PDA

View Full Version : Offspring songs in local radio

Drafan
06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Which Offspring songs can you hear in your local radio stations?
Because czech stations are playing only Pretty Fly and Why Donīt You Get A Job? like they are stuck in time. I canīt remember I ever heard another Offspring song. :(

Jaded skies
06-12-2008, 05:05 PM
hammerhead a lot. then bad habit pretty often. self esteem, gone away, all i want, and hit that sometimes.

Omni
06-12-2008, 05:05 PM
I hear Hammerhead, Gotta Get Away, Come Out and Play, and Gone Away quite a bit. I've only heard Can't Repeat once, The Kids Aren't Alright a couple of times. Hit That, Pretty Fly For a White Guy, and Original Prankster I haven't heard in years.

jacknife737
06-12-2008, 05:10 PM
102.1 The Edge has been really loyal to the Offspring and play them tons. Recently, Hit That/CGMHAY both got tons of airplay when they were released, the same went for Can’t Repeat, and now Hammerhead is the 2nd most played song on the station at the moment.

They also still play the smash singles on a fairly regular basis, along with TKAA, and a couple singles from Ixnay.

cool 2 hate 681
06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
kroq in los angeles plays

Gotta Get Away
Bad Habit
Come Out And Play
Self Esteem
Gone Away
Pretty fly (for a white guy)
The kids aren't alright
She's got issues
Hammerhead
and they started playing you're gonna go far kid

they used to play Original Prankster Want You Bad (Can't Get My) Head Around You Hit That Can't Repeat and Defy You

Unnatural Disaster
06-12-2008, 05:21 PM
My radio station (Project 9-6-1) played all of the Offspring's singles when they were released, but the only ones that they continue to play are Come Out and Play, Self Esteem, Gotta Get Away, Gone Away, and The Kids Aren't Alright.

They played Hit That and CGMHAY all the time when they came out, but I haven't heard them since 2004 on the radio. They play Hammerhead about twice a day right now.

You can look at their playlist here: http://www.mediabase.com/whatsong/whatsong.asp?var_s=087075076083045070077

Ryder1234
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Hammerhead
Gone Away
Self Esteem
Gotta Get Away
One Fine Day
COAP
TKAA
Pretty Fly
Shes Got Issues
Bad Habit

Plus they have played the entire Smash and Americana albums all the way through. Both twice.

Conspiracyof1000
06-12-2008, 05:53 PM
KFMA (92.1 in Tucson) used to play a lot of singles from Americana and Smash. Lately they've been playing Hammerhead a ton, but it used to rotate between TKAA, Gone Away, COAP, and Pretty Fly. WDYGAJ I've only heard once in the last year.

Camilamazed
06-12-2008, 05:59 PM
In Brazil, hits in general. Only once an underground radio station played "Blackball". And my face went like this :eek:

Here in the USA it's not different. I've heard a lot of hits, "I choose" a lot on xm radio and also Hammerhead.

=]

brian.offspring
06-12-2008, 05:59 PM
hammerhead a lot. . .
there's a program in witch the first hour is only offspring . .
also there's a contest of Questions and Answers in witch the prize is the hole offspring cd collecction (including the new one)

RODNEYMULLEN
06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
89x playes
Hammerhead
The kids aren't alright
self esteem
gotta get away
come out and play
gone away (sometimes)
pretty fly (sometimes)

Living in Chaos
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Around when Conspiracy Of One came out, 107.7 SeaFM used to play Original Prankster alot, but that seems to have disapeared. When Greatest Hits came out, Come Out And Play was on there a fair bit as well.

However, the songs that seem to be a regular staple for the band on their playlist are: Self Esteem, Gone Away, Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) Hit That, and Spare Me The Details.

Another local radio station CoastFM has been playing Hammerhead on their playlist for a week now.

Manic Subsida
06-13-2008, 05:50 AM
I don't listen to the radio 'caus I go to school, but I don't think they play so much Offspring here in Norway (I'm maybe wrong). And that's too bad. :/

Drafan
06-14-2008, 12:53 AM
You are all more lucky than me than. :(

Sprinkels
06-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Last time I got in the car, I heard Can't Get My Head Around You and Hammerhead in a row.

Good day, good day.

Phix
06-14-2008, 05:54 AM
only heard pretty fly and why don't you get a job. i've seen cant get my head and original prankster on national tv. but i guess that's reasonable, in croatia we don't have radio stations that play hard-rock/punk that much

Budzy
06-14-2008, 08:34 AM
kroq in los angeles plays

Bad Habit

i would piss my pants in excitement if i heard that on the radio

Rutegard
06-14-2008, 12:17 PM
i remember heard staring at the sun once...VERY RARE actually...

however i haven't hear anything related to their new cd...but...i don't hear radio that much LOL

The Mad Posse
06-16-2008, 06:14 AM
when are they gonna start playing the new offspring singles in scotland or th uk :mad: n theyr not on the music channels either. its fucking annoying. im flicking between radio n music channels all day waiting for a new single to play

Manic Subsida
06-16-2008, 06:19 AM
I've sent mail and told the radio stations in Norway now that The Offspring has come out with a new album, and that they have some singles now. ^^

Hopefuly they are gonna play it soon, even I don't listen to radio. :P

camilo andres
06-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Pretty Fly and Get a Job are the most played songs, but almost all their singles are played

All I Want
Come Out and Play
Original Prankster
Kids Arent Alright
Self Esteem
Hit That

But I've never listen Gotta Get Away or Gone Away on radio here in Colombia but I've heard No Hero, Million Miles Away and Totalimmortal although they were not singles or not so famous as singles

Edit: believe or not I've juts listened Hammerhead two or three times, no more

maplejet
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Come Out And Play
Self-Esteem
Gotta Get Away
Gone Away
The Kids Aren't Alirght

I don't know why they don't play songs like Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, and Hit That though.

Thomas
06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
KFMA (92.1 in Tucson) used to play a lot of singles from Americana and Smash. Lately they've been playing Hammerhead a ton, but it used to rotate between TKAA, Gone Away, COAP, and Pretty Fly. WDYGAJ I've only heard once in the last year.

They also play Gotta Get Away A LOT and in the past year or so, I've heard All I Want several times. They also play Self Esteem quite a bit. Lately, though, the only Offspring song I have heard them play was Hammerhead, which is really really cool, but I'd still like to hear something else for a change. haha.