PDA

View Full Version : A Piece of Americana EP

RockstarSuicide
06-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Does anybody here have it? I'm curious to what those versions of the songs sounded like.

I have, according to Dexter, a demo version of Pretty Fly that I love so much more than the album version. He said it was sent to radio accidentally but pulled back a few hours after discovery and wondered if that version made the EP.

But yeah if anyone has it, please let me know as I cannot find it :)

DeAtHsTaR
06-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Upload the demo!

RockstarSuicide
06-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I would if that's approved... Every now and then I find a board that is VERY against that *cough*FooFighters*cough*

The changes in this PF(FaWG) is all in the chorus, but yeah if it's cool, I will.

Ryder1234
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
i dont think anyone would mind. its not like they don t have any demos out there

TeddyBear_Army
06-11-2008, 11:39 PM
do eeet anon!!

oh wait...Im not on /b/ anymore?

Cejus
06-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I think none of us will be against it. I suppose the moderators won't be against it, either. I mean, they haven't said anything about people uploading singles, and unreleased tracks. They can't possibly say anything about uploading a demo.

Selfesteem_
06-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Id be pretty interested to hear it.

jacknife737
06-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Although i can't personally speak for the mods, i really doubt they'll have a problem with this. People upload similar stuff all the time without hassle.

Danno
06-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I have the EP and from what I can tell nothing is really different from the album versions of the songs except for The Kids Aren't Alright. In the EP version it says "Jamie had a chance, well she really did
Instead she got fat and had a couple of kids" Instead of "Jamie had a chance, well she really did Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids". I just call it TKAA (Alternate version).

-Danno

holland25
06-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Upload the demo!

The demo is the single version of Pretty Fly, it's on my upload, Pretty fly (CD 2).

And TKAA (Fat Version) is there too, TKAA (CD 2)

See the link on my sig.

Tijs
06-12-2008, 01:02 AM
We've got nothing against that, so go ahead.

holland25
06-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Why does he have to upload it again if it's already uploaded on offspringbootlegs?

And though hotlinking is not allowed, here are the exact links to the folders:

Pretty Fly (Single Version/Demo/Whatever You Call it)
http://offspring.ipshit.com/index.php?dir=audio/Singles/%5B1998%5D%20Pretty%20fly%20%5BCD%202%5D/

TKAA (Fat Version/Alternate Version/Whatever You Call it)
http://offspring.ipshit.com/index.php?dir=audio/Singles/%5B1999%5D%20The%20kids%20aren%27t%20alright%20%5B CD%202%5D/

RockstarSuicide
06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
It wasn't on the Single #2 as I have both versions of almost all singles from Americana.

But yes the link is to the right one... For those who just wanna know the difference, here's the demo's chorus:

So don't debate cuz he's a player straight
And maybe you know he really doesn't get it anyway
He's gonna play the field, he's gonna keep it real
But not for you no way, for you no way
So if you don't rate, just overcompensate
At least you know you can always go on Ricky Lake
The world loves wannabes so come on and do that brand new thing!

Basically the pauses are gone like the Ricky line and no hey hey in the final line. Makes the song stronger, in my opinion lol

holland25
06-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I know it wasn't on CD2, but I needed to place it somewhere. So I placed it there.

Blackball_
06-13-2008, 01:48 AM
I have the EP and from what I can tell nothing is really different from the album versions of the songs except for The Kids Aren't Alright. In the EP version it says "Jamie had a chance, well she really did
Instead she got fat and had a couple of kids" Instead of "Jamie had a chance, well she really did Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids". I just call it TKAA (Alternate version).

-Danno

hm are you sure that version of tkaa is from a piece of america? i owned a couple and they were all the same as the album tracks. tkaa fat version was from americana sampler (4 single tracks + pay the man) rather than a piece of americana (4 single tracks + feelings [or one some, walla walla?])

NotTheOne_NL
06-13-2008, 03:51 AM
yeah, it's discussed in earlier topics before. I can't check it, because my Piece of Americana EP is still sealed!

holland25
06-13-2008, 04:03 AM
The versions of songs on Piece of Americana are exactly the same.