PDA

View Full Version : Remastered Tracks

zsk
06-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Is there any chance to listen the remastered albums ignition and smash online?
(Maybe on youtube...-LINK)

zsk
06-15-2008, 09:02 AM
any idea???

Free?
06-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Wait till 17 june official release or is that matter of life and death? :)

Manic Subsida
06-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Let's wait 'til 17th, maybe?

Drafan
06-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Umm, is Offspring actually matter of life and death??

zsk
06-15-2008, 09:08 AM
i live in germany,i have the new album already:D

F@ BANKZ
06-15-2008, 09:08 AM
No you're thinking of Iron Maiden

Beheaded
06-15-2008, 09:12 AM
I got the smash remastered cd.

Here is the booklet:
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash1.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash2.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash3.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash4.jpg

Beheaded
06-15-2008, 09:12 AM
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash5.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash6.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash7.jpg

And the CD:
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smashCD.jpg

Dragnet
06-15-2008, 09:18 AM
i feel cool because I got my copy of smash in 1994 :D
please let me enjoy this moment of grandness

Manic Subsida
06-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Wtf? You got the remastered Smash!? HOW??

Beheaded
06-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I went to a store, gave them money and.......

zsk
06-15-2008, 09:24 AM
upload-youtube

Dragnet
06-15-2008, 09:29 AM
So you live in Hilden, I'll be there in one hour.

Is there any difference soundwise?

Beheaded
06-15-2008, 09:31 AM
So you live in Hilden, I'll be there in one hour.

Is there any difference soundwise?
Where do you come from?

Until now, I've never heard the remastered one.^_^

Dragnet
06-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Berschheim!

Beheaded
06-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Nie gehört.:p

Dragnet
06-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Bergheim bei Köln ;)

zsk
06-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I live in dreikirchen

HeadAroundU
06-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Rip, fucker, Rip. :D

jacknife737
06-15-2008, 11:03 AM

pics

/sigh

Looks as if i'm buying Smash again. Did it come with a 24 page booklet?

Anyone know if the Ignition booklet is altered?

RODNEYMULLEN
06-15-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm kinda exited about smash remasterd, but i'm really exited for ignition remasterd, because the bass drum sounds wierd on this album.

Fall-children
06-15-2008, 02:14 PM
wait! :O

1. he posted only 7 pages, what's in the rest?

2. Rip :)

3. Thanks

4. No Youtube because youtube fucks any song quality

Fall-children
06-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Is there any chance to listen the remastered albums ignition and smash online?
(Maybe on youtube...-LINK)

www.amazon.com

Beheaded
06-16-2008, 12:16 AM
wait! :O

1. he posted only 7 pages, what's in the rest?

2. Rip :)

3. Thanks

4. No Youtube because youtube fucks any song quality
1. THAT'S ALL!!!
2. Later. Got my exam today.....
3. No problem.
4. You're right.

Selfesteem_
06-16-2008, 01:55 AM
I bought the remastered copy of smash same day as I bought RAFRAG on 11/06, but it only has the 7 pages that were scanned and uploaded earlier in the thread, apart from that its pretty much the same as the original release. Havent got ignition yet, they had it instore but I thought Id go for smash first!

holland25
06-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Please, someone rip the tracks. Thank you in advance.

And please, scan the whole booklet in better quality.

Manic Subsida
06-16-2008, 04:30 AM
I bought the remastered copy of smash same day as I bought RAFRAG on 11/06, but it only has the 7 pages that were scanned and uploaded earlier in the thread, apart from that its pretty much the same as the original release. Havent got ignition yet, they had it instore but I thought Id go for smash first!

Well, the sound quality is better, right?

The Search Button
06-16-2008, 04:32 AM

No.

They are, actually, way more important than that.

Beheaded
06-16-2008, 11:25 AM
And please, scan the whole booklet in better quality.
Good enough?
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash1_big.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash2_big.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash3_big.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash4_big.jpg

Beheaded
06-16-2008, 11:32 AM
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash5_big.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash6_big.jpg
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash7_big.jpg

GunForHire
06-16-2008, 11:34 AM
So can anyone comment on the sound quality? Do either CDs sound noticably different/better than the originals?

holland25
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Good enough?

Yeah, thanks a lot :)

Fall-children
06-16-2008, 11:47 AM
the iamge is soo big!!!

crap it anoys me!

well any rip? :)

pd: any worth-buying sound improvement?

Hyper nova
06-16-2008, 11:50 AM
So when I picked up my Version of Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace from HMV (in the UK) I decided to check to see if they had the Remastered copies of Ignition and Smash and they did so I brought them.
This is what I noticed as the Differences.

The Music

The Remastered versions really don't sound much different. Little louder and therefore clearer but overall not a huge difference. Ignition still has the feel of a record recorded in a crappy independent recording studio, some people are going to like the fact its still raw, others are going to say its not really sounding like a proper remastering but its not a rerecording so ill leave it up to you to decide. Personally I like the fact they haven't really changed much. But then Begs the Question Why bother? Basically I say if you are a Fan and already have the originals don't spend the money unless you're hardcore and if your new to the band Get the remastered and don't even bother with the originals because the remastering doesnt detract from he rawness of the recordings so you dont actually miss out by only having one or the other. Basically I say get both only if your hardcore if not stick to what i said above.

The Packaging.

Let me start with Smash which has the most changes (not much)

Front Cover

Not a huge difference here, cover is slighly brighter on the new one, more of a Yellowy/Brown rather than Orangey/brown no biggy

The Case

Ok there is some difference here again not a lot but the bottom part of the casing has been changed to Clear Plastic over he old plain black this makes it feel a bit more modern. To go with the clear plastic they add a Black and Red very very zoomed in close up of the Skeleton on the back (can't work out which part think its a part of the neck, not sure). This give you something to look at when the CD is out of the case. Really all this does is take the dull old black and makes it a bit more vibrant

The Back cover

Ok Same basic Picture on the back lowered a bit, the original had the very top of the word Offspring cut off on the back the new one does not. But the Track titles have changed slightly.
The Font is larger and track 1-7 are no longer Upside-down and Come Out and Play had the "(Keep 'Em Separated)" part added on.
The Font is the same font but now All Caps and not all Lower case like before, also they add the Website on the back and move the barcode to bottom right and neaten the Epitaph contact stuff to the Bottom left

The CD Art

The art on the CD itself has now changed form Black and white the Black and Red and the words "Offspring" and "Smash" have been place big and bold across the bottom center and the track titles have been removed.

Fianlly Internal Artwork/Booklet

This is not a 24 page booklet like suggested but a 7 double page spread as seen above (ie 14 pages total) 1 page per Song for the lyrics and a piece of artwork. The artwork is ether taken from the Singles (if the song had one but not necessarily even if it did ie COAP) or something random but in keeping with the rest of the artwork (not really worth spending money on just for that even though this is the major difference in packaging). Overall I like the fact they actually added some artwork to each song to make it in keeping with later albums. They did also change the credits ever-so slightly to include remastering credits but mostly these stay the same but surprisingly omitting that Killboy Powerhead was written by the Didjits they still have them in the thanks part and they single out the song with an "Except" and they say it was published by Touch and Go Records. But don't explicitly say "Written By the Didjits". Couple of minor differences as well. Also the only piece original artwork missing is the artwork that originally was far left of the old credits with the blurry picture of a Guy behind what looks like a set of terrace houses. This picture doesn't not make a showing in the Remastered Booklet. Overall nice to have some pictures and the Yellow "Trash" Cans still live :D.

Ok On to Ignition

Front Cover

No huge difference here but the word Ignition has been centered and shrunk and the brown background is slightly "shifted" to include an orange "tear" I found the Image on Amazon to represent this (no I'm not uploading images of any of my Stuff its too much hassle sorry)

New
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61P2JZPmgwL._SS500_.jpg

The Back Cover

This is almost identical except for an Website Address and updated Epitaph info and moved barcode to center top and Epitaph symbol to center bottom and the Track listing made slightly larger.

Casing

Again the plastic casing where the CD sits has behind changed from Solid Black to Clear and therefore they add artwork behind the CD this time its of the Fire (reversed and Zoomed a bit) from the front and this leads to the biggest change...

The CD art

Ok GONE is the Mauve backing with silhouette of Greg from the picture in booklet but completely replaced with a vibrant picture of the fire to match with the New backing art behind the CD the colours though in contrast to the picture are "Falsified" to make them brighter and more "contrasty" (if that's a word if not it is now :D). and "Ignition" and "The Offsrping" words are place to the top left. This leaves the least changed....

The Booklet

The back of the booklet has now been changed to mirror the back cover
ie the Silhouette of Greg on the brown background but zoomed out to see the whole of the silhouette just like the original CDs silhouettes size (its all a bit mix and match). Over the top of this artwork here is the Album credits which are identical to the old credits and surprisingly dont even menation the remastering unlike Smash. The inside is almost identical to the old booklet only differnce is an updated "Write to" Address and agian they add the Website.

That's about it. I wont upload pics or the songs. I have my reasons (largly time related) so dont ask but other Questions are welcome

Also I am only comparing the European versions of the albums. they may very well be a 24 page booklet out tomorrow with the US Version and otehr Changes so don't have a go at me if yours is different.

Overall a nice re-issuse but not really worth buying all over again and smacks a bit of why bother in the first place. But I do like the fact they seem to bring the feel of the Albums forward (with out ruining the original feel) even if the Changes are small.

I don't think they are made to be brought on top of the original but really are there for the true hardcore or new fans. Generally they are there to replace current issues in stores etc i expect they have discontinued the old versions as they are really not needed and don't bring anything nostalgic or rawer than is in the re-mastered anyway

Jesus
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the detailed info ;). My remastered versions hopfully arrive tomorrow. Both combined only costed 2 euros more than RAFRAG too.

HeadAroundU
06-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Ok, and now rip the babies!

Fall-children
06-16-2008, 12:56 PM
wow, kinda dissapointing I think I'm not getting them :(

I want to hear one song and compare it to the original one, then I'll see

Selfesteem_
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Bought ignition yesturday, so now I have both of the remastered albums, but as Hyper Nova said, not many changes. It seems as though the europe version is exactly the same as the Australian version. Anyone from the US get it?... oh i think its early morning there, hurry up!!

Fall-children
06-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Bought ignition yesturday, so now I have both of the remastered albums, but as Hyper Nova said, not many changes. It seems as though the europe version is exactly the same as the Australian version. Anyone from the US get it?... oh i think its early morning there, hurry up!!

can you rip them?

Selfesteem_
06-16-2008, 05:10 PM
can you rip them?

Trust me mate, if you have the originals put them in your stereo and turn the volume 2 notches louder than you normally would, and BANG, you instantly own the remastered copy.

I honestly cant see a difference in quality, but then again, i have a shit stereo :D

As for ripping... Im a law abiding citizen, I paid and sure i might be $40 bucks short now, but i suggest you give it a go... the band would love you for your purchase!

sablock
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Rolling Stone review of remastered Smash:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/160074/review/21324403/smash

Fall-children
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Trust me mate, if you have the originals put them in your stereo and turn the volume 2 notches louder than you normally would, and BANG, you instantly own the remastered copy.

I honestly cant see a difference in quality, but then again, i have a shit stereo :D

As for ripping... Im a law abiding citizen, I paid and sure i might be $40 bucks short now, but i suggest you give it a go... the band would love you for your purchase!

epitaph would love me for the purchase, I don't love them, but thanks anyway

Selfesteem_
06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
epitaph would love me for the purchase, I don't love them, but thanks anyway

So the band wont see any money for the sale of the 2 remastered copies? surely they would recieve a percentage.

bighead384
06-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Rolling Stone review of remastered Smash:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/160074/review/21324403/smash

This guy didn't seem to take The Offspring very seriously. That makes the review pretty pointless. I mean, who but a hardcore fan would go back and pay for the whole album again just because it sounds slightly different?

Selfesteem_
06-16-2008, 05:35 PM
This guy didn't seem to take The Offspring very seriously. That makes the review pretty pointless. I mean, who but a hardcore fan would go back and pay for the whole album again just because it sounds slightly different?

I reckon that Hyper Nova's review/comparison of the two hit the nail on the head. That is the kind of reviewing we need in magazines and website. All those in favour say "I".

iPunk247
06-16-2008, 05:43 PM
it will certainly be worth my $$$$ on purchasing teh remastered ones & rafrag.

SeanAshmore
06-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Hey guys, just picked up my copy of RAFRAG and the remasters of ignition and S.M.A.S.H (just kidding, that annoys me).

So far i've only listened to the remastered smash, but im already deleting the original off of my mp3 player and putting this one on. The sound is a lot smoother and polished in its production, but still dosnt take away from the gritiness of the orginal, good job as far as i can hear. You can notice it especially when it goes quiet at the beginning of bad habit and you can hear the crispness of the hi hat. I'm glad i bought it. I'll upload bad habit if i can get around to it, if thats ok with the mods etc??? let me know.

edit : the smash remaster isnt only louder, the sound is more open and light, it dosnt sound as crowded anymore. I really think this was worth the purchase.

crrrN
06-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Rip rip rip rip rip :P

Rutegard
06-17-2008, 02:52 AM
Rip rip rip rip rip :P

yeah yeah yeah

holland25
06-17-2008, 03:28 AM
I want them too.

findout5
06-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Buy them :P

To the dude who bought them, does it say remastered on the side or anything like that?
Cos I get the feeling the Ignition you got may just be the regular version lol

disclaimer_07
06-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Hey guys, just picked up my copy of RAFRAG and the remasters of ignition and S.M.A.S.H (just kidding, that annoys me).

So far i've only listened to the remastered smash, but im already deleting the original off of my mp3 player and putting this one on. The sound is a lot smoother and polished in its production, but still dosnt take away from the gritiness of the orginal, good job as far as i can hear. You can notice it especially when it goes quiet at the beginning of bad habit and you can hear the crispness of the hi hat. I'm glad i bought it. I'll upload bad habit if i can get around to it, if thats ok with the mods etc??? let me know.

edit : the smash remaster isnt only louder, the sound is more open and light, it dosnt sound as crowded anymore. I really think this was worth the purchase.

Man, plz, upload one of the songs from the remastered Smash, it certainly won't cause the band any harm, it can only make more people wanna buy that shit if the sound quality is good.

holland25
06-17-2008, 04:46 AM

No money at the moment, cause I bought RAFRAG and CMVC.

Zee
06-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Really looking forward to get the albums, because even a tiny little little sound changes can make them interesting... it doesn't need a whole much, a little raised up backing vocals, hi-hat just a 0.01% louder and tadaa, the songs might be new.

Really random music listeners probably don't pay attention to really small things, but I try to do that and that's why I'm looking forward to this. Sounded good according to the user Sean, in you I believe.

Da Hui
06-17-2008, 05:34 AM
is the sound difference as noticable as, for example, how Mission From God sounds compared to the rest of Ignition?

If yes then it's a buyer, if not then it's a downloader for me I'm afraid...

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 06:29 AM

To the dude who bought them, does it say remastered on the side or anything like that?

Yes when I Brought them They both had a black sticker on the outer Wrap (not directly on them) Saying "Digitally Remastered" the Smash Sticker also had some blurb about 32 Million records sold.

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 06:32 AM
is the sound difference as noticable as, for example, how Mission From God sounds compared to the rest of Ignition?

If yes then it's a buyer, if not then it's a downloader for me I'm afraid...

No its nothing like Mission From God sound, you have to remember Mission From God was Mixed with Modern equipment and at a much later date. This is not what this record is like its just the same basic sound made a little louder and clearer the difference is pretty small. I had to play one after the other to really tell.

disclaimer_07
06-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Yes when I Brought them They both had a black sticker on the outer Wrap (not directly on them) Saying "Digitally Remastered" the Smash Sticker also had some blurb about 32 Million records sold.

Can you please upload even one song? I am just too curious and I can't buy them today.... Many thanks if you do so.

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Really looking forward to get the albums, because even a tiny little little sound changes can make them interesting... it doesn't need a whole much, a little raised up backing vocals, hi-hat just a 0.01% louder and tadaa, the songs might be new.

Really random music listeners probably don't pay attention to really small things, but I try to do that and that's why I'm looking forward to this. Sounded good according to the user Sean, in you I believe.

Your the sort that would enjoy these because the difference really is all you describe here its couple of thinks here and there not really much at all if you listented to the 2 versions days or weeks apart with out knowing they were different you prob wouldnt really notice too much but side by side its a little more obvious but still pretty small

PS sorry these 3 last post could have been condensed into one i juts didnt read some of the posts till later.

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Can you please upload even one song? I am just too curious and I can't buy them today.... Many thanks if you do so.

Ok one songs probably good i don't feel the whole album would be fair, considering I spent good money on it. Do you have a preference? And Where too?

disclaimer_07
06-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Ok one songs probably good i don't feel the whole album would be far considering I spent good money on it. DO you have a preference? And Where too?

A decent quality ~192kbps MP3 will do, and preferrably to www.rapidshare.com
If you're gonna upload one song, it can be any except for So Alone.

And many many thanks.

SeanAshmore
06-17-2008, 06:45 AM

They both had stickers on the outside of the plastic wrapping that said "Remastered edition - from the original master tapes" or something to that effect.

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 06:46 AM
A decent quality ~192kbps MP3 will do, and preferrably to www.rapidshare.com
If you're gonna upload one song, it can be any except for So Alone.

And many many thanks.

Ill do Dirty MAgic and Come Out and Play 1 from each just to give people a taste but beyond that i think its up to you guys to buy it or not

SeanAshmore
06-17-2008, 06:48 AM
I'll upload a few tracks tonight,im workin until 7pm gmt tho so if there are tracks already up it will be pointless. If anyone has any specific track they want to hear, pm me or post here and ill up it for sure.

disclaimer_07
06-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Ill do Dirty MAgic and Come Out and Play 1 from each just to give people a taste but beyond that i think its up to you guys to buy it or not

Great! I'll certainly purchase both albums, but I just can't today, nor probably even tomorrow.... So thanks a lot.

disclaimer_07
06-17-2008, 06:55 AM
I'll upload a few tracks tonight,im workin until 7pm gmt tho so if there are tracks already up it will be pointless. If anyone has any specific track they want to hear, pm me or post here and ill up it for sure.

Ha, I am really curious to hear Smash (the song), I posted my shitty remastering attempt here some time ago, and I'd like to know if I was even close.

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Great! I'll certainly purchase both albums, but I just can't today, nor probably even tomorrow.... So thanks a lot.

No Problem I'm uploading them now starting with DM. i did a Folder containing 2 MP3s so you can compare they tracks after being ripped with the same equipment (iTunes on a Mac @192kbps should work on a PC as well) and Zipped to upload together just unzip and play hopefully link coming soon

Ha, I am really curious to hear Smash (the song), I posted my shitty remastering attempt here some time ago, and I'd like to know if I was even close.

Sure ill do Smash instead

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 07:01 AM
First one tell me if a problem

http://rapidshare.com/files/123088711/Dirty_Magic_Comparison.zip.html

Edit: Crap i uploaded an empty folder 1 more try in a bit (ok it now works :D)

EDIT EDIT: OK that should be Dirty magic. Smash next

Hyper nova
06-17-2008, 07:31 AM
OK and Smash

http://rapidshare.com/files/123093195/Smash_Comarision.zip.html

That's all I will do if you want the rest you will have to buy it yourself :D

Edit: LOL I Can't Spell ComParison

ernesto88
06-17-2008, 07:35 AM
i want the same!
if anyone knows where, please put the link!!!

thanks

drex878
06-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Listen to them on itunes music store!

HeadAroundU
06-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Can't wait for Smash remastered. (http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1515131/217844/)

Dan Ta Life
06-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I bought the remastered Smash last night.... save your money unless you need a new Smash CD. You can't tell the differance.

Beheaded
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Can't wait for Smash remastered. (http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1515131/217844/)
HAHAHAHAHAHA
An easter egg.:p

holland25
06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Please, someone upload both albums. Or at least one of them... :rolleyes:

Beheaded
06-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Look closer dude.

holland25
06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA
An easter egg.:p

Is this really that remastered one? Cause it doesn't seem so. I downloaded it yesterday and heard no difference...

bighead384
06-17-2008, 01:31 PM
The remastered version of Smash is only 8 bucks on iTunes. How much is a physical copy?

Beheaded
06-17-2008, 01:36 PM
The remastered version of Smash is only 8 bucks on iTunes. How much is a physical copy?
I've paid 9 Euro (14 Dollar) for my phsiscal copy.

Is this really that remastered one? Cause it doesn't seem so. I downloaded it yesterday and heard no difference...
I think it is the remastered one.

holland25
06-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, I see no difference there, but if it is the remastered one then thanks :)

Now, who's gonna upload Ignition? It is a big difference...

bighead384
06-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Seriously, listen to both versions of Self-Esteem on iTunes. There's a HUUUGEE difference. And they did it perfect, it's not even like they ruined it and made it sound too perfect.

sebastienfan
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I only bought Smash cause I thought Ignition sounded pretty good, but now im comparing original smash with the remastered version I its only louder, I dont see much difference other than its louder. I downloaded a version of Genocide and Smash few weeks ago, called
self_esteem_remastered_by_disclaimer_04.mp3 and it sound better than my remastered album version, I dont know why. same for the other song. its like theres 3 different version;

1st) Original version
2nd)Remastered by disclaimer 07 from Itunes I beleive
3rd) The June 17th Remastered version

sebastienfan
06-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Today when I purchase Smash Remastered, I was expecting the same quality as the one from Itunes, I was Wrong. Dead Wrong. The June 17th Version of Smash doesnt worth jack shit, wou'd rather spend your money on Itunes downloading the songs Remastered by Disclaimer version, I swear to you. There's more bass in the Itunes songs.

ANDiTKO
06-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Hyper nova (http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=1601)! Why the FUCK you upload crappy shits! :mad: Do you think we are fuckin stupid or something?

Here... Smash original :
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/173/smonh0.th.png (http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/173/smonh0.png)
Here is THE CRAPPY Fuckin version of smash that you try to lie its remastered:
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8077/smrnd7.th.png (http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8077/smrnd7.png)

See?Its the Fuckin same MP3 Only that you boosted the volume so you've "Burned up" the frequencies.

Show me how to lie and getting better all the time.... Dance,dance... you gonna go far kid. :cool:

Manic Subsida
06-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeeeey. Well, I ordered RAFRAG, Greatest Hits and the remastered Igniton and Smash from amazon.com yesterday, but the shipping takes fucking long time. Almost a month!? Gah...

Selfesteem_
06-17-2008, 05:46 PM
anyone come accross the 24 page booklet yet?

Hyper nova
06-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Hyper nova (http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=1601)! Why the FUCK you upload crappy shits! :mad: Do you think we are fuckin stupid or something?

Here... Smash original :
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/173/smonh0.th.png (http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/173/smonh0.png)
Here is THE CRAPPY Fuckin version of smash that you try to lie its remastered:
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8077/smrnd7.th.png (http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8077/smrnd7.png)

See?Its the Fuckin same MP3 Only that you boosted the volume so you've "Burned up" the frequencies.

Show me how to lie and getting better all the time.... Dance,dance... you gonna go far kid. :cool:

I'm Sad to think that you would call me a liar. I Promise you I ripped it from two different CDs. The Fact that I gave in-depth description of the differences should show you that I'm not lieing ill even upload Photos if you don't believe me further.

holland25
06-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Me wants Ignition, cause me already has Smash.

ad8
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Here is the booklet:
http://fadedmemories.de/Bilder/Forum/smash2.jpg

Omg... I can see Darth Vader in the Genocide pic!:D
Thanks for uploading everyone!

Hyper nova
06-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Some people thing I'm Lying and as such I clearing my name and puting up some pictures of my Purchase to clear my name. I have no need to lie. And also a lot of "Remastering" theses days do not much more than change the loudness. So Please don't call me a liar I get very offended by that.

1st picture Left hand side is Smash Original and righthand side is Remastered
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2449/remastered1ig4.th.jpg (http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=remastered1ig4.jpg)

2nd picture with the Remastered Sticker I Saved from the Trash :D

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2715/remastered2tu3.th.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=remastered2tu3.jpg)

Sorry about the quality of pic bit rushed in my fury :'(

RODNEYMULLEN
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
So, if i preorderd them on amazon on the 16th, when should they come?

Free?
06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
So, if i preorderd them on amazon on the 16th, when should they come?

You should recieve some emails from amazon telling you when your cd's will approximately arrive.

disclaimer_07
06-18-2008, 12:46 PM
I only bought Smash cause I thought Ignition sounded pretty good, but now im comparing original smash with the remastered version I its only louder, I dont see much difference other than its louder. I downloaded a version of Genocide and Smash few weeks ago, called
self_esteem_remastered_by_disclaimer_04.mp3 and it sound better than my remastered album version, I dont know why. same for the other song. its like theres 3 different version;

1st) Original version
2nd)Remastered by disclaimer 07 from Itunes I beleive
3rd) The June 17th Remastered version

What do you mean by "Remastered by disclaimer 07 from Itunes"? I did remaster 3 songs from Smash, but each of them was remastered in a different way. I was just experimenting a bit.

BTW, I am planning to remaster the whole thing, just need some time to make it sound good.

Beheaded
06-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Today, I bought the Ignition remastered one.:cool:

Fall-children
06-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Today, I bought the Ignition remastered one.:cool:

upload :) :) "Torrent it"

MATKO5000
06-18-2008, 08:16 PM
I saw Ignition and Smash in the recordstore a few days ago, but the flames in ignition and something in Smash are also visible in the.. side? Lol I don't know how to say that, left next to the album that bar is transparent and you see flames on the bottom, are those the remasterd ones or not? Didn't look at the booklet on the inside. And the track names on the back are not upside down.

T_immortal
06-18-2008, 10:29 PM
I saw Ignition and Smash in the recordstore a few days ago, but the flames in ignition and something in Smash are also visible in the.. side? Lol I don't know how to say that, left next to the album that bar is transparent and you see flames on the bottom, are those the remasterd ones or not? Didn't look at the booklet on the inside. And the track names on the back are not upside down.

Yes what you saw were the remastered ones :) I saw the same thing at the HMV I went to yesterday

NotTheOne_NL
06-19-2008, 05:24 AM
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7272/00theoffspringignitionrgc5.jpg
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3646/00theoffspringignitionrga8.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5521/00theoffspringignitionrwu5.jpg

Steady
06-19-2008, 05:42 AM
I just downloaded smash and ignition remastered torrents and they were messed up, wouldnt play, i checked the files and each one said duration 1 second. So just warning you guys, the ones that say MTD don't work (Deffinatly didn't work for me).

I'm gonna buy them when i get paid, but untill then i just want to hear the damn things.

NotTheOne_NL
06-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Download here Ignition remastered version (http://rapidshare.com/files/123561402/Ignition_-_remastered.rar.html)

Steady
06-19-2008, 05:45 AM
Download here Ignition remastered version (http://rapidshare.com/files/123561402/Ignition_-_remastered.rar.html)

thanks man, you sir, are a legend!

ad8
06-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Thanks a LOT!

zsk
06-19-2008, 06:00 AM
can so please give me kick him when he's down?

Leandro
06-19-2008, 06:04 AM
And about Smash? Where's the link to download? Could you upload the tracks?

disclaimer_07
06-19-2008, 06:07 AM
I can upload the remastered Smash within an hour if you guys want it.

Steady
06-19-2008, 06:09 AM
ah ignition, how i love this album :)

Manzanubrio
06-19-2008, 06:36 AM
I can upload the remastered Smash within an hour if you guys want it.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

come on, do it, i'll wait for you :D

disclaimer_07
06-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Here we go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/123573227/Smash_Remastered.zip

chriiis
06-19-2008, 07:07 AM

Thanks for this one!, i hope have this sometime!, you're great man :)

zsk
06-19-2008, 07:08 AM
can someone upload it sw else???
my download limit is full!!!

disclaimer_07
06-19-2008, 07:11 AM
can someone upload it sw else???
my download limit is full!!!

But where to? And which?

zsk
06-19-2008, 07:16 AM
maybe at youtube(shit quality i know;))
or here:
http://www.2shared.com/

zsk
06-19-2008, 07:16 AM
if so doens't want to upload so much;i need only kick him when he's down and self esteem

Tonza
06-19-2008, 07:54 AM
I liked the Smash remastered better than Ignition, it's really no big difference to originals, maybe a bit more bass added...Bad Habit sound quite heavenly!

chriiis
06-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Here we go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/123573227/Smash_Remastered.zip

Thanks!!! :D

disclaimer_07
06-19-2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.2shared.com/file/3464382/a5225026/Smash_Remastered.html

bd007h
06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
One thing I just noticed about the Smash Remaster is that they cut out the talking before What Happened To You?

Hyper nova
06-19-2008, 05:45 PM
One thing I just noticed about the Smash Remaster is that they cut out the talking before What Happened To You?

Wow Didn't notice that Great Spot

The More I listen to them the more I realise they haven't really done a lot at all, that's actually one of the biggest clues as to the fact that they are indeed remastered but a lot of the "crackle" is still there but i do like Dirty Magic now the intro just sounds so much more lively and cool. Also now that America has the albums now is ther indead an infamous 24 page booklet with your guys's one instead of the above 14 (or 7 depending how you count) page. Or can someone at Epitaph not count 10-19 and just go "Eeight, Nine, TWENTY,twenty one, Twenty two, Twenty threeee, Tweeentty Fooouur."

Selfesteem_
06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
I double checked, then realised I put the old version on by mistake. check the remastered, good spot

sebastienfan
06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Try this and let me know what you think.

http://rapidshare.com/files/123709403/Self_Esteem_3_version.zip.html