PDA

View Full Version : new album is prowar

truth
06-11-2008, 11:20 AM
I was always a fan offspring but the lyrics of ur new albums suck!
how did u become so pro shit war?
because of 911?
terrists are bad i agree but do u know what in iraq 60 000 kids died and they werent fucking terrorists.
654.965 people got killed in the iraq war = 2.5 % of the people there!!!
u terrorize them and then they might get pissed if u slave them and their country...
the kids there will grow up and hate america if u treat them so respectless
WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER!

REMEMBER your old values and records.... against war...
how much did u get paid to sing this shit texts?

a fan of ur old CDs

Unnatural Disaster
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
If you would actually read the lyrics to the songs, you would know that Hammerhead is an anti-war song.....

randman21
06-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I lol'd.

Count Orlok
06-11-2008, 11:22 AM
where are the lyrics pro war?´
I think the lyrics are more government critical than Splinter´s.

Count Orlok
06-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I don´t really like it when users register just to make their first and often only post a flaming effort without knowing what tey´re talking about!:mad:

Unnatural Disaster
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
If you do come back, here is the proof:

And you can all hide behind your desks now
And you can cry, ‘teacher come help me!’
Through you all
My aim is true

This is comparing the recklessness of war with the insanity of school shooters

Thomas
06-11-2008, 11:28 AM
uhhh.... I'm pretty sure 60,000 kids weren't killed in Iraq.

Indii
06-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Ridiculous. Next thing that comes up is that the album is pro child-molestation... Dammit, can't people just use their brains before flooding the internet with stuff like this. Well, shit is fucked up, I guess.

T_immortal
06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Ridiculous. Next thing that comes up is that the album is pro child-molestation... Dammit, can't people just use their brains before flooding the internet with stuff like this. Well, shit is fucked up, I guess.

Or that he "dont know too much" :) I'm sorry I had to lol

maplejet
06-11-2008, 11:40 AM
WTH? Hammerhead is supposed to describe the nasty world of school shootings from the view of the shooter. I doubt there was any political references in the song.

truth
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I am the one
Camouflage and guns
Risk my life
To keep my people from harm

Authority
Vested in me
I sacrifice
With my brothers in arms

Through this doorway
What’s on the other side
Never knowing
Exactly what I’ll find
Locked and loaded
Voices screaming
Let’s go!
Come on do it!
Here we go

that phrase is like the common scene in iraq...? anybody express me how that is not pro war?

the last line may compare to the school shootings but that is so not obviouss

Through you all
My aim is true

Marco
06-11-2008, 11:50 AM
new member is probullshit

hshduppsnt
06-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Dude if your'e going to quote a song you can't quote half of it... edit: my mistake you did show the end just not bold, and said its not obvious... well regardless of whats obvious and whats not, the tone of the song changes there, the lyrics change there, if you didn't pick up on it I dunno what to say

listen to any of their interviews (for example KROQ weenie roast) or read the Full song...

the whole point is you start off thinking this is a hero type of person and the whole point is the song twists at the end to realize this is one messed up sob.

If you don't buy that, watch the god damned music video too...

though I will say this, unlike most trolls at least you came back to try and defend your baseless opinion. Now to make you realize thats exactly what it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObaAztJEX8

ThunderPX
06-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I am the one
Camouflage and guns
Risk my life

Authority
Vested in me
I sacrifice
With my brothers in arms

Through this doorway
What’s on the other side
Never knowing
Exactly what I’ll find
Locked and loaded
Voices screaming
Let’s go!
Come on do it!
Here we go

that phrase is like the common scene in iraq...? anybody express me how that is not pro war?

Through you all
My aim is true

Maybe it's just not obvious to you, because you're a moron?

medi01
06-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I am the one
Camouflage and guns
Risk my life

Authority
Vested in me
I sacrifice
With my brothers in arms

Through this doorway
What’s on the other side
Never knowing
Exactly what I’ll find
Locked and loaded
Voices screaming
Let’s go!
Come on do it!
Here we go

Through you all
My aim is true

DOUCHE DOUCHE DOUCHE DOUCHE DOUCHE!!!

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=springishereagainkk2.jpg

dumbass mcgee

no what ur on about b4 opening ur trap

Rooster
06-11-2008, 11:58 AM
because of 911?
terrists are bad i agree but do u know what in iraq 60 000 kids died and they werent fucking terrorists.
u terrorize them and then they might get pissed if u slave them and their country...
WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER!

a fan of ur old CDs

WTF?!?!?:eek:

ROTFLOLMFAO:D:D

Keep it going, dude, i'm farting my ass of from all that laughing

The Search Button
06-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Thinking is over rated...

offspringer24
06-11-2008, 12:02 PM
EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME! i thought hammerhead was sang through the eyes of a soldier at war? i don't think it's either pro/anti war. i think it leaves people to make their own minds up like everybody should.

anyways, i just learn the words to sing along with them live! their point of view is their point of view, i will never take on a bands thoughts on politics (which i don't think the offspring push anyway) seriously anyways as most the time its pure publicity (greenday!) :D

ad8
06-11-2008, 12:06 PM

Through you all
My aim is true
Ask the band. And don't even listen to Beheaded or other stuff from S/T or Ignition. You should rather listen to Disclaimer. Protect your family. Do not try this at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don't listen to it/ read it.

Jesus
06-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Yup. Thousands of Iraqis die every month in Iraq as a result of the war. This phrase is like common sense in Iraq. Says nothing about pro or anti-war. Some people might think it's worth it, I don't.

Anyway that part you posted is about self delusion, thinking he's doing everything for the greater good while he's just an ordinary school shooter. That self delusion part goes generally for every war or act of violence (every country/person tends to think that they are doing things for the better) . Whether it's justified depends on other things (there the actual argument has to come). It's about ordinary school shootings here, therefor not justified. In other circumstances it might be.

Anyway I'm awake 36 hours and hopefully still making more sense than you.

Rooster
06-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Yup. Thousands of Iraqis die every month in Iraq. This phrase is like common sense in Iraq. Says nothing about pro or anti-war. Some people might think it's worth it, I don't.

Anyway that part you posted is about self delusion, thinking he's doing everything for the greater good while he's just an ordinary school shooter. That self delusion part goes generally for every war or act of violence (every country/person tends to think that they are doing things for the better) . Whether it's justified depends on other things (there the actual argument has to come). It's about ordinary school shootings here, therefor not justified. In other circumstances it might be.

Anyway I'm awake 36 hours and hopefully still making more sense than you.

The words of wisdom right here!

Conclusion: The Offspring is NOT pro-war

Peace

leo3375
06-11-2008, 12:19 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/aeccard1/wambulance.jpg

Rooster
06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh, no, The Offspring want to slaughter all pigs! You can see pigs in their pro-war Hammerhead video!

I'm not gonna listen to them any more, i will like only their non pig-hating old CDs.

Cruel bastards:D

MOTO13
06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
To the OP...You sir, are a moron. How are things on planet Stupid?

keonii7
06-11-2008, 12:43 PM
MANY OF THE OFFSPRING'S SONG LYRICS ARE SARCASTIC.

Like Cool to Hate. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HATE EVERYTHING.

So like this song, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL GUNG-HO ABOUT WAR.

It's ANTI-FIGHTING and ANTI-CONFLICT.

Forget about your 2 posts and read these capital letters.

BuckyO'Hare
06-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Why do you even bother? :confused:

jacknife737
06-11-2008, 12:49 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/jacknife737/trolll-1.jpg

Rooster
06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
^^

LMAO

This thread is so funny:D:D:D

IamSam
06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Haha...seeing that the entire album is a cry out to shitty American society and our war mongering...I don't think so!

Drafan
06-11-2008, 01:19 PM
No need to react to such vomits. Ignore.

Unnatural Disaster
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
I am the one
Camouflage and guns
Risk my life

Authority
Vested in me
I sacrifice
With my brothers in arms

Through this doorway
What’s on the other side
Never knowing
Exactly what I’ll find
Locked and loaded
Voices screaming
Let’s go!
Come on do it!
Here we go

You just don't get it, do you? The song starts out as if it is the eyes of a soldier, then switches to the eyes of a school shooter. The point is for you to realize how close the two are in comparison. It is VERY anti-war.

Xyrin
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
So, basically you're saying, "I HATE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR OPINIONS!"

Lol'ler

Amiralanal
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Im going to end this rediculous thread by posting the classic:

Fuck you get the fuck outta here!

Rooster
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
You just don't get it, do you? The song starts out as if it is the eyes of a soldier, then switches to the eyes of a school shooter. The point is for you to realize how close the two are in comparison. It is VERY anti-war.

Or maybe the song is about the school shooter from the beginning, it just looks like that shooter sees himself as a soldier and tries to justify his actions that way (it's just the way it goes), although he knows he's wrong.

Anyway, it certainly is ANTI-WAR

Rooster
06-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Im going to end this rediculous thread by posting the classic:

Fuck you get the fuck outta here!

AMEN TO THAT

Delete this thread, please, or rename it "A thread for those who want to piss themselves laughing" and move it somewhere else.

Peace

IamSam
06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=springishereagainkk2.jpg

Read this and then pipe down. Also, read the lyrics for 'Stuff is Messed Up' and 'Let's Hear it For Rock Bottom' and they will show the band is not pro war.

Lord_Gabo
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
in this days after release of songs i believe only in one thing... there's a conspiracy of one against OFfspring!

Rooster
06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
in this days after release of songs i believe only in one thing... there's a conspiracy of one against OFfspring!

Man, we should report this to Michael Moore, he would record Bowling for The Offspring:D

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 03:13 PM
because of 911?
WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER!

a fan of ur old CDs

Wow...what the fuck?
Are you retarded?

Amiralanal
06-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Wow...what the fuck?
Are you retarded?

I agree. This guy must be the stupidest fucking retard who ever walked this earth.

brian.offspring
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
oh God . . you're soo wrong . . .

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I first thought the name of the thread was "new album is power"... please, change it to that.

Rooster
06-11-2008, 04:44 PM
No, i think we should rename this thread into "He just got PWNED!"

Selfesteem_
06-11-2008, 04:48 PM
because of 911?
WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER!

a fan of ur old CDs

What part of the fucking world are you from? ill put in a request for the lyrics to be translated into your language so that you can understand a little better. If that doesnt work, we'll publish a "Dummies guide to lyrics"

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 04:48 PM
His username is truth... so... "truth just got PWNED".. sounds funny too:)

Camilamazed
06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
This was worse than my first post here ever when I asked people if Dexter was alone in his "Solo" flight around the world.:rolleyes:

Rooster
06-11-2008, 05:10 PM
we'll publish a "Dummies guide to lyrics"

I'll write that guide when i'm drunk enough :D

and "Truth just got PWNED" sounds great :D

Rooster
06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
I made a picture when Ashton Kutcher is saying "You just got PWNED", but i don't know how to upload it

truth
06-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I made a picture when Ashton Kutcher is saying "You just got PWNED", but i don't know how to upload it

in that 70s show he always says BURNED.

but I would not call my self BURNED I WOULD CALL IT I JUST LEARNED!

I really jumped to quick to a conclusion I was assured about!
But in my defense I did not watch the music video and I am not from America. In my small country people dont get shot in school. ...and I hope it wont happen.
I think thats a really sad and crazy "new attitude" of not loved maby sometimes abused confused kidz.
...and what important is that "the computer playing person", plays the soldier which fights in a war "for the good, for the right"
...and I dont really belive that everybody will understand that connection. :confused:

the last lines
Through you all
My aim is true
could also be interpretated as FUCK U smart people join the war the right thing to do. I bet this will become one of the most favourite songs for Iraq war soldiers.

thanks for the people who enlightened me.

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
What part of the fucking world are you from? ill put in a request for the lyrics to be translated into your language so that you can understand a little better. If that doesnt work, we'll publish a "Dummies guide to lyrics"

Yeah, perhaps animal language. Or, if that is too sophisticated, we can explain it to him in images.

bouncingcoles
06-11-2008, 06:21 PM
because of 911?
WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER!

a fan of ur old CDs

why dont you actually read the lyrics and use your brain

truth
06-11-2008, 06:45 PM
in that 70s show he always says BURNED.

but I would not call my self BURNED I WOULD CALL IT I JUST LEARNED!

I really jumped to quick to a conclusion I was assured about!
But in my defense I did not watch the music video and I am not from America. In my small country people dont get shot in school. ...and I hope it wont happen.
I think thats a really sad and crazy "new attitude" of not loved maby sometimes abused confused kidz.
...and what important is that "the computer playing person", plays the soldier which fights in a war "for the good, for the right"
...and I dont really belive that everybody will understand that connection. :confused:

the last lines
Through you all
My aim is true
could also be interpretated as FUCK U smart people join the war the right thing to do. I bet this will become one of the most favourite songs for Iraq war soldiers.

thanks for the people who enlightened me.

as I said if u dont know the background or see the video (with lots of imagination)
it seems to be very pro war...
this picture also does not make much sense if u would not know that i train my panda to become formula 1 driver http://mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/picture-makes-more-sense.jpg

Bipolar Bear
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
as I said if u dont know the background or see the video (with lots of imagination)
this picture also does not make much sense if u would not know that i train my panda to become formula 1 driver http://mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/picture-makes-more-sense.jpg

HAHA that's fucking cool where did you find that shit

Selfesteem_
06-11-2008, 07:03 PM

got any pictures of your panda attacking you? now thats entertainment.

TheOldMark
06-11-2008, 07:25 PM
people like you shouldn't be allowed out of their cages. the new album has several anti-war messages. where the hell do you see otherwise? learn to spell and speak proper english if you're going to slam an american band without any references/sources.

truth
06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
people like you shouldn't be allowed out of their cages. the new album has several anti-war messages. where the hell do you see otherwise? learn to spell and speak proper english if you're going to slam an american band without any references/sources.

i bet i can speak better english than u any other language
read the whole thread then u should find my apology/defnense

brad_logan
06-11-2008, 07:54 PM
actually even though the band did intend for the song to be 'anti-war', i think everybody who called the person an idiot/flamer etc, should be less hasty in future.

firstly upon first listen the song does sound very pro-war, and the explanation of the conclusion he gives in his later post also stands up.

secondly he is right when he says amongst soldiers this will be one of the favourite songs. partially like how dido's 'white flag' became anthemic for white supremacists; Dido, of course, had no intention of this, but they adopted the song for themselves.

thirdly, using Roland Barthes work on 'The Death of the Author', it doesn't matter what the author (in this case the Offspring of course) intended, it is the 'birth of the reader' which is of greater importance. This is how the person interprets the song for themselves.

Taking a view of the text (song in this case) in which the meaning is signified by the author solely, can strongly limit creativity, and also suffocate new interpretations. Part of the beauty of poetry/lyrics are ways in which people can use them to mean certain things to themselves. By deciding what the author wants is the true definition, in itself, this manifests a prejudice between interpretations, because a radical new idea about a text (Hammerhead) may never come into fruition because of existing generalisations held as unassailable truth (which is clear to see from the response provided by you lot).

It is by often challenging the role of the author in defining the meaning that revolutionary ideas come about; it is as if challenging god, challenging logic etc.

Personally, i'm don't fully (or even largely) agree with Roland Barthes deductions, and maybe you don't either. However it's not very intelligent to call the Opening Poster 'stupid' for not 'understanding' it in the same way you did. The OP just seemed dissapointed at a surprising new political direction the Offspring appeared, in his eyes, to be taking. I know I certainly would have been perturbed and dismayed should i have found out the Offspring supported the war (obviously they didnt).

Furthermore, if you want you can read the whole of Roland Barthes 'Death of the Author' text online; just type it into google and you'll find it pretty easily. i would link it but i dont know if this board allows external links and i can't be bothered to find it and then be dissapointed if it does not.

edit:

i bet i can speak better english than u any other language

and by the way this is almost definitely true. I find that people who speak English as a first language tend to be fucking lazy, criticising others for their poor English, when they could hardly count to ten in another language. (Obviously im generalising; OF COURSE some natural english speakers are bi-lingual and can speak one or more languages)

As somebody who does not speak English in your native country, it's not a bad effort.

Selfesteem_
06-11-2008, 10:53 PM
and by the way this is almost definitely true. I find that people who speak English as a first language tend to be fucking lazy, criticising others for their poor English, when they could hardly count to ten in another language. (Obviously im generalising; OF COURSE some natural english speakers are bi-lingual and can speak one or more languages)

As somebody who does not speak English in your native country, it's not a bad effort.

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, however, it is due to the lack of understanding for the english language that this bloke has gone on a rampage with regards to the non-existant pro war message in the new album.

Maybe he should have taken some time out to analyse it a little closely with an english dictionary and if necessary ask someone with more knowlege and understanding of our language to help him out.

Im sure if that had happened it would have save a lot of hassle for him in all the shit he has copped in this thread.

Budzy
06-12-2008, 12:34 AM
i dont see how its pro war
and even if you didnt hear the end bit of hammerhead.
its not prowar, its actually bagging the soldiers- "oh im just doing wat im told"
so even if u didnt no the teacher bit. how u could say pro-war.
not saying their bagging sooldeirs. just saying where u came up with that from.

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 01:44 AM
yeah...pro-war and racists!! and sexists!! aaaannnddd murders too LOL

that band should be arrested ya know??

poor dex....no one really understands him...must suck!

well...actually...that explains a lot....hhuuuuummmm....

Free?
06-12-2008, 02:14 AM
it's already enough told. just leave this thread to sink already

truth
06-12-2008, 10:50 AM
actually even though the band did intend for the song to be 'anti-war', i think everybody who called the person an idiot/flamer etc, should be less hasty in future.

firstly upon first listen the song does sound very pro-war, and the explanation of the conclusion he gives in his later post also stands up.

secondly he is right when he says amongst soldiers this will be one of the favourite songs. partially like how dido's 'white flag' became anthemic for white supremacists; Dido, of course, had no intention of this, but they adopted the song for themselves.

thirdly, using Roland Barthes work on 'The Death of the Author', it doesn't matter what the author (in this case the Offspring of course) intended, it is the 'birth of the reader' which is of greater importance. This is how the person interprets the song for themselves.

Taking a view of the text (song in this case) in which the meaning is signified by the author solely, can strongly limit creativity, and also suffocate new interpretations. Part of the beauty of poetry/lyrics are ways in which people can use them to mean certain things to themselves. By deciding what the author wants is the true definition, in itself, this manifests a prejudice between interpretations, because a radical new idea about a text (Hammerhead) may never come into fruition because of existing generalisations held as unassailable truth (which is clear to see from the response provided by you lot).

It is by often challenging the role of the author in defining the meaning that revolutionary ideas come about; it is as if challenging god, challenging logic etc.

Personally, i'm don't fully (or even largely) agree with Roland Barthes deductions, and maybe you don't either. However it's not very intelligent to call the Opening Poster 'stupid' for not 'understanding' it in the same way you did. The OP just seemed dissapointed at a surprising new political direction the Offspring appeared, in his eyes, to be taking. I know I certainly would have been perturbed and dismayed should i have found out the Offspring supported the war (obviously they didnt).

Furthermore, if you want you can read the whole of Roland Barthes 'Death of the Author' text online; just type it into google and you'll find it pretty easily. i would link it but i dont know if this board allows external links and i can't be bothered to find it and then be dissapointed if it does not.

edit:

wow there are acctually people here who do not just write dumb answers.
as u can see I explained the reason why i thought it was pro war...
thanks brad logan for acctually reading the discussion in the thread before posting... i think nobody could explain or express my opinion in words better than u...
greez truth

EMehl6
06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Wow. The person who started this thread is a moron. But anyway, proof the Offspring are not pro-war:

-Listen to Noodles talk about Bush and the war. I present, as exhibit A, Noodles and his t-shirt:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KJ5AR03FL._AA280_.jpg

-They had a song on the "Rock Against Bush" compilation that was put out on Fat Wreck. Exhibit B (http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=11054).

Finally, read lyrics of the other songs on the new album, and their other albums. A lot of them seem to have a lot of political undertones, if they're not just out-right political, and none of them seem to be pro-war. Example: "Takes Me Nowhere"; read that, 'cause it seems to me it's written about Bush, and definately not in a positive light.

In conclusion, the person that started this thread, and anyone who things the Offspring are pro-war, or pro-Bush, are clearly retarded.

Rooster
06-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Well, i guess that after all brad_logan is right. Truth was just mistaken about something, we should just explain the matter to him. I apologise for laughing at you, truth. I'll try to be nicer in future.

And since nobody said that before me, welcome to the forum. Now since the matter was cleared, let's leave this thread alone.

Peace

F@ BANKZ
06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Serious lol.

Dan Ta Life
06-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I think alot of you guys take Offsprings lyrics too literally. Offspring aren't a political band and have very few (if any) political songs. They typically write about social issues. The few times they do have any sort of political undertone, it is more of an insight into a persons head rather than flat out stating their opinion (Tehran, Im not the one, CO1). Dexter likes to write his songs in a really ambiguous way and it;s really up the to listener to interprete it how they want or how they relate to it. I noticed alot of posters think that the album has anti-war lyrics, but to me most of the songs seem to focus around depression and drug abuse. So there isn't really any clear cut definition of what the songs are about. I definately makes for a better record. As for Hammerhead, I think its about a school shooter and is not political at all. I think the OP just cant see the symbolism and the subtle Columbine referances in it. I remember when people thought that Hammerhead was a christian song (dumbasses!). Another issue i have with the OP is that he seemed to bash on our soldiers in a previous post. Well i have serveral friends serving in Iraq and Afghanastan right now and i'm sure they will be very excited to hear the new album when they get back. Is it because Hammerhead will give them a hard-on? No! Its because Offspring is a great band with amazing thought provoking lyrics (which is hard to find in punk rock today). As for the band themselves, they seem to be left-wing. Not everyone is going to agree with them, but in the USA we are allowed to have differant opinions.

For the record, I'm a republican and a Bush supporter. I have been an Offspring fan since '96, and I would still listen to them regardless of their personal politics.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
I think alot of you guys take Offsprings lyrics too literally. Offspring aren't a political band and have very few (if any) political songs. They typically write about social issues. The few times they do have any sort of political undertone, it is more of an insight into a persons head rather than flat out stating their opinion (Tehran, Im not the one, CO1). Dexter likes to write his songs in a really ambiguous way and it;s really up the to listener to interprete it how they want or how they relate to it. I noticed alot of posters think that the album has anti-war lyrics, but to me most of the songs seem to focus around depression and drug abuse. So there isn't really any clear cut definition of what the songs are about. I definately makes for a better record. As for Hammerhead, I think its about a school shooter and is not political at all. I think the OP just cant see the symbolism and the subtle Columbine referances in it. I remember when people thought that Hammerhead was a christian song (dumbasses!). Another issue i have with the OP is that he seemed to bash on our soldiers in a previous post. Well i have serveral friends serving in Iraq and Afghanastan right now and i'm sure they will be very excited to hear the new album when they get back. Is it because Hammerhead will give them a hard-on? No! Its because Offspring is a great band with amazing thought provoking lyrics (which is hard to find in punk rock today). As for the band themselves, they seem to be left-wing. Not everyone is going to agree with them, but in the USA we are allowed to have differant opinions.

For the record, I'm a republican and a Bush supporter. I have been an Offspring fan since '96, and I would still listen to them regardless of their personal politics.

Well put, sir. Well put.

Amiralanal
06-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Here here!

IamSam
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM

I <3 you. Very much.

truth
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Well, i guess that after all brad_logan is right. Truth was just mistaken about something, we should just explain the matter to him. I apologise for laughing at you, truth. I'll try to be nicer in future.

And since nobody said that before me, welcome to the forum. Now since the matter was cleared, let's leave this thread alone.

Peace

thanks i appreciate your apology
peace truth

ya i think we all got the point could some admin close the thread?