PDA

View Full Version : Some Offspring questions!

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi guys, nice to see you at the forum this night. :)

Well, I have some questions, diverse questions. I am gonna buy the new album at Amazon.com, and I thought I could grab with some more freaking good Offspring stuff. I think I want the remastered Ignition and Smash CD's.

So then I just wonder; are the tracks at The Offspring's homepage on the "Music" section sounding exactly the same as on the Ignition and Smash CD's? The quality is the same, not "too good" (if you see what I mean)? It's not better at the CD's than on the "Music" section?

I also wonder about if I'm gonna buy the Greatest Hits or the Greatest Hits DUAL DISK. So then I ask: is it just those clips from there Dexter and Noodles is sitting in a room and talking about all those songs on the Dual Disk, or is it more? More videos, or more in the booklet?

Thank you so much for answering me. ^^
...and ups, I think I'm gonna buy a lot of Offspring stuff, I can't controll myself, you know. : o

The_Bass
06-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I've got the dual disc, it's cool. There are about 15 live performances, all the clips, all the clips with video comments from Dex' and Noodles, some Making of video's, a video with Guy Cohen, the music and an acoustic session.

It's pretty nice!

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I've got the dual disc, it's cool. There are about 15 live performances, all the clips, all the clips with video comments from Dex' and Noodles, some Making of video's, a video with Guy Cohen, the music and an acoustic session.

It's pretty nice!
Wow, all that? Okey, I'm gonna take the Dual Disc. Thanks!
So, anyone can answer my other question? : )

Free?
06-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Mate, remastered Smash and Ignition are not officially released yet, so we can't really tell how big is the difference, but they have to sound better.

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Mate, remastered Smash and Ignition are not officially released yet, so we can't really tell how big is the difference, but they have to sound better.
Yeye, of course. I don't mean the difference between the remastered and the original.

But those of you that have the original Ignition and Smash CDs, can you guys tell me if the tracks at the "Music" section on offspring.com is sounding exactly the same as on the Ignition and Smash CD's? The quality is the same?

And no, I'm not meaning the remastered CDs, but the original CDs and the tracks at the "Music" section here at offspring.com.

Free?
06-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Heh :) Just get remastered albums because they will be the best choice and especially because you don't have even originals. Imo, there is nothing much to think about.
And I doubt that someone have listened the songs from music section on a good sound system, so you wouldn't notice much difference, however songs on cd have to sound better than examples on the site.

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Heh :) Just get remastered albums because they will be the best choice and especially because you don't have even originals. Imo, there is nothing much to think about.
And I doubt that someone have listened the songs from music section on a good sound system, so you wouldn't notice much difference, however songs on cd have to sound better than examples on the site.
Yeah, you think so? :)
Anyway, yup, I am gonna take the remastered ones, of course. I'm just wondering, you know. ^^

chester666
06-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah, you think so? :)
Anyway, yup, I am gonna take the remastered ones, of course. I'm just wondering, you know. ^^

well, stop.....hey man, i know remastered stuff is cool and all that, but you've gotta listen to the original ones, for example, the original sound in the ignition album, i mean that kind of not-so-professional-sound in the tracks, that makes you feel like you're hearing a live recording as it is not completely clean.....oh, so beutiful,.... i fear the remastered version has that special thing erased.....the point is.....YOU'VE GOTTA LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL EDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conspiracyof1000
06-14-2008, 06:05 PM

It's pretty nice!

That's the Complete Music Video Collection. The Dual Disk is Dexter and Noodles commenting on some songs and an acoustic performance of Dirty Magic.

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 06:30 PM
well, stop.....hey man, i know remastered stuff is cool and all that, but you've gotta listen to the original ones, for example, the original sound in the ignition album, i mean that kind of not-so-professional-sound in the tracks, that makes you feel like you're hearing a live recording as it is not completely clean.....oh, so beutiful,.... i fear the remastered version has that special thing erased.....the point is.....YOU'VE GOTTA LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL EDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I know...it's sweet, that too.
But it is the same as in the music section on offspring.com, right? When you listen to Ignition and Smash there, it's the same tracks and almot the same quality, right??

That's the Complete Music Video Collection. The Dual Disk is Dexter and Noodles commenting on some songs and an acoustic performance of Dirty Magic.
Ah, I understand. 'caus I saw that with the Guy Cohen on the Complete Music Video Collection.

So you are sure about this? Only those comments from Dexter and Noodles of some songs and the acoustic Dirty Magic?

Conspiracyof1000
06-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Very sure, since I just watched it again today. :p

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Very sure, since I just watched it again today. :p
Okey, thanks. ^^

Well, I don't really need the Dual Disk then... 'caus all those clips is on Youtube.
It's nothing special with the menus or something, so I just MUST buy it? lol xD
Maybe I just buy the single one, and buy something other, like a Offspring cap.

chester666
06-14-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah, man....of course............the only thing, at least i've noticed that's wrong in the "music" section is the release year of the self-titled album

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 06:43 PM
yeah, man....of course............the only thing, at least i've noticed that's wrong in the "music" section is the release year of the self-titled album
Yup. So the original Ignition and Smash is there, with probably the same sound as on the original CDs (btw, you have them, so you know the quality is the same?), so I've heard it. And maybe I could buy the original ones another time, when I have more money, just to have the whole collection. ^^

chester666
06-14-2008, 07:07 PM
well, i'll tell you my friend there's nothing compared to an insomio night at 2am, with all the bedroom lights off, eating something, checking out the internet......and listening to the original ignition album....

Nemesis881
06-14-2008, 07:14 PM

I agree but I think they are just basically making it a little louder and just a little bit cleaner so it sounds better at higher bit rates when you rip them to your computer. Other than that the re-mastered CD's are NOT re-mixed...well they shouldn't be anyway :rolleyes:

on another note, maybe they'll make the new dirty magic recording a secret song on the re-mastered one :cool:

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 07:22 PM
well, i'll tell you my friend there's nothing compared to an insomio night at 2am, with all the bedroom lights off, eating something, checking out the internet......and listening to the original ignition album....
Heheh, true. That's true.
So you have it, and the quality is the same as on the music section?

Btw, I'm gonna say good night now. Cya. :)

chester666
06-14-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree but I think they are just basically making it a little louder and just a little bit cleaner so it sounds better at higher bit rates when you rip them to your computer. Other than that the re-mastered CD's are NOT re-mixed...well they shouldn't be anyway :rolleyes:

on another note, maybe they'll make the new dirty magic recording a secret song on the re-mastered one :cool:

lol, that's true.....it's just that i've found some remastered editions of other albums, like the first albums by green day....like Kerplunk! which was remastered, and it lost all the cool sound the original version had.....i mean i love that kind of sound, it's so cool

Manic Subsida
06-14-2008, 07:31 PM
lol, that's true.....it's just that i've found some remastered editions of other albums, like the first albums by green day....like Kerplunk! which was remastered, and it lost all the cool sound the original version had.....i mean i love that kind of sound, it's so cool
You make me nervous about the remastered Ignition and Smash.
But I think, and I hope it's gonna be GREAT! Hope it's amazing, right guys? :)

chester666
06-14-2008, 07:37 PM
You make me nervous about the remastered Ignition and Smash.
But I think, and I hope it's gonna be GREAT! Hope it's amazing, right guys? :)

come on man.....IT'S GONNA BE FUCKING GREAT!!!!! i'm looking forward to see if the artwork has changed

Manic Subsida
06-15-2008, 07:39 AM
come on man.....IT'S GONNA BE FUCKING GREAT!!!!! i'm looking forward to see if the artwork has changed
Yeah. ^^
But I don't think the artwork has changed. If you see at amazon.com, the cover is the same, just a little brighter on Smash, and a little darker on Ignition.

The_Bass
06-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I've got the originals (1992 for Ignition and 1994 for Smash.). I've found them NEW in the Saturn in Berlin, Germany. That means noone ever buy's it lol. They were happy I bought them :P.

I think they sound quite good. I think Brad is only trying to make more money.

I might buy the re-issues aswell.

Manic Subsida
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM
I've got the originals (1992 for Ignition and 1994 for Smash.). I've found them NEW in the Saturn in Berlin, Germany. That means noone ever buy's it lol. They were happy I bought them :P.

Yeah. And you can confirme that the sound on the original CD's are the same as on the "Music" section here on offspring.com?

Drafan
06-15-2008, 09:22 AM

Thats sad and fortunate at once.
And whats the question now?

oh_strange_one
06-15-2008, 11:28 AM
cant see the new smash and ignition being better cause the albums sounded great anyway otherwise we wouldn't all be fans now would we lol but saying that i purchased them and cant wait to get them couldnt resist,

could anyone tell me if the dual disk for greatest hits, does it have the same stuff on it thats on the offspring dvd collection that came out at the same time thanx!:D

Manic Subsida
06-15-2008, 11:34 AM
could anyone tell me if the dual disk for greatest hits, does it have the same stuff on it thats on the offspring dvd collection that came out at the same time thanx!:D
I don't think the comment-on-song-by-dexter-and-noodles and the Dirty Magic acoustic is on the Music Video Colletion, just the Dual Disk. ;D

The_Bass
06-15-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't think the comment-on-song-by-dexter-and-noodles and the Dirty Magic acoustic is on the Music Video Colletion, just the Dual Disk. ;D

You're right. It's only on the Dual Disc.

The sound quality is the same as it is on the site. Even think the CD is a bit better, but that just might be my EQ settings.

oh_strange_one
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
thanx !!! now the bad thing do i purchase just for a few extra things lol i hate these dilemmas :p

Manic Subsida
06-15-2008, 11:44 AM
The sound quality is the same as it is on the site. Even think the CD is a bit better, but that just might be my EQ settings.

Okey, thanks. ^^