PDA

View Full Version : The packaging is terrible

Autonomist
06-13-2008, 09:35 PM
This is a heads up for anyone who hasn't bought a physical copy of RAFRAG yet. The packaging of the album is the worst I've ever seen. Instead of being your regular CD case they've gone for a cardboard fold out, which I have always found annoying, but is not the point. To actually remove the CD from the case I had to bend ever so slighty as you do and I ended up ripping a section of the spine. This pissed me off quite a bit as I'd just paid $25 for this minutes before, but it was nothing compared to removing the album booklet from the other side. I was already aware I had to be extra-extra careful but I was still unable to remove the booklet without ripping much of it to shreads.

So y'know, be very very careful.

TeddyBear_Army
06-13-2008, 11:23 PM
This is a heads up for anyone who hasn't bought a physical copy of RAFRAG yet. The packaging of the album is the worst I've ever seen. Instead of being your regular CD case they've gone for a cardboard fold out, which I have always found annoying, but is not the point. To actually remove the CD from the case I had to bend ever so slighty as you do and I ended up ripping a section of the spine. This pissed me off quite a bit as I'd just paid $25 for this minutes before, but it was nothing compared to removing the album booklet from the other side. I was already aware I had to be extra-extra careful but I was still unable to remove the booklet without ripping much of it to shreads.

Oh, hi Incredible Hulk! I didnīt know you were an Offspring fan!

commonrider5447
06-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh, hi Incredible Hulk! I didnīt know you were an Offspring fan!

hahahahah that made me laugh.

But i actually like those paper cases as opposed to the plastic ones, they seem more modern. That would piss me off tho to have all those things happen tho after buying the CD

jacknife737
06-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Funny enough, this is the second thread about a user's dislike for the album's packaging.

06-14-2008, 12:43 AM

That's what you get for not looking at my Album Artwork thread.

mat.kc.
06-14-2008, 01:54 AM
This topic is a complete failure. Wow.

Drafan
06-14-2008, 02:12 AM
I supposed it to be stuff like this after I have seen it scanned somewhere here. But maybe it will have normal cd case in Czech.

keonii7
06-14-2008, 02:19 AM
This reminds me of when I bought some bootleg CDs in China.

You do actually have to be careful with some paper packages, and it seems like the packing on RAFRAG might actually be hard to deal with so this topic is a good warning.

For the people laughing at this guy- badly packaged paper cases are actually a real pain, and are sometimes hard to open without ripping.

Thanks man for the heads up/

.:SMASH:.
06-14-2008, 02:39 AM
$18.95 at JB. It is annoying, but I'm not complaining. I paid less than 20 bucks. Fucking w00t.

borgy
06-14-2008, 03:10 AM
lol i paid $18.99 at JB hi-fi and it was factory sealed including JB hi-fi's own wrapping over the top, needless to say i didnt rip the packaging at all, getting the cd and book out is easy as pie, no idea what the hell you were doing to damage your packaging that badly.

The packaging is nice.

Free?
06-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Maybe he was too overexcited / drunk / hulked :p

Dexter_italy
06-14-2008, 03:31 AM
search button...

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33058
________
Amatuer xxx (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Count Orlok
06-14-2008, 07:22 AM
I think the paper case is very cool,more unique than plastic ones.
The comics in the booklet really fit into the style of the album overall.
And i think itīs easier to get the booklet out of the cd "case" than it is with regular cases sometimes.
Besides ,i bought it yesterday for 16€ and iīm hearing it all day long now:D:D
Happy with it!:cool:

dff_punk
06-14-2008, 07:30 AM
I supposed it to be stuff like this after I have seen it scanned somewhere here. But maybe it will have normal cd case in Czech.

I think here in Europe it will be in that paper case, only the Japanese bonus DVD version of the album has the "traditional" cd case. But we will see for ourselves on monday:rolleyes:

Jesus
06-14-2008, 07:51 AM
I had no problems getting the cd or booklet out . I usually scratch my jewel cases or rip the booklets when removing them from jewel cases... . New Coldplay CD has the same kind of packaging btw.

It just takes some time to get used too, it's way more environmentally friendly though (even more so because it doesn't have plastic to hold the cd which some other digipacks still have)! And it makes the artwork stand out A LOT better too.

Budzy
06-14-2008, 07:59 AM
lol i paid $18.99 at JB

the other dude said it was $18.95.
someone got ripped off. hahaha

Count Zaroff
06-14-2008, 09:59 AM
I like those packages, although this one here it is really very thin in comparison with some others.
However it's more special than the default plastic cases.

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I see people paying $18.99 for RAFRAG? At amazon.com it's just $9.99 for it?

.:SMASH:.
06-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I see people paying $18.99 for RAFRAG? At amazon.com it's just $9.99 for it?

That's $9.99 American. In Australian Dollars, that's a little over 20...? Not sure, but I think our one is cheaper

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 05:06 PM
That's $9.99 American. In Australian Dollars, that's a little over 20...? Not sure, but I think our one is cheaper
Ah, okey. ^^

And damn, the CD's here in Norway are expencive. At the most famous norwegian CD store, Platekompaniet, the RAFRAG album costs 150 kr, which is about 28.6 US Dollar, and on Amazon it's just 9.99 US Dollar for it. That's inzane.

Llamas
06-14-2008, 10:52 PM
I HATE jewel cases, so I'm really big on cardboard cases. I have like 15-20 CDs that are in some sort of cardboard jacket, and I've never torn one or had a real problem. The closest thing I've come to is for Tool's latest album... it's hard to get the CD in and out of the package, but I haven't torn it. I doubt I'll have a problem with this one, but I guess there's always a chance it'll be different... I'm still really glad it's a cardboard case... I seriously hate jewel cases.

Dr.evil
06-14-2008, 10:56 PM
i dint even pay $20 for it, and i didn't even have to bent the packaging to get it out... but getting it our of the plastic wraping was another story.... :mad:

Conspiracyof1000
06-15-2008, 12:26 AM
BBS Deathmatch!

Dr.Evil vs. the plastic on the RAFRAG CD!

:D

06-15-2008, 01:05 AM
i dint even pay $20 for it, and i didn't even have to bent the packaging to get it out... but getting it our of the plastic wraping was another story.... :mad:

Knives and sharp objects were invented for a reason.

IamSam
06-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Bumping this...
I didn't have any trouble opening mine. The plastic peeled off easily, the CD slid out cleanly, and the booklet didn't take a lot of effort to pull out.

blackened13
06-17-2008, 05:36 PM

lol, i only payed 7.95 at best buy, maybe it's a houston thing?

Dr.evil
06-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Knives and sharp objects were invented for a reason.

sorry for bumping this but i had too.... i had nothing sharp on me and ended borrowing some random gangsters knife to get it open

Camilamazed
06-18-2008, 05:53 AM
That's perfect for me!

I'm totally careful with my CDs, but somehow I ended up breaking cases. And now I won't have this problem anymore.

:D