PDA

View Full Version : Stuff is Messed Up should have been the first single!

commonrider5447
06-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Im sure a similar thread had been made, but whatever, man that woulda made a great really popular first single and its SO Offspring.... this album is so amazing, possibly their best and Im afraid it wont be as successful as it deserves since hammerhead doesnt have wide spread appeal...oh well, fricken amazing CD tho, GREAT JOB OFFSPRING!!!! this is the album i have been waiting for. If Kristy is the second single it should do great.

jacknife737
06-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, apparently Hammerhead was their highest charting debut, ever. So I think that it has worked out for them so far. Plus when it comes to singles, most bands/labels plan for the second single to be the “big one”. Glad you liked the album though.

Ryder1234
06-11-2008, 05:45 PM
i kinda wish it wasnt, though, because as noodles said in the Self Esteem commentary on CMVC, you get tired of whatever song your working on (the single, and im getting kinda tired of Hammerhead now, its such a good song, but its getting annoying. i still get exited when i hear it on the radio

brian.offspring
06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
i think You're Gonna Go Far, Kid would be more popular, but i'd like Trust In You to be the next single . .

bouncingcoles
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
i think a lot like me would be a great single, or half truism. not stuff is messed up cause it would be edited on the chorus for the shit is fucked up part and that would suck.

Tonza
06-12-2008, 03:29 AM
I think that even the name of Stuff Is Messed Up is censored :P I'm sure they wanted it to be "Shit Is Fucked Up" but label or someone didn't want it to be so

loydna
06-12-2008, 03:43 AM
i think You're Gonna Go Far, Kid would be more popular, but i'd like Trust In You to be the next single . .

I believe the same. While Hammerhead isn't my favourite on the CD, I can understand why it's a huge hit. The lyrics are amazing, and the way the layout of the song is makes it a great hit. Not as amazing as the other songs on the CD--as I've stated my issues with You're Gonna Go Far, Kid (I dislike it, but like it at the same time) I think it can be a hit, I can see Trust in You being the next big hit.

Also--I could also see "A Lot Like Me" being a huge single--I love that song greatly.

skoko
06-12-2008, 04:09 AM
i think that you gonna go far kid should be the next single. itīs a cathy song which could be a summer-hit and do well in the radio. the third single should be one of the softer songs, kristy, a lot like me or fix you - to show the world that they can do "different" music. i would prefer a lot like me because itīs a so powerful song. in my opinion stuff is messed up would be the perfect fourth single. single number four mostly get not so much airplay, but this is a song which most "true offspring fans" will love so it could be a "gift" to us and perhaps will get at least a little airplay :D

effreyj
06-12-2008, 05:17 AM
I don't agree that Trust in You would be a good single. It's too typical of an Offspring song. They need one of the more "Interesting" tracks from the album like Stuff is Messed Up or one of the Ballads.

dff_punk
06-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I can imagine "Kristy" rotating in the radios non-stop:rolleyes:

Devidence
06-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Stuff is messed up would be a terrible single.

And honestly, I don't think Kristy would stay around that long either. But maybe that's just me. Hammerhead has done so well, why not drop Half Truism or something?

keonii7
06-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Hammerhead definitely has MORE wide appeal, especially to people who aren't offspring because it doesn't have explicit lyrics and it's just more radio friendly in a lot of ways,

Stuff Is Messed Up is an awesome song, but my mom would not appreciate it being played on the radio.
She might not mind Hammerhead.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-12-2008, 09:11 AM
I love Stuff Is Messed Up, but my mam doesn't like me singing it all day(It's not because I can't say, it's the shit and fuck thing)

I believe You're Gonna Go Far, Kid would be a great single...

F@ BANKZ
06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I believe Hammerhead was the right choice, definitely.

Devidence
06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Except... I can't imagine just finding that song on the album, had they released something else first. Would've blown my damn mind. I think my initial opinion would've been higher if Half-Truism and Hammerhead were not already out.