PDA

View Full Version : O.C Life (Bonus Track)

Evilwoo
06-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Can i just say, that in my humble opinion, this bonus tack is clearly the best track on the new album even tho i am aware it is a cover :p

SaiKYoU
06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I.M.O. noodles performance in that track is the greatest ot the album tied with "trust in you"...

HeadAroundU
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Well, that's because you are either tru punx or you have a shitty stream rip of the album.

Cock Joke
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Clearly, the best track is Stuff Is Messed Up! Half-Truism cums in second.

Angelo
06-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I find it unbelievable that someone would say this track is better than mediocre, let alone the best track on the album. I think it sucks, personally. I really do. It simply doesn't appeal to me at all.

Just my opinion... Well aware that it's not worth much to anyone but myself.

Edit: Total Immortal is about the only cover song they do that I think is worthy of being on an actual Offspring album. (Maybe Smash it Up, but even then...) I simply don't like Dexter's choice in songs that he covers. I do realize though that he's a fan of those songs/bands, and I can appreciate that for what it is. However, he's a far superior song writer than ANY of the artists he's covered, so I'd rather hear his stuff. :)

Evilwoo
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
its not over produced and its not over complicated. its more raw and less cheese if that makes sense.

Angelo
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
its not over produced and its not over complicated. its more raw and less cheese if that makes sense.

Hey man, you like it for whatever reasons, and that's cool. :)

It's just not for me, at all. Melodically I find it lacking. Musically I think it's cool, in ways, but that could be because of the "Offspring's sound."

HeadAroundU
06-11-2008, 01:55 PM
In this case you are tru punx. :d Pennywise avatar is another proof. :)

You should broaden your musical tastes. :)

Evilwoo
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
You should broaden your musical tastes. :)

True, im gonna go out 2moro an buy some madonna cd's.

Angelo
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
True, im gonna go out 2moro an buy some madonna cd's.

I think you mean Timbaland.

Unnatural Disaster
06-11-2008, 02:47 PM
I've only listened to it once. IMO, the guitar at the beginning is in a very strange timing. I don't know what the original sounds like, probably very similar, but it is definitely not their best cover. I like Next To You way better than OC Life. I guess this is because I am not a big fan of real old-school punk.

EDIT: Totalimmortal is the Offspring's best cover.

HeadAroundU
06-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, that timing at the beginning bugs me as well.

The Search Button
06-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah, that timing at the beginning bugs me as well.

I kinda agree with that too.

On other news, I love the cutting guitar by the end of the song.

IamSam
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM
I like the track...although...does anyone hear the same melody as is in Smash it Up?

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
It's a good mosh-pit song. Cannot compare to the album since I haven't heard 3/4 of it. What's with this tru-punx anyway?