PDA

View Full Version : Did hearing Half-Truism make you cry

Jeff316
06-14-2008, 05:18 AM
Did hearing Half-Truism make you cry it did me. Serously its there best since gone away. I dont care what ya guys think its there best song on there new record though its there best album in a while

icklebabygremlin
06-14-2008, 05:20 AM
i can understand if gone away makes you upset because the song is about loss but half truisum just isnt really a song like that yes ok chours is very powerful but ...no not really

dff_punk
06-14-2008, 05:23 AM
When I first heard it, I got extreme goosebumps. But no crying.
It's great to see anyway The Offspring are making music which makes people cry. I hope it were tears of joy, though! :p

rise_and_fall
06-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Self-Truism is one of my favourite songs of the new album, like some reviewer said it does remind me slightly of some My Chemical Romance music but it is most definitely The Offspring

The Mad Posse
06-14-2008, 05:31 AM
i didnt cry, thats a bit extreme.
it is immense though :D

Jeff316
06-14-2008, 05:32 AM
When I first heard it, I got extreme goosebumps. But no crying.
It's great to see anyway The Offspring are making music which makes people cry. I hope it were tears of joy, though! :p

Of course there my favorite band ever and half truism is just an amazing song

Count Zaroff
06-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Well, when I first heared it I was quiet amazed, but it didn't really make me cry.

Rutegard
06-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Did hearing Half-Truism make you cry it did me. Serously its there best since gone away. I dont care what ya guys think its there best song on there new record though its there best album in a while

cry? no...but i felt like it's the best song for representing a last hearing....i can picture myself crying while singing it at their very last concert! yeah

well...i think i'll cry the entire concert tho LOL

Cejus
06-14-2008, 05:47 AM
No, but, as a matter of fact, I cried while listening to "Kristy, are yo doing okay?" :(

Jaded skies
06-14-2008, 06:24 AM
No, but, as a matter of fact, I cried while listening to "Kristy, are yo doing okay?" :(

hahah same here

FuriousPunkBoy
06-14-2008, 06:29 AM
this song didn't make me cry or anything but it is by far my favorite track on the album, it stays on repeat most of the time.:D:D:D

Drums beating in my Heart
06-14-2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1TVWvsiteQ

This song made me cry...

dff_punk
06-14-2008, 08:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1TVWvsiteQ

This song made me cry...

This is actually very sad, but was posting that really neccessary? :rolleyes:

Ryder1234
06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
When I first heard it, I got extreme goosebumps.

same here. when i heard one of the new songs (think it was the kroq hammerhead world premier), i had chills going down my back the entire song, i may have even shuddered, but it was in a good way

commonrider5447
06-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Self-Truism is one of my favourite songs of the new album, like some reviewer said it does remind me slightly of some My Chemical Romance music but it is most definitely The Offspring

But that MCR song comes after Blink 182's Dammit dont forget that.

Anyways, this song is amazing, might be my fav Offspring song, it did get me teary eyed while I was listening to it during an emotional time....same w/ Kristy, thats why those are my two favorites

Drums beating in my Heart
06-14-2008, 09:33 AM
This is actually very sad, but was posting that really neccessary? :rolleyes:

Maybe Not :p

Cock Joke
06-14-2008, 09:37 AM

Self-Esteem+Half-Truism?

dff_punk
06-14-2008, 09:42 AM
There's a new song called Half Esteem then :D

Obie2trice
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Yesterday I`ve heard the song for the first time.

I bought the album, ran to my car and the first thing in my mind was: fuck, this is amazing

Almost hit 10 cars listening to the first 2 songs:eek:

Rutegard
06-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Yesterday I`ve heard the song for the first time.

I bought the album, ran to my car and the first thing in my mind was: fuck, this is amazing

Almost hit 10 cars listening to the first 2 songs:eek:

LOLOLOL

WATCH OUT MAN!!! HE'S LISTENING TO THE OFFSPRING!!

Obie2trice
06-14-2008, 11:07 AM
:D indeed, big danger!

XYlophonetreeZ
06-14-2008, 12:53 PM
It's an excellent, excellent song and I'll say that much. It's a rock anthem through and through. I honestly think that if they don't release it as a single they'll regret it for the rest of their lives. It has that much potential.

Unnatural Disaster
06-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I think A Lot Like Me would be more prone to making someone cry than Half-Truism

Superdope
06-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I actually got a little teary listening to half-truism. But it wasn't because it was sad. It was more like a "holy fuck. they are back" feeling than anything else. and yeah, when Trust in You went into that bridge... spasms of joy, I tell ye

mat.kc.
06-14-2008, 01:31 PM
I got teary when I first heard Half Truism. Because I realized I have been waiting for this album for years now. The Offspring are back, and I think that song is the greatest way to kick off the new album we have been waiting so long for. It is perfect. One of my all time favorites. It just has so much energy, it's hard to explain.

Dead Kennedy
06-14-2008, 01:31 PM
i cried a shit outta me when i heard this song:D

brian.offspring
06-14-2008, 04:17 PM
i didn't cry . . in fact i was happy, cause it's their best cd in 10 years (in my opinion and much of you) and this song is one of the best ones . .

but if it made you cry . . it's ok too ;)

one hundred punks
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
I have gotten teary eyed to Denial,Revisited, Gone Away and most recently Fix You and Kristy,are you doing OK?

cool 2 hate 681
07-12-2008, 06:13 PM
no offspring song has ever made me cry but i did cry when ron welty left

Bipolar Bear
07-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Half-Truism is crazy, it doesn't have as much aggressiveness as some other Offspring songs so the first times I listened to it I loved it, but it wasn't my favorite. Now...it's definitely second for me on the new album, right after Shit is Fucked Up. The first time I heard Shit is Fucked Up I liked it so much that I put it on repeat and listened to it about ten times.

Conspiracyof1000
07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Half-Truism did not make me cry, but it gave me this weird sensation and I love the song. I have cried on very few songs by The Offspring.

Bipolar Bear
07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I never cried on any song by any band. :rolleyes:
I guess I'm too masculine for that, I'm not some sort of fa...hey wait, I just created a social group called Gay Pride and you're all invited! Especially those who cried, lol.

I cry sometimes though. Not for small things but for some personal things like a death or something like that.

Conspiracyof1000
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I cry all the time. Then again, I am a chick.

nightvision
07-13-2008, 02:10 AM
It doesn't make me cry but it still gives me the chills.

ad8
07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
I can't see no reason why I should cry while listening to Half-Truism... It's a great song, but it's not sad like amazed or gone away. Those two songs might make me cry if I'm really depressed but usually, they rather make me happy(not because of the lyrics, but because it's Offspring music, of course)

Steph
07-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I cried for the first time I listened to Half-Truism. The emotion was so strong that I just couldn't help...
But there already was a thread about it, right?
It was named "Am I Crazy?" and was made by Pepsaj. But what the hell:D

Free?
07-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Tears of happiness...? Well, not tears, but goosebumps, chills etc. And why should you cry when you hear Half-Truism? There is nothing to cry about. Some broken heart may cry on Fix You or on Kristy if listener had some similar experience, but definately not on Half-Truism.

Stylie
07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Tears of happiness...? Well, not tears, but goosebumps, chills etc. And why should you cry when you hear Half-Truism? There is nothing to cry about. Some broken heart may cry on Fix You or on Kristy if listener had some similar experience, but definately not on Half-Truism.

Totally agree with you, it's like you wrote down my thinking.
..did you? :eek:

Oxygene
07-14-2008, 12:37 AM
It made me cry when I heard it after George Carlin died.. first time I heard it was on the 10th flying to Paris on my way to see the band play at trabendo, then I flew to vegas to see the second to last George Carlin show ever (I'm also a huge fan of his as well).. when he died and I put the song on I went teary...

it's a great song. Definatley one of the best efforts by the guys ever...

The Search Button
07-14-2008, 12:58 AM
No, listening Half-Truism never made me cry.

On the other hand, people would weep if they hear me sing it.

Pepsaj
07-14-2008, 01:52 AM
I wasnt crying on Half-Truism. I was crying on Trust In You and YGGFK :D

malibu43
07-14-2008, 10:16 AM

No, it certainly did not. :confused:

Redjie
07-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Didn't make me cry the first time. Made me cry a few days ago. Like fix you. On the other hand, Kristy made me cry the first time I heard it and makes me cry everytime I hear it.

Capricorn4
07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
No,didn't make me cry,I'm not that emotional,but it made ponder on certain things.

medi01
07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
:confused:...didnt cry on any of them...

Buller
07-17-2008, 04:41 AM
I think Half-truism is a really great song but why does Dexter sing the "make it better" thing 3 times? ... I wonder....

KHWHD
07-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Absolutely fantastic song but no it didn't make me cry. But Fix You did. :o

Out on Patrol
07-17-2008, 12:29 PM
It didn't make me cry, but i can't deny it has "passion"

Static_Martyr
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Heaviest (and by heaviest, I mean "most powerful") songs on this album, in descending order:

(1) Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
(2) Hammerhead
(3) Stuff Is Messed Up
(4) Trust In You
(5) Half-Truism

I'm seriously manic, so I relate to Hammerhead a lot. That's what it feels like when I get manic---like a hammer pounding in my head, it's all, "Go, go, go," and I can't think about anything else.

As for Kristy, it's kind of a personal matter. But I still loves the hell outta that song :)

The rest are just for the music and the lyrics. No particular attachment; just that they're different enough from most other music to garner special attention.

theoffspringignite
07-20-2008, 10:26 PM

yeah man actually im guilty of that but i dont care. just the emotion and quiver of dexters voice after the guitars come in brought tears to my eyes...really emotional to be hearing a new offspring song as well for me

zsk
07-21-2008, 05:51 AM
it was close:D

danitanev
07-21-2008, 06:06 AM
Really nice song, but I'm not really crying while listening to it! Maybe you are too sensitive I don't know! You should go check your head! Well I have to admit that I'm always crying while listening to "shit is fucked up" (Stuff Is Messed Up) cause my shit is always fucked up (I hope you won't get me wrong here)! Well I hope "there's nothing wrong, there's nothing wrong with our heads"! :D