PDA

View Full Version : What do you spect fot the new album????

noodlesdec25
01-09-2005, 05:12 PM
I spect a return to smash a little, a ver punk album but without loosing their other rythms/without loosing the punk sound ofcourse)
Something tells me the next album will be great, the best one

what do u spect

Mr. Noodles
01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I think they'll make a cross between Splinter and Ixnay.
I think that would be cool!

GBH2
01-09-2005, 05:28 PM
that would be cool.
i think they should take more rock-ish like songs (like cgmhay) and punk songs (like on ixnay), and eliminate all pop-punkish sounds.

sablock
01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
i think it will most likely be like splinter and conspiracy... unfortunately. I would hope it would be like Ixnay.

Mr. Noodles
01-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Splinter and CO1 would go good together!

sablock
01-09-2005, 06:07 PM
lol. Just hopefully it would be like the better tracks of those albums. But what u said before with Splinter/Ixnay would be really good.

BaDhAbIt
01-09-2005, 06:19 PM
i dont expect it, but im hoping for a return to the ignition/smash sound

scotishabbit
01-09-2005, 06:26 PM
i think smash/americana

meaning_of_life
01-09-2005, 06:32 PM
i dont "spect" anything, im hoping for a return to form, whether that be ixnay-like sounds, or rock pop, whatever, i just want it to be good. use english please. im hoping you meant "expect"

Skate Rat 19
01-09-2005, 07:23 PM
What I heard was that it was gonna be a greatest hits album. But if u mean after that comes out I think it will be like splinter and smash. Those are the best albums they've got in my opinion. Xnay comes in a close third but I don't have self titled and ignition.

sgwt_greg
01-09-2005, 08:09 PM
an ixnay smash sound will fuckin rule

vintagepunkrock7
01-09-2005, 09:46 PM
hmm.... im trying not to expect anything, cuz i have full confidence that whatever it is will be good, but a return to some of the older sound would be great! ;)

dirtybird
01-09-2005, 09:52 PM
im just expect something good.. w/e style it's in

ATOM_01
01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
dunno what to expect, but what would be nice would be an album with less novelty tracks, and something at least 50 minutes long. they need to make their albums longer, longer, LONGER!!! AHAHAHAHA...erm anyway, yeah..

Moose
01-09-2005, 10:58 PM
instead of making something like they did...how about something totally different that would alienate a lot of people on this board...that would be interesting...maybe some weird crazy shit and just songs that are more play it out and see how it sounds...kind of like a sonic youth thing, but obviously not sounding like them....i dunno just go nuts...hell they might as well do whatever they want and go all out, even if most people hate it...that would be cool, and i think a lot of people would be surprised.

meaning_of_life
01-10-2005, 12:10 AM
something totally different would be good for the band i think. like greenday did with the song homecoming, so many different sounds in that song, from "rock and roll girlfriend" to "nobody likes you", that song was just fucking sick beacause greenday unleashed and didnt care what people thought about it.

noodlesdec25
01-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Hey meaning of life....green day sux....they only wanna sell with politics...thats why they said something that people wanted to hear.............and i dont want that change to the offspring...offspring is a punk rock band ..green day is an alternative rock band soo its easyer to change with green day(they only want to sell)

meaning_of_life
01-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Hey meaning of life....green day sux....they only wanna sell with politics...thats why they said something that people wanted to hear.............and i dont want that change to the offspring...offspring is a punk rock band ..green day is an alternative rock band soo its easyer to change with green day(they only want to sell)
if you took time to listen to american idiot youd see that only 2 of the songs are politically charged, and im not anti-bush and i loved that CD. american idiot is a thousand times better than anything the offspring have released in the last 6 years. your kidding yourself if you believe offspring are punk rock, splinter is far more rock than american idiot. its not hard for offspring to change at all, if anything it was harder for greenday to change as they were known for there inability to take anything seriously and there CDs up until the latest release have just been rehashes of previous albums

Kitten
01-10-2005, 06:36 AM
I doubt he has even listened to American Idiot. Before it was released I was expecting it to be pretty political from the wrap ups it had been getting, yet was very pleased by the album not being about politics the whole way through. Damnit, now I need to listen to it.

meaning_of_life
01-10-2005, 06:38 AM
im listening right now: letterbomb. next up, give me novacaine. geez those names sound awfully anti-bush.

pOpe
01-10-2005, 08:02 AM
The new album will be like splinter and americana

But It'll be fantastic if it'll be like smash, or ignition
________
B9 scrambler (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_B9_Scrambler)

Obie2trice
01-10-2005, 08:03 AM
who cares, green day is only getting political to look more Punk.

I think the next Offspring album will be a mix of different music styles but with the typical Offspring sound in it. That`s the way I like it

Obie2trice
01-10-2005, 08:04 AM
The new album will be like splinter and americana

But It'll be fantastic if it'll be like smash, or ignition

They won`t return to the sound of Smash and Ignition

intothevalleyofdeath
01-10-2005, 08:04 AM
all i know is that if offspring goes political...ill have to shoot someone

skachild127
01-10-2005, 08:14 AM
DUde, you're a moron. The offspring have ALWAYS BEEN political. HAven't you ever heard the title track from americana? or any of their original songs like baghdad or kill the president or lapd? The offspring are a GREAT political band because theyre smart about it, not just some dumb band shouting stuff about hating the police. Even "hit that" is a sort of political song, although its a little more of a social commentary. If you dont see the offspring as political, then i dunno what you see them as.

intothevalleyofdeath
01-10-2005, 08:17 AM
theyre not 100% political...political is like tsol and shit like that...like when nofx went all political on their latest album it really pissed me off and if offspring did that ud be first on my list to kill

BuddyHolly
01-10-2005, 09:47 AM
im not anti-bush

you dumbass

samr
01-10-2005, 09:51 AM
DUde, you're a moron. The offspring have ALWAYS BEEN political. HAven't you ever heard the title track from americana? or any of their original songs like baghdad or kill the president or lapd? The offspring are a GREAT political band because theyre smart about it, not just some dumb band shouting stuff about hating the police. Even "hit that" is a sort of political song, although its a little more of a social commentary. If you dont see the offspring as political, then i dunno what you see them as.

I dont like this post.

Kitten
01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
theyre not 100% political...political is like tsol and shit like that...like when nofx went all political on their latest album it really pissed me off and if offspring did that ud be first on my list to kill

Yeah, but TSOL have always been political, green haven't become political, they have always tended to comment on what they see around them, and given the war and all thats all over the news, well, it's inevitable that the 2 songs that are about politics on that album got there.

RonWelty
01-10-2005, 11:12 AM

I think the next Offspring album will be a mix of different music styles but with the typical Offspring sound in it. That`s the way I like it
ok..but i miss a solid album ..when u listen to splinter ...there is no connection between songs like in ignition and smash ..and at my view in ixnay!

extraordinarygoodgrocer
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM

Yeah, quite a lot of the songs are related to society and politics.

Walla Walla relates to the prison system-

Elders relates to parents/family not being quite the way they once percieved them to be (from the perspective a young adult)

Way down the line- Similar to hit that lyrically- it deals with young people and parenthood.

There are a lot of songs about the pressures society imposes on us:
All, I want/ Nothing from something

Crime/Drugs

Burn it up/ Mota/What happened to you-One Fine Day (A party song, but also about rioting- another problem.)

I think Change the world is somehow related to society/politics. My interpretation is that the song is about people saying they'll do one thing and do another, or deception.

These are serious issues, that affect many people and what politicians try to deal with today. The Offspring are promoting awareness of these issues in these songs. They have always been a political band. They were more political in the eariler albums, but have always stayed in touch with this political side.

Lithuanian Offspring
01-10-2005, 11:50 AM
that would be cool.
i think they should take more rock-ish like songs (like cgmhay) and punk songs (like on ixnay), and eliminate all pop-punkish sounds.
I pray to God for this every day.

dirty_magic
01-10-2005, 11:52 AM
a good politically incorrect punk rock album that sounds raw, like the offspring did in the 80s and early 90s, would be very nice

Lithuanian Offspring
01-10-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd prefer one like Ignition. About the mind and problems we all have to deal with a dash of those politically incorrect rhymes we all like to hear.

killboypwrheadjx
01-10-2005, 05:25 PM
i expect it to be really really horrible. everyone says it could be a comeback just like americana, but ixnay on the hombre was a good album so i didnt consider it a comeback. i think the next album is gonna be worse than splinter, and then its just gonna go downhill from there. i want noodles to start his own damn band.

Floyd the Barber
01-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I predict it will come out in July 2006, have 14 tracks, and the cover will feature a face/head of some sort. That seems to be a trend with their few cover arts (Splinter statue, C01 skull, Americana kid, Ixnay skulls, Smash skeleton).

Kitten
01-11-2005, 12:13 AM
i expect it to be really really horrible. everyone says it could be a comeback just like americana, but ixnay on the hombre was a good album so i didnt consider it a comeback. i think the next album is gonna be worse than splinter, and then its just gonna go downhill from there. i want noodles to start his own damn band.

So you didn't consider Americana a comeback, explain the great increase in albums sold, and tell me that isn't a comeback, even just from a mainstream, getting the music out there point of view.
Splinter was a good album, and I think that the style will be more refined as they get used to working with Atom in the studio.

Kitten
01-11-2005, 12:15 AM

Wow, you can read their minds, listen to American Idiot, and you will find there are not that many 'punk' songs on it.

4eh
01-11-2005, 12:32 AM
i guess it would be something very good, think guys would make really good album and i agree with Mr. Noodles telling that it would be smth. across ixnay and splinter

Lithuanian Offspring
01-11-2005, 04:10 AM
From what I've seen in the live preformances, I think Atom might revive the band. You know, sort of like CJ did in the Ramones. And I'm hoping their gonna make an album thats gonna sound like Ignition again.

killboypwrheadjx
01-11-2005, 01:31 PM
So you didn't consider Americana a comeback, explain the great increase in albums sold, and tell me that isn't a comeback, even just from a mainstream, getting the music out there point of view.
Splinter was a good album, and I think that the style will be more refined as they get used to working with Atom in the studio.
because it was poppy and more accepted as a good album among the mtv crowd. the real ignition and smash fans hated it. anyone whos been to an offspring show back in the day and also a recent offspring show will testify that the crowds at the two are very very different.

skachild127
01-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't consider americana a comeback album either. Although it did sell much better because they made the switch to a major label, the songs were about as good as ixnay, if even that good. I don't blame the offspring for changing their sound though. i mean, it probly just got really boring playing the same style of music so they tried to mix it up a little bit. they still come out with some great songs though, like conspiracy of one, and cant get my head around you.

Camilamazed
01-11-2005, 08:51 PM
something totally different would be good for the band i think. like greenday did with the song homecoming, so many different sounds in that song, from "rock and roll girlfriend" to "nobody likes you", that song was just fucking sick beacause greenday unleashed and didnt care what people thought about it.
Hey Meaning what are these Greenday songs from? Are they singles or something? Are they from the AI ??

meaning_of_life
01-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Hey Meaning what are these Greenday songs from? Are they singles or something? Are they from the AI ??
these songs are different bits of a 9 minute song called Homecoming, off american idiot. good song, great album. all you people who say nay havnt listened to it properly, or think its political, when its honestly not.

skachild127
01-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Dude, i dont understand what the problem with political music is anyway. Thats sorta what punk rock is... i mean, its always been a social commentary sort of thing

Venezuelan_Nightmare
01-14-2005, 11:28 AM
in my case im just expect a good work from the offspring just like all this years, nothing super special just a another cd with good songs...
off course would be cool have a new DVD where we can see their life.

ATOM_01
01-14-2005, 10:09 PM
im not anti-bush

you dumbass

yeah, dumbass

BaneOfEvil3
01-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Woah...I was just about to make a thread just like this...It would've been called "What Would You Like to See in the Next Offspring Album?".

Anyway, here's what I'm hoping for:

That darker sound like on Ignition and Smash. If you noticed, those songs were all more downbeat and more pessimistic/depressing. Then it hit Ixnay and most of the songs have been upbeat from there.

BETTER. LYRICS. I love the lyrics from their Self-Titled album to Americana (Not all of the ones on Americana), but Conspiracy of One and Splinter had really bland lyrics.

More tracks. Splinter only had 12. I'd like a few more.

Moose
01-14-2005, 10:52 PM
i wouldnt say bland...i definitly think dexter had writers block for splinter and that is another reason why it took so long...a lot of the lyrics were sort of in this same range....kind of a lot of hopelessness to them actually, but tried to cover it up with songs lke the worst hangover ever, but if you look at em, i think they are more dark...but i think ixnay and prior are the best lyrics, but whatever.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Splinter and CO1 would go good together!
Yeah I agree. In every post that I've read of your you have a ! at the end of almost every sentance

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-14-2005, 11:07 PM
yeah, dumbass
Yeah dumbass