PDA

View Full Version : "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" is the Next Single

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-12-2008, 10:22 AM
KROQ has started playing it.

GoneAway15
06-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I just saw it on their play list now.

Did you happen to hear it? How did they censor the "dance fucker dance" part?

holland25
06-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe it's just the radio one, considering Hammerhead wasn't released as an official hard copy single yet.

ad8
06-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I just saw it on their play list now.

Did you happen to hear it? How did they censor the "dance fucker dance" part?

Maybe there will be a gap and no one will understand the meaning of this song
Like "Now dance, ... dance!":D

hshduppsnt
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Yep, its on the request page now too
(though not on the "what's new" page)...

they do occasionally play songs that aren't singles but not this early... so my bet is yeah, this is the next single :).

I'm curious to see how they edit the song

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-12-2008, 11:20 AM
its like "dance f----r dance" lol

ad8
06-12-2008, 11:22 AM
lame... would have been better if dexter made a censored version by himself. Like "Dance, idiot, dance" or something. You just destroy the song if you censor parts away:mad:

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
It's a good choice. I think it'd be a good move to choose this song as a single if they want it to sell well.

Jesus
06-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Maybe it's just the radio one, considering Hammerhead wasn't released as an official hard copy single yet.

A lot of singles aren't released as "hard copy" anymore. So I don't think there will be one, especially since it was free on the website too. Hopefully the next one will have one again!

Hammerhead hasn't even taken off much in Europe it's starting to in some countries (although with the new video I don't know if it'll improve much), so I guess it'll take a while for the next one to be out here.

EMehl6
06-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Hell yeah. Another badass single. I think this one will do really well on the radio. It's still hard-edged and punk, but it's also got a little bit of a pop-hook to it. Good choice, can't wait to hear it on the radio.

The radio station I listen to (98 Rock out of Baltimore, MD) plays "Hammerhead" at least 2-3 times a day, so this one should get even more airplay.

IamSam
06-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Request it people! I did!

hshduppsnt
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
hahaha dont worry iamsam

i've been hitting kroq with hammerhead requests since day one, i'll just add this to the list now :)

I wonder if we can get them both onto the furious five at 9 tonight :)

offspringing
06-12-2008, 12:08 PM
i thought kristy was gonna be the next single

F@ BANKZ
06-12-2008, 12:34 PM
They could well have pulled it in response to fan's. Some people weren't all behind Kristy but everybody loves You're Gonna Go Far.

Manic Subsida
06-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Request it people! I did!
Link?

And yeah, YGGFK is a good song, a good single.
But wtf? Do they censore the "fucker" in "dance fucker dance"? THAT'S LAME! -_-

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
they gotta. because of the fucking FCC.
if radio stations were to play the uncensored version, and get caught...lawsuits and fines come their way.

censoring saves their collective asses.

Cock Joke
06-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Geez. That was quick.

Manic Subsida
06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
they gotta. because of the fucking FCC.
if radio stations were to play the uncensored version, and get caught...lawsuits and fines come their way.

censoring saves their collective asses.
That SUCKS.

IamSam
06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Click 'KROQ Music,' then click request a song.' Also note that Hammerhead is the most played song on KROQ this week. (http://www.kroq.com/)

RobinoZombie
06-12-2008, 01:38 PM
A lot of singles aren't released as "hard copy" anymore. So I don't think there will be one, especially since it was free on the website too. Hopefully the next one will have one again!

Hammerhead hasn't even taken off much in Europe it's starting to in some countries (although with the new video I don't know if it'll improve much), so I guess it'll take a while for the next one to be out here.

come to think of it.
The bonus hammerhead live video might be a backup?
//Robin

Jesus
06-12-2008, 01:47 PM
come to think of it.
The bonus hammerhead live video might be a backup?
//Robin
I hope so, because that one is quite good.

Rutegard
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
i thought kristy was gonna be the next single

OH YEAH

AMEN TO THAT

Manic Subsida
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Click 'KROQ Music,' then click request a song.' Also note that Hammerhead is the most played song on KROQ this week. (http://www.kroq.com/)
Thanks. I requested both Hammerhead and YGGFK, even I don't listen to that channel. ;)

# Yeah, Hammerhead is the most played song on KROQ this week.
# I also found The Offspring at a 21.place on "106.7 Biggest KROQ Bands Of All Time", and that isn't too bad? It's even before Metallica.
# And on "KROQ Memorial 500", Self Esteem is on a 18.place, Bad Habit on a 39.place, Come Out And Play on a 50.place.

ThunderPX
06-12-2008, 01:52 PM
I like Dutch censoring laws because they more or less don't exist.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2008, 02:03 PM

Like Jesus said, it was released as a radio single but not commercially. Most American labels don't release commercial singles anymore.

lame... would have been better if dexter made a censored version by himself. Like "Dance, idiot, dance" or something. You just destroy the song if you censor parts away:mad:

I think it destroys songs more to go back and change the words.

code_blue
06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
seriously? that's awesome if it's true. thank god kristy isn't the next single.

TeddyBear_Army
06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I really hope Fix You becomes a single...
DONīT BASH ME faggots, I just love the song...

commonrider5447
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
might not be official, KROQ chooses its own singles some times that are not official singles or get play on other stations, examples:

Weezer - Red Album: Everybody Get Dangerous
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist: Bring the Light
AFI - Decemberundergroud: The Missing Frame

Zee
06-12-2008, 03:19 PM
I wonder if the guys at the label are deaf, but Half-Truism would have a huge hit potential, it would take them into a next level again.

Oh, and we'll see if in Finnish radio will play Kristy mostly...

GunForHire
06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
K-ROQ is an awesome, awesome station. I listen to it online all the time, because it's far better than any of the shit you get here in the UK.

jacknife737
06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Fuckin eh! Catchy as hell, clever lyrics, what more could you ask for?

Furthermore, for the love of Christ, they better not fuck up the video, since the first time I heard this track live, I knew it had huge potential for a sweet video. I immediately got an image of some corporate sleaze-ball doing what ever he can to get ahead; all the while the band is like playing live in the background of an office.

Also kids, time for us to do our part, request this shit like mad at your local radio stations, and any other stations that have online requests (ie like KROQ)

I still think that Kristy, Half-Truism, and A Lot Like Me, Nothingtown, or even Fix You could make a decent single. Although, I’d bet that Kristy gets the third spot, with Half-Truism getting 4th(assuming they go that far).

IamSam
06-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Quoting myself for all of you people to request it!

brian.offspring
06-12-2008, 04:05 PM
it's not 100% sure . . . no?
but i guess it's going to be the next single . . .
and it'll be very popular . .

tylercosgrove1989
06-12-2008, 07:48 PM

Or "Dance, Sucker, Dance"?

Moose
06-12-2008, 08:47 PM
hammerhead
you're gonna go far kid
a lot like me
kristy, are you doing okay?
half-truism
stuff is messed up

honestly, hammerhead is the least commercial, but has a lot of balls to it...

but the others probably would sell most...i rather not have kristy as a single, but it'll probably be the third single, even though a lot like me would be great.

half-truism is good, but i doubt itll be a single, as with stuff is messed up.

the first 4 will probably be the singles, i would take out kristy and put in half-truism or stuff is messed up...just cuz i think if kristy is a single itll destroy the song because people will see it as a song created for the radio, which, for once for a pop-ish type of song, really doesnt seem to be the case.

i'd like a lot like me to be the next single.

and leave kristy out of it...i think itll only take the song's dignity away if it were a single, and although itll be popular, itll be ripped by certain types of people.

Llamas
06-12-2008, 10:49 PM

I think it destroys songs more to go back and change the words.

I was thinking "dance sucker dance" would fit well, and not really destroy it. But I do agree that most of the time, changing the words ruins it.

Kid gets stuck in my head all the time since I heard it. Kristy doesn't at all. Kid is a much better single.

Unnatural Disaster
06-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I just heard it while listening to kroq online.

Budzy
06-13-2008, 04:00 AM
All depends on the video imo.
they make a worthwhile video and it'll make MTV and all them.
i know most people on here dont like that shit but personally i get a thrill whenever i see an offspring video pop up on video hits or something