PDA

View Full Version : Offsring Are Under-rated

oh_strange_one
06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Who Agrees They Are Amazing But I Think They Are Totally Under-rated Or At Least They Are Here In The Uk?!?!?

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
THEY TOTALLY ARE
in Canada at least

Unnatural Disaster
06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Who the hell is Offsring??

The Offspring are underrated when it comes to some of the other bands that get all the airplay though.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I think that a "big" fan of AC/DC, Pennywise or every other band you can name thinks the same about their favourite band...

oh_strange_one
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
lol at me soz about the title im a retard and my keyboard playing up i did mean the offspring and not some unknown groupie tribute act lol soz people

holland25
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Who the hell is Offsring??

They did that Basket Case thing, didn't they?

Ninty Man
06-11-2008, 09:59 AM
I think that a "big" fan of AC/DC, Pennywise or every other band you can name thinks the same about their favourite band...

Bah, a fan from AC/DC saying that is an asshole... they are not overrated indeed, they are legends

Drums beating in my Heart
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Call someone else an asshole would ya??
(yes owkay AC/DC is a bad example, but I know just 1 person of my age who also loves AC/DC...)

maplejet
06-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Well, right now, they are. When everyone looks at punk rock these days, they all look at Green Day. Truth is though, The Offspring has been if anything just as successful as Green Day, two mega-hit albums (GD had Dookie/AI, Offspring had Smash/Americana). And right now, when people talk about any sort of punk (whether it be punk rock, pop punk, or punk-influenced bands), they keep advertising the generic pop punk copies rather than The Offspring, who've been veterans for a while.

Ninty Man
06-11-2008, 11:37 AM
(yes owkay AC/DC is a bad example, but I know just 1 person of my age who also loves AC/DC...)

Well... I love AC/DC... I mean... is that bad??? Ah, the example of pennywise..MMM I really like them... But they don't make anything WOW... I guess

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
So The Offspring is underrated and Green Day is overrated? Is that the point?
Off course The Offs are better than Green Day but can't we just end this whole TO/GD fight? It makes The Offspring fans sound a bit like douchebags who can't appreciate anything else but The Offspring.

oh_strange_one
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
So The Offspring is underrated and Green Day is overrated? Is that the point?
Off course The Offs are better than Green Day but can't we just end this whole TO/GD fight? It makes The Offspring fans sound a bit like douchebags who can't appreciate anything else but The Offspring.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH BITCHY LOL GET UR POINT THOUGH THERE WOULD BE NOTHING TO FIGHT OVER AND WE NEED THAT LOL STILL THINK OFFSPRING ARE UNDER-RATED THOUGH

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Did I mention I love you, oh_strange_one? If you're gonna be banned sometime, I'll make public protests... :p

SaiKYoU
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM

then you don't knowmany people in this freaking world, cuz ACDC is still a huge band...

and yah,they're underrated but who cares?? they are gods and if someone doesnt see that then he's a narrow minded person who surely enjoys watching american idol...

oh_strange_one
06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
lol at dff_punk i'll remember that when i get banned, i'll be relying on you so you best back me up lol

oh_strange_one
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
then you don't knowmany people in this freaking world, cuz ACDC is still a huge band...

and yah,they're underrated but who cares?? they are gods and if someone doesnt see that then he's a narrow minded person who surely enjoys watching american idol...

i agree but in uk it makes it so damn hard to get their cds im awaiting my order of the new album but the damn company i getting it off keep fucking my order up its well upsetting

Rooster
06-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Well, right now, they are. When everyone looks at punk rock these days, they all look at Green Day. Truth is though, The Offspring has been if anything just as successful as Green Day, two mega-hit albums (GD had Dookie/AI, Offspring had Smash/Americana). And right now, when people talk about any sort of punk (whether it be punk rock, pop punk, or punk-influenced bands), they keep advertising the generic pop punk copies rather than The Offspring, who've been veterans for a while.

You're right, maybe they really are a bit underrated. But hey, that way we know, that The Offspring are listened by the real fans who like their music, and not by some n00basses who would like them only because they would think that they are cool if they like the band.

Jack-UK
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I agree, they're definately underrated.

Thats why i think this album will do well for them, because its different.

It seems to me that a lot of the critical reviews are written by people who are fans of their OLDER stuff, theres a lot of comparisons to the older albums and people saying "oh its not like smash..." or whatever. So i think this will hopefully improve their ratings in other 'crowds', but i think that a small minority of 'hardcore' fans may not be that satisfied with that album, especially as a lot of the hype before the album was focusing on Hammerhead, the Trust In You riff and such, which were pretty old school, punkish tracks.

Nemesis881
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
punk music in general is underrated...
i know their new album isn't tru punx :rolleyes: but it does have a good radio feel with a punk edge.

Selfesteem_
06-11-2008, 05:05 PM
highly under rated in Australia, I dont get it though, when they tour here they pull massive crowds in all cities, but Ive never actually met another offspring fan outside of their gigs.

bouncingcoles
06-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Offspring are underrated.....thats my story