PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated band?

Dan Ta Life
06-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Fugazi takes the cake. They suck! Anti-Flag is not far behind.

Omni
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Fugazi never had much commercial success. I'm thinking Nirvana (of course), and the Foo Fighters

bd007h
06-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Ac/dc .

Short_Attention_Span
06-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Nirvana and Bad Religion.

And just because a band "sucks," doesn't mean that they're overrated.
________
Penny Stocks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-12-2008, 06:10 PM
the killers.

probably not the MOST overrated, however.

jacknife737
06-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Coldplay and Radiohead

I'm not saying that they're not talented or whatever, I just fail to find their appeal.

Jakebert
06-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Tool, Nirvana, The Doors, RHCP, AC/DC, ect.

Dan Ta Life
06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I meant as far as punk music goes, but i guess the title is a little misleading. I would have to agree with Nirvana being way overrated also. I dont dislike Nirvana, but i just dont understand why people think they are so great.

slade
06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Nirvana are way overrated in my opinion.

bouncingcoles
06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
green day. thats all i have to say

Conspiracyof1000
06-12-2008, 08:51 PM
The Offspring! Almost everyone on these forums is always talking about how amazing they are and I just don't get it! They're SELLOUTS! </attempt at being witty>
Nirvana and SOAD. I would say Linkin Park, too, but I actually like them even if they're really big right now in my area. I used to like SOAD until they split.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Greenday, Tokio Hotel

AC/DC isn't overrated!!!
They just RULE!!! Go Angus, Go!!!:D

Forza
06-13-2008, 02:04 AM
The Beatles. Come on, they they only have 3 good songs. When I listen to the Beatles the stupidity and simplicity of the songs annoys me so much.

Marco
06-13-2008, 03:21 AM
Nirvana, Green Day, The Beatles (not for the reasons above), The Rolling Stones, Radiohead, Tokio Hotel.

slade
06-13-2008, 05:34 AM
A lot of these bands we're good because of the time they were around.

If they came out this year with their music i wouldn't think it would be anywhere near as big.

samara
06-13-2008, 05:57 AM
RHCP, Green Day, The Beatles. But most overrated are Nirvana and Linkin Park.

maplejet
06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Without a doubt, easily Radiohead.

The music never appealed to me, and if anything, they've come out with some of the most annoying, snobby, and just downright terrible fans I have known. Whatever Radiohead does, Muse does it better with more harder hitting elements.

Jakebert
06-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Go Angus, Go!!!:D

With your support, Angus will now be going on for years to come.

The Beatles. Come on, they they only have 3 good songs. When I listen to the Beatles the stupidity and simplicity of the songs annoys me so much.

What? I'm assuming you're an Offspring fan, correct? If so, the Offspring is way more simple than the Beatles. The biggest claim to fame the Beatles have is that they're one of, if not the first, rock band to make use of intricate arrangements.

I'm not saying you have to like them, but your reasons for not liking them don't make sense.

SaiKYoU
06-13-2008, 12:39 PM
let's raise some hell...

i also say "the beattles"...

coke_a_holic
06-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Everything ever.

Seriously.

BREAK
06-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree with Coke_a_hole. There are a hundred billion different answers to this question, and every single one of them is correct.

Even the most marginalized artists have their champions, and even the most universally-praised bands have equally large legions of detractors. Everything is underrated, and overrated at the same time. Why bother.

StefanDBH
06-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Linkin Park and Sex pistols

RockstarSuicide
06-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Led Zeppelin, Alexisonfire, Coldplay.

...But I vehemently disagree with the mention of Nirvana, FF, RHCP, Radiohead and most definitely The Beatles in terms of overrated... Now I've seen it all :-/

OffspringHead
06-15-2008, 06:00 PM
The Doors, Blink 182, and AC/DC

shanna_guarana
06-15-2008, 06:07 PM
why does most of you automatically say radiohead......?! I think they're good in what they're doing...muse is just their copy....the radiohead singer has beautiful voice...

RockstarSuicide
06-16-2008, 02:16 PM
The ONLY thing Muse has in common with Radiohead is the flasetto vocals... At no point can you really take a song from either band and be confused as to who's song it is.

I couldn't stand Radiohead and never touched Kid A or Amnesiac but there's no denying the work and influence they've had on bands over their career.

Just because you may not like a band, doesn't mean they're overrated. And you cannot compare a band from the past with standards of today.

ie: Nirvana. Compared to some bands now, yes some of their stuff doesn't hold up... However, had they not done what they did in 87-94, there wouldn't BE any bands to compare them to today. They were the nail in the coffin to what rock was in the 80's and broke the glass ceiling for many many bands

[[Meli.x]]
06-16-2008, 02:37 PM
i think U2 and babyshambles are way too overrated. everyone completely idolises Pete Docherty (or however you spell it) when really he is nothing but a junkie. i dislike their music, the same as i do to U2.. i find Bono an insufferable prick, but thats just my opinion. he does have a good voice, but i find their music way too boring. however, i do like Vertigo... i am yet to find a babyshambles song i can acctually listen to without wanting to put an unending supply of sharp impliments into my ears. Way too many people have told me i should give them a chance... i just cant bring myself to do it...

Dead Kennedy
06-16-2008, 02:51 PM
nirvana, korn, rage against the machine, sex pistols

offspringer24
06-16-2008, 03:44 PM
im suprised some have said the doors, anyways!

greenday, coldplay, metallica, u2, foo fighters, artic monkeys, trivium, feeder, mudvayne, slipknot etc etc

shanna_guarana
06-16-2008, 04:21 PM
At no point can you really take a song from either band and be confused as to who's song it is.

no doubt...it is true but Muse just doesn't have it's own style...Radiohead and Smashing pumpkins influenced by mostly....

there's no denying the work and influence they've had on bands over their career.

what I actually wanted to say...

Coach Vee
06-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Metallica are pretty overrated. I like that type of music, and I even like a couple of Metallica's songs - but I just think people go a bit TOO mental over them, and that's what being overrated's all about! =P

Jules69
06-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Just want to know what ever happened to puddle of mud??:confused:

medi01
06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
feeder

thats odd...as loads of ppl think they're really underrated :confused:

GBH2
06-18-2008, 11:29 AM
i've never found just what is so special about radiohead. their music seems to function on the indie rule that if there are enough shitty arangements that don't fit together + falsetto/pussy-esque vocals, than you have a fucking artistic masterpiece. because, obviously, the less lyrics/songs make sense, the more thoughful and deep they are. at least thats how it seems indie fans react; they are the most pretentious and annoying bastards on earth. what the hell?

0r4ng3
06-18-2008, 11:34 AM
I kind of agree. That reminds me of a joke.

Q: How do you piss off an indie rock snob?
A: Actually enjoy music.

fergiepunk
06-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I kind of agree. That reminds me of a joke.

Q: How do you piss off an indie rock snob?
A: Actually enjoy music.

True. I blame NME, they all read it and it has these kind of views.

Thomas
06-18-2008, 12:55 PM
There is nothing redeemable about U2. I can't stand them. My old marching band director almost picked them as our show a while ago, but thankfully it didn't happen because they wouldn't give anyone the rights.

And not that any of you care, but Gene Krupa is quite overrated. Yes, he made the drum kit what it is today, but he just didn't play it all too well.

JohnnyNemesis
06-18-2008, 03:18 PM
i've never found just what is so special about radiohead. their music seems to function on the indie rule that if there are enough shitty arangements that don't fit together + falsetto/pussy-esque vocals, than you have a fucking artistic masterpiece. because, obviously, the less lyrics/songs make sense, the more thoughful and deep they are. at least thats how it seems indie fans react; they are the most pretentious and annoying bastards on earth. what the hell?

Radiohead is fine, it's their fans that are the scumbuckets. This applies to most of the shit those indie rock faggots enjoy (Bloc Party too). That's what gets to me: the band gets all this shit because their fans are such assholes. It's kind of unfair and totally nonsensical.

There is nothing redeemable about U2.

Factually incorrect/typical ramblings of someone who's mostly familiar with only with post 2000 stuff and maybe some Joshua Tree. Failure. I get madz.

Ninty Man
06-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Nirvana, sex pistols and pink floyd

0r4ng3
06-18-2008, 09:56 PM
This applies to most of the shit those indie rock faggots enjoy (Bloc Party too).
But...I like Bloc Party. :(

JohnnyNemesis
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I adore Bloc Party, but I think you suck lolo.

0r4ng3
06-18-2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.dieselsweeties.com/shirts/elitistdiagram740black.gif

kmoss32
06-18-2008, 10:25 PM
GREEN DAY ok

Drums beating in my Heart
06-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Ac/dc .

Legends can't be overrated...

Ansem
06-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Tokio Hotel ._.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Legends can't be overrated...

The very word "legends" is the reason we discuss who is overrated in the first place.

jacknife737
06-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Aside from what i've already mentioned in this thread, I also never really saw anything special about a lot of “classic rock” bands, such as Led Zeppelin and Van Halen, ect.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Toiko Hotel, no doubt. Those emo faggots...I HATE THEM!!!! :mad::mad:

JeromeFleur
07-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Bad Religion for doing the same fucking music for like what..? 20, 25 years? Also, Pennwyise...

Ninty Man
07-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Bad Religion for doing the same fucking music for like what..? 20, 25 years? Also, Pennwyise...

MMM... you have a point, but!!!! When you read the lyrics, you say WOW is awesome.

And AC/DC is not overrated... Kiss is overrated, or Pink Floyd, or that crap named Nirvana

Thomas
07-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Aside from what i've already mentioned in this thread, I also never really saw anything special about a lot of “classic rock” bands, such as Led Zeppelin and Van Halen, ect.

Watch a John Bonham drum solo, a Jimmy Page guitar solo, or an Eddie Van Halen guitar solo, and you'll see.

Led Zeppelin is the band that really started it all. So many bands/musicians have been influenced by them that it would be inappropriate to not consider them "legendary."

I never really got into Van Halen, but holy cow, did they know how to write catchy songs!

Jakebert
07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Zeppelin was an influential band, but really, people forget that their later stuff was pretty crappy, and a good example of bad mainstream rock. Van Halen are generally crappy, despite whatever technical talent Eddie has.

Lately, I've been really realizing that I dislike the Rolling Stones a lot. They had 2 pretty solid albums, and have been coasting on a few early hit singles to make up for the fact that they haven't released any good music in like 30 some years.

0r4ng3
07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
On top of that "Gimme Shelter" on vocals is more frustrating than necessary, and I'm only on Medium.

Thomas
07-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh. I see. Personally, I LOVE their later stuff. In Through the Out Door was a really solid and amazing album. Some of their best work, imo, was from their later years.

ad8
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Tokio Hotel is the most overrated "band" in Germany.

Cock Joke
07-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Fuckin' Coldplay, as of now.

pezolvr
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
umm pretty much any metalk band from the 80s/90s. you see people wearing their shirts all the time but they never listen to there music. its more like a trend

Ninty Man
07-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Zeppelin was an influential band, but really, people forget that their later stuff was pretty crappy, and a good example of bad mainstream rock. Van Halen are generally crappy, despite whatever technical talent Eddie has.

Lately, I've been really realizing that I dislike the Rolling Stones a lot. They had 2 pretty solid albums, and have been coasting on a few early hit singles to make up for the fact that they haven't released any good music in like 30 some years.

Pfff... Sammy Haggar era>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Lee roth era.

5150 songs (even get up, which is in my opinion, almost as hard as hot for teacher), OU812, For Unlawful and Balance are the TOP of music complexity by Van Halen... it has so MANY good riffs in there, and the drums suited perfectly... Damn, you must die in my opinion.

Zepellin will always be remembered, with Pink Floyd-which, I hate- Beatles-which, I HATE- AC/DC, Ramones, etc...

JeromeFleur
07-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Oh, Greenday... Because, you know, when American Idiot was out, they were like : «oh, we don't do hard-rocking music anymore, we're like so grown-up and shit»... is it me or Greenday's music never rocked that hard aniway? I mean, I tried to listen to some of their older stuff, I just thought it was boring, with some exceptions... I like their attitude in some interviews, though...

I think American Idiot was somewhat a good album, with some good songs... The longs, epic ones were a good idea... But the whole My-lyrics-are-so-politicals gets on my nerve. I mean, as Noodles said in an interview, if you wanna do political music, you got to know politics, have something brillant to say, and not just talk shit. To be a political band, you must have a certain talent for it! But it's so cool to be political these days...

So, in my list of overrated would come all along with Greenday all those bands who proclaimed themselves political since 9/11, and didn't have shit to say except : «OH war is so bad, Bush is so a terrorist, and everyone should love each other.» Like Anti-Flag were great in their debuts, because they had a lot of «youth energy», but their recent work is just all the same, and lacks reel political reflexions. Sadly, the days of Rage against the motherfucking machine are finished.

0r4ng3
07-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Actually, only one song from American Idiot (the title track) is at all political. Maybe Holiday. But yeah, changing their whole image into politics I never really agreed with.

JeromeFleur
07-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Ah, and I forgot Metallica! I mean, everyone is like «Metallica are so bad ass!» Fuck off! They did some good trash metal when they were young, but now they're just whining because, «you know, Lars is very angry against me and it makes me sad, bouhouhou, let's do a band therapy, we'll talk about our feelings and film it to do a documentary». Give me a fucking break, you are a fuckin heavy metal band, aren't you supposed to take it like a man?

Plus all the napster shit, like they don't have enough money, yeah, right, I'm gonna cry. The only bad ass in the band was Dave Mustaine, and they kicked him out because they feared he would murder them during their sleep. It pisses me off everytime I hear Nothing else matters...

zsk
07-03-2008, 06:36 AM
green day. thats all i have to say

yeah they're soo overrated!
i think they're just arrogant assholes

darkchild6
07-03-2008, 06:47 PM
they suck and they are over rated ony emo fucks like that shit

- -Lauren- -
07-03-2008, 08:25 PM
[weezer and my chemical romance]they suck and they are over rated ony emo fucks like that shit

hahaha...haha...hah.
really?
do they now?

anyways, I would say that RHCP are overrated, and so is Nickelback.

0r4ng3
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't say RHCP is overrated, just overplayed. But I guess they're the same thing, aren't they. Either way I'm not a big fan either.

H1T_That
07-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Oasis.

10 characters.

One to the right
07-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't say RHCP is overrated, just overplayed. But I guess they're the same thing, aren't they. Either way I'm not a big fan either.

Not surprisingly a lot of their best stuff remains the stuff that didn't get radioplay.

JeromeFleur
07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Not surprisingly a lot of their best stuff remains the stuff that didn't get radioplay.

That's the case of a lot of bands... i think radio is overrated. ;)

Ninty Man
07-08-2008, 11:14 PM
That's the case of a lot of bands... i think radio is overrated. ;)

Radio sucks just like shit stinks. I hate it

batigol1982
07-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Green Day of course

yellow
07-09-2008, 05:13 AM
GREENDAY!!! without a doubt! hands down!

That_Guy91
07-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Let's all say Green Day some more!