PDA

View Full Version : Feeder

carlmc25
06-12-2008, 07:09 AM
After the slight disappointment that is rafrag (I don't think I've ever heard an album that has such a good first half and such a bad second half) there is some good news for next week's releases!

Looking on the bright side, another of my favourite bands (Feeder) has FINALLY returned to what made them great - in their early days they were the best band around imo and my great hope for the future of rock music, but they totally lost their way and became some whiny Coldplay imitators (with the odd great song). The new album - Silent Cry - is AMAZING and has gone back to their roots yet modernised. You can listen to the whole thing on myspace/feederweb, there isn't a weak song on the album although We are the People isn't a good opener. Songs like Silent Cry, Who's the Enemy, 818, Itsumo, Fires are masterpieces imo - give them a go, hopefully this will get them the success they deserve.

medi01
06-12-2008, 09:25 AM
from what i've heard (miss you and we are the people) it's not gonna be that great...no better than pushing the senses or comfort in sound

carlmc25
06-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Miss You is brilliant imo, I've heard the whole album on myspace and trust me, it's 100 times better than the last album and Comfort in Sound. It's early days but I'd say it's easily their best album since Polythene and possibly their best album ever.

medi01
06-12-2008, 10:05 AM
u got a myspace link???

medi01
06-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I take my words back...i've listened to about 6 now...silent cry "takes my breath away"....can't wait to get the (deluxe) album

Tijs
06-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I haven't heard much by them, only one song I think. I believe it was called "Just a Day" or something like it. If you have it, can you upload it for me since I lost it a few years ago.

medi01
06-13-2008, 01:39 AM
I haven't heard much by them, only one song I think. I believe it was called "Just a Day" or something like it. If you have it, can you upload it for me since I lost it a few years ago.

http://www.downloads.nl/results/mp3/1/Feeder+Just+A+Day

if you click the top one and then right hand click on the 'download' it should work ;D

carlmc25
06-13-2008, 05:22 AM
I take my words back...i've listened to about 6 now...silent cry "takes my breath away"....can't wait to get the (deluxe) album

Glad you like it! I've taken the Monday off next week so can listen to both the Offspring and Feeder all day :) Literally cannot wait for this, I've only listended to it twice on myspace but already I'm loving it and I can only see it getting better.

HeadAroundU
06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
It looks like a very good album.

I love Silent Cry, Who's The Enemy and especially Sonorous.

medi01
06-16-2008, 02:34 AM
It looks like a very good album.

I love Silent Cry, Who's The Enemy and especially Sonorous.

Itsumo, We are the people and Miss you are also top ones;)

Andy
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I used to love Feeder, until Jon killed himself. Their new direction after that really doesn't appeal to me.

Just A Day is still one of my favourite ever videos.

carlmc25
06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I used to love Feeder, until Jon killed himself. Their new direction after that really doesn't appeal to me.

Just A Day is still one of my favourite ever videos.

that's the thing though, the new album has gone back in the direction of their earlier stuff but modernised - it's probably their best album and a lot more guitar driven than anything they've done in years. The first bonus track on the deluxe version is also a beauty, buy it :)

medi01
06-18-2008, 10:59 AM
...anyone bought the 'silent cry' yet?

Pepsaj
04-16-2009, 08:02 AM
I did. And I love it. Feeder is great, and so is Silent Cry. I don't know why they aren't as popular as they could be... But that's good for me. At least they are not "commercial".

zsk
04-17-2009, 10:28 AM
That one is the best songs ever!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asjkm-uzh80

Pepsaj
04-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, right. And one of best viedos ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu5RtnqJnEU&feature=related :D

zsk
05-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, right. And one of best viedos ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu5RtnqJnEU&feature=related :D

is that the original video???? hmm it's not soooo good

Pepsaj
05-08-2009, 06:55 AM
I like it very much. It's pretty funny.

nameless
10-23-2010, 09:17 PM
the last thing i heard about them was they had a side project going on, does nayone know if its worth checking out?!