn't get the most perfect thing (maybe we did ;)), but neither did you get the worst. Instead of just hoping for the perfect and being disappointed if it isn't achieved, we can be more realistic and hope for a good mix of festivals, club shows and normal concerts as a start ;).

jacknife737
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Again, as people have pointed out, club show vs festival = different setlists. At least you guys got to see the band prior to the release, the band hasn't set foot in Canuckastan since 05 warped tour.

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 12:43 PM
The reason for the focus on festivals this time probably has to do with creating interest in the new record by playing for as many people as possible (whether they did this well, is a total other argument). It seems the most logical when you are getting a new record out and are planning your own tour afterwards. But to expect them not to play the most well known songs on a festival seems quite strange. And since they had some time off during RaR RiP and Interlaken, they filled that up with what was offered.

And it was actually going to be in Amsterdam first. You could always ask your local booking agents/tour organizer of rock in rio why they didn't offer them a club show in addition to a position on the festival (the Paris one was organized by "nous productions", the same guys that do Eurock the festival they'll play in July). I can already guess the rock in rio response, not that many people would come to our festivals or it wouldn't have such media appeal. Or maybe the just didn't feel it was worth it.

But I can see them doing more club shows during the next tour. Probably not all the time, because then a lot of people won't be able to see them seeing how fast this show was sold out without much marketing effort.

One final note. They played in your country. You got to see them, that's more than what most people get or have the chance too. Maybe you shouldn't let the perfect become the enemy of the good... yeah you probably didn't get the most perfect thing (maybe we did ;)), but neither did you get the worst.
okay jesus, it's your view, i respect it. But i believe, as a true fan, i can't say only good things. And, in my opinion, speaking for a lof of us, they need to change a bit the setlist(this is Greg's job, isn't it?) and perform, like they did in Paris, in all the other gigs , where the people still pays to see them, and wants too, to have a special time. This my view as a fan. For the record, I'm not saying shit about them; I want them to improve, if they allow us to help them make it happen, cool; If not...well...let it be that way

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
06-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Dexter,

RonWelty
The Fan

Couldn't say it better

The Search Button
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Dexter,

RonWelty
The Fan

The thing is, if they played Session or Beheaded at Rock in Rio 99% of the people would be: WTF!

Only you and me would jam on that song, and that would make us look like total assholes in the middle of the crowd. That's not nice.

:)

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah dude, a lot of people here thinks this, look, i'm not criticizing just to be stupid, i really like them, and i want them respected by the press, general music fans, that tend to think of "the Offspring" as a average band.I'm so sick of it.

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
The thing is, if they played Session or Beheaded at Rock in Rio 99% of the people would be: WTF!

Only you and me would jam on that song, and that would make us look like total assholes in the middle of the crowd. That's not nice.

this is NOT ABOUT ROCK IN RIO. That was an exemple, a recent example... you may stay cool and let the river goes down its way and accept it, but we, sometimes, have to stand up, even if against the world, and show/advise/advert them to a specific detail where they're not so very good. I think of this as a positive point.

Jesus
06-11-2008, 12:58 PM
okay jesus, it's your view, i respect it. But i believe, as a true fan, i can't say only good things. And, in my opinion, speaking for a lof of us, they need to change a bit the setlist(this is Greg's job, isn't it?) and perform, like they did in Paris, in all the other gigs , where the people still pays to see them, and wants too, to have a special time. This my view as a fan. For the record, I'm not saying shit about them; I want them to improve, if they allow us to help them make it happen, cool; If not...well...let it be that way
I don't disagree with this, just don't expect a club show performance on a festival where they play 50 minutes and are meters away from the crowd and 95% of the people there are interested in the few songs they know. The same thing most people want from bands they don't really know (or aren't true fans as you call). Because bands that do this are crowd killers at festivals.

You seem to put a lot of things into one argument, which should be separated in my opinion.
-club show and festivals
-set list rotations
-stage presence

On a festival I don't really expect anything different than what I expect of most bands, a greatest hits set. What could improve is stage presence and enthusiasm there, totally different issue. Set list rotation on their own shows? Hell yeah! (you'll get jealous people then too ofcourse).

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Dexter said that they don't play the old songs, because most of the audience don't know those songs, so he marked the "oldscool" songs as "audience-killer songs". And the songs they play are awesome, so i don't understand what is your problem

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't disagree with this, just don't expect a club show performance on a festival where they play 50 minutes and are meters away from the crowd and 95% of the people there are interested in the few songs they know. The same thing most people want from bands they don't really know (or aren't true fans as you call). Because bands that do this are crowd killers at festivals.

You seem to put a lot of things into one argument, which should be separated in my opinion.
-club show and festivals
-set list rotations
-stage presence

On a festival I don't really expect anything different than what I expect of most bands, a greatest hits set. What could improve is stage presence and enthusiasm there, totally different issue. Set list rotation on their own shows? Hell yeah! (you'll get jealous people then too ofcourse).yes jesus, i agree with you. we're saying +- the same, but yeah, you named the three big subjects

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Dexter said that they don't play the old songs, because most of the audience don't know those songs, so he marked the "oldscool" songs as "audience-killer songs". And the songs they play are awesome, so i don't understand what is your problem

you say that because you knew offspring in the last years, and you, maybe, never watched a live show them. you get a little sick of the same songs everynight...

Capricorn4
06-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I guess all RonWelty wanna hear is a different setlist from time to time not the same song during live performances,just little diversity.

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
yes, and their performance in stage@ Rock in Rio, take this as an example again, was very criticized here in Portugal.
capricorn64, don't you want too?

Castormut
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Change the world , The Meaning of life , LAPD , Pay the man , Dirty Magic, Kick Him When Hes Down ...etc

very good songs, perfect for setlist, that do not touch in direct would be very well that they introduced some of those songs in tracklist habitual

randman21
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
^Exactly, and they've got enough to choose from. A person who's not a big fan won't know all the songs they play anyway, so they might as well jam to some oldies.

Capricorn4
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
yes, and their performance in stage@ Rock in Rio, take this as an example again, was very criticized here in Portugal.
capricorn64, don't you want too?

Sorry what I wanted to?Can't understand,I'm tired.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM

If you go to an Offspring concert you must know all the songs, no? I am a hard core Offspring fan and know all the songs. And I think every Offspring fan does, and so what at a concert if people don't know the songs... They must play the old school song. What they did in Paris was fucking awesome. If I was there I'd go crazy like hell I tell you. I think they must think about us, the hard core fans, too

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM
as OBAMA would say, "YES WE CAN" , all together(as beheaded in Paris proved) we can "tell" THEM what we want from them.

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Sorry what I wanted to?Can't understand,I'm tired.

that little mix of song in their setlists

Jesus
06-11-2008, 01:11 PM
yes jesus, i agree with you. we're saying +- the same, but yeah, you named the three big subjects

Pretty much actually, yeah.
The thing is that the greatest hits record sort of made the distinction between concerts and festival appearances seem irrelevant ;). Which I'm sure will change with the new record. Like with CO1, they played a lot of CO1 songs, with Splinter they played a lot of Splinter songs in their own concerts. So that was the new thing when you heard them (5 songs or so).

But at the end of the Splinter tour they played mostly festivals, so mostly greatest hits sets. Then they released the greatest hits record, which they toured by playing a greatest hits sets in concert (obviously). And the shows we have had in 2007-2008 were mostly festivals too... so this meant once again the same setlist. So basically 3 times they toured with mostly the same songs. That's why we get that repetitive feeling mostly. Which will probably change with the new record being out, cause then we'll get a bunch of new songs, which you haven't heard live yet. Hopefully mixed with rotation of the older songs!

Capricorn4
06-11-2008, 01:11 PM
If you go to an Offspring concert you must know all the songs, no? I am a hard core Offspring fan and know all the songs. And I think every Offspring fan does, and so what at a concert if people don't know the songs... They must play the old school song. What they did in Paris was fucking awesome. If I was there I'd go crazy like hell I tell you. I think they must think about us, the hard core fans, too

I would go crazy too....ahhh jealous

cool 2 hate 681
06-11-2008, 01:13 PM
they should do a club show tour for hardcore fans and play rare songs but still keep crowd pleasers like self esteem and the The kids aren't alright

something like what bad religion did with the house of blues

ThunderPX
The thing is that the greatest hits record sort of made the distinction between concerts and festival appearances seem irrelevant ;). Which I'm sure will change with the new record. Like with CO1, they played a lot of CO1 songs, with Splinter they played a lot of Splinter songs in their own concerts and that was new when you heard them.

But at the end of the Splinter tour they played mostly festivals, so mostly greatest hits sets. Then they released the greatest hits record, on which they toured and played greatest hits sets in concert. And the shows we have had in 2007-2008 were mostly festivals too... so this meant once again the same setlist. So basically 3 times they toured with mostly the same songs. That's why we get that repetitive feeling mostly. Which will probably change with the new record being out, cause then we'll get a bunch of new songs, which you haven't heard live yet. Hopefully mixed with rotation of the older songs!

I agree with this, definitely.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, around what time did they stop featuring a lot of self-titled songs in their setlist? Just a rough estimate. I mean, NINwiki has like a designation for when they stopped playing each song, it's kinda crazy.

Capricorn4
that little mix of song in their setlists

Oh,and yes,but they will play a festival here too,so theres not much chance to happen.

randman21
06-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I agree with this, definitely.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, around what time did they stop featuring a lot of self-titled songs in their setlist? Just a rough estimate. I mean, NINwiki has like a designation for when they stopped playing each song, it's kinda crazy.
I'm pretty sure it was the moment Smash came out, though I base this on nothing at all.

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 01:24 PM
The thing is that the greatest hits record sort of made the distinction between concerts and festival appearances seem irrelevant ;). Which I'm sure will change with the new record. Like with CO1, they played a lot of CO1 songs, with Splinter they played a lot of Splinter songs in their own concerts. So that was the new thing when you heard them (5 songs or so).

But at the end of the Splinter tour they played mostly festivals, so mostly greatest hits sets. Then they released the greatest hits record, which they toured by playing a greatest hits sets in concert (obviously). And the shows we have had in 2007-2008 were mostly festivals too... so this meant once again the same setlist. So basically 3 times they toured with mostly the same songs. That's why we get that repetitive feeling mostly. Which will probably change with the new record being out, cause then we'll get a bunch of new songs, which you haven't heard live yet. Hopefully mixed with rotation of the older songs!

I think that's spot on, but with a smaller show with their own fans, you can also play old songs that even they might not know, like
have everyone stomp the 3 drum beats to blackball, or teach em all to yell blackball at a certain point, also makes the show more interactive

(thats just an example)

point is I'm hoping they play a couple small intimate shows in california at some point here too, but I'm also looking forward to the bigger shows and will always enjoy ending the night with Self Esteem. Nothing will ever replace that song as my favorite!

Jesus
06-11-2008, 01:37 PM
I think that's spot on, but with a smaller show with their own fans, you can also play old songs that even they might not know, like
have everyone stomp the 3 drum beats to blackball, or teach em all to yell blackball at a certain point, also makes the show more interactive

(thats just an example)

point is I'm hoping they play a couple small intimate shows in california at some point here too, but I'm also looking forward to the bigger shows and will always enjoy ending the night with Self Esteem. Nothing will ever replace that song as my favorite!

I completely agree.

Haha I'd actually be disappointed if they didn't end with self esteem, that's like a tradition you don't mess with. Just like bad habit is a perfect opener. Hearing beheaded and session live was so holy fucking holy did they just do that (especially beheaded) but so was hearing Hammerhead (That song is just so powerful with Pete drumming like a madman), You're gonna go far, kid and Trust in you. This was all new for most of us, even if the first 2 had been on the setlist for awhile. It's so exciting to hear these new songs live because they are just so damn good... shame they didn't play half-truism too ;). A bunch of new ones combined with not often played oldies=amazing concert.

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
^ ahahaha well you can't have it all jesus ;)

but I hear what you mean I got to hear Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid at KROQ Weenie Roast and the next Day in Santa Barbara... good times :)!

jacknife737
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the moment Smash came out, though I base this on nothing at all.

They (on occasion) played Beheaded up until after the CO1 tour. But i'm pretty sure they stopped playing songs from the rest of the album probably just after Smash was released.

Jesus
06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Didn't they play Jennifer lost the war every now and then during the smash tour?

Camilamazed
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM

It doesn't matter.

An example of that would be me in RIR and Muse. I have never heard them before. My face would totally be WTF? but I know there must have been happy fans.

Saying that you have to play only well known tracks because of the audience is not a good reason.

I for instance, have been to many festivals and saw bands that I thought I haven't heard before but then I got familiar with one hit or two.

So the thing is, of course you can mix old stuff and hits. It won't make a difference in festivals because there are fans for all the bands. And it is totally fair with the ones there to see the band.

I know I should not be upset about it because maybe some other fans won't have the chance, but I will be as upset as Ron if I go to Virgin Mobile, spent a whole day under the sun to listen to the same set list and no treat.

Bear with me. I'm not young anymore. I could easily handle whole days under then sun without water and peeing just to see the show front row as I did to see them. But know, several years later, and almost 30 years old, I think I deserve a treat. Because I will be the first to arrive in Baltimore, next August 9. I'll get the front row even if the temperature hits 100.

F@ BANKZ
06-11-2008, 02:19 PM
In response to Dexter not being so energetic: generally speaking he responds to the crowd from what I have seen. If they really don't like the band he's good, but for something really special the crowed needs to support them. People will think songs are rubbish live, simply as they are not what they know- like the haters of Rise and Fall.

Their typical setlist is fine for these festivals I believe, but The Offspring are massive in Brazil, like they are in France. Maybe they should offer them a special treat here and there to there as a thankyou. There are real fans at these festivals who would love something just a little out of the ordinary; I'm going to download in two days!!

Again though, my experience of a genuine live performance is 0 and it's up to the band.

The Search Button
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
It doesn't matter.

An example of that would be me in RIR and Muse. I have never heard them before. My face would totally be WTF? but I know there must have been happy fans.

Saying that you have to play only well known tracks because of the audience is not a good reason.

I for instance, have been to many festivals and saw bands that I thought I haven't heard before but then I got familiar with one hit or two.

So the thing is, of course you can mix old stuff and hits. It won't make a difference in festivals because there are fans for all the bands. And it is totally fair with the ones there to see the band.

I know I should not be upset about it because maybe some other fans won't have the chance, but I will be as upset as Ron if I go to Virgin Mobile, spent a whole day under the sun to listen to the same set list and no treat.

Bear with me. I'm not young anymore. I could easily handle whole days under then sun without water and peeing just to see the show front row as I did to see them. But know, several years later, and almost 30 years old, I think I deserve a treat. Because I will be the first to arrive in Baltimore, next August 9. I'll get the front row even if the temperature hits 100.

I respect and understand yours and Ron Welty's views. I kind of agree with some points too.

But take this example. Plenty of my friends - no die hard offspring fans- come over me saying: "hey man why didn't they play WDYGJ?". They really wanted to hear it live because you know, it was a hit and all. Us on the contrary, long time band followers, are pretty much sick of that song already.

My point is: You can't have it both ways. Wow that sounded so wrong. Let me rephrase. You can't please die hard fans giving them little gems (like Beheaded or Session in Paris) and at the same time please regular folks who just want to hear the greatest hits. Someone's gotta lose.

But yeah I agree, a little diversity on the setlist would be good.

IamSam
06-11-2008, 02:35 PM
It doesn't matter.

I agree with you. It's like Blink-182 playing M&M's live. What fans except the old ones knew that song while they were playing the Enema tour?

Camilamazed
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
My point is: You can't have it both ways. Wow that sounded so wrong. Let me rephrase. You can't please die hard fans giving them little gems (like Beheaded or Session in Paris) and at the same time please regular folks who just want to hear the greatest hits. Someone's gotta lose.

But yeah I agree, a little diversity on the setlist would be good.

How come? If they played a whole set list of hits and two old songs or even a song they've never played live before don't you think everybody would be satisfied?

I wouldn't really mind, for istance, if they play the whole Greatest Hits to please the audience and "End of the line" to please old fans. See, we can have it both ways. Totally. The Portuguese audience would also be glad if they play at least ONE old-school. And that would never be an audience-killer.

Their typical setlist is fine for these festivals I believe, but The Offspring are massive in Brazil, like they are in France. Maybe they should offer them a special treat here and there to there as a thankyou. There are real fans at these festivals who would love something just a little out of the ordinary; I'm going to download in two days!!

Massive indeed.

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
camilamazed: finally someone fully understands me :D

Obrigada ;)

The Search Button
06-11-2008, 02:44 PM
How come? If they played a whole set list of hits and two old songs or even a song they've never played live before don't you think everybody would be satisfied?

I wouldn't really mind, for istance, if they play the whole Greatest Hits to please the audience and "End of the line" to please old fans. See, we can have it both ways. Totally. The Portuguese audience would also be glad if they play at least ONE old-school. And that would never be an audience-killer.

People are never satisfied. You know, they are people. The problem is that "End of the Line" will be on a place of some other song, that some other person might relate to, and then this person would not be satisfied with the show and will go to foruns to whine.

The problem with TheOffspring is that they have too many good songs and too little time to play them.

Camilamazed
06-11-2008, 02:53 PM
People are never satisfied. You know, they are people. The problem is that "End of the Line" will be on a place of some other song, that some other person might relate to, and then this person would not be satisfied with the show and will go to foruns to whine.

The problem with TheOffspring is that they have too many good songs and too little time to play them.

If this person has a whole show with her favorite "hits" but only one "different" form what he/she is used to, do you think this person would go home and cry? No fucking way. She would go home as happy as the hard-cre fan who heard that special one. THAT ONE.

RonWelty
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
If this person has a whole show with her favorite "hits" but only one "different" form what he/she is used to, do you think this person would go home and cry? No fucking way. She would go home as happy as the hard-cre fan who heard that special one. THAT ONE.

strike ;) 10

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Blackball!!!!

in any case I'm sure they'll throw Session, Beheaded, and maybe something else and rotate them in certain shows.

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I actually don't remember them playing Blackball even during the Ignition times :(

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
^ I know, right? Could you imagine the hardcore crowd though, if that started at a show? I know I'd go nuts!

Zee
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I think the thread title should be rather To: Greg K... heh, you know, the man behind the set-lists. ;)

And there can't be enough songs from Americana... Have You Ever, Staring, Pretty, Kids, Americana belong there.

However, for sure I'd take songs from S/T and Ignition right a fucking way. But I don't mind my head with it, they play what they want and decide really and I'll take 'em. The most known songs are good because they really get the crowd going, and it's nice to pogo along.

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
That would be a frikkin moshpit:)
Dammit, it would be more than 20 years since they released that song... unbelievable.

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 04:03 PM
That would be a frikkin moshpit:)
Dammit, it would be more than 20 years since they released that song... unbelievable.

Exactly... intense and out of your mind amazing...

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I think the thread title should be rather To: Greg K... heh, you know, the man behind the set-lists. ;)

And there can't be enough songs from Americana... Have You Ever, Staring, Pretty, Kids, Americana belong there.

However, for sure I'd take songs from S/T and Ignition right a fucking way. But I don't mind my head with it, they play what they want and decide really and I'll take 'em. The most known songs are good because they really get the crowd going, and it's nice to pogo along.

This is also true, one thing I"ve always loved about Offspring shows is how Everyone is jumping up and down singing along... even at weenie roast which I'd say was mostly a metallica crowd, they were more energetic when it came to the offspring...
EDIT: gives me an excuse to sing despite my awful voice hahaha

Camilamazed
06-11-2008, 04:57 PM

Gosh. Shame on me and on you guys who quoted me without correcting my spelling.

:mad:

The Search Button
06-12-2008, 02:00 AM

That is true, if we are talking about an Offspring gig with only Offspring fans on it. Nothing to say. I agree.

Gosh. Shame on me and on you guys who quoted me without correcting my spelling.

:mad:

Fuck authority. Fuck Grammar. Rhetoric anarchy now!

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Dexter,

RonWelty
The Fan

same thing here....

the problem is portugal is small, with few real fans so i think they just don't care...sadly that's the case!

i mean...even when they play at their own small shows they seem very far away from us, there's a lack of communication....i felt very dissapointed at my very first show...i though (these guys come here play over and over as if we weren't here?) - back in 2001 it was no difference between their show or their CD played out in a CD player!!

i fucking support them i deserve better than this!!

well, RonWely you get that no one will ever listen to us...and you and me we'll suffer forever!

but then...the more you suffer the more it shows you really care...right? (maybe not...it hurts a lot!)

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 04:41 AM
yeah, i'm 99% sure that this thread will be useless but ok

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 05:46 AM
yeah

99,99999% :P

at least i'm with you!
and you with me...at least we are more than one lol

Camilamazed
06-12-2008, 05:58 AM
same thing here....

the problem is portugal is small, with few real fans so i think they just don't care...sadly that's the case!

i mean...even when they play at their own small shows they seem very far away from us, there's a lack of communication....i felt very dissapointed at my very first show...i though (these guys come here play over and over as if we weren't here?) - back in 2001 it was no difference between their show or their CD played out in a CD player!!

i fucking support them i deserve better than this!!

well, RonWely you get that no one will ever listen to us...and you and me we'll suffer forever!

but then...the more you suffer the more it shows you really care...right? (maybe not...it hurts a lot!)

It really doesn't matter if Portugal is small or not. Fans is what matters. Let's say there is a festival with 10 bands and one of them is The Offspring and I hate the rest of them. But that's the only opportunity I have.. I go. So, I have no chance to have a treat because of the audience? So what's important? The audience that is not there to see the Offpring or that couple of people who are there for them?

What we're talking about is ONE song on the set list that could please hardcore fans. We're not asking for a whole particular show.

And yes, only one song would not make a huge difference for 98% of the audience, but it could mean a lot for that small group of hardcore fans.

yeah, i'm 99% sure that this thread will be useless but ok

I don't think this thread will be useless. I actually think they've been considering it because since Soundwave we've had some songs. Session, now beheaded. We've had another one, was it elders?

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 06:12 AM
It really doesn't matter if Portugal is small or not. Fans is what matters. Let's say there is a festival with 10 bands and one of them is The Offspring and I hate the rest of them. But that's the only opportunity I have.. I go. So, I have no chance to have a treat because of the audience? So what's important? The audience that is not there to see the Offpring or that couple of people who are there for them?

What we're talking about is ONE song on the set list that could please hardcore fans. We're not asking for a whole particular show.

And yes, only one song would not make a huge difference for 98% of the audience, but it could mean a lot for that small group of hardcore fans.

I don't think this thread will be useless. I actually think they've been considering it because since Soundwave we've had some songs. Session, now beheaded. We've had another one, was it elders?
i don't remember. But i agree with you, one old/less played song would be great.

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:14 AM
well...

you don't get the point...it's not because of a rare song (neither small country and yes there isn't lots of real offspring fans here)....it's their whole attitude towards portuguese fans...seriously....it's weird....it's difference and i don't like it!!

it's been like this the last shows, and now rock in rio....and yeah i just went because of them...actually i wanted to stay at home...i had an exam i had to study but NO i didn't sleep and i was there just to see them!

i don't want anyone to know what i've done for them cause i can sure do a lot...and i do with no regrets and i don't think twice...cause i'm a fan man....and that's what fans do!

another guy drove lots of Km just to see them...we sacrifice for them and all we ask back is a decent concert!!
i get that while perfoming at a big festival they need to play more commercial song...I GET THAT!!

i just don't know why when we are at their own concert they rarely talk to us and when they do is to say "see ya later"....

IT HURTS!!!

and it's not just me....after their portugese concert back in 2001 and 2004 all the critics were saying this...actually they even said that the distance between offspring and the crowd was similiar to the pacific ocean...just so you can realize...

it's not about a rare song...it's about them!! they are nicer when they are in places they like...at least is what it looks like!!

man...

i wanna move to france, or brazil...or USA

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 06:17 AM
and they like our beer lol, i can't imagine how would they treat us if noodles starts to dislike our beer. ;) joking.

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:19 AM
and they like our beer lol, i can't imagine how would they treat us if noodles starts to dislike our beer. ;) joking.

LOL

I DON'T WANNA THINK ABOUT THAT....THEY WOULD NEVER BE HERE AGAIN
....FOR SURE!!!

The Search Button
06-12-2008, 06:22 AM
well...

you don't get the point...it's not because of a rare song (neither small country and yes there isn't lots of real offspring fans here)....it's their whole attitude towards portuguese fans...seriously....it's weird....it's difference and i don't like it!!

it's been like this the last shows, and now rock in rio....and yeah i just went because of them...actually i wanted to stay at home...i had an exam i had to study but NO i didn't sleep and i was there just to see them!

i don't want anyone to know what i've done for them cause i can sure do a lot...and i do with no regrets and i don't think twice...cause i'm a fan man....and that's what fans do!

another guy drove lots of Km just to see them...we sacrifice for them and all we ask back is a decent concert!!
i get that while perfoming at a big festival they need to play more commercial song...I GET THAT!!

i just don't know why when we are at their own concert they rarely talk to us and when they do is to say "see ya later"....

IT HURTS!!!

and it's not just me....after their portugese concert back in 2001 and 2004 all the critics were saying this...actually they even said that the distance between offspring and the crowd was similiar to the pacific ocean...just so you can realize...

it's not about a rare song...it's about them!! they are nicer when they are in places they like...at least is what it looks like!!

man...

Lets then discuss their stage performance.

They never been the most energetic band on stage, I mean jumping around and stuff. And I kinda like their stage attitude, it's the music that matters.

You must remember that Dexter came over the public in the end of Americana. How far long didn't he do it? I personally can't remember.

Dexter also refered during the show that there was no time. So less talking to allow more music. And still they joked about the beer, the "obrigado" and the pool gene.

In the end of the day they are just people. And people have good days and bad days. They can't be on a good mood everytime. No one is.

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 06:23 AM

They never been the most energetic band on stage, I mean jumping around and stuff. And I kinda like their stage attitude, it's the music that matters.

You must remember that Dexter came over the public in the end of Americana. How far long didn't he do it? I personally can't remember.

Dexter also refered during the show that there was no time. So less talking to allow more music. And still they joked about the beer, the "obrigado" and the pool gene.

In the end of the day they are just people. And people have good days and bad days. They can't be on a good mood everytime. No one is.since WOODSTOCK 1999 and MTV show in 2000

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:25 AM

In the end of the day they are just people. And people have good days and bad days. They can't be on a good mood everytime. No one is.

yeah....strangely their nicer concert was in rock in rio (their biggest interaction)...and it's not fair....I mean when they are playing to people that don't care about them they are really sweet, but in concerts like those in 2001 and 2004 they suck while perfoming to a bunch of their fans...

and too bad their bad days are when they come here LOL

too bad!!

they are persons...i know...but professionals too i hope

"i'm sad now"

...tries to forget....
...tries to forget....
...tries to forget....
...tries to forget....

well..who the hell am i kidding?? after 9 years of deep love people get use to it LOLOL

The Search Button
06-12-2008, 06:29 AM
yeah....strangely their nicer concert was in rock in rio...and totally sucks....mean when they are playing to people that don't care about them they are really sweet, but in concerts like those in 2001 and 2004 they suck while perfoming to a bunch of their fans...

and too bad their bad days are when they come here LOL

too bad!!

they are persons...i know...but professionals too i hope

"i'm sad now"

...tries to forget....
...tries to forget....
...tries to forget....
...tries to forget....

well..who the hell am i kidding?? after 9 years of deep love people get used to it LOLOL

Don't be sad. You've been less than an inch next to Dex and Noodles. I envy you.

I'm the one who's sad.

:(:)

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Don't be sad. You've been less than an inch next to Dex and Noodles. I envy you.

I'm the one who's sad.

:(:)

yyeaahh...that was good...

too bad it was for shuch a short time...

i wasn't expecting noodles to be so nice and dexter to be so "let me go! i wanna get out! DON'T YOU TOUCH ME!!" LOOOL :eek:

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 06:38 AM
in the other picture with tijs i think, he was so nice, so i found out something:

DEXTER LIKES GUYS

joking

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:42 AM
in the other picture with tijs i think, he was so nice, so i found out something:

DEXTER LIKES GUYS

joking

AHAHAHAH

i guess you are right!!

LOL it fits!!
it suits him!!

i totally agree!!

Ansem
06-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Site FAQ:
Where can I write to the band?
The Offspring
P.O. Box 3479
Huntington Beach, CA 926053479
U.S.A.

*please do not send items to be autographed, they cannot be returned

**new address as of April 6, 2005

Does the band read/respond to their fan mail?
All letters are read and the band tries to take a look whenever possible. Due to the volume of mail received, it is not feasible to respond to all mail but everything is kept in our archives.

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 06:47 AM
they read the BBS, it's easier this way, and here, more people can add their "voice" to mine, and together, maybe, we can make them think about this!.

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Site FAQ:
Where can I write to the band?
The Offspring
P.O. Box 3479
Huntington Beach, CA 926053479
U.S.A.

*please do not send items to be autographed, they cannot be returned

**new address as of April 6, 2005

Does the band read/respond to their fan mail?
All letters are read and the band tries to take a look whenever possible. Due to the volume of mail received, it is not feasible to respond to all mail but everything is kept in our archives.

erm...thanks dude....lol

ron you can now ask that to dexter

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 06:48 AM
erm...thanks dude....lol

ron you can now ask that to dexter

maybe i will, but i think that a thread here is needed too

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:49 AM
they read the BBS, it's easier this way, and here, more people can add their "voice" to mine, and together, maybe, we can make them think about this!.

they do not!!!

who told you that?

do you really think they will waste their time here at the bbs?..LOL...ermm...

they probably say that because looks cool :P

maybe they are one of us....

the truth is out there!!

RonWelty
06-12-2008, 06:50 AM
maybe i'm the REAL Ron Welty or Kurt Cobain.

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 06:52 AM
maybe i'm the REAL Ron Welty or Kurt Cobain.

huuuuuuuuum maybe who knows???

no one knows for sure...

maybe i'm dexter's dog, if he has any LOL

maybe i'm greg's fish, if he has any....

or perhaps i'm simply noodles' guitar

NO seriously....i'm no one!! LOL

brad_logan
06-12-2008, 07:23 AM

You must remember that Dexter came over the public in the end of Americana

i know the offspring liked their americana album, but i didn't realise they liked it in this way ;)

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 07:31 AM
i know the offspring liked their americana album, but i didn't realise they liked it in this way ;)

yeah lol

they get too excited about it

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 08:57 AM
WOW i just remember now....talking bout dexter and guys...

when i was at the RiR with offspring flag around my hip....(the flag has the band members (including ron lol)) there was this guy who screamed "I LOVE THIS GUY!!" scared me a lot lol then i turned around and look at him and he said again very loud "I LOVE THIS GUY!" while pointing at dexter in the flag..LOL

and i was....ok...good for you hunny LOL

and then the guy just left...

weird experience i wanted to share...

Manic Subsida
06-12-2008, 09:31 AM
WOW i just remember now....talking bout dexter and guys...

when i was at the RiR with offspring flag around my hip....(the flag has the band members (including ron lol)) there was this guy who screamed "I LOVE THIS GUY!!" scared me a lot lol then i turned around and look at him and he said again very loud "I LOVE THIS GUY!" while pointing at dexter in the flag..LOL

and i was....ok...good for you hunny LOL
and then the guy just left...
weird experience i wanted to share...
Heheh, okey LOL. Good experience lol.
..sorry. xD

Smash punker
06-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Just one question to Dex. Why did you give up braids? :D

Rutegard
06-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Just one question to Dex. Why did you give up braids? :D

i'm glad he did!!!

I WANT THE SPIKY HAIR BACK!!!!!

what the hell is he trying to do??WHAT?!

anyway....here is a photo i think it's very cool

very sexy he looks here

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Rutegard/e8dff473.jpg

don't you think? lol

Rutegard
06-14-2008, 11:15 AM
hum -:| probably not -:|

Conspiracyof1000
06-14-2008, 07:28 PM
It looks like he's trying to kill himself with the mic. What's not sexy about that?

code_blue
06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
i agree with RonWelty. shit, even the setlist for the paris show wasn't that great in my opinion. if they're playing a tiny show for the hardcore fans, play something we haven't heard a million times...

i was lucky enough to see them play a club show in toronto in 2003, and while it was awesome i wished they had changed the setlist around a bit more as well. but it was still fucking awesome all the same. :P (noodles even said hi to me from the stage <3).

Conspiracyof1000
06-15-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm just hoping that they come to Arizona. Maybe after the show they could stop by Rockin Pizza. After all, that pizza shop is full of Offspring stuff. :)
Pizza sucks there, though.

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 04:21 AM
It looks like he's trying to kill himself with the mic. What's not sexy about that?

AHAHAHAH

he is! LOL

didn't notice first time i saw it eheheh
coooool :P

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 04:24 AM

Or like starting his sword swallowing career.

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 04:25 AM
Hey Conspiracyof1000

remember this??

Dexter is also the only one who can physically beat the heat. The heat is dead where he lives 'cause he kicked its ass so many times.

Dexter isn't the best thing since sliced bread, he invented sliced bread.

Dexter once fought a T-rex, a pack of wolves, and Chuck Norris while swimming in a tank full of sharks and stingrays while his arms and legs were bound.
And he won.

GOOD TIMES!!

Camilamazed
06-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Poor him. Looks like he's constipated.

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Or like starting his sword swallowing career.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

in this case micro swallowing career eheh

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 08:25 AM

looks like he's about to sneeze ihih

Drafan
06-15-2008, 08:31 AM

Whats this word - constipated? Cannot found. And dont make fun of Dex, he will smash ya all! :D

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Whats this word - constipated? Cannot found. And dont make fun of Dex, he will smash ya all! :D

That's funny....so the meaning of this word is you want to go to the bathroom but you can't do your work there,briefly.

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 08:38 AM
ahahah
WAIT

i think whats happening here...

constipated in portuguese means having the flue lol but in english means something completly different....i think she wanted to say he had the flue..

right? lol

cause constipated in english mean some intestinal twisted thing LOL i don't think you were refering to that weren't you?

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 08:44 AM
ahahah
WAIT

i think whats happening here...

constipated in portuguese means having the flue lol but in english means something completly different....i think she wanted to say he had the flue..

right? lol

cause constipated in english mean some intestinal twisted thing LOL i don't think you were refering to that weren't you?

Yes I was refering to that,constipated in Hungarian means you have problems with your large intestine,it's the inverse thing of diarrhoea.

Drafan
06-15-2008, 08:44 AM
That's funny....so the meaning of this word is you want to go to the bathroom but you can't do your work there,briefly.

Thanks, Im always open to new words and knowledge. :D

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes I was refering to that,constipated in Hungarian means you have problems with your large intestine,it's the inverse thing of diarrhoea.

exactly but in portuguese means the flue...so...the girl who posted that was a portuguese :P

i guess she forgot about that eheh

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks, Im always open to new words and knowledge. :D

constipated - when someone cant poop lol

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 08:49 AM
constipated - when someone cant poop lol

Yeah I should started with that explanation,it' much more clear.

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah I should started with that explanation,it' much more clear.

lololol....

actually it is funny to see portugese people saying "well, i'm constipated today..." LOL while sneezing around LOL :P and the others looking at him/her like..."and why are you telling me this? i really don't wanna know..." LOLOL

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 08:56 AM
lololol....

actually it is funny to see portugese people saying "well, i'm constipated today..." LOL while sneezing around LOL :P and the others looking at him/her like..."and why are you telling me this? i really don't wanna know..." LOLOL

That thing made my day,now I have to explain myself to the rest of the family why I'm laughing like a hyena...

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 09:08 AM
That thing made my day,now I have to explain myself to the rest of the family why I'm laughing like a hyena...

lolol....yeah...sometimes my mum comes in the bedroom and i'm laughing and then she's like...why are you laughing at the computer...and then i have to explain that it is NOT to the computer i'm laughing....it's because of things i'm reading and seeing LOL...

sometimes they don't just get it...i just give up :P

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Back to the topic,is it just me,but on the picture I can't see any facial hair,I think it's just the shade.

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Back to the topic,is it just me,but on the picture I can't see any facial hair,I think it's just the shade.

yeah...

you have a point here!

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 09:18 AM

Whoops the shade thing,I wanted to post this to another thread....never mind

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Whoops the shade thing,I wanted to post this to another thread....never mind

looks like a shadow
weird one
let's hope it's a shadow hey?

actually this whole picture looks like he's a dummy

I FUCKING SEE A SHADOW!!!

LOL

seriously....don't you?

i tell you what...sometimes i paint myself in black in those places...when i'm reading the newspaper and my finger get all apinted in black and when i pass trough my face it gets all painted LOL soo who knows?

it does not look like a beard!

Capricorn4
06-15-2008, 09:31 AM
looks like a shadow
weird one
let's hope it's a shadow hey?

actually this whole picture looks like he's a dummy

I FUCKING SEE A SHADOW!!!

LOL

seriously....don't you?

i tell you what...sometimes i paint myself in black in those places...when i'm reading the newspaper and my finger get all apinted in black and when i pass trough my face it gets all painted LOL soo who knows?

it does not look like a beard!

Definitely it's not a beard or I'm blind.

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Definitely it's not a beard or I'm blind.

well it is something....but a beard? come on!!

dexter has not reach puberty yet!! everyone knows that!

i'm glad you are with me Capricorn :D

Conspiracyof1000
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Here's a small section of the pic from the thread about Dexter's sunglasses; the pic where you could see up his nose.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=16&pictureid=428
Indisputable proof that he has (or is growing/shaving) a beard! In yo face! :D

Rutegard
06-15-2008, 03:05 PM
so he finally reached puberty!!

DAMN!!

lol

:P

it is beard!! for sure!!

WEIRD LOL

Manic Subsida
06-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Doh, you guys are hopeless... xD

OffspringHead
06-15-2008, 05:55 PM
I think that after this RFRG, The Offspring should go on a strictly Ignition, Smash, Americana and Ixnay tour. That would fucking make my life.

Rutegard
06-16-2008, 02:40 AM
I think that after this RFRG, The Offspring should go on a strictly Ignition, Smash, Americana and Ixnay tour. That would fucking make my life.

why?

you r not into Rise and fall huh?

weird, it's one of my fav albums...

but YEAH

i'd give up rise anf fall tour to see them live with old songs :D

oh yeah:D

Manic Subsida
06-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Both old and new songs. GREAT!

Rutegard
06-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Both old and new songs. GREAT!