PDA

View Full Version : RAFRAG Song Meanings

Tonza
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
OK, I always suck on these...
Tell me what you think these songs are about?

Here's what I think, as I said, I usually don't really get these things so I'm just guessing:

1. Half-Truism: Iraq war? Against it.
2. Trust in You: About being trustful and worthy enough for someone.
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid: Someone gets successfull with life by being abrupt for others.
4. Hammerhead: This one's been discussed so much, about school shootings or alternatively Iraq war.
5. A Lot Like Me: ??, I understand the "atmosphere" but I really can't build up the reason for this song.
6. Takes Me Nowhere: About going really fast in life but really achieving nothing.
7. Kristy, Are You Doing OK?: Something terrible happende to Kristy, so terrible that she will be never able to forget it.
8. Nothingtown: Relationships, being in love and they want to be just together and forget the surrounding world.
9. Stuff Is Messed Up: About media's strength that is far too powerful.
10. Fix You: Between Him and Her..fixing the relationship
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom: Like it is mentioned "wasting all my days"
12. Rise And Fall: About the same thing as Pretty Fly, someone tries so much to be cool but always fails.

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 04:25 PM
There's already a thread about this:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32951

Nice to hear what you think about the meanings, though. And Hammerhead wasn't disgusted so much :D

Tonza
06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Fuck, I tried to look for it but it's impossible since there are so many new topics here nowadays.

ps. DISCUSSED

commonrider5447
06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think Half Truism is against the Iraq war, I think it is just to see a soldiers point of view

good job w/ this thread tho

dff_punk
06-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah, "disgusted" was funny imho :)
There's too many threads about this album, that is true. But it apparently shows how it's great.